The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

They are really going to let these vampire eviscerate changes go to live?

• SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    DT-ARR wrote: »
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »
    What they should have done was scaled the no heal penalty based on vampire stage.

Stage 4 vamp doesnt disable outside heals at all.

Stage 3 vamp disables outside heals for 2 seconds.

Stage 2 vamp disables outside heals for 4 seconds.

Stage 1 vamp disables outside heals for 5 seconds.

Or something to that effect.

This actually would be a great incentive for peeps who want more reason to play stage 4.

I doubt that. Higher stages have the cost increase. This means that higher stages make it harder to sustain the build portion that uses non vampire skills, but this in turn would make the vampire less preferable. The spamable would likely cost you more sustain than any other spamable which would defeat the reason to use it over something else that maybe has slightly less damage.

Vampire, like WW is a borderline skillline. It either gets strong enought to become meta (like now) or it tips over to the other side. You will never see this skill line becoming a side grade.

Personally i feel like every vamp ability needs to scale with stage. Its not enough to simply reduce the cost via the passive.

Either increase the damage or add some defensive passive or something per skill. This would drastically increase the incentives to play vamp the way ZOS has intended. Aka not simply for a cost reduce passive or singular skill ala BfB.

Incredibly disappointing that they are so narrow minded and heavy handed with their approach.

The problem with scaling on stages is that you have 10+2 skillslots but only 5+1 abilities. This means that, unlike with WW, balancing always needs to look at combinations. Its next to impossible to hit that sweet spot where Vampires become a nice and fun sidegrade. Thats also partially the fault of the community because ppl like to get upgrades instead of sidegrades.

I would argue it is also the devs fault for not doing something similar to vamp lord. They could of kept us with having like, 2 abilities outside of vamp lord form, right? And some passives? Then while we're in vamp lord form those two abilities get bonuses/change and we get 3 extra abilities and access to all of the passives.

The reason why the 10+2 skill slots is such an issue with vampire is because they refuse to make it like vamp lord from skyrim and/or werewolf. When in reality that'd solve a lot of issues with the skill line.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    What they should have done was scaled the no heal penalty based on vampire stage.

This actually would be a great incentive for peeps who want more reason to play stage 4.

I doubt that. Higher stages have the cost increase. This means that higher stages make it harder to sustain the build portion that uses non vampire skills, but this in turn would make the vampire less preferable. The spamable would likely cost you more sustain than any other spamable which would defeat the reason to use it over something else that maybe has slightly less damage.

Vampire, like WW is a borderline skillline. It either gets strong enought to become meta (like now) or it tips over to the other side. You will never see this skill line becoming a side grade.

Personally i feel like every vamp ability needs to scale with stage. Its not enough to simply reduce the cost via the passive.

Either increase the damage or add some defensive passive or something per skill. This would drastically increase the incentives to play vamp the way ZOS has intended. Aka not simply for a cost reduce passive or singular skill ala BfB.

Incredibly disappointing that they are so narrow minded and heavy handed with their approach.

The problem with scaling on stages is that you have 10+2 skillslots but only 5+1 abilities. This means that, unlike with WW, balancing always needs to look at combinations. Its next to impossible to hit that sweet spot where Vampires become a nice and fun sidegrade. Thats also partially the fault of the community because ppl like to get upgrades instead of sidegrades.

Maybe i’m just a completely ignorant of what youre saying. But I stand by my statement. If they want people to play vampire beyond stage 1 than the skills need to get progressively better as you advance in stage to offset the ability cost increase to your primary skill line. Id even be okay with them furthering the skill cost penalty provided that the vamp skills themselves become cohesive as you progress in stage.

I see people, myself included, constantly complain that the skills dont work to offset the penalties. I dont think anyone is denying that at this point. What I’m saying is that this could easily be worked out by buffing the skills per vamp stage rather than simply the base skill itself - beyond simply the token cost reduction.

ZOS made the decision to go this route via stage penalties. They are responsible for making it work with the skills they provided.

Again, this doesnt necessarily have to be a flat dps increase. There are so many ways to get creative per skill to warrant their inclusion in a rotation. Add additional health per hit/ or magicka or stamina. Or damage mitigation. Or literally anything.

Stage 4’s passive for instance penalizes you out the ass simply for an out of combat invis bonus. That is flat out unacceptable and in no way offsets the negative 100% health regen and a big % increase to flame damage and base skill costs. The passive bonus as it currently stands is nothing more than a novelty.

Regardless though. The current iteration is sloppy and as someone else stated, like 4 different people submitted random ideas without thinking of how theyd work together or would be applied in practice. Truthfully it makes me wonder if the devs even play end game content vs just morphing in for the random overland boss on an every other month basis. But whatever. Its ZOS world, we just play in it.
    Edited by DT-ARR on August 16, 2020 3:32AM
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    A similar idea / variation of the earlier... You could achieve a similar goal by applying a negative heal % penalty per stage. Re-enforcing the goal of having players go all in on rolling a vamp...

Vamp stage 4: 5% or 0% heal reduction for 5 seconds after eviscerate.

3: 33% reduction

2: 66%

1: 95% or 100%

Maybe i’m crazy though. I’d be okay with that too.
    Edited by DT-ARR on August 16, 2020 4:02AM
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully after they neuter BfB they will look at how the rest of the line is lacking.
    Vampires are no more durable than mortals, they sacrifice their health for power, they are harder to heal, and have little healing for themselves?
    What really gets me is stage 4. Very little self healing in tree, no passive health regen, drinking blood doesn't heal me... how am I supposed to feel like a vampire like that?

Biggest point being, why do vampires have no viable heals in tree and a ton of things that either take your health, prevent you from healing passively, or prevent others from healing you?

I think they have the negatives of being a vampire very well covered, now how about some positives pls?

Lets get some heals in the tree, something more stamina friendly, and lets make some more vampire abilities actually useful.
    Cuz right now they aren't, and we're sacrificing sustain to get them
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. They really are.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kardrik wrote: »
    What really gets me is stage 4. Very little self healing in tree, no passive health regen, drinking blood doesn't heal me... how am I supposed to feel like a vampire like that?

I'm experiencing this same feeling to. Remember how the old feeding synergy actually healed you and could be used in combat? This new synergy is just a re-skinned Blade of Woe with little to no thought process put into it. Its rushed and that's why it works on other vampires and deadra as well, and instead of fixing the problem ZOS decided to justify their laziness by adding an achievement for feeding on another vampire. Its so stupid it hurts.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    well according to Gina reply yes.

ZOS_GinaBrunoZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Last week was the final PTS patch before we launch on PC next Monday.

NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • Nser
    Nser
    ✭✭✭
    BFB in good place but it just need range increase from 5 meter to 7 meter the ability out of range missing to much
    Plus the cant be healed but reduce the time to 2 sec and bringe back the damage to 100%
    Btw Im using it for pvp...
  • Nser
    Nser
    ✭✭✭
    Pts.. Please fix the tooltip damage of blood for blood it is different from live server and not same as other magicka morph..
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would argue it is also the devs fault for not doing something similar to vamp lord. They could of kept us with having like, 2 abilities outside of vamp lord form, right? And some passives? Then while we're in vamp lord form those two abilities get bonuses/change and we get 3 extra abilities and access to all of the passives.

The reason why the 10+2 skill slots is such an issue with vampire is because they refuse to make it like vamp lord from skyrim and/or werewolf. When in reality that'd solve a lot of issues with the skill line.

The first thing you would see if they copy the WW style over to vampire would be huge complaints from the community. If you would ask 10 players what they want they would all pull into diferent directions. That doesnt make it easier.

Maybe i’m just a completely ignorant of what youre saying. But I stand by my statement. If they want people to play vampire beyond stage 1 than the skills need to get progressively better as you advance in stage to offset the ability cost increase to your primary skill line. Id even be okay with them furthering the skill cost penalty provided that the vamp skills themselves become cohesive as you progress in stage.

I see people, myself included, constantly complain that the skills dont work to offset the penalties. I dont think anyone is denying that at this point. What I’m saying is that this could easily be worked out by buffing the skills per vamp stage rather than simply the base skill itself - beyond simply the token cost reduction.

ZOS made the decision to go this route via stage penalties. They are responsible for making it work with the skills they provided.

Again, this doesnt necessarily have to be a flat dps increase. There are so many ways to get creative per skill to warrant their inclusion in a rotation. Add additional health per hit/ or magicka or stamina. Or damage mitigation. Or literally anything.

Stage 4’s passive for instance penalizes you out the ass simply for an out of combat invis bonus. That is flat out unacceptable and in no way offsets the negative 100% health regen and a big % increase to flame damage and base skill costs. The passive bonus as it currently stands is nothing more than a novelty.

Regardless though. The current iteration is sloppy and as someone else stated, like 4 different people submitted random ideas without thinking of how theyd work together or would be applied in practice. Truthfully it makes me wonder if the devs even play end game content vs just morphing in for the random overland boss on an every other month basis. But whatever. Its ZOS world, we just play in it.

What i was saying is that you need to mix vampire skills with normal skills to form a full build and that its complicated to balance this correctly in terms of bonus and malus side.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

The first thing you would see if they copy the WW style over to vampire would be huge complaints from the community. If you would ask 10 players what they want they would all pull into diferent directions. That doesnt make it easier.

What i was saying is that you need to mix vampire skills with normal skills to form a full build and that its complicated to balance this correctly in terms of bonus and malus side.

It wouldn't be copying the werewolf style entirely. You'd still have 2 basic vamp abilities and a couple passives outside of the form.

But they should of tied in a lot of the abilities/functions of the class to the ultimate transformation. You're mistaking how many people wanted this to br the case. So that peeps who want to be vamp and not use the form would be happy and those that want a powerful form would be happy. With this current rework, who is happy, exactly?

It'd be, quite literally, like vamps from Skyrim. And they were totally different from werewolves in that game.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    .:;(;:;

I don’t disagree that it takes thought and effort to pull off. What i’m saying is, is that ZOS applied neither.

To not explore passive bonuses to the skills themselves, while instead opting to only add a cost increase/decrease per tier, when their own stated vision - and the entire concept of the vampire rework revolves around tiers - is the pinnacle of lazy development.

Especially so when considering that the blanket penalties to health regen / fire damage / skill cost increase per stage were not adjusted in the slightest in tandem with the nerfs to the skills that the penalties were based around. This has made the entire line completely non viable outside of solo gank play / solo overland content - and as the title of a different forum thread stated - an abject failure of game design.

It is the sole reason that the vamp line is in the state that its in. Honestly i’m not even so much concerned at this point for the state of the game as i am for the state of their company. If this is the best talent that they can afford to pay/attract than its time to throw in the towel and pull the plug on the whole thing.

To say nothing of the crippling performance issues which seemingly get worse each patch release..
    Edited by DT-ARR on August 18, 2020 3:10AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about the following changes?

- Remove the Health Reduction Penalty and instead apply a Less Healing Received Penalty as you go from stage 1 to stage 4, to compensate however your base health regeneration should increase by 250 points per stage up to 1000 points faster at stage 4, this would make more sense given Vampires are supposed to heal quickly according to the lore and it would allow some unique regeneration builds to boot.

- Perfect Scion in addition to it's current effect should increase your weapon and spell power much like Blood Frenzy does.

- Blood Frenzy should become a Gap Closer which grants invisibility for 1 second after use with a stamina morph option that simply converts it to stamina and applies Minor Defile, the magicka morph would drain 33% of the inflicted damage back as health.

- Arterial Burst should beable to be used at Range in addition to it's current effect

- Vampiric Drain should become an execute that deals more damage the less health your opponent has,this would mirror it's current heal effect where it heals you for more the lower your health is, the Drain Vigor morph should restore the same percentage of stamina as it does health.

- Mesmerize and it's morphs should apply a debuff to the enemy when used such as minor vulnerability, in addition it should allow a Vampire to bite an enemy in combat for the less stealth based Vampire, this would not be overpowered as it would only work on NPCs that you can already bite not to mention it would be quicker to kill the enemy by just hitting them a few times over using mesmerize and then performing a cinematic action.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on August 21, 2020 1:01PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh I wish people would stop suggesting stamina morphs on Vampires.... it's entirely intended for magicka. Werewolf is the stamina counterpart...
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Ugh I wish people would stop suggesting stamina morphs on Vampires.... it's entirely intended for magicka. Werewolf is the stamina counterpart...

Err no thanks, I want my stamina toon to be a vampire not a poxy werewolf
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

Have ever played any other TES game? Vampirisim boosts physical and magical aspects of the afflicted person, which actually can be seen in ESO with Blood Frenzy giving weapon damage, one drain morph restoring stamina, and the ult increasing max stamina by 10,000 points. The fact ZOS doesn't give us a stamina morph but continues to have some skills boost physical stats is really cruel since that non-vampire cost increase exists.

Edit: Also forgot to include Strike From the Shadows giving weapon damage and Unnatural Movement improving sprint efficiency.
    Edited by Vevvev on August 21, 2020 6:12PM
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about the following changes?

- Remove the Health Reduction Penalty and instead apply a Less Healing Received Penalty as you go from stage 1 to stage 4, to compensate however your base health regeneration should increase by 250 points per stage up to 1000 points faster at stage 4, this would make more sense given Vampires are supposed to heal quickly according to the lore and it would allow some unique regeneration builds to boot.

- Perfect Scion in addition to it's current effect should increase your weapon and spell power much like Blood Frenzy does.

- Blood Frenzy should become a Gap Closer which grants invisibility for 1 second after use with a stamina morph option that simply converts it to stamina and applies Minor Defile, the magicka morph would drain 33% of the inflicted damage back as health.

- Arterial Burst should beable to be used at Range in addition to it's current effect

- Vampiric Drain should become an execute that deals more damage the less health your opponent has,this would mirror it's current heal effect where it heals you for more the lower your health is, the Drain Vigor morph should restore the same percentage of stamina as it does health.

- Mesmerize and it's morphs should apply a debuff to the enemy when used such as minor vulnerability, in addition it should allow a Vampire to bite an enemy in combat for the less stealth based Vampire, this would not be overpowered as it would only work on NPCs that you can already bite not to mention it would be quicker to kill the enemy by just hitting them a few times over using mesmerize and then performing a cinematic action.

I absolutely love all of these changes. The execute damage on drain though would need to be like, a 300% increase if we're keeping the trashy damage values. It needs to be a viable execute if it'll still be trash most of the time and/or if it'll still be a channel.

Other than that small thought, these changes would more or less fix the vampire ability part of the skill line for a lot of people.

Especially removing blood frenzy and placing it onto perfect scion.
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    As for the gap closer, I am a lot more fond of the idea of Blood Mist being a sort of mist gap closer and attack, since Vampires seem to do that in the game.
    Maybe also some slight health regen too, since the main thing the Vampire skill line is really lacking is ability to heal/regenerate.
    Combine that with speeding up Elusive mist you can morph Mist to be either offensive or evasive, which would be really cool.

Blood mist as it is is unbalanceable. MAke its damage worthwhile and it becomes overpowered, nearly invincible and causing damage? tf
    If the damage isnt worthwhile it becomes nearly useless for most builds.

So best to replace something unbalanceable with a gap closer IMO :)
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for the gap closer, I am a lot more fond of the idea of Blood Mist being a sort of mist gap closer and attack, since Vampires seem to do that in the game.
    Maybe also some slight health regen too, since the main thing the Vampire skill line is really lacking is ability to heal/regenerate.
    Combine that with speeding up Elusive mist you can morph Mist to be either offensive or evasive, which would be really cool.

Blood mist as it is is unbalanceable. MAke its damage worthwhile and it becomes overpowered, nearly invincible and causing damage? tf

To be fair Blood Frenzy is in the same boat. If it's weak, it is utterly useless. If it is strong, it's Overpowered. There is no middle ground with Blood Frenzy.

Same with Blood Mist though, so I agree there. I just think Blood Frenzy is such an uncreative, uninspiring, and hard to balance skill.
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    Thats fair, in that case I would be content with either being scrapped for a magicka gap closer.
    Maybe Frenzy would be a better option, so it would allow stam players to have a vampy gap closer as well, one of the morphs
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭

Turn blood mist into a DoT that reduces the user's movement speed while active. And nerf the damage reduction to 30%. That along with allowing it to restore magicka based on the damage done when toggled off and the skill will be usable, but not overpowered.
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    Nova_J wrote: »

Turn blood mist into a DoT that reduces the user's movement speed while active. And nerf the damage reduction to 30%. That along with allowing it to restore magicka based on the damage done when toggled off and the skill will be usable, but not overpowered.

So you're saying the player should be able to attack like normal while in mist form, which then makes it a toggleable 30% DR that continually saps the enemy's health and restores a portion of magicka sated-fury-esque once toggled off?

Actually, now that I think about it I kinda like the idea, mobs just folding in a chaos of mist.
    Kill your sustain for some AOE damage and durability and health stealing, sounds vampiric.... in a different way than the devs imagined this overhaul, in which vamps are super squishy and can't regenerate their health as well as mortals.
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    Now I wish there was an edit option.

Said idea for blood mist would actually synergize beautifully with Blood for Blood.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now I wish there was an edit option.

Said idea for blood mist would actually synergize beautifully with Blood for Blood.

Huh? For editing your post? (0.0)? There is an edit option, the cog symbol.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A good idea on these forums?!?!? Inconceivable!!!
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only use blood for blood in group
    and occasionally hypnotism when i solo

nothing is attractive,
    didnt find a fun build to play with
    other then trying to roleplay i think that redesign is a total failure
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their unwillingness to even consider feedback or alternatives on this just lost them a paying player.

I am incredibly disappointed. I cured my Main today, and I don’t have the desire to even play him now.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭

So you're saying the player should be able to attack like normal while in mist form, which then makes it a toggleable 30% DR that continually saps the enemy's health and restores a portion of magicka sated-fury-esque once toggled off?

Actually, now that I think about it I kinda like the idea, mobs just folding in a chaos of mist.
    Kill your sustain for some AOE damage and durability and health stealing, sounds vampiric.... in a different way than the devs imagined this overhaul, in which vamps are super squishy and can't regenerate their health as well as mortals.

Yep yep, might have to reduce the healing you get from each tick but it would be alot better than the current blood mist. You could also put a snare/movement speed reduction to enemies that are hit by mesmerize and boom. You now have some synergy between a few skills.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

A good idea on these forums?!?!? Inconceivable!!!

Man you have no idea lol. I have some really good ideas for the skill line but I just dont post them. Not gonna change ZOS mind so what's the point?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man you have no idea lol. I have some really good ideas for the skill line but I just dont post them. Not gonna change ZOS mind so what's the point?

Yeah, I've even come up with a few of my own like using the 2nd magicka bar that is only available to werewolves be used as a blood bar for vampires to fuel their abilities. Neat little stuff like that to make vampires cool but alas our suggestions fall on deaf ears.

Instead of a new resource ZOS decides "blood magic = hurt yourself" like in the Secret World and were so quick in making the skill line they forgot key things. Like the new feed is a reskinned Blade of Woe that behaves exactly the same but with a different animation and range. Can't use it in combat, can't use it on challenging foes and players, and it doesn't heal you.

There is just so much missing and terrible design choices being made that have led to this mess. It really is a shame because I still can't bring myself to cure my vampire even after getting rid of literally all the skills on my bar. Eviscerate changes really did drive the nail in the coffin and I've decided to just eat the sustain debuff and use other things. At least the sneak speed buff is useful at stage 1.... for now.