The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I want to be AND play like a DPS !!!

Khatou
Khatou
✭✭✭✭
@Zenimax is sick of it!

When I want to play full set DPS on a NB Stam I only have 11 k of resistance, I don't appreciate this principle or the DPS must look like a tank, what's the point of adding a multitude of sets if in the end we have to equip ourselves like a tank ?

What do you want to do with 11k of resistance when the player's life melts like ice?

Please let the roles play with dignity !!!

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey alright..
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A DPS in PVP?
    A dead Damage Dealer deals no damage.
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    A DPS in PVP?

Precisely let the dps what is at the DPS, the tank what is at the tanking and the heal what is at the Healer, if I understand correctly, even the heals are not happy with what has been done there since Greymoor.

If it's a set problem, maybe it's time to think about sets only playable in PVP and others only for PVE !
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be more flexible with your builds in PvP. The engagements are more dynamic and less predictable than PvE. That's what makes it fun.

You can build primarily for damage, but you need to be able to survive.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on August 5, 2020 4:59PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »
    A DPS in PVP?

Precisely let the dps what is at the DPS, the tank what is at the tanking and the heal what is at the Healer, if I understand correctly, even the heals are not happy with what has been done there since Greymoor.

If it's a set problem, maybe it's time to think about sets only playable in PVP and others only for PVE !

Those roles are primarily for PVE group content.

Those "roles" have really only worked like that in PVP in organized/premade groups where you get support from your teammates (and you'll note that BGs doesn't have premade anymore). Within a group, dedicated minmaxed DDs are nasty! Otherwise your only other options for an effective min-maxed DPS setup are ganker and bomber.

Of course, if you want to play a glass cannon DD jumping into the thick of a PVP fight without a dedicated healer support and tankier teammates to take your aggro, you do you! Just don't be surprised when you die.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I like the idea that you have to mix things up a bit, but, I have a problem with the implementation of their "play how you want" it sounds good on the paper, but how they've done it, is exact opposite, I don't know about PvE, but in PvP, you just have to equip that and that, or you will be useless and die. There are so many sets in the game, it's a shame you can't use most of them, it's like they were added just for you to figure out the puzzle. Like, there are many sets that in theory should be good, but in practice, they completely suck. I understand what you mean.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP ≠ PvE
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    Honestly I like the idea that you have to mix things up a bit, but, I have a problem with the implementation of their "play how you want" it sounds good on the paper, but how they've done it, is exact opposite, I don't know about PvE, but in PvP, you just have to equip that and that, or you will be useless and die. There are so many sets in the game, it's a shame you can't use most of them, it's like they were added just for you to figure out the puzzle. Like, there are many sets that in theory should be good, but in practice, they completely suck. I understand what you mean.

Of course there is a meta. But there is still huge build variety in PvP between all the set and skill combinations you can succeed with. There is much more variety in high end pvp then in pve.

But you can't expect to slap on anything and do well in PvP. That is not what it's meant by "play how you want." There is a viability threshold, but there are a lot of ways to cross it.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭

Of course there is a meta. But there is still huge build variety in PvP between all the set and skill combinations you can succeed with. There is much more variety in high end pvp then in pve.

But you can't expect to slap on anything and do well in PvP. That is not what it's meant by "play how you want." There is a viability threshold, but there are a lot of ways to cross it.

Variety? when people use the cheatiest stuff possible, because youtube told them to use that to be ultra cheaty? we don't really have the same notion of variety, and even less when devs force players to go wherever they want!

If only the devs could stop regularly changing the way of playing, such a meta one day or such a meta another day, the game would have the opportunity to progress better!
    Here, the devs only go backwards each time to win even more problems...

A problem that greatly irritates the community !
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »

Variety? when people use the cheatiest stuff possible, because youtube told them to use that to be ultra cheaty? we don't really have the same notion of variety, and even less when devs force players to go wherever they want!

If only the devs could stop regularly changing the way of playing, such a meta one day or such a meta another day, the game would have the opportunity to progress better!
    Here, the devs only go backwards each time to win even more problems...

A problem that greatly irritates the community !

The meta is usually just stat based builds so they require the user to know game mechanics and defensive/offensive rotations, there is nothing cheating about that. Bad players that use meta gear are still bad players
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4v4v4 will never allow this. Team sizes are not large enough to encourage people to queue as main heals. 8v8 would give people more freedom with build diversity but ZOS gave us 4v4v4 so yeah.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thing is I'm ok with being a glass cannon but don't nerf me when I start wrecking stuff. Like what happened to my wreaking blow with it's 20% empower that actually boosted my abilities by 20% and laid people out with a stun. Like do you know how vin diesel abilities used to be?
    Now they complain about ball groups, back then you'd complain about the GOATs.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only play pve but in terms of builds pvp is vastly more imaginative. End game pve is pretty much just a narrow build bottle neck full of angry people
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is confusing in this game is that everything is based on maximum damage, we are encouraged to a maximum of glyph, damage oriented, to the detriment of the resource especially for the stams or the management of it has a real plague in elder scroll, but the most confusing, again, on the stams, I find that the attacks are twice as dodged as those of magic!
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Translation, I want to wear all dps gear with no stats and be just as tanky as all the people who do wear sets with resistance and learn how to block because I'm a nightblade & dying ruins my RPing as a elite PvPer assassin experience