The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Was Mount Stamina Messed With?

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In patch v5.2.5 & Update 24
    In our continuing efforts to improve server performance, we have refactored how Sprint functions on the backend and have made some changes to the design.

On-foot sprint will largely function the same as it has in the past, though we’ve decreased the Stamina cost of sprinting which will result in being able to sprint longer. You’ll also notice the Stamina drain is more fluid in the UI.
    Like on-foot sprint, mounts will now stop sprinting when their Stamina is fully drained. However, we’ve decreased the Stamina cost of mounted sprint and greatly increased both base Stamina and base Recovery for mounts.
    We will be closely monitoring how these changes affect your ability to traverse Tamriel.
    That fact that you no longer have Rapids as you once did might allow the above adjustments to be more noticeable.

gotta disagree

I never have used rapids. It used to be that you could just keep sprinting at 0. Contrary to some statements here, that is not in effect anymore. You hit 0, your mount slows down and your stamina starts to refill as you travel at normal speed.

And stamina is Definitely dropping a lot faster that it was before this last update. And its not a psychological response to losing Rapids.

:#
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i experience it too and it's definitely a bug because it's not always like that. sometimes when i jump zones it fixes itself, then reverts back when i go to another zone. logging out and logging back in can fix it, but only temporarily. it's a bug
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtk wrote: »
    I upgraded stamina in one zone yesterday and it looks alright, no rapid drop... After i changed zone, stamina drains super quickly on mount sprint. It's weird bug :/

Yeah today it alternated between bugged and not every time I traveled to a wayshrine.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep, i was 40 days without playing, and yesterday night stamina was draining from a keep to a resource
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to chime in here as I'm having the completely opposite issue on certain toons.

My mount stamina now drains extremely slowly; before this most recent patch I could mount sprint across Cyrodiil from one fort to another (lets go Black Boot to Faregyl) and I'd have to stop 2-3 times at 60 stam for it to recharge. Now I seem to get there with only a single bar of sprinting being used.

On the other hand my magicka toons who also have 60 mount stam seem to have the same problem everyone else has; their mount stam burns like paper in front of a flame thrower.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have a confusing mount stamina issue.

Server: NA
    All my characters are Magicka DKs (i play one as main and the rest are mules for crafting/dailies and it is just simpler to have them all the same), max level, same CP allocation.

All of the characters referred to have max mount stamina (and speed and carry)

Character:
    • Aka - slow mount stamina drain like pre-Stonethorn. (main character) - has rapids
    • No - slow mount stamina drain like pre-Stonethorn. - had rapids pre-Stonethorn
    • Lion - fast mount stamina drain! - had rapids pre-Stonethorn
    • Kummi - fast mount stamina drain!
    • Eagle - fast mount stamina drain!
    • Stands - fast mount stamina drain!

Out of curiosity, I tried moving a character up to 2nd place on the character select screen and...suddenly mount stamina doesn't drain fast anymore.

As a test I sprinted my mount from the Blue Palace door through the Keep gate and then took a screenshot. I then logged out, moved my character to place 2 on the list and logged back in, sprinted from Blue Palace to the Keep gate again and another screenshot.

At her original place of 4 on the character select screen, her stamina drains very fast, using about 2/3 of the bar!
    EljLDrg.png?1

After moving her to place 2 on the character select screen, her stamina use is just a tiny bit, this is what I am used to seeing.
    4ARGdKZ.png?1

Returning to place 4 on character select.
    tqxdzu2.png?1

The problematic stamina use didn't return.
    I quit to desktop, relaunched and tested again with character in place 4.

It seems to be permanently fixed on this character just by moving her location in the character order. This might be the most bizarre bug I have tested! :D EDIT: her mount stamina started draining fast again after awhile doing dailies in Western Skyrim

Thank you for joining me on my bug test adventure this afternoon!
    Edited by Mix on August 30, 2020 6:30PM
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even when it doesn’t glitch and drain immediately, it still drains much faster than before the patch.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been having a slightly different issue with this. It seems that I can't even sprint while mounted anymore. The mounts' stamina bar isn't depleting any faster than it was before, however when initiating sprint, the mounted character speeds up to full sprint speed but then immediately slows back down to normal movement speed. It still runs the stamina bar down like this. If I run them off a staircase or hill where they leave the ground, they'll regain the full sprint speed after landing and then slow right back down again after a second or two.

Something is definitely broken.
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this today.
    My Stamina was draining away quickly and behaving irregularly.
    This has to be a Bug.....
    Malborn
    PC-EU
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS completely broke the game with this update.
    I have 8 characters each with around 30-35 mount stamina - on some of them the mounts work normally, but on others the stamina drain is extremely rapid as if their stamina was never raised by feeding them.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We’ve been looking into this issue, which wasn’t a deliberate change, but as some of you have noted it’s been difficult to pinpoint what’s causing it. We’re continuing to investigate though, and will let you know if we need any additional info.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I am happy to read it is a bug & not intended.
    I rode around in Cyro for a few hours tonight on my max CP Sorc with 60/60/60 horse training & the mount stamina drain was normal speed every time. I changed to my lvl25 Warden with 45//0/0 horse training & the mount stamina drained in 3 seconds every time I sprinted.
    Edited by dem0n1k on August 31, 2020 8:40AM
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    With rapid stolen and stamina burning in 5 second the horse became nearly useless😑
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know whether it's a bug or a feature, but I also noticed that on my secondary characters, whose mount stamina isn't maxed yet, it is now impossible to gallop from the Alinor writ crates to the stables without reaching full stamina depletion, and similarly impossible to gallop back from the stables to the crafting hub. It seems that this is the case for characters having up to 20-ish points in stamina.

I also noticed a quick rebound of stamina when Observe's guar jumped from the stairs between Rinmawen's Plaza and the crafting hub, that I think is weird and unexplained, as if jumping was considered like a pause to the galloping or a quick dismount-remount.

Anyways, something definitely did happen to mount stamina this patch.
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for the official response. This is reassuring. Bugs happen, but at least now we know faster stamina depletion was not intended. Phew!
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’ve been looking into this issue, which wasn’t a deliberate change, but as some of you have noted it’s been difficult to pinpoint what’s causing it. We’re continuing to investigate though, and will let you know if we need any additional info.
    Thanks for clarification
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing the tutorial in Cyradil yesterday. Mount speed 33. From the transitus shrine to the inner door to leave the west building to go report to Zan - stamina completely drained from full to 0, before I reached the exit.

And it went like that consistently throughout my gameplay.

:#
  • linlilia
    linlilia
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks ZOS for making getting rapids worse now. Great grind. I thought we were done with horrible grinds?
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this issue myself. They messed it up. It's almost like the different teams aren't working on the same build of the game.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so based on what @Mix said about the character order mattering, I tested a bit myself.

Characters I have, in order as they are on load screen:
    • A, Lv 50 CP463, 17% mount stamina, 40% mount speed
    • B, Lv 49, no CP, 1% stam, 0% speed
    • C, Lv 32, 284 CP, 1% stam, 0% speed
    • D, Lv 42, no CP, 1% stam, 0% speed
    • E, Lv 30, no CP, 1% stam, 0% speed
    • F, Lv 35, no CP, 1% stam, 0% speed

A is my main, and the rest are really just testing characters running dailies or playing with builds. I don't do anything serious with the others.

None of them have Rapids. A has the unmorphed skill unlocked, but he doesn't have it slotted.

A does not show the gallop bug. His mount can sprint for 1:22 before fully draining.
    B does not show the gallop bug. His mount can sprint for 30 sec before fully draining.
    F does not show the gallop bug. His mount can sprint for 30 sec before fully draining.

The other three show the bug and can only gallop for 6 seconds before fully drained.

I swapped character D to the end of the list (new order: ABCEFD). At that point, F was still fine (30 sec gallop), but then D no longer showed the bug (also could gallop 30 seconds). After switching the order back to ABCDEF, F still was at a 30 sec gallop, but D was bugged back to 6 seconds.

I also tried swapping C to the second slot (ACBDEF). After swapping, C no longer showed the bug and galloped for 30 seconds. Swapped him back, and he was bugged again.

So for me, it seems the characters in 1st, 2nd, and last slots are not bugged and never show the bug. Swapping a bugged character into one of those slots will remove the bug, but it'll be back if they're put back where they were.

Another test: I swapped the order to ABCFDE and shut down the game. Upon reopening, F was still not bugged and could gallop 30 sec. E is also not bugged and can gallop for 30 sec. I swapped them back to the normal order, and surprisingly neither D, E, or F are bugged. C's even fixed!
    I restarted again, leaving the characters in the proper order (ABCDEF). And C, D, and E are still not bugged! Granted, I only had the game off for a second or so before restarting, but the bug seems gone?

I don't know if that's a permanent fix to just swap some character to the end then restart, but it seemed to work for now. Will need to see if that's going to stay fixed after I have the game off for a while.

I will say it seems that the stamina recovers very quickly too, but I don't see a major difference in that by character, and I also don't know what it used to be before.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, a bit more testing now that I've waited a bit to turn everything back on.

I closed the game last night with my characters in the order ABCDEF. Turning it on and running some things today, I'm noticing that the bug only returned on character D. Characters C and E were still fine and had the 30 sec stamina rate.

In terms of the stamina recovery, I noticed that C was recovering at wildly different rates when I was being chased by mobs versus when not. He also seemed to get a lot of stamina recovered from just stopping sprinting for a bit, even if it was just a quick trip over uneven ground.
  • EarlSweatshirt
    EarlSweatshirt
    Soul Shriven
    The first day or two after the patch I could get it back to normal by using a wayshine or something that creates a loading screen. Now nothing fixes it, and my mount is useless. Stamina lasts 6 seconds at most
  • Muzza45
    Muzza45
    ✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    There are so many bugs since the last maintenance that this, though shocking in itself, causes just another eye roll.

When I started playing, and for months after, when mount stamina ran out, my mount’s speed never dropped and I never understood why. One day, I noticed in the patch notes for an update that they were reinstating the stamina limit. I gathered it had been suspended to address a bug. I wonder if this is the bug?

I’ve been playing less than eighteen months and I’ve already seen the return of bugs that have already been fixed.

In software terms this reappearance of bugs is called "regression"...
    Very well known in poorly designed/written code.
  • SpyroRue
    SpyroRue
    Soul Shriven
    I have really noticed a very fast use of my fully upgraded mounts stamina, and also an extremely long time to regenerate the stamina... :'( Feels like I'm a new character without upgrades
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to happen randomly for me. I started a new character - bug. Put one point in speed - bug. Ported somewhere else - bug. Ported again - no bug. Ran around just fine with it draining normally. Ported somewhere - bug again. So sometimes changing zone seems to reset it, and sometimes not. Characters created before the patch are displaying the same behaviour, equally randomly it appears. I'm just running places now because it's more efficient.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. It’s not just me.

They did something. Seemed more annoying than usual on my lowbie character.
    Edited by Tan9oSuccka on September 2, 2020 1:34PM
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    Hey! bur the crown store works great. You can buy that new mount you always wanted with zero lag!!! B)

I wouldn't be too sure about the "zero lag" claim. This is ZOS we're talking about, there's got to be lag somewhere. :D
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭

How is it that on TESO, there are so many problems after an update?

Like many players here (well, I think), I've had the opportunity to play a number of MMORPGs and online games in different categories and in all my experience, I've never seen (major) updates as bad as the one on TESO.

I don't want to be mean, but shouldn't there be some change in the team in charge of the game?

Because after 6 years of TESO's existence, it's really not normal for players to still have as many problems as this, not to mention the probably comfortable income that TESO provides.

Like many players here (well, I think), I've had the opportunity to play a number of MMORPGs and online games in different categories, and in all my experience, I've never seen (major) updates as bad as TESO.

I don't want to be mean, but shouldn't there be some change in the team in charge of the game?

Because after 6 years of TESO's existence, it's really not normal for players to still have as many problems as this, not to mention the probably comfortable income that TESO provides.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Otherwise, finally, finally an answer from you ((well of course, when I say "you" it's in a general way)), I almost have tears in my eyes, following this act a cross on the calendar is imposed (this one would even deserve to be in gold :D) !
    Edited by Khatou on September 2, 2020 2:04PM
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this yesterday on a character with no points into mount stamina. Full mount stamina to zero in seven seconds. The problem fixed itself after swapping characters and then swapping back again.
  • AgnesNitt
    AgnesNitt
    The first day or two after the patch I could get it back to normal by using a wayshine or something that creates a loading screen. Now nothing fixes it, and my mount is useless. Stamina lasts 6 seconds at most

I'm experiencing the same - on the first one or two days after the patch it only happend occasionally, but now it's always (or almost always, still not sure about that).
    But I noticed another thing and I'd like to hear if that concerns other people too:
    This bug does not only affect my mount's stamina but also my character's. It's not to such a big amount as the horse's but still noticeable.
    And the two seem to be linked, at least that's what I noticed back then (i.e. a few days ago...) when the bug was not present every single time: Mount's stamina bugged --> character's stamina also bugged
    Mount's stamina ok --> Character's stamina also ok.