The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm worried about new proc meta

• Tivnael
    Tivnael
    ✭✭
    ebix_ wrote: »

let me explain you how

Unleashed Terror
    When you deal direct damage with a Charge, Leap, Teleport, or Pull ability, you cut your enemy, causing them to bleed for (10 after new change) seconds, dealing 19728 Physical Damage over the duration. This ability can occur once every 10 seconds per target.

Merciless Charge
    deals an additional 10032 Bleed Damage over 5 seconds.

Stampede
    After reaching your target, deal damage in an area around them over time.

now add malacath and cp to it + axe bleed or if you want a monster set like grothdar

this is one of the most simple ways you can combine proc sets,
    and it looks dumb to me Idk about you .

You show me some stamina sets here that have a strong DoT. But the power of the DoT is pretty much in-line with ZOS damage standard, i can`t see those numbers to be superior above the additional damage that comes from max weapon damage sets - you have to take into account that they will not crit. Also, the fact that they are constant DoTs make them much weaker versus skilled players that you will only defeat by a burst combo. Your ulti stays weak, and your crits stay weak. HoT is very strong, and so your enemy can negate incoming Proc-dot-damage while not taking all his attention or interrupt his own offensive rotation.

I agree, that with Malcath`s BoB this equilibrium tilts over. But this is a balancing issue with 1 item of the game, not of 50 whole sets. So we should not mix cause and effect.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tivnael wrote: »
    since malacath wasn't enough to carry low tier players Zenimax making next patch the most brain dead patch I've ever seen and I'm sincerely sorry to see that .
    they've shown how little they care about solo players and quality of end game pvp over the past year , and when you think it can't be worse they prove you wrong again .

malacath buffs proc sets and they also buffing multiple proc sets by adding more damage or making them easier to proc
    but most people think that if you use proc sets your heals will drop down ,thats not true because of skills that heal based on max health and that adds to the problem
    even right now there are players with +40k health that are basicly trolls ,they might not be able to kill you on a decent setup but you can't kill them either and next patch they have this option to have +40 k health and still do more burst damage than someone with max offensive stats , so you cant kill them but they can kill you ,and what bothers me the most is you don't even need to be good to play on that kind of setup.
    it's disgusting how ZOS making things easy for bad players instead of making them become better .

magicka sets like Draugrkin's Grip are so ridiculously powerful that being used by stamina players and they nerf sets like new moon which are the only alternatives we have for proc sets .
    they say in eso you can be what you want but when you make one thing so powerful how do you expect others play something against it !
    necromancers are the best example of class imbalance and before you even try to fix this problem you are adding more.

here is two simple solutions
    tune down malacath a little and also it should not effect proc sets,
    health should be hard capped in pvp something around 30k is decent and makes health based heals work like other normal heals .

even more experience players already talked about it in forums and given their opinion over this matters and since they don't listen, I'm afraid we gonna have 2 months of madness in pvp and then they nerf it hopefully, like all the rollercoaster changes they do.

Can you please explain why playing with proc-Sets somehow is more "dumb" or needs less skill? Also for proc-sets you have to adapt your playstyle and of course respect general mechanics in pvp like always. Imo, proc sets can be much more difficult to use in a optimised manner compared to raw-stat-sets which dont bring new mechanics to your playstyle.
    Sometimes it feels like forum users just want to use same skills in the same rotation forever, and maybe only prefer raw-stat-sets bcs they dont have to adapt then.
    Just think about all those new moon dizzy spamming one-button-heros. Is that what you wish to be the game like? With proc seets, i can fill up my class-portfolio where skills are missing

let me explain you how

Unleashed Terror
    When you deal direct damage with a Charge, Leap, Teleport, or Pull ability, you cut your enemy, causing them to bleed for (10 after new change) seconds, dealing 19728 Physical Damage over the duration. This ability can occur once every 10 seconds per target.

Merciless Charge

Stampede

now add malacath and cp to it + axe bleed or if you want a monster set like grothdar

This with masters daggers is my build next patch
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    [snip]

It does not matter until we see how ZOS is going to wreck the game with the aoe changes. After that you may need the proc sets. No point in whining for nerfs now, wait til the real changes drop.

The “real” changes never deviate from the final pts notes

They are about to totally re-structure the game. They have been very very clear about it. You are going to be playing this patch with various AOE changes on live. So nothing you think is "meta" based on the final patch notes actually matters, until you play with the AOE changes in place.

Personally I think ZOS has already decided what they are going to do with the AOE changes and put the proc sets in on purpose to compensate.

I think there is too much in flux to even begin calling for nerfs for this or that.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 11, 2020 1:33PM
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    The solution would be not being able to proc a damage procsets within the cooldown of another damage proc set. That way several proc sets cant alone take someone down.

For example: Icy conjuror has a 10 sec cooldown. When icy procs no damage proc set can proc until the cooldown of icy is over
    Edited by oscarovegren on August 10, 2020 12:19PM
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. It's all good and dandy. Try to use polar wind a few time with a health Base build. Good players are not dumb. If u are build to be a God for 15 seconds will destroy u from the 16th onward. Your proc are gone and your magicka pool depleted

I've killed stamcros in duels and have used it in ic fine. I had a 22 kill streak in bgs and often get 15+ kill streaks with it as procs are nuts. This uses the heal yes but it has 3 proc sets + malacath so it can deal plenty of damage and be stupidly tanky.

This is what zos is promoting with their proc changes coming next patch.

but your totally relying on the broken thing with stamden and his health-based skills. Show me your proc-power on a magblade or maybe any magtoon, then we can at least assume its not only stamden-thing

Dk can abuse *use dolymesh + velidreth + unleashed terror and malacath and simply hit them with chain pull, swap bar and heavy attack for dolymesh to proc and if veli procs too then that is like 30k+ effective burst on TTs + malactah + the massive dot. This is without any points in stamina or magicka.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sit here thinking about going and farming the gear and setting up for a procs build out but I don't think I like the idea of how they intend to put cooldowns on AOEs, or just status quo of abilities simply not going off, in favor of standing there and letting proc sets be enough to kill someone.

Think I prefer option B of playing something else where I actually am involved in the combat rather than just equipping gear to see who's loadout works better and who brings more of it. Will see how it actually shapes up.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The solution would be not being able to proc a damage procsets within the cooldown of another damage proc set. That way several proc sets cant alone take someone down.

For example: Icy conjuror has a 10 sec cooldown. When icy procs no damage proc set can proc until the cooldown of icy is over

Can their servers even handle the extra computation required to keep up with that, lol?

Taking the randomness out of proc sets was a very bad move. Off cooldown, they all hit at once. All they need to do is go back to a % or random proc chance and it is fixed. But their servers can't handle that computational load either.

Sheesh, upgrading their server capacity would solve all kinds of problems.

• Tivnael
    Tivnael
    ✭✭
    [snip]

It does not matter until we see how ZOS is going to wreck the game with the aoe changes. After that you may need the proc sets. No point in whining for nerfs now, wait til the real changes drop.

The “real” changes never deviate from the final pts notes

They are about to totally re-structure the game. They have been very very clear about it. You are going to be playing this patch with various AOE changes on live. So nothing you think is "meta" based on the final patch notes actually matters, until you play with the AOE changes in place.

Personally I think ZOS has already decided what they are going to do with the AOE changes and put the proc sets in on purpose to compensate.

I think there is too much in flux to even begin calling for nerfs for this or that.

110% agree
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 11, 2020 1:34PM
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be open up alot of options I feel. Alot of proc sets seem to work depending on what weapons you choose to use.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    since malacath wasn't enough to carry low tier players Zenimax making next patch the most brain dead patch I've ever seen and I'm sincerely sorry to see that .
    they've shown how little they care about solo players and quality of end game pvp over the past year , and when you think it can't be worse they prove you wrong again .

malacath buffs proc sets and they also buffing multiple proc sets by adding more damage or making them easier to proc
    but most people think that if you use proc sets your heals will drop down ,thats not true because of skills that heal based on max health and that adds to the problem
    even right now there are players with +40k health that are basicly trolls ,they might not be able to kill you on a decent setup but you can't kill them either and next patch they have this option to have +40 k health and still do more burst damage than someone with max offensive stats , so you cant kill them but they can kill you ,and what bothers me the most is you don't even need to be good to play on that kind of setup.
    it's disgusting how ZOS making things easy for bad players instead of making them become better .

magicka sets like Draugrkin's Grip are so ridiculously powerful that being used by stamina players and they nerf sets like new moon which are the only alternatives we have for proc sets .
    they say in eso you can be what you want but when you make one thing so powerful how do you expect others play something against it !
    necromancers are the best example of class imbalance and before you even try to fix this problem you are adding more.

here is two simple solutions
    tune down malacath a little and also it should not effect proc sets,
    health should be hard capped in pvp something around 30k is decent and makes health based heals work like other normal heals .

even more experience players already talked about it in forums and given their opinion over this matters and since they don't listen, I'm afraid we gonna have 2 months of madness in pvp and then they nerf it hopefully, like all the rollercoaster changes they do.

Can you please explain why playing with proc-Sets somehow is more "dumb" or needs less skill? Also for proc-sets you have to adapt your playstyle and of course respect general mechanics in pvp like always. Imo, proc sets can be much more difficult to use in a optimised manner compared to raw-stat-sets which dont bring new mechanics to your playstyle.
    Sometimes it feels like forum users just want to use same skills in the same rotation forever, and maybe only prefer raw-stat-sets bcs they dont have to adapt then.
    Just think about all those new moon dizzy spamming one-button-heros. Is that what you wish to be the game like? With proc seets, i can fill up my class-portfolio where skills are missing

let me explain you how

Unleashed Terror

Merciless Charge

Stampede

This with masters daggers is my build next patch

I'm pairing Unleashed Terror and Sheer Venom on my DK. Leap into a group, spin to win. Put 2 massive DOTs onto every enemy I hit. Hit them with claws and noxious breath for added dots.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

let me explain you how

Unleashed Terror

Merciless Charge

Stampede

You show me some stamina sets here that have a strong DoT. But the power of the DoT is pretty much in-line with ZOS damage standard, i can`t see those numbers to be superior above the additional damage that comes from max weapon damage sets - you have to take into account that they will not crit. Also, the fact that they are constant DoTs make them much weaker versus skilled players that you will only defeat by a burst combo. Your ulti stays weak, and your crits stay weak. HoT is very strong, and so your enemy can negate incoming Proc-dot-damage while not taking all his attention or interrupt his own offensive rotation.

I agree, that with Malcath`s BoB this equilibrium tilts over. But this is a balancing issue with 1 item of the game, not of 50 whole sets. So we should not mix cause and effect.

The difference is you can run in a group with everyone rocking 40k+ health whilst still doing obscene damage, you walk around in a group like that this patch and all you are doing is block resource caps, next update you will be able to kill people