The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

swap Vigor with Siege Shield instead of Rapid

• Magna_Chronos
    Magna_Chronos
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I think everyone is missing the point here.

It’s becoming quite clear that the goal is not so much about giving stamina characters a heal, but rather (A) slowing players down to increase server performance, and (B) selling AvA skill lines to your alts as well as selling multi player mounts so the now slow characters will still be able to get around the battlefield with their groups.

This is not about QOL improvements. It’s about improving the bottom line.

I fully agree. There is always a greater good for Zenimax behind good deeds.
    Daggerfall Covenant - PC NA
    ID: Magna.Chronos
    GUILD ONE STRONG
    聞くは一時の恥、聞かぬは一生の恥
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    It’s becoming quite clear that the goal is not so much about giving stamina characters a heal, but rather (A) slowing players down to increase server performance, and (B) selling AvA skill lines to your alts as well as selling multi player mounts so the now slow characters will still be able to get around the battlefield with their groups.

This is not about QOL improvements. It’s about improving the bottom line.

BINGO!!!
    Although leaning heavily toward (B) myself. [snip]

[edited for bashing]

Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 12, 2020 1:01PM
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

No one buys skill lines with crowns. Certainly not assault or support. ZOS just thought they were doing people a favor since Vigor is in such high demand and were completely ignorant to the fact that EVERYONE gets Rapid Maneuvers too whereas only Stamina bother with Vigor.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 12, 2020 12:59PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    [snip]

No one buys skill lines with crowns. Certainly not assault or support. ZOS just thought they were doing people a favor since Vigor is in such high demand and were completely ignorant to the fact that EVERYONE gets Rapid Maneuvers too whereas only Stamina bother with Vigor.

This is a multi-billion dollar company you're talking about. Everything is viewed from every angle and calculated to bring the maximum return on the shareholders' investments. There's no maliciousness involved..... it's all business. And perhaps no one currently buys AvA skill lines.... but we don't have access to that data, and can't really say. But I guarantee you that people who went to Cyrodiil for 5 minutes at level 10 and did a couple short quests that never put them in sight of any enemy players just to get Rapids and left and never came back will be kicking and screaming about suddenly losing access to speed they've been enjoying for years in PvE.

Rapids makes a huge difference in gathering mats, getting to quests, travelling to traders, getting through dungeons quickly, and other things in PvE. Imagine you're leveling your alt doing the dolmen grind in whatever zone and you wake up the next day after Update 27 and suddenly you can't keep up with the group and almost everything is dead by the time you get there now because your speed got revoked. You gonna stop leveling and go play in the Cyrodiil lagfest in your PvE gear for hours, days, maybe even weeks until you can be as fast as you already have been for years? Or are you gonna drop some cash on that crown store skill line and get back to the grind.... assuming your main already got to Assault rank 5? And if this is your first time grinding to rank 5, and you spend hours, days, or weeks getting obliterated over and over again by full time PvP veterans.... once you finally make rank 5 and unlock Rapids, are you gonna do the same thing with your other 5, 10, 15, or 17 characters? Not likely.

Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 12, 2020 1:00PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just PvP bro it takes 5 minutes to get vigor as it is on live I don’t see the point here.

Because it doesn't take 5 minutes bro. Even if you go into Cyrodiil, spam zone chat for a zerg group, and find that zerg group and happen to luck out and the zerg group is defending and not assaulting, it still takes 2 or 3 defenses to do this. That's easily an hour if not 2.

But that's best case scenario. In reality, you do the above and 9 times out of 10 you're assaulting things. Now you don't have access to Rapids to keep up with your group. So if you manage to get to the keep before it's already captured, great. But chances are you're so far behind the zerg and you'll be picked off.

The horrors of having to pvp for an hour or two. Oh and btw u don't even need rapids when u are in a group. Anyone else casting it close to you will give the buff to you anw.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Just PvP bro it takes 5 minutes to get vigor as it is on live I don’t see the point here.

Because it doesn't take 5 minutes bro. Even if you go into Cyrodiil, spam zone chat for a zerg group, and find that zerg group and happen to luck out and the zerg group is defending and not assaulting, it still takes 2 or 3 defenses to do this. That's easily an hour if not 2.

But that's best case scenario. In reality, you do the above and 9 times out of 10 you're assaulting things. Now you don't have access to Rapids to keep up with your group. So if you manage to get to the keep before it's already captured, great. But chances are you're so far behind the zerg and you'll be picked off.

The horrors of having to pvp for an hour or two. Oh and btw u don't even need rapids when u are in a group. Anyone else casting it close to you will give the buff to you anw.

And the rest. Multiple hateful hours on multiple characters is an appalling prospect.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I have said many times before vigor should be in the fighter’s guild skill line early on and not the assault skill line. The original 4 class stamina variation did not have good self-healing and needed vigor to heal themselves and new players are at a disadvantage because of it.

The loss of rapids will be felt by many player’s who don’t like PVP but it really is just more of a convenience thing for them compared to healing for others which is essential.

It takes about 2 hours to unlock vigor now in BG’s so 2 hours now to unlock rapids in the next patch.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rank 5 takes around 3 hours if you're doing exclusively Battlegrounds and that's not counting queue times. Cyrodiil is generally not recommended considering you can get clapped at anytime and have no payout...also it's longer. This is also just one character and the other alts people may have that's not rank 5.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭

That is not the point.

The point is ZOS recognized something that may make the leveling process easier for newer players. They didn't put any real thought or effort into making the decision they did and in doing so, made things worse. As said before, the entire support tree could probably be deleted from the game tomorrow without a word and the vast majority of players would never have noticed. It should have been obvious to ZOS that as valuable and important as vigor is to leveling, rapid maneuvers is equally important, if not more so since more than just stamina classes use it.

This is another in a long line of short-sighted mistakes that ZOS has made, asked for feedback on, ignored all feedback, and pushed forward with their short-sighted change regardless.

That's the point. [snip] I have 2 of every class in the game already at level 50, geared out with enough skill points to do anything I want. This change means nothing to me. But I'm not oblivious to what it's like playing this game as a new player and it's obvious how this change does more harm than good.

As it is right now, ZOS changed nothing other than to make everyone PvP for longer than they may want to instead of just the stamina classes.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 12, 2020 2:55PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's rather optimistic thinking to state that someone in mishmashed PvE gear with no impen, no anti player CP bought, no Purge, no experience fighting anything other than scripted AI and so forth is going to get AvA Rank 5 "in an hour or two". We're talking about 60 y/o grandmas who ride around farming materials to build furniture for their houses.

Let's not oversimplify things here. Casual players are more likely to move on to something else than take an unnecessary QOL hit.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may be overestimating the "need" for rapids. Not everyone is in a rush.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »

And yet many people have expressed their view that rapids have a positive impact on their experience of the game... There's really no need for anyone to judge other players' realities. You may be happy going at a leisurely pace... Others sometimes value the time saved by using rapids and a good number of them (myself included) neither relish the prospect of hours of BG matches nor quite frankly the slightly lukewarm welcome that we're going to get from our team mates.

That irony is testament to the fact that this doesn't have to be a conflict between pvp and pve players... I believe that it's in both camps interests to pursue a mutually beneficial solution which has been muted repeatedly since the change to rapids was announced.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I believe that it's in both camps interests to pursue a mutually beneficial solution which has been muted repeatedly since the change to rapids was announced.

Yes, because sure, PvPers aren't worried about it because they already have access to both Rapids and Vigor (myself included), so it's not an issue for them. It is, however, an issue for PvPers because of the population caps and queues.... because now there will be folks who'd rather be doing something else filling those slots.

So basically it's a lose/lose proposition for all.

Edited by Jaraal on August 13, 2020 12:58AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As it is right now, ZOS changed nothing other than to make everyone PvP for longer than they may want to instead of just the stamina classes.

Its a skill locked behind a PVP skill line ffs. You should need to PVP to get it. What the heck does "make people PVP longer than they want to" even means. Is that the argument now? I want this so give it to me? Ok bud i have a very long list of things i want now that i dont have much time to play. Seems like a valid reason for ZOS to give it to me according to you. We can start by free undaunted mettle for every single player who doesnt feel like having to PVE for longer than they want to. Then we will take it from there.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 13, 2020 8:25AM
  • Oryctolagus
    Oryctolagus
    ✭✭✭
    I think they considered all of this, honestly. I don't think they're short-sighted or dumb. They could have done any kind of moving and swapping and this is what they chose. Give the heal to stamina players quickly, because it's necessary and you can't buy it. Move the convenient skill farther away so that people have to choose $ or time. Yes, it's obnoxious. No, it's not an excuse. Yes, it's disrespectful of player experience and time.

This is a good change for a new player, though. I have no max-level characters, no champ points. I like stamina builds. I hate PvP. Because I'm new and I'm experiencing things for the first time, I barely gallop. I cruise to look at the scenery and not miss anything. I do not need to "keep up" with anything, but I do need that heal.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I saw a single post in here asking for anything for free. But ZOS is heavy handed with the censoring so I suppose it could have happened. I think the general sentiment is that things are better off left alone than changed in the way proposed by ZOS. While it's true that this is a 'quality of life' change for Stamina players as clearly leveling as a stamina without a heal is difficult, Rapid Manuevers is no less important to new players and a reasonable argument has been made that it's far more deserving of the first skill slot than the heal. A very reasonable alternative has also been suggested in this thread and many others by the simple fact that the support tree is so lackluster that they could delete it this afternoon and the majority of players likely wouldn't notice or care. And since both are PvP lines and level at the same time, I'm really not sure why people are attempting to play this off as people asking for free handouts.

Both Rapids and Vigor are deserving of the first skill unlock in the PvP tree. There are 2 PvP trees that level up simultaneously. Both Rapids or Vigor would be just as suitable in either tree as both skills blur the line of assault and support. While most of the support skills are harder to shift into the Assault tree, a simple swap could easily be done or an entirely new assault skill could be created while any of the support skills could likely be deleted without anyone noticing or caring.

Too many posters in this thread are spending more time trolling players for suggesting a reasonable alternative than simply debating the proposal to begin with. Again, no one is asking for anything for free. They are simply trying to point out that both Rapids and Vigors are vital skills to new players.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't the same be said about getting Vigor?

And again, my experience helping guildies is that it takes a non-experienced-in-PvP player about 3 hours to get from level 3 to level 5. Longer if they are starting at level 1. Per character.
    The Moot Councillor
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure I saw a single post in here asking for anything for free. But ZOS is heavy handed with the censoring so I suppose it could have happened. I think the general sentiment is that things are better off left alone than changed in the way proposed by ZOS. While it's true that this is a 'quality of life' change for Stamina players as clearly leveling as a stamina without a heal is difficult, Rapid Manuevers is no less important to new players and a reasonable argument has been made that it's far more deserving of the first skill slot than the heal. A very reasonable alternative has also been suggested in this thread and many others by the simple fact that the support tree is so lackluster that they could delete it this afternoon and the majority of players likely wouldn't notice or care. And since both are PvP lines and level at the same time, I'm really not sure why people are attempting to play this off as people asking for free handouts.

Both Rapids and Vigor are deserving of the first skill unlock in the PvP tree. There are 2 PvP trees that level up simultaneously. Both Rapids or Vigor would be just as suitable in either tree as both skills blur the line of assault and support. While most of the support skills are harder to shift into the Assault tree, a simple swap could easily be done or an entirely new assault skill could be created while any of the support skills could likely be deleted without anyone noticing or caring.

Too many posters in this thread are spending more time trolling players for suggesting a reasonable alternative than simply debating the proposal to begin with. Again, no one is asking for anything for free. They are simply trying to point out that both Rapids and Vigors are vital skills to new players.

No they are not asking anything for free. They just don't want to do anything to unlock it because they "hurrr durrr I earned the skill" by spending 10 seconds in their alliance base. Yeah so much difference than not asking anything for free.

And rapids isn't vital. Enough with the hyperboles. It's just quality of life.
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭

No they are not asking anything for free. They just don't want to do anything to unlock it because they "hurrr durrr I earned the skill" by spending 10 seconds in their alliance base. Yeah so much difference than not asking anything for free.

In PVE Rapids is QoL. In cyrodiil you cannot get to castles before they flip. You cannot get to a battle in between castles before they end (unless it is a protracted battle). If you are in a castle as it flips, you cannot get to more than 1 resource flip if they haven't flipped already. Try running from your home base to the nearest home gate castle and time how long it takes with a horse speed less than 10 and no rapids.

If even a small group of 6 to 8 people start sieging a home gate castle, without rapids, you won't be able to get to the castle before it flips unless you leave the second the first siege goes up. If you only learn about the siege when a castle gets flagged,(which is how you learn of a siege in a lot of cases) you are not going to make it.

Being in group is not a solution. Unless everyone is running at the same speed as you, before the first rapid runs out you will be behind the others and outside the range where rapids cast by others will hit you. Someone has to babysit you and make sure they go at your speed so you can benefit from rapids every time they cast it.

This change make no sense. Low level solo players in cyrodiil are affected the most - to them Rapids is vital and not quality of life. Anyone who doesn't get this has never gone solo in cyrodiil on a slow horse.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In PVE Rapids is QoL. In cyrodiil you cannot get to castles before they flip. You cannot get to a battle in between castles before they end (unless it is a protracted battle). If you are in a castle as it flips, you cannot get to more than 1 resource flip if they haven't flipped already. Try running from your home base to the nearest home gate castle and time how long it takes with a horse speed less than 10 and no rapids.

If even a small group of 6 to 8 people start sieging a home gate castle, without rapids, you won't be able to get to the castle before it flips unless you leave the second the first siege goes up. If you only learn about the siege when a castle gets flagged,(which is how you learn of a siege in a lot of cases) you are not going to make it.

Being in group is not a solution. Unless everyone is running at the same speed as you, before the first rapid runs out you will be behind the others and outside the range where rapids cast by others will hit you. Someone has to babysit you and make sure they go at your speed so you can benefit from rapids every time they cast it.

This change make no sense. Low level solo players in cyrodiil are affected the most - to them Rapids is vital and not quality of life. Anyone who doesn't get this has never gone solo in cyrodiil on a slow horse.

You make it sound as if they are deleting it from the game. Let me rephrase, its not vital for the 2-3 hours u will be playing without it. Vital refers to ur ability to perform in an actual combat situation. Being able to run to a keep a few seconds earlier just doesnt cut it as vital and u can still get the buff through other members of ur group.

And no one has to babysit you. You are not going to travel through the entire map and need a million rapid recasts. Jeez with the hyperboles. There are people who dont even bother slotting rapids like ever and they do just fine.

And if u are going to talk about low level then at least be a little more honest. Have u ever seen low level players sieging? If 6 players start sieging a castle i can literally just walk to the keep before they get in. Let alone actually using a mount.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 14, 2020 5:59PM
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭

You make it sound as if they are deleting it from the game. Let me rephrase, its not vital for the 2-3 hours u will be playing without it. Vital refers to ur ability to perform in an actual combat situation. Being able to run to a keep a few seconds earlier just doesnt cut it as vital and u can still get the buff through other members of ur group.

And no one has to babysit you. You are not going to travel through the entire map and need a million rapid recasts. Jeez with the hyperboles. There are people who dont even bother slotting rapids like ever and they do just fine.

And if u are going to talk about low level then at least be a little more honest. Have u ever seen low level players sieging? If 6 players start sieging a castle i can literally just walk to the keep before they get in. Let alone actually using a mount.

How do you get AP in cyrodiil to level up? Killing players, flipping castles, flipping resources. If you can't go the castle in time, the leveling process becomes needlessly painful and long. Getting to a castle a few seconds too late is a big problem if that is the main source of AP.

On a low level you certainly aren't going to be getting most of your AP by killing tons of people. I get my APs mostly from castle and resource flipping. Sure, if you play long enough and try enough times you will eventually get enough AP to unlock Rapids so if that is your reason for saying it is not vital then you can take that view. You can do a simple experiment yourself - go to cyrodiil on a low level horse (less than 15 speed), wait for castle to flag and try and see if you can there from any other castle without using rapids. How many times do you think you will try to get to a castle and miss getting there in time before you get frustrated? I repeat, for solo low level players, this is primary way to get AP in the beginning. Being in a group may make it easier because you may know which castle the group is heading to and also benefit from other people casting rapids. Going from one castle to another takes 3 to 5 recasting of rapids on a max speed horse. When I take care of a friend on a slow horse, I wait for them multiple times to catch up to me before recasting rapids. Even though I am much faster, I am effectively travelling at the same speed as them to make sure they get all my rapids. This is what I meant by babysit.

I don't understand your comment about low level players and sieging. What low lvl players (or high lvl players) do or don't do when sieging is irrelevant to this topic. It takes a certain amount time for castles to flip on average. Of course, well coordinated emp group with the hammer flip it in seconds and a group of players who don't know how to siege can spend 10 mins and fail. A rough average of the time it takes to flip a castle is less than the time it takes for a low speed horse (without rapids) to get there from any other castle - this is the point I was making. This may be right or it may be wrong. It is not hyperbolic.
    Edited by Myrddin1357 on August 14, 2020 6:58PM
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭

Again, wrong.

They aren't asking for anything for free and they aren't asking for this skill to be given for 'hurr durring' in their base.

Every player here acknowledges that in order to unlock these skills one must enter Cyrodiil and contribute to PvP. Unlike some, most recognize that unlocking these skills isn't '10 seconds' but multiple hours of effort, especially should someone attempt to do this the moment they reach level 10.

The complaint is that while stamina players are disadvantaged by having such a vital ability gated behind PvP content (which is a larger question involving poor class design in general and why it's taking so long to overhaul classes), they are making matters worse for a much wider audience by swapping Rapids and Vigor.

People in this thread are proposing, and providing feedback around, the simple fact that both Vigor and Rapids can easily be considered support skills instead of assault, that the entire Support tree is awful, and either one of these skills could be swapped or outright replace any of the Support skills and be placed in the first spot.

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by Psiion on August 14, 2020 7:50PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How do you get AP in cyrodiil to level up? Killing players, flipping castles, flipping resources. If you can't go the castle in time, the leveling process becomes needlessly painful and long. Getting to a castle a few seconds too late is a big problem if that is the main source of AP.

On a low level you certainly aren't going to be getting most of your AP by killing tons of people. I get my APs mostly from castle and resource flipping. Sure, if you play long enough and try enough times you will eventually get enough AP to unlock Rapids so if that is your reason for saying it is not vital then you can take that view. You can do a simple experiment yourself - go to cyrodiil on a low level horse (less than 15 speed), wait for castle to flag and try and see if you can there from any other castle without using rapids. How many times do you think you will try to get to a castle and miss getting there in time before you get frustrated? I repeat, for solo low level players, this is primary way to get AP in the beginning. Being in a group may make it easier because you may know which castle the group is heading to and also benefit from other people casting rapids. Going from one castle to another takes 3 to 5 recasting of rapids on a max speed horse. When I take care of a friend on a slow horse, I wait for them multiple times to catch up to me before recasting rapids. Even though I am much faster, I am effectively travelling at the same speed as them to make sure they get all my rapids. This is what I meant by babysit.

I don't understand your comment about low level players and sieging. What low lvl players (or high lvl players) do or don't do when sieging is irrelevant to this topic. It takes a certain amount time for castles to flip on average. Of course, well coordinated emp group with the hammer flip it in seconds and a group of players who don't know how to siege can spend 10 mins and fail. A rough average of the time it takes to flip a castle is less than the time it takes for a low speed horse (without rapids) to get there from any other castle - this is the point I was making. This may be right or it may be wrong. It is not hyperbolic.

Then make a few BGs and get it?

What do u mean u dont understand the low lvl players comment. You are the one who mentioned low levels and if we are talking about getting rapids then we are prety much talking about low levels. And its most certainly not irrelevant when u are talking about having time to get to a keep. [snip] Best case scenario they will may put 10 siege down at most out of which half of them will be fire ballistas.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 15, 2020 1:09PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Again, wrong.

They aren't asking for anything for free and they aren't asking for this skill to be given for 'hurr durring' in their base.

Every player here acknowledges that in order to unlock these skills one must enter Cyrodiil and contribute to PvP. Unlike some, most recognize that unlocking these skills isn't '10 seconds' but multiple hours of effort, especially should someone attempt to do this the moment they reach level 10.

The complaint is that while stamina players are disadvantaged by having such a vital ability gated behind PvP content (which is a larger question involving poor class design in general and why it's taking so long to overhaul classes), they are making matters worse for a much wider audience by swapping Rapids and Vigor.

People in this thread are proposing, and providing feedback around, the simple fact that both Vigor and Rapids can easily be considered support skills instead of assault, that the entire Support tree is awful, and either one of these skills could be swapped or outright replace any of the Support skills and be placed in the first spot.

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

No, wrong again. Unlocking rapids right now doesnt require u to contribute to PVP at all. You get it by talking to two NPCs in ur alliance base. You dont even get to see an enemy player let alone engage in anything PVP related and people are complaining because they are "forced" to actually engage in PVP even for 2 hours. Well that is prety much the definition of asking it for free.

Look im not arguing that they couldnt make both abilities accessible easier. They could just like they could do a lot of other things. But there isnt really any actual reason to say why this change is bad. The skill doesnt hinder ur performance in combat to say its vital and u cant play without it and it doesnt require that much PVP to get it either. In fact one of the best ways to get it (BGs) doesnt require rapids at all.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 14, 2020 11:50PM
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    Of course, it is better to ask for the additional wayshrines, because someone doesn't keep up to the world event in "too small" location.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Baiting and Non-Constructive Back and Forth. Please ensure when you engage in discussion that you do so in a civil and constructive manner that is within the rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Again, wrong.

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

No, wrong again. Unlocking rapids right now doesnt require u to contribute to PVP at all. You get it by talking to two NPCs in ur alliance base. You dont even get to see an enemy player let alone engage in anything PVP related and people are complaining because they are "forced" to actually engage in PVP even for 2 hours. Well that is prety much the definition of asking it for free.

Look im not arguing that they couldnt make both abilities accessible easier. They could just like they could do a lot of other things. But there isnt really any actual reason to say why this change is bad. The skill doesnt hinder ur performance in combat to say its vital and u cant play without it and it doesnt require that much PVP to get it either. In fact one of the best ways to get it (BGs) doesnt require rapids at all.

Well, apart from lots of people who already have rapids having to do PvP to get back a skill they already earned and have been happily using (for years in some cases).

The answer is simple, put vigor in for Siege Shield. It's a heal, it should be in the Support skill line. Everyone wins, people get back their skill, and BG's and Cyrodiil are not filled with people who don't want to be there.

It screws over everyone who does not need or want a stamina heal.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it takes about 3 hours of bg's to get vigor right now, so everyone's gonna have to spend that much time in a bg so their mount isn't slower than walking.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yet you're all for "spending 10 seconds in your alliance base" to unlock vigor... the irony :joy:

for a skill that only 30% of the player base can even use (either because they're magicka, or they have a stam class heal, like crit surge)... whereas rapids CAN be used by 100% of the playerbase
    Edited by tmbrinks on August 15, 2020 3:40PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »

Again, wrong.

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]

Well, apart from lots of people who already have rapids having to do PvP to get back a skill they already earned and have been happily using (for years in some cases).

The answer is simple, put vigor in for Siege Shield. It's a heal, it should be in the Support skill line. Everyone wins, people get back their skill, and BG's and Cyrodiil are not filled with people who don't want to be there.

It screws over everyone who does not need or want a stamina heal.

Again, barking up the wrong tree.

It's a calculated diversion. They want you looking at "Hey, stamina heal will be easier for you guys!" when it's really not about the stamina heal at all. It's about making Rapids a lot harder to get so people will be encouraged to buy the skill line for their alts and buying the new multi-player mounts to haul their newly slowed down friends around. And it continues to reinforce the trend of slowing players down in general post-Summerset.

Everybody can see the logic of a heal being in the Support line..... including them. But that's not really what this is all about.