The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

the Sky IS NOT FALLING!

• J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love not being able to play my stamplar for 4 to 5 weeks because my armor buff puts my spammable on cooldown
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    Animation cancel removing was a test
    BG solo queue was a test
    CP was a test
    Block Changes were a test
    AOE caps was a test
    Faction Lock was a test

... Need I go on?

The tests are about which scheme works most optimally of the 4 tests described.

It's almost guaranteed that they will be changing how AOE' work to somehow limit AOE spamming. Either by ability auditing AOE's into single target morphs, or cooldown between AOEs, or cost increase of casting AOE's or a combination of the three.
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i swear there are so many people who complain about cyrodil and yet they are trying to fix it and you all complain. give them a break they are atleast trying to fix it. there are other games you can play if cant handle some changes

this 100%.

So many people are saying ESO is about fast paced combat. With the current performance, nope it isn't.
    The only way for cyrodil experience to go is up. Even if they limit AOEs.
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AoE limitation is ZOS "throwing the baby out with the bathwater."

They're sacrificing everything unique (fast-paced combat) about ESO to fix an issue (lag) that is most likely due to the core game's 8-years-old coding (from development starting in 2012 to today), which won't be addressed by arbitrary cool-downs or cost-increases.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    get more players lured in by double AP...get more results. sounds good.

In fact they should triple or quintuple AP imo, since they are messing with one of the strenghts of the game, which is fluid and almost free gameplay

Theoretically if they slow the pace, it is tremendously obvious that performance will get better. So at what price will this testing come out?

One of the community most harsh critique to Devs, in recent years, is questioning if they really play their own game, since some/many decisions are really really questionable.
    So i'm convict that this "testing" firstly will answer that...

Any new update has forum drama and people threatening to leave, but this time i have the feeling that bad decisions from devs have a real exodus potential, because like i said before, it messes with one of the ESO big strenghts
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Then the playerbase who chooses not to test has no reason to complain when stuff doesn't work.

lol-2.gif
    They're sacrificing everything unique (fast-paced combat) about ESO to fix an issue (lag) that is most likely due to the core game's 8-years-old coding (from development starting in 2012 to today), which won't be addressed by arbitrary cool-downs or cost-increases.

Ultimately, we cannot know the state of their "coding", but this is not the first time that ZOS has pointed the finger at AoE skills in Cyrodiil. It is a fair bet that they have spent some of the last few years looking at this in more detail.
    miteba wrote: »
    Any new update has forum drama and people threatening to leave, but this time i have the feeling that bad decisions from devs have a real exodus potential, because like i said before, it messes with one of the ESO big strenghts

It is like a badge of honor around here to announce someone is dropping the subscription. It takes absolutely nothing to provoke that. Threatening to leave is barely a nudge past that, and today we had multiple stressors. All of the doom and gloom cancel-sub and exodus people are out right now.

In the end, ZOS will do their testing, and they will spend time looking at the data that they have. They will talk about it and make a decision, change the game as needed, and then everything just moves on.

ZOS doesn't have to do anything. Cyrodiil could have coasted to end-of-life as it is today, with no further expense. It would never work right, but then it really hasn't worked right for years, so what would be the difference?

Yet, here we are. ZOS is doing something that I honestly never expected that they would be doing this year, and that is taking a serious cold hard look at Cyrodiil and talking about making real changes to improve it. I figured that, at best, they would test some superficial thing, tweak a few things, and really fix nothing substantial.

Edited by Elsonso on July 28, 2020 1:29AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All in all, I understand why ZOS is doing this and what they want: they want me to make an even more broken build than the one I use on live to troll. I get it, and ZOS I have the answer ready for my magplar.

I'm going to use it and still facetank 50+ in light armor, and when the game still lags because I roll and won't die, we'll see how great ZOS testing is and whether ZOS takes my PTS input seriously from here on out. Can't wait. So much free AP is going to be gained, esp. since rolling will move up in power as a defensive mechanic.

Knowing that players will be punished for AoE means that I can predict their bars even easier and predict every single move with even more accuracy. This is a buff unlike any other for AP farmers :D
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the mean time, can we please get the server management to go back to however it was during the Midyear Mayhem event? PLEASE?!

We already know that goes a long way to clearing up a lot of the issues. It's already been tested.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i swear there are so many people who complain about cyrodil and yet they are trying to fix it and you all complain. give them a break they are atleast trying to fix it. there are other games you can play if cant handle some changes

They are trying to bandaid the true issue and we all see it. Cyrodiil use to run fine at 1500 players.

Now it can barely support 300.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

They are trying to bandaid the true issue and we all see it. Cyrodiil use to run fine at 1500 players.

Now it can barely support 300.

That’s fair. I can respect that. But with so many changes since those days, one Tamriel, etc I don’t see how they can go back to that and be viable.

Honestly it seems like PvP players must buy crowns crates and subs bc I honestly don’t know why else zOS would spend time and money on cyrodil unless it was a financial benefit. They didn’t have to do this. We should give them a chance bc there is nowhere to go but up in cyro with current performance issues.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the mean time, can we please get the server management to go back to however it was during the Midyear Mayhem event? PLEASE?!

The answer is obvious no, which you probably already know, profits must always come before performance!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIG guilds who adapt to the changes will be successful and continue to own in cyro.

Small scale who adapt will own in cyro still

solo who adapt will still own in cyro

Just imagine a Cyrodil with no lag and best performance...mmmmm sounds Hawt

Rather have lag than any of the 4 proposed changes ZOS posted yesterday. As a magplar the majority of my skill toolkit is either an AoE (ritual, rune, jabs) or requires an AoE check (breath of life/honour the dead).

I use breath of life to heal, wait 3 seconds to use ritual to cleanse whatever negative effect someone put on me. Ohh, my armor buff ran out, but I need to wait 3 seconds to re apply it because it's on a cooldown due to me using ritual.

And you can find similar examples on every single class. If I wanted to play a turned based game with long cooldowns I'd play WoW or anything else that isn't ESO. ESO is successful because of its current combat system, moving away from that is a huge mistake. If the game was still in beta stage having such tests would be understandable, but not 6 years later.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Will you be as happy when those changes make it into PvE? Because if the changes go ahead, they will need to rework nearly all of the skills and we all know that ZOS doesn't balance skills for PvP and PvE separately.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

Will you be as happy when those changes make it into PvE? Because if the changes go ahead, they will need to rework nearly all of the skills and we all know that ZOS doesn't balance skills for PvP and PvE separately.

I will be happy when I can play and die bc I was outskilled not because I lagged or desynced.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    relax. We have complained complained complained on these forums for YEARS! Everyday in cyrodil is a complaint in zone about cruddy servers and pos game. WELL...now they are testing possible fixes. LET THEM TEST. it wont hurt us if we are lagging anyways right? i mean current state of pvp is bad. so why come here and cry about it. Lets enjoy our double AP they are giving us. Lets try out their changes and provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.. not whine whine whine. Until this morning i honestly thought ZOS could care less about pvp...but now they have given me hope on a game i really enjoy to play. Let us just be patient and give them a chance.

This is the way

Ye ok, but why is the letter "t" of "the" not written with capital letter and the "S" of "Sky" written with capital letter?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »
    relax. We have complained complained complained on these forums for YEARS! Everyday in cyrodil is a complaint in zone about cruddy servers and pos game. WELL...now they are testing possible fixes. LET THEM TEST. it wont hurt us if we are lagging anyways right? i mean current state of pvp is bad. so why come here and cry about it. Lets enjoy our double AP they are giving us. Lets try out their changes and provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.. not whine whine whine. Until this morning i honestly thought ZOS could care less about pvp...but now they have given me hope on a game i really enjoy to play. Let us just be patient and give them a chance.

This is the way

Ye ok, but why is the letter "t" of "the" not written with capital letter and the "S" of "Sky" written with capital letter?

bC i wAs hIgH wHeN I wRoTe iT?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something just hit me on the head. Are you certain the sky is not falling?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

idk
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a difference between "fix" and "completely redesign the game." Lambert has said if these tests confirm their suspicions, they are - not might - going to remove what has been a core part of the PvP experience and anyone who cares about their Templar can kiss that class goodbye as most of their skills are AoE. Not looking forward to them getting replaced by copy and paste versions of generic single target skills with yellow animations.

I also don;t feel that post of Lambert's was completely honest: lots of talk about the progress they made: zero tangible examples. He just is blaming AoE and using the oft-repeated excuse of "players got more powerful and now are just spamming AoE" which to me means ZoS does not know how cyrodiil has been played since 2014. The very first guilds I was in for PvP (Tsym) and Pve (We kill bosses) spammed AoE like it was going out of style. So it took them 6 years to finally figure that out? Also where's this progress? Granted the lag was always **** but that update (I think back in February? They all blend together as they're all "we nerfed this class, here's an OP proc set to farm, we promise better performance in an upcoming patch") where they hyped up their changes and everyone kept crashing every 10 minutes. When they "fixed" that problem, performance was the worst it's been since the lighting patch. What they did there strikes me as much more significant than how many players are spamming AoEs.

I'm not a computer programmer and I hear contradictory information from people regarding the feasibility of "upgrading servers" and "anti-bot/cheat checks" the importance of coding, etc. - most likely because people who are uniformed as me insist on inserting their $0.02 - but what I would prefer to hear from ZOS is what exactly is going on server end and why they think redesigning redesigning the game is a more attractive solution.
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 29, 2020 12:19AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer to hear from ZOS is what exactly is going on server end and why they think redesigning redesigning the game is a more attractive solution.

I think we all would.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I also don;t feel that post of Lambert's was completely honest: lots of talk about the progress they made: zero tangible examples. He just is blaming AoE and using the oft-repeated excuse of "players got more powerful and now are just spamming AoE" which to me means ZoS does not know how cyrodiil has been played since 2014. The very first guilds I was in for PvP (Tsym) and Pve (We kill bosses) spammed AoE like it was going out of style. So it took them 6 years to finally figure that out?

It's like people have forgotten AoE caps were a thing for a long while. Since before PTS was publicly open.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

I also don;t feel that post of Lambert's was completely honest: lots of talk about the progress they made: zero tangible examples. He just is blaming AoE and using the oft-repeated excuse of "players got more powerful and now are just spamming AoE" which to me means ZoS does not know how cyrodiil has been played since 2014. The very first guilds I was in for PvP (Tsym) and Pve (We kill bosses) spammed AoE like it was going out of style. So it took them 6 years to finally figure that out?

It's like people have forgotten AoE caps were a thing for a long while. Since before PTS was publicly open.

They have been making comments about AoE abilities in the game being a problem for years. I don't think they are finally figuring it out, I think they are just deciding to do something about it, again.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I bought eso I didnt know how combat was going to be finalized after the beta tests. During the life of the game therr have been many changes. Some good and some bad. I thinkbwe can all agree that cyrodil is not performing well during prime time or most of the time. With that being said when they roll out the tests in sure we as a community will do our part and give feedback. If combat as a whole has to change to provide better performance then that falls into the adapt and overcome category. Do I think some skills should be changed in some way like a temats jabs? Yes if these changes go thru but i havent even hopped onto test them myself yet. So i cant provide true feedback only speculation for the time being as most everyone else here. No where does it say when we purchased the game that we tell them how to fix it we can only give reccomemdations. So let us all participate in the testing amd lrovide honest feedback.

Edited bc this phone sucks
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on July 29, 2020 3:50AM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I bought eso I didnt know how combat was going to be finalized after the beta tests. During the life of the game therr have been many changes. Some good and some bad. I thinkbwe can all agree that cyrodil is not performing well during prime time or most of the time. With that being said when they roll out the tests in sure we as a community will do our part and give feedback. If combat as a whole has to change to provide better performance then that falls into the adapt and overcome category. Do I think some skills should be changed in some way like a temats jabs? Yes if these changes go thru but i havent even hopped onto test them myself yet. So i cant provide true feedback only speculation for the time being as most everyone else here. No where does it say when we purchased the game that we tell them how to fix it we can only give reccomemdations. So let us all participate in the testing amd lrovide honest feedback.

Edited bc this phone sucks

You still missing whole thing: all of those tests are not representative, why? Because they turn most of magicka classes into useless wet noodle, that's it, huge portion of players will eighter switch to stamina or will look for pvp in bg and ic, as a result whole those "data" can be trashed at collection moment

This means that lags most definitely will be reduced just because of lack of player interest(e.g. Cyrodiil dies).

[snip]

[Edited for Rude Comments]
    Edited by Psiion on July 30, 2020 7:16PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The sky fell months ago, only thing left is *zombies.

*zombie - any person who is still playing the game no matter what performance is like.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    If i have to learn a different playstyle to play in lag free high performance cyrodil...im game

The funny thing is that people think this will actually Fix the problem... There will always inevitably be another problem that needs fixed, it's a never ending cycle...

The Cyro servers used to be able to handle way more players without lag so they obviously have been reducing server capacity over time. Even if it DOES fix the problem, they'll probably just reduce capacity again to save money and then we'll have lag again but no good AOE
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

idk

It actually rises and falls thanks to convection. The question is... Is this a rise, or a fall?
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions: