Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Fight for the Ruby Throne during the Imperial City Celebration"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
cwwwf8q4q37o.png

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Fight for the Ruby Throne during the Imperial City Celebration"

Battle your fellow players and Daedra under the shadow of the White-Gold Tower during the Imperial City Celebration and you’ll earn bonus rewards and collectibles.
Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this event happening during the Cyrodiil AOE tests? Don’t you want the most people possible to participate in those tests to ensure meaningful results?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What happened to the Wrothgar event?
    And when will the "Lost Treasures of Skyrim" event take place?

Also, will the Digital Imperial Edition Upgrade be on sale during the Imperial event?

Edited by Grizzbeorn on August 27, 2020 4:21PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hint for players who dislike questing in Imperial City during the busy events but also hate running the PVE dungeons:

Do the dailies on your characters before the event starts. Then all you have to do is pop into your sewer base to turn them in.

Edit: Updated my Imperial City Event Guide for 2020
      PvPvE During the Imperial CIty Event 2020
      Edited by VaranisArano on August 29, 2020 5:17PM
    • Threemoons
      Threemoons
      ✭✭✭
      Mostly PvEer here. Plan on doing the dungeons for tickets. Also may do the dailies and drop in per above.

Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Again ?!
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Again ?!

Are you thinking of Midyear Mayhem? The last IC event was Sept 2019. This one grants double Tel Var, not double AP.
      Edited by VaranisArano on August 27, 2020 7:23PM
    • colossalvoids
      colossalvoids
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      At least some breath of fresh air
    • Tsar_Gekkou
      Tsar_Gekkou
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Magblade time.
      Xbox NA healer main
      vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
      Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
    • Radiance
      Radiance
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I thought we just did this with Midyear Mayhem?

When is the Vvardenfell Morrowind Chapter Event!?

Bring back Brassy Assassin Personality and give us an Almalexia Statuette, Please!
    • Hotdog_23
      Hotdog_23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Please add a board in the home base of the sewers to pick up all 6 dailies to prevent having to go up and down each latter to pick them all. Much prefer to make a circle and complete all of them rather than run back and forth.

Be safe and have fun :)
    • method__01
      method__01
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      OMG at lasttttt Imperial furnishings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Qbiken
      Qbiken
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      casparian wrote: »
      Why is this event happening during the Cyrodiil AOE tests? Don’t you want the most people possible to participate in those tests to ensure meaningful results?

So that ZOS can confirm their own hypothesis that the AoE tests improves performance. It´s a bulletproof plan /s

• dmvab
      dmvab
      ✭✭✭
      Will be a very "fun" event with no fix for this problem :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6928477
    • Fischblut
      Fischblut
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I was waiting for the Legion Zero Charger since it was datamined <3 Please, release it as soon as IC event starts - not at the end or in the middle of event :'(

Some style pages of new outfit are nice as well :)
    • Armodeniz
      Armodeniz
      what dose "Bonus drops from bosses" mean? We get double loot from bosses? or some additional reward.
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Hotdog_23 wrote: »
      Please add a board in the home base of the sewers to pick up all 6 dailies to prevent having to go up and down each latter to pick them all. Much prefer to make a circle and complete all of them rather than run back and forth.

Be safe and have fun :)

And fix the AD base to show the quest indicators at the base of the ladders instead of gimping only them!
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • geonsocal
      geonsocal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      the very first dlc - will always be my favorite dlc...
      PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    • Banana
      Banana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'll be giving it a miss :*
    • daktary2001
      daktary2001
      ✭✭✭
      You’re not gonna fix the gap closer bug beforehand ??? Ffs ......
    • SLEDGEHAMMER_X
      Magblade time.

time to brush up on my bomber
      Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just a PSA reminding people that they have until 10AM EDT on Sept 15 to spend the 10 event tickets they have saved up from the last event.
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_SarahHecker

In researching for my PvPvE guide for the event, I came across this line in the UESP comments on the Arena District Quest: "You can complete this quest without ever leaving the safety of the district's Pact Rally Point. Four respawning citizens can be found surrounding the rally point, and killing one of their captors with ranged attacks is enough to progress the quest."

Does it work? I wondered.

Yes. I've tried it on an EP and DC character and it was confirmed by another player to work on an AD character. I could kill nearby daedra with ranged attacks from the rally point, which freed the Imperial Citizens they were guarding for the quest. The daedra could also hit me with their attacks. Maybe other players could too, though I didn't test that? However, it was definitely less dangerous than being on the ground with them and other players.

Is this an intended way to complete the daily quest? If it is, that's great! Players who want to avoid PVP can do so as long as they are willing to wait for enough respawns near them.

If its not, the Devs might want to look at adjusting the rally points or the range to citizen spawn points.

Thanks for your consideration.
      Ticket#200903-001851
      Edited by VaranisArano on September 3, 2020 11:23AM
    • Sorries
      Sorries
      ✭✭✭
      The two lamp furniture items were missing at the ticket vendor
      GM Tamriel Homes - PC EU
    • ZOS_SarahHecker
      ZOS_SarahHecker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sorries wrote: »
      The two lamp furniture items were missing at the ticket vendor

Found the missing items. We'll update the article to reflect this.
      Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on September 3, 2020 3:23PM
      Staff Post
    • Erissime
      Erissime
      ✭✭✭
      It would be nice if alliances were respected. To see two opposite alliances not attacking each other so that they may better hoard the third is disappointing. But I suppose there is no button for ethics in any game.
    • marius_buys
      marius_buys
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      all three campaigns on pc eu have queues of 100-200+ for the last 3 hours, all factions locked on every campaign, perhaps time to introduce another two?
    • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
      Pyr0xyrecuprotite
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      all three campaigns on pc eu have queues of 100-200+ for the last 3 hours, all factions locked on every campaign, perhaps time to introduce another two?

don't you mean "all FIVE" campaigns on PC/EU (3 for CP, 2 for non-CP)? They are currently still all pop-locked, minimum queue length of 79.
      I should have started queuing earlier to get my tickets for the day... :(
    • valeriiya
      valeriiya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It would be great if gap closers worked
    • 16BitForestCat
      16BitForestCat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't normally go chasing threads around, but I just want to state that for those of us with physical limitations (like occasional severe hand tremors, in my case), being able to free citizens without leaving the rally points in "The Lifeblood Of An Empire" in the Arena District is a godsend. As I said in the other thread:

Being able to save citizens from the rally points is a lifesaver for me (and presumably other players) when my hand tremors start up, but I still want to partake in the event and get my tickets. Yes, it takes FOREVER because you have to wait for the NPC's to respawn, which is why I'm guessing it's working as intended: you can either run around town and get your citizens quickly if other players aren't being abusive jerks, OR you can sit up in the tower and wait around for a century until you get enough respawns to save all 12 citizens. Both have advantages and drawbacks.

Y'all, don't ruin something that doesn't harm anyone and actively helps some!
      Edited by 16BitForestCat on September 3, 2020 8:53PM
      PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
      If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    • Sirvaleen
      Sirvaleen
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't normally go chasing threads around, but I just want to state that for those of us with physical limitations (like occasional severe hand tremors, in my case), being able to free citizens without leaving the rally points in "The Lifeblood Of An Empire" in the Arena District is a godsend. As I said in the other thread:

Being able to save citizens from the rally points is a lifesaver for me (and presumably other players) when my hand tremors start up, but I still want to partake in the event and get my tickets. Yes, it takes FOREVER because you have to wait for the NPC's to respawn, which is why I'm guessing it's working as intended: you can either run around town and get your citizens quickly if other players aren't being abusive jerks, OR you can sit up in the tower and wait around for a century until you get enough respawns to save all 12 citizens. Both have advantages and drawbacks.

Y'all, don't ruin something that doesn't harm anyone and actively helps some!

Agreed. If it actually has drawbacks and is just an alternative instead of a "cheese", I'm all for letting people have the option.
      Edited by Sirvaleen on September 3, 2020 9:02PM