The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Survey Assistant PLEASE!

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    Kosef wrote: »
    hell we even have a stolen good merchant.

Wait, what?

If you complete the TG questline IIRC, you get Pirharri the Fence assistant.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like some players are stuck in a viscous circle of their own making. You do writs that take materials. You need to do the surveys to replace the materials so you can do more writs taking away more material. If you quit doing the writs you wouldn't need materials and surveys wouldn't be cluttering your inventory.
    I know writs help with XP and some gold but there are other ways in the game to get both just as fast.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • BlackTearsOfHope
    BlackTearsOfHope
    ✭✭✭
    I just want the merchant assistant to repair gear.
    Can we get that first before a survey assistant?
    Make it even charge 30-50% more to repair than normal merchant, just like the fence.
    It'll probably never happen though, sigh. :(
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still playing the game. I play the game everyday. I however don't do surveys every day because it's a bore and takes a way from the time that could be best utilized doing something else..IMO.

I play the game almost every day, too.

But I don't have a problem collecting my surveys because the mats are a priority for me.

Don't want to do surveys?

Totally fine.

However, don't ask for the game to be changed to suit your playstyle ... when other players are rewarded for their time when they prioritize getting surveys.

Mik195 wrote: »
    I'd like to see ZOS ban map pins for surveys and watch the PC people lose their minds. Surveys can take a significant amount of time when you have to either have everything memorized or use the maps.

This is your comment, @Mik195, not mine. ;)
    Yes, sorry. I always have trouble getting quotes to work on my phone. It either times out or I delete the wrong thing.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Sounds like some players are stuck in a viscous circle of their own making.
    😬 I don’t even want to know...
    Sorry, but that typo cracked me up.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It usually takes me 90 minutes to do writs on all my characters, which gives me enough surveys that it would take me 1-2hours to travel and do them.

And I'm on console so you can shove that lazy writ addon right where the sun doesn't shine.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    It usually takes me 90 minutes to do writs on all my characters, which gives me enough surveys that it would take me 1-2hours to travel and do them.

And I'm on console so you can shove that lazy writ addon right where the sun doesn't shine.

Why should I? I use the options available to me on my platform of choice. It's certainly not the fault of those who use PCs that the console overlord companies choose to make second class citizens of those of you who opt for those console platforms.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And someone who levels your toons for ya
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really required, what they need to do is QOL the fact you have to run away and back again to reharvest a region.

Instead of having 6 logs in a field. Have 1 node that you harvest until all your surveys are gone.

Assuming you have the double harvest rate perk, 6 strikes of that node = 1 survey. If you have 2 surveys the character will strike it 12 times. 3 = 18. etc etc.

That would make survey collection less of a chore. Right now, I'd consider the fact you have to run away for 10 seconds for it to magically respawn a bug. For a franchise that prides itself on immersion to have a tree fairy replacing nodes in seconds of having your back turned seems lil out of place.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Sounds like some players are stuck in a viscous circle of their own making.
    😬 I don’t even want to know...
    Sorry, but that typo cracked me up.

The sad part is I changed it because the first way I typed it didn't look right.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're basically telling people not to play a game because they don't have all that time to play it every single day.

Nope.

Being on limited time means prioritizing your daily in-game activities.

If that means doing surveys instead of writs, that is certainly the player's decision.

"Surveys are not fun for me" is not a good enough reason for ZOS to spend developer time on a Survey Assistant.

Odd response. The reason to develop it would be to sell it. If they thought the market was there.

I too would buy it in a second, but that would just be me spending down the 47k crowns I have from subbing. In other words, they wouldn't make any money off of me buying that assistant.

Writs are already a grind. No need to add the survey grind if a survey assistant can be profitable. If it isn't profitable, don't bother.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am reading a lot of "if you don't like collecting surveys, don't."

I mean, sure. That is exactly what I do. I don't do crafting writs because I don't want my bank filling with surveys. If it is the jubilee, I'll do crafting writs on all 18 characters.

But if the survey assistant was added, I would buy it in a second and do writs now and then--at least to help leveling crafting skill lines.

The way I see it working is that you give it a survey to collect and it spends 2 hours doing it. When it is done, you can give another survey.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    Being able to sell the Surveys to other players is the best idea in this thread.
    Not really. This would only allow the rich players to no longer have to farm for resources, they would simply buy a few surveys and be done with it. In other words, it would make rich players no longer have to play the game to be able to craft. Surveys should remain accountbound.

The only good solution I can see is to have a merchant(or bought assistant) which lets you exchange your surveys for 2/3rd their supplies of doing them yourself.

they can already buy materials, both raw and refined.
    They can already buy the materials. So why would making surveys sellable be of any use to anyone? ... it's not.
    Those that do not want to do surveys because of time or other reasons, have absolutely no use to waste time to check prices and put them up for sale. And like you said, those would be buyers would buy the specific resource instead.

The only good idea remains a 2/3rd resource merchant/assistant, like the thief assistant/merchant. I'd buy it instantly.

There are already so many daily things to do in this game, which take away from actually doing what I like.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the merchant assistant to repair gear.
    Can we get that first before a survey assistant?
    Make it even charge 30-50% more to repair than normal merchant, just like the fence.
    It'll probably never happen though, sigh. :(

Use Repair Kits so you do not have to pay for repairs. There easy to get. If you are on PC NA I can send you some.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You did the quest, now instead of a reward you get a time waster to fetch your reward yourself." This is how surveys feel to me, a chore. I have all of them stored in my bank, because they are too much of a hassle to do. And only do them when I am out of resources, which so far has only happened with jewelery crafting.

This is why I would love a merchant we could sell them to for 2/3rd of the resources the survey would give.

Also, "the game is meant to be played"??... I don't consider forcing players to do tasks after already doing dailies playing. I like to do the content I enjoy. Leveling alts, doing zones, dungeons, gearing up, etc. Doing the daily crafting quests already takes alot of time away each day, adding survey time wasters on top of that is stupid.

I want to actually play the game. I'm used to a certain level of grinding, but surveys aren't grinding. It is stacking a time waste upon an already daily time-waste. Reducing play time.

PS: If ZOS does come up with a survey bag or something like that, allow us to disable popping the surveys. As It would be a huge waste to pop them on non-main characters.

No one is forcing you to do surveys. You can actually delete them, and not even store them in your bank. Frankly, you can avoid never running our of materials either, by not simply going through the hassle of doing crafting writs in the first place. If you need anything, just buy it - or ask for freebies. I recon people who reason like this, are pretty used to having things for free.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's just skip the BS here. What people really want is a "wealthy benefactor" npc who drops 100k into your bank every time you log into a character. No daily limits. Need more gold? Just log out and log back in, no muss no fuss. I bet that would get those crowns moving.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    "You did the quest, now instead of a reward you get a time waster to fetch your reward yourself." This is how surveys feel to me, a chore. I have all of them stored in my bank, because they are too much of a hassle to do. And only do them when I am out of resources, which so far has only happened with jewelery crafting.

This is why I would love a merchant we could sell them to for 2/3rd of the resources the survey would give.

Also, "the game is meant to be played"??... I don't consider forcing players to do tasks after already doing dailies playing. I like to do the content I enjoy. Leveling alts, doing zones, dungeons, gearing up, etc. Doing the daily crafting quests already takes alot of time away each day, adding survey time wasters on top of that is stupid.

I want to actually play the game. I'm used to a certain level of grinding, but surveys aren't grinding. It is stacking a time waste upon an already daily time-waste. Reducing play time.

PS: If ZOS does come up with a survey bag or something like that, allow us to disable popping the surveys. As It would be a huge waste to pop them on non-main characters.

No one is forcing you to do surveys. You can actually delete them, and not even store them in your bank. Frankly, you can avoid never running our of materials either, by not simply going through the hassle of doing crafting writs in the first place. If you need anything, just buy it - or ask for freebies. I recon people who reason like this, are pretty used to having things for free.
    Uhhm, you do realize we get surveys INSTEAD of the crafting daily reward. Not on top of that daily quest reward(the box). Which means we already did the 'work', yet the game tells us if we want the rewards we have to waste another 5-10 minutes for a somewhat bigger reward. Deleting surveys just means you did not get the quest reward, for which you already finished the quest.

So noone is asking for freebies. It would be asking for freebies if we got the surveys on top of the normal crafting daily rewards. But we get them instead of. We have the game basically dictating us to waste more time, whenever the game feels like randomly giving a survey.

This means asking for a merchant/assistant to get 2/3rd of the actual survey reward through that merchant/assistant, is not too much to ask for. Personally I wouldn't mind if instead of surveys the game would give us a random slight bonus reward, for doing the daily which would have rewarded a survey. But that would atleast give us the reward instead of making us jump through hoops to get the reward. Without making me waste extra time or sacrifice my inventory space.
    Edited by Sarannah on August 8, 2020 3:23PM
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's just skip the BS here. What people really want is a "wealthy benefactor" npc who drops 100k into your bank every time you log into a character. No daily limits. Need more gold? Just log out and log back in, no muss no fuss. I bet that would get those crowns moving.

This line of thinking doesn't even make sense.

The argument that this some how makes people auto rich is absurd.

I'd also be OK with the idea of the survey assistant doing one survey of each kind per week. So you can't send him/her out to do all 200 of your surveys at once.
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
    Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
    Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
    Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
    Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also be OK with the idea of the survey assistant doing one survey of each kind per week. So you can't send him/her out to do all 200 of your surveys at once.
    We are capable of getting multiple surveys per day/week per character. So a limit like this wouldn't help much at all. Maybe for every full complement of crafting dailies you did(7) on your account, you can exchange one survey(at 2/3rd rate). Perhaps through an accountbound survey exchange token or something like that, so we can exchange the surveys on our main crafter. This way exchanging surveys would just be locked behind doing all the crafting dailies, so there would be some work involved to get to exchange multiple surveys.

Edit: This would top out to 18 surveys maximum exchanged per day, if someone does all crafting dailies on 18 characters.
    Edited by Sarannah on August 8, 2020 6:12PM
  • RubyKnight
    RubyKnight
    ✭✭
    This is the most dull part of this game. I would actually spend more time adventuring around places I havent yet explored if I didnt feel the need to collect surverys in 'exploration' time.

Either a skill replacing the current hireling one, that is pretty useless I think, or a CR purchase/ questline.

• TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would pay 5000 crowns for such assistant
    Awake, but at what cost
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't spend much on crown store items, but I would MOST DEFINITELY pay for an assistant that brings me back my surveying items once per day, hell once per week...I don't care as long as I don't have to go farm it myself. We have a banker, merchant..hell we even have a stolen good merchant. PLEASE for the sake of keeping my sanity...let us get an assistant that gathers all of our survey mats.

Don't even need an assistant, just a feature to send off one of your alts to do it. One you don't see yourself playing for 20 hours. If you have characters that are just writ jockey, do their writs, then send them off to do a survey, it logs you out, can't log back in for 20 hours on that character, move onto the next writ jockey, if a survey drops, do the same. Don't do it if you intend to use that character for actual game play.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the right way to do this is to sell a series of crafting homes each with a unique focus. A mine, a forest and a meadow. If youve a certain achievement regarding surveys ( i.e x completed) when you get your "only you" survey there is a chance it will be located in one of the specific properties you own instead of out in the world.

jewelry and ore in the mine
    wood and hide traps in the woodlot
    alchemy ingredients and light clothing ingredients in the meadow.

some houses could have one or two of these attached that you could buy for gold and some of the crown store exclusives could have all three at the same time.

zos gets to monetize the homes and its still fair because its chance based and requires a large number of completed surveys to get that chance. All the surveys are spitting distance from a teleporter so i don't see the big deal if youve done 1000's of surveys.
    Edited by Rungar on September 5, 2020 11:01AM
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMCO, I don’t think a survey assistant is comparable to banking and merchant assistants. The existing assistants don’t play the game for you. You still have to interact and do inventory management. A survey assistant would be playing the game for you.

You could argue that buying Skyshards and skill lines is also playing the game for you (or, more accurately, saving you from having to play the game) and I wouldn’t disagree. I think the equivalent, however, would be to buy packs of mats in the Crown Store.
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    A survey assistant is a feature that would not harm the game. It frees up time to do other things that the game offers. L
    As I've said, you could simply limit the amount of surveys that the assistant can do daily to 7, or make it to where the assistant takes 20-30% of the haul. This would have some people OK with using it and others would avoid it. Much like the fence assistant.
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
    Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
    Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
    Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
    Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    Not really required, what they need to do is QOL the fact you have to run away and back again to reharvest a region.

Instead of having 6 logs in a field. Have 1 node that you harvest until all your surveys are gone.

Assuming you have the double harvest rate perk, 6 strikes of that node = 1 survey. If you have 2 surveys the character will strike it 12 times. 3 = 18. etc etc.

That would make survey collection less of a chore. Right now, I'd consider the fact you have to run away for 10 seconds for it to magically respawn a bug. For a franchise that prides itself on immersion to have a tree fairy replacing nodes in seconds of having your back turned seems lil out of place.

This. This is the QoL implementation we need, not an assistant.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Survey assistant that does your surveys for you sounds awesome! I second this idea and await with my wallet to pay for this NPC.

Can we also get one that does your master writs if you have the materials and knowledge of the style..

Both these things are extremely repettitive and not enjoyable.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    Survey assistant that does your surveys for you sounds awesome! I second this idea and await with my wallet to pay for this NPC.

Can we also get one that does your master writs if you have the materials and knowledge of the style..

Both these things are extremely repettitive and not enjoyable.

You arent thinking big enough, need a NPC that does the regular writs too. Automate the entire process. All the rewards for none of the effort. Next we can plan out pledge NPC. /s

I'm in the "no thanks" camp. Usually just piled all the surveys onto one character when they started stacking too high and knocked them out one zone at a time.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't spend much on crown store items, but I would MOST DEFINITELY pay for an assistant that brings me back my surveying items once per day, hell once per week...I don't care as long as I don't have to go farm it myself. We have a banker, merchant..hell we even have a stolen good merchant. PLEASE for the sake of keeping my sanity...let us get an assistant that gathers all of our survey mats.

Happily.
    One Tamriel broke survey collection, I have 100s in sat on purely as don't have the time to waste collecting them.

Put it back to drop off point = zone at least zos
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never understand how people "don't have time" to do certain things in game. You do have time. You just don't want to do them.

PCNA