Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do proc sets affect performance in Cyrodil?

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Pretty much everyone is running these new or buffed OP proc sets in Cyrodil, myself included. But how does this affect server performance, because I definitely huge lag spikes when 15 blight seed procs or 25 unfathomable darkness procs go off........... Try again ZOS everyone and their mother running procs sets in Cyrodil isnt the answer. We had a set that had no affect on server lag called NEW MOON ACOLYTE. Now since you nerfed it, were all running sheer venom, unfathomable or blightseed. gg cyrodil
Ad Victoriam!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, one effect they have is to make me play other games. So there's less calculations on the server since I'm not on my server killing AoE spamming magplar
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    On thing that I think they may not realize with calculating RNG is that rand() is a complex black boxed algorithm. So even though you may only appear to be executing one simple line of code, you may actually be adding more calculations to the server than the input burden of abilities.

Who's to say they cared though. I don't think the proc meta has a performance excuse. If they try and pass it of as one let me know of the official statement @Pinja.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions: