Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Performance fixes we have been waiting for?

Soul_Demon
Soul_Demon
✭✭✭✭✭
"Performance Improvements

Server Optimization & Stability
Through optimizations to database workers, the game’s access to the database has been refined to ensure the system does not become overloaded when part of it generates a large amount of traffic or messages for a particular task. The optimizations ensure that there are enough database workers focused on the highest-priority critical game functions.
Server performance has been improved in one of the least performant cases by distributing Trials more evenly across the system. This should ensure better overall performance in Trials, reducing the likelihood of getting a “bad instance” where enemies behave abnormally and latency is higher than normal.
Client Optimization & Stability
When using many different game assets, memory usage can spike and potentially get high enough to crash the game. We’ve made improvements to how the client handles these critical memory situations, better managing and prioritizing the most important elements in a scene. The chance that your game could crash in these situations has been significantly reduced.
Optimized the initial login flow; the time required to load when logging into character selection has been reduced.
Made some optimizations to reduce hitches when setting different outfits."

The community patiently waited months, tolerating multiple bugs, overuse and function of CC's without immunity, fear bugs, crashes and abysmal performance in prime time or any other time there is 2 players on screen with frequent crashes. And the above is what has been submitted with 5 pages of sets being reworked to help with performance issues? This is a joke, right Gina? Just joking with us- you would never do so little for the community while they waited and try to change 80% of the sets in the game to run a smoke screen would you?
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    "
    The community patiently waited months,

Launch players have been waiting 6 years for this game to fix its crippling lag.

Still waiting.....
    - Mojican
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would wait until prime time to find out but wouldn't hold my breath. I mean; just the fact that they have an AOE cooldown/recourse testing planned tells me even ZOS does not foresee a huge impact by this.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A few things I have learned since playing ESO

- You have to except what they give you ( bugs, fixes, or whatever )
    - Your opinion really doesn't matter
    - Developers would rather spend time planning their next social gathering than fixing bugs

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They have tasked their combat balance team with fixing Cyrodiil lag, that should tell you all you need to know about how seriously they take performance.
    Dont blame the devs though, im pretty sure they are not allowed to allocate too many resources to the task.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    A few things I have learned since playing ESO

- You have to except what they give you ( bugs, fixes, or whatever )
    - Your opinion really doesn't matter
    - Developers would rather spend time planning their next social gathering than fixing bugs

You think if we went to FB and began communicating with them about the lack of communication on the forums that would get any play? You are right, we see they are on that and twitter--stopping by here though seems out of the question.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    "

Launch players have been waiting 6 years for this game to fix its crippling lag.

Still waiting.....

PVP performance was pretty amazing 5-6 years ago.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    "

Still waiting.....

PVP performance was so poor back then that a DC NA player was famous for getting groups together with the explicit purpose of crashing the server. Normally to force a roll back of scrolls or EMP.

That does sound "Amazing," but not in the way you are framing it.
    - Mojican
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, if they FINALLY fixed those micro load screens that I have been /bug'ing for the past two years, at least it's progress.

The real performance torture test will probably only be next Friday night.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    "

Still waiting.....

PVP performance was so poor back then that a DC NA player was famous for getting groups together with the explicit purpose of crashing the server. Normally to force a roll back of scrolls or EMP.

That does sound "Amazing," but not in the way you are framing it.

The amazing performance of everyone spamming Impulse on top of each other to no effect, whilst waiting for the server to finally catch up 15 minutes later.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaaand... Lags in primetime in cyro is by far worse then before update. :smile:
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's fairness to be had on most sides of the discussion. While in the past it didn't appear they were doing much with performance. I can recognize an increase in their formal recognition of the problem in their public statements and actions.

Sadly, most I can do is hope Cyrodiil wasn't abandoned by everyone but the combat team. It's really concerning that they wrote saying they specifically reallocated resources for trials and nothing else. Part of the deal with them addressing performance was that it was worsening throughout the entire game. Cyrodiil has kinda been a big oversight.

Not saying I don't see progress in their hopefully growing dedication to Cyrodiil, but it would appear to be a slow going process.

One question to ask is what would we like to see in a patch note. I thought that was what this thread was about when I glanced at it.
    The small segment of text Gina wrote sounds like progress. Though I'm not entirely sure. I Think I've heard of them spreading server resources out before. I think around Summerset. It seems like familiar phrasing.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, most I can do is hope Cyrodiil wasn't abandoned by everyone but the combat team

Mate they abandoned it years ago.

Be Safe