The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf justice system bug

• TamrielDrifter
    TamrielDrifter
    Soul Shriven
    Happened to me today, attacked by guard in human form. First time I have played with werewolf skill-line since Greymoor launch. Ticket filled, skill-line dropped.
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, i have that problem as well, reports dates back to when Greymoor was launched. :s
    Glory for the Pact!
  • Camkitty2
    Camkitty2
    ✭✭✭
    I just found out about this bug since I started playing my werewolf again; good to hear its not just something on my end. I really like the idea of werewolf being integrated into the justice system but this bounty bug is very annoying. Hoping this will be fixed soon!
  • caldurham
    caldurham
    yeah this bug sucks. i've been dealing with it since may. now i've just gotten used to changing zones or i go to my xanmeer if i need to go into a city in the zone i used werewolf form.

i hoped such a 'small' bug would have been patched by now.

• mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought they had fixed it? Last time I bit somebody I wasn't stopped by guards afterwards. Will have to test again...
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me a couple weeks ago. Transformed while fighting a world boss in Deshaan, returned to town maybe 10 minutes later (in human form) and got jumped by the guards.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober

Hi, this bug is still persistent -- since May.
  • Shadowdream
    Shadowdream
    ✭✭✭
    It happened to my wife and I tonight in Summerset, and happened to me a couple weeks ago in Western Skyrim. This time it was after a world boss. I think the last time it was just some random questing we were doing.

The first time it was funny. I didn't know what was happening and thought it was a scripted event having to do with the Western Skyrim storyline. The townspeople screamed and went running and I thought they were running AT some bad guy, so I ran after them trying to figure out what was going on, all full hero mode. "I'll help you!" I got to the door of the inn and some other townspeople (thankfully not guards) drew their swords and started attacking me and calling me all sorts of names. That's when it clued me in what was happening. ::sniffs:: Silly people can't tell a cat from a dog.

Any word on a fix? It wasn't so funny tonight. We skipped town with bounties and decided to logout for the night and not turn in our quest.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you got this bug , and I specifically mean the bug where you were NOT SEEN AS A WW ---->>>> Traveling to a different zone fixes this for me.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    If you got this bug , and I specifically mean the bug where you were NOT SEEN AS A WW ---->>>> Traveling to a different zone fixes this for me.

"Fixes"? o.O

That's called a workaround... cuz next time you transform, the bug will be there for you ^.^ (also the guards and all the npcs)

Also, another workaround is, instead of zone change, enter the outlaw's regufee, works as well!
    Edited by Gabrielzavadski on July 24, 2020 11:14PM
    Glory for the Pact!
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    I was testing this bug in Bal Foyen after it first happened to me like in Western Skyrim & Murkmire back in May. I turned into a ww, done my abilities to enemies, turned back to normal, & none of the resident NPCs from Dhalmora & Fort Zeren didn't react to my character also no bounty. After leaving the zone & then came back I did the same thing again still no hostile NPCs. Then I did a third time & the bug happened. It got to be a code within of turning back to normal isn't registering or something that is what causing this random bug.

I already posted this as a reply in general discussions I just post it here as well. Though I should've mentioned this in my June 29th reply to this discussion but didn't, oh well.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on July 25, 2020 2:55AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

"Fixes"? o.O

That's called a workaround... cuz next time you transform, the bug will be there for you ^.^ (also the guards and all the npcs)

Also, another workaround is, instead of zone change, enter the outlaw's regufee, works as well!

Or also porting to a home/house you own and back works the same. You need to "hard" port for the workaround to work. Porting within zone doesn't. Neither does waiting for over an hour in the same zone, still had NPCs freak out when I was an hour plus outta WW form but stayed in the same zone without a "hard" port.
  • Absolutgrndzer0
    Absolutgrndzer0
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, god this is annoying, like turn off the dang "Werewolf criminal" BS until fix it? Something? It's completely annoying that it's still happening.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, god this is annoying, like turn off the dang "Werewolf criminal" BS until fix it? Something? It's completely annoying that it's still happening.

They should've just let us opt-out of the justice system in general. It's honestly just super annoying. I don't mind having the option to have it on but at least let us opt-out for players who don't care about it.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just annoyed that sorcs can still run around town with their pet daedra out, blocking npc's and crafting stations with 0 consequences, while werewolves, necromancers, and vampires are getting run off by the guards. :p
  • Eva13
    Eva13
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/539422/werewolf-transformation-criminal-act-bug#latest So i'm not the only one. Now I'm guessing if they'll have enough time to fix it before they'll add some new bugs to pvp skill lines with proposed changes.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just came out of the wayshrine in Alinor and was immediately attacked for the WW. I was in normal form.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, this bug seems to go away if you zone, e.g. you shouldn't get a bounty if you zone after losing WW form. Which is not at all feasible/useful or proper.

And if I have to listen to another vampire about how they can't talk to merchants at stage 4, I'm going to *snarl*.

And for the devs: Had just come out of a delve in Grahtwood, losing WW form in the doorway. Running along, I see a Bosmer NPC who cheerily responds "Hail Hircine my furry friend!" then gives me a 277 gold bounty. Nice to meet a WW friendly NPC! Not so nice that they still turn me in to the guards.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 29, 2020 5:41AM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ETA on a fix for this? I'm tired of getting bounties when NOT in werewolf form :(
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Got comments/bounties for at least an hour after resuming human form in Summerset yesterday.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    August 1st. Its still happening. Quite a nice little gold sink you slipped us.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • WereElf
    WereElf
    ✭✭✭
    3-rd of August, still no fix :(
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good & bad news...

Good news:
    Werewolf

Fixed an issue where you could still be considered in Werewolf form after leaving it, incurring a bounty for Justice related events.

Bad news:
    It is on PTS right now, so we will have to wait for next major update (Stonethorn DLC)...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540435/pts-patch-notes-v6-1-3#latest
  • caldurham
    caldurham
    that is good news. currently i am rezoning before i go back into town after ww form. will be nice to not have to do that anymore.

so now my watch begins.
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    How about ZOS just remove this BS from the justice system. Seriously who asked for this, you wait 5 years to implement this when it serves no purpose at all except to annoy people.