The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was Mount Stamina Messed With?

Gundug
Gundug
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that I’m grinding AP to unlock Rapid Maneuvers again, I’m finding my mount stamina is going down incredibly rapidly with a 60/60/60 mount. I used to be able to go from keep to keep at full sprint, with the Rapid boost, and never run out. Now it seems like I’m constantly drained after covering a fraction of the distance. I end up having to sprint for a short time, jog for a long time. Is anyone else noticing this?
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen 10+ posts of this. Surprised zos hasnt responded once, or closed even a single one, and trying to "merge" these Mount stamina posts together.... zos sometimes baffles me
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It feels like it was reverted to what it was before they fixed the infinite sprint bug. When they fixed that bug, the trade off was that stamina deflation was adjusted to be much more reasonable. Was it accidentally reverted? Was it accidentally-on-purpose reverted?
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frontend wrote: »
    I have seen 10+ posts of this. Surprised zos hasnt responded once, or closed even a single one, and trying to "merge" these Mount stamina posts together.... zos sometimes baffles me

They have also not responded to the massive guild trader bug (where every guild shows as having none hired). Or to the major bug that makes purchased houses in western Skyrim not show up on map. Or to the new de-sync issues introduced with the patch.
    Edited by Pevey on August 27, 2020 9:44PM
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey! bur the crown store works great. You can buy that new mount you always wanted with zero lag!!! B)
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    frontend wrote: »

They have also not responded to the massive guild trader bug (where every guild shows as having none hired). Or to the major bug that makes purchased houses in western Skyrim not show up on map. Or to the new de-sync issues introduced with the patch.

They tend to only respond acknowledge those bugs they are going to fix, and fully ignore all those they either don't want to fix or have no clue how to fix.
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't notice anything, when stamina hit 0 it just bump up to 30% and I can sprint 24/7 just like before patch
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re ignoring all the mount / rapids issues, but 3 staff members jumped straight on a post about an achievement bug for the new DLC...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »
    They’re ignoring all the mount / rapids issues, but 3 staff members jumped straight on a post about an achievement bug for the new DLC...

Yep, they really need to work on their PR. Ignoring your playerbase doesn't make the problem go away it just frustrates people more. But this has often been a problem ZOS has had. They don't bother responding when issues are brought up. It seems like a 'See no complaints. Hear no complaints. Pretend the complaints don't exist and hope they'll go away' which is a pretty crappy way to respond with literally no response. But it's been this way about just about everything. It's something ZOS seriously need to work on their PR department or whatever it is. Like not just with complaints but actual issues in the game they often go silent on or when the game is broken and people have issues even getting in there have been far too many times they just went silent from what I remember. I mean it'd work more in their favour if they did put out responses.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really bad change. Like what the hell!?!? There is no player that would have wanted this... why they make these changes to infuriate the player base just baffles me! It is so noticable on a low level character with 0 horse stamina upgrades... the horse stamina drains in 3 seconds! It's terrible!
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's a deliberate change? Some people are calling it a bug rather than a nerf.

I've noticed that for my characters who are fully-trained in all 3 riding skills, the rate of mount stamina depletion can vary; it seems to deplete at 2 different rates depending on my character.

I thought it might be due to the War Mount CP perk, but the weird thing is that the characters who seem to have the slower mount stamina depletion are below Level 50 and I haven't distributed any CPs on them yet, so they don't have that perk.

But the characters who are Level 50 and have all 810 CPs distributed are experiencing the faster mount stamina depletion even if they don't have the War Mount perk, either, so I'm not sure that that's got anything to do with it.

I haven't checked characters who do have the War Mount perk to see whether their mount stamina depletes-- even though, as I understand that perk, it isn't supposed to deplete at all outside of combat-- and if so, how quickly or slowly it depletes.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo any word? Going into the weekend, when it’s even less likely to hear anything so....
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    In patch v5.2.5 & Update 24
    In our continuing efforts to improve server performance, we have refactored how Sprint functions on the backend and have made some changes to the design.

On-foot sprint will largely function the same as it has in the past, though we’ve decreased the Stamina cost of sprinting which will result in being able to sprint longer. You’ll also notice the Stamina drain is more fluid in the UI.
    Like on-foot sprint, mounts will now stop sprinting when their Stamina is fully drained. However, we’ve decreased the Stamina cost of mounted sprint and greatly increased both base Stamina and base Recovery for mounts.
    We will be closely monitoring how these changes affect your ability to traverse Tamriel.
    That fact that you no longer have Rapids as you once did might allow the above adjustments to be more noticeable.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did notice that mount sprinting seems to decay much faster than it did before, and there was nothing in the patch notes about changing that.

Definitely doesn't have to deal with rapids since the character I'm noticing it on never had it, and he's still got 0 mount skills. I just notice that mount stamina seems to be dropping way faster than before.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In patch v5.2.5 & Update 24
    In our continuing efforts to improve server performance, we have refactored how Sprint functions on the backend and have made some changes to the design.

On-foot sprint will largely function the same as it has in the past, though we’ve decreased the Stamina cost of sprinting which will result in being able to sprint longer. You’ll also notice the Stamina drain is more fluid in the UI.
    Like on-foot sprint, mounts will now stop sprinting when their Stamina is fully drained. However, we’ve decreased the Stamina cost of mounted sprint and greatly increased both base Stamina and base Recovery for mounts.
    We will be closely monitoring how these changes affect your ability to traverse Tamriel.
    That fact that you no longer have Rapids as you once did might allow the above adjustments to be more noticeable.

No, this isn’t the issue at all. Stamina drains much more quickly, and it even says in that patch note that it reduced the mount stamina cost. I’ve run around before this patch without rapids on a slow mount. The difference is not subtle at all. It takes just a few seconds to drain.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, because I’m starting out in PC but still won’t completely abandon my console account, I have the benefit of comparing the stamina drain on minimally trained mounts pre- and post-patch. Again, the difference is obvious.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I mentioned several hours ago, I've noticed that my characters who have completed all mount training seem to fall into two groups-- those whose mount stamina depletes slowly, and those whose mount stamina depletes quickly.

I checked each character more thoroughly this morning while cycling through them to do their daily crafting writs, and it's just as I thought:

All of my below-L50 characters who've trained to 60-60-60 in their riding lessons but who haven't had any CPs distributed yet are able to ride around with slowly-depleting mount stamina. I don't know if their mount stamina depletes "normally," because I don't remember how slowly it depleted before this change.

All of my L50 characters who've trained to 60-60-60 and who have all 810 of my "usable" CPs distributed are experiencing this rapidly-depleting mount stamina-- but not nearly as rapidly as my below-L50 characters who are still taking riding lessons.

It "feels" like whatever program code is checking how an account's CP has been distributed on a character is doing something that's the opposite of what it's supposed to be doing, such subtracting a calculated adjustment when it should be adding, or something of that nature.

I don't know if that's what's happening, but it does seem odd that a character with 60-60-60 mount training who doesn't have any CPs yet can ride quickly for a much longer period of time because mount stamina depletes at a normal(?) rate, whereas another character with 60-60-60 mount training and 810 CPs distributed around the 9 constellations is now being "penalized" with rapidly-depleting mount stamina.

I guess my next step will be to respec one of my L50 characters and remove all of their CPs, to see if they're suddenly able to ride around "normally" again.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think it’s the CP, because I haven’t even hit CP yet and it’s affecting most of my characters.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many bugs since the last maintenance that this, though shocking in itself, causes just another eye roll.

When I started playing, and for months after, when mount stamina ran out, my mount’s speed never dropped and I never understood why. One day, I noticed in the patch notes for an update that they were reinstating the stamina limit. I gathered it had been suspended to address a bug. I wonder if this is the bug?

I’ve been playing less than eighteen months and I’ve already seen the return of bugs that have already been fixed.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After a bit of (admittedly informal) testing, I've found that it is affecting my characters differently as well.

My main is my only level 50+ character, with CP allocated (just over 450 points), and with mount training (I think he's at 40 speed, 20 stam, 60 inv or something like that). His mount stamina seems to be fine.

I have a few other tester characters just to see what playstyles I like, and those are the ones I'm noticing the quick drain stamina. Of those, all are below level 50, only one has some CP allocated (and only around 250-300 points total), and none have any mount training besides the one free speed book from the level up advisor. They run through the entire mount stamina in around 3 seconds of sprinting.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the CP allocation or non-allocation is the only commonality I've noticed between my chatacters that have fast-depletion versus slow-depletion.

I can't get into the game right now to check anything, because I'm getting "patch manifest fail" or whatever, on both Windows and Mac. I don't see any mention in the forums of other people having connection issues right now, so I don't know if it's just me, or what, but on both Windows and Mac Steam is asking if I want to repair the game. :'(
  • Darkrock
    Darkrock
    ✭✭
    I logged in on my lvl 40 60/60/60 that I haven't used in ages this morning, then remembered I needed to get the psijic line for him. After dealing with the first Summerset part of the opening quest, he emptied his stamina bar very quickly when going from Razum-Dar to the portal. After porting through, he used stamina very slowly, like normal, going from the portal to the next NPC. So it looks like some sort of bug to me, not something permanent.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a brand new alt, put her first horse point into stamina, and her stamina drained at the usual, pre-bugged rate. When I logged back on later that day, boom, stamina drain bug.
    And now it’s the weekend and not a peep from them. 😐
  • 0lbertikus
    0lbertikus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm facing this bug, too. Mount's stamina lasts only for about 5 seconds until it's empty.
    Edited by 0lbertikus on August 29, 2020 8:20AM
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies. It appears that this may indeed be a bug, and hopefully the developers will see to correcting it quickly. If you experience This issue in game, it would be helpful to share the details with ZOS through the bug report function as well.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems like its a bug as mount stamina is draining away faster than before it was changed.

This is a complete pain in Cyrodiil and yet another bad advert for PVP.
  • preamp
    preamp
    ✭✭
    I too have noticed my mount stamina drains much quicker, (absolutely ridiculous for Cyrodiil) and no mention of it in the patch notes.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems like the improvements in patch 5.2.5 were silently reverted. Can we please get a response on whether this was intentional?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I REALLY hope it is a bug.. that would at least make some sort of sense for the change.

NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • noneatza
    noneatza
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be a bug, my crafters all have war mount and yet if i look at my mount stamina the wrong way it drains in 2 seconds of sprinting.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I upgraded stamina in one zone yesterday and it looks alright, no rapid drop... After i changed zone, stamina drains super quickly on mount sprint. It's weird bug :/
    Really sorry for my english