The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Game freezes

trueprestige
trueprestige
✭✭
Not sure what's causing this issue but any activity like dungeons or battleground my game feezes freezes in the middle of combat. I cannot complete quests because of this.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @trueprestige Which platform? server? what are your system specs? When did this start? It's pretty much impossible to give help unless you mention useful details like those.

There have been other threads reporting fps loss and stutter (PC) during combat; this sounds like it might be the same issue. ZoS mentioned in this thread that the micro-freezes (stutter) appear to be happening on all platforms, although it is only affecting SOME players. A fix will be implemented in a future patch... (next patch on PC will be June 29).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Is this happening when killing enemies?

As posted here, there is a known issue related to skills that are earning XP, and will be fixed in an incremental patch. Some players have reduced the issue by removing skills from their skill bar that are not maxed out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • trueprestige
    trueprestige
    ✭✭
    Oye I apologize guys for the delay and lack of information. Largely impart it's hard for the user to diagnose on console.

I'm on Xbox one

The occurrences don't seem to be linked to XP but rather the amount of animations being rendered. The game freezes in the middle of animations.

I have freezing occurring in dungeon's that could be xp linked

But I also have freezing during pvp engagements in battlegrounds, this may suggest that it's not XP linked.

If it were XP linked, would I not freeze during my mass crafting writs submissions?

I will create a video of it today via Xbox record and post it.

Thank you for your energy and efforts.
  • trueprestige
    trueprestige
    ✭✭
    Hey Just to give an update it's happening more frequently now on the Xbox. for instance, tonight my game has frozen three times in the Chid-Moska Ruins.
    procedurally

1. aggro from mob,
    2. mob cast spell or effect (some whirling noise)
    3. game freezes

this theme seems to happen in PVP as well I engage in a fight they cast something my client freezes.

It really starting to pull from the game.

to the devs I really don't know how to give more information I've recorded clips, here's one

https://youtu.be/IBAvDFaevC0

may wish to skip to 1.30.

The best,

ESO fan

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @trueprestige, it looks like the "stutter/freeze when gaining XP" issue was fixed (at least on PC) in the v6.0.8 update on June 29. I'm assuming that this fix should have been included in a subsequent console update in mid-July or thereabouts. So the issue you are seeing is probably not the same thing.

This looks instead like previous freeze issues that can/have occurred in graphics-intensive situations, especially in trials and PvP. I have no idea how to troubleshoot that sort of issue, especially on XBox1, but I recommend that you call in to open a ticket with ZoS support to see if they can assist.

One key thing to remember is that this is a very network-intensive game, so you need a really solid internet connection, and might see unexpected issues if anyone else is sharing your internet connection, especially if they do any data uploads.

Note that you do not get any XP when crafting items for writs, only when turning in the writs, so that should not trigger the other issue anyway.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @trueprestige

Have you tried reinstalling or clearing local save data to see if either helps improve the performance in game?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Maeandros
    Maeandros
    A similar thing has been happening to a bunch of other people on another thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/533302/game-completely-freezes-for-me-while-in-dungeons-arenas-trials-but-not-in-overworld#latest

Several of us have had the game seize up and freeze on Maxus the Many in Maelstrom Arena. Same thing every time you try it (and I've tried it over 30 times). Is it happening in MA for anyone here?
  • Necoriban
    Necoriban
    ✭✭
    Switch to 3rd person and it should be fixed. The only workaround for now.
    Edited by Necoriban on September 21, 2020 3:16PM
    Do you know how long i've been looking for you?