The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bleakrock Isle has been under siege for far too long!

Nomadic_Atmoran
Nomadic_Atmoran
✭✭✭✭✭
For 6 years the small island of Bleakrock Isle has been subject to violence and unrest while the rest of the Ebonheart Pact has been allowed to heal following the local events of 2E 582. ZOS, I implore you. It is time for Jorunn to dispatch Pact soldiers to the island to beat back the Daggerfall Covenant troops that have made the island their play thing. Return the island to the good Nordic families that were once chased off by the invading cutthroats. It is shameful that true and loyal subjects of the Ebonheart Pact are not made whole before investing so much time and effort in helping the reclusive deniers of the west. It is time to make things right for those that have suffered so much and so long for a more unified and peaceful Ebonheart Pact.

Seriously though. Could we please have a return to normalcy for that island. Add a home and make it a bustling little fishing village. No other starting zone of the original three factions remains in such turmoil.
Penniless Sellsword Company
Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • VoxAdActa
    VoxAdActa
    ✭✭✭✭
    For 6 years the small island of Bleakrock Isle has been subject to violence and unrest while the rest of the Ebonheart Pact has been allowed to heal following the local events of 2E 582. ZOS, I implore you. It is time for Jorunn to dispatch Pact soldiers to the island to beat back the Daggerfall Covenant troops that have made the island their play thing. Return the island to the good Nordic families that were once chased off by the invading cutthroats. It is shameful that true and loyal subjects of the Ebonheart Pact are not made whole before investing so much time and effort in helping the reclusive deniers of the west. It is time to make things right for those that have suffered so much and so long for a more unified and peaceful Ebonheart Pact.

Seriously though. Could we please have a return to normalcy for that island. Add a home and make it a bustling little fishing village. No other starting zone of the original three factions remains in such turmoil.

100% agree. I don't have many complaints about this game (the players might be a different story), but the biggest one is how frequently my questing "solves" problems that are never actually solved. I also get annoyed at how Very Important NPCs end up just hanging out in the last random place you saw them; can Queen Arzela go back home to Evermore now? She's been standing in the hot sun on the road south of Bangkorai Garrison for ages now.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I thought you would mention the Bots!

Bots are rampant all around the starter zones, as well as specific locations in other zones.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Oh, I thought you would mention the Bots!

Bots are rampant all around the starter zones, as well as specific locations in other zones.

There's certainly a regular bunch who run a short circuit in Khenarthi's Roost after mudcrabs. This is on PC NA, I never see any on PC EU.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man I would love to restore the village.

I really want to live there. It's genuinely my favourite town prior to it being destroyed. So cosy.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could even add a player house there :D
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭

Literally. I can't force myself to do the final mission to burn bleakrock on any other character. It's just such a nice little place to hang out at.

This really needs to get addressed!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I would love to restore the village.

I really want to live there. It's genuinely my favourite town prior to it being destroyed. So cosy.
    There are some very nice towns which for some reason do not have all of the necessary features to be a “player base” so to speak.

Every town should have stables, bank, merchants, crafting writs boards, all stations (besides transmutation), and potentially an outlaws refuge. That would be enough to let people pick their favorite towns to live in and make a lot of those areas feel alive which is really cool.

Probably will make a thread on this tbh lol. I’ve always hoped they’d do something like that yet even populated towns like Hollow City in Coldharbour are not yet updated (no jewelry station).

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Covenant mobs should've just despawned after you evacuate the island and complete the Quest. You could then return to a still partially burned down, but empty Bleackrock at least.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    when i first played this game, i was amazed that you free a city from enemies and later on, the city is alive with civilians and crafting stuff and other stuff is unlocked for players, or you go to a place with aggressive ghosts and solve the problem and those ghosts become non aggressive after that.
    but it is only certain cities and places with that feature, and sadly maybe because budget problem, we do not see that feature anymore in recent content like skyrim.
    if they could keep that feature and even expand upon it and make your decision actually impact the world, from small to as big as freeing the city, this game would become the evolutionary mmo.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was gonna be a post about bots. Lol
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This and Stonefalls the part we just ignored they can add two new player houses and a little quest to rebuild.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Beta tester November 2013
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too say the Covenant North Eastern Fleet and Expedition has bled enough. Even despite the effort of disguised traitors, they have stood their mettle. As such the land should be annexed, and the officers thereof be awarded lordship of the domain.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It reminds me of black desert online where that one castle is always in an invasion of harpies. Never ending for years.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would buy a DLC where several locations in each alliance can be repaired with player's help.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day, they would warp you into the city that had the location change to your progress...but then they made one tamriel to let everyone play together and removed that option. This is because newer players could not see the players who finished the quest already.and thus could hot be helped...(i think my memory fails me ^^)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically Bleakrock isle is still in the same timeframe it was when we first encountered it.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even though we greatly enjoy watching our enemies club each other to death over some frozen spec of land in the middle of the sea of ghosts, we see it as our moral responsibility to assume control of the island and thus prevent further spilling of mongrel blood.

Sincerely, the Dominion.

*cough* totally wouldn't build a military base there *cough cough*
  • Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭✭
    When frequent biting of NPCs was required to keep ones vamp level under control, Bleakrock under siege was my favorite place for easy to bite NPCs, offering a number of solitary humanoid NPCs close to a wayshrine. I would do the Bleakrock questline just to get access to those NPCs to bite. (I’m too cheap to use the drinks if I can help it)

With the recent changes to vampirism and the bite dummy in the store, there’s no longer a need for this, so I fully endorse returning Bleakrock to normalcy.
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭

❤️
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For real. We need some old zone updates. Tamriel has been stuck on the same day for 6 years.

821e98ecca836948dca227a5ba63cf9d.gif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do the Bleakrock Quest anymore. That way I have a peaceful village to visit.

Bleak Rock remains hostile simply because winning that quest means escaping from the invaders with as many people as possible. So, the Hostiles remain.

We need an option at the end to take the Island back.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange how they made some places to restore after you solve problems there, and NPCs showing up in different places with updated dialog (it's a really cool feature, was amazing to see it the first time!). And at the same time other places are left hanging in turmoil.

The biggest example is
    Hollow City
    Forever in pre-assault state, and it's a focal point of THE main plot! And then you have a little nitpicking detail like a minor NPC moved into older zone after completion of her quest (from psijic order)
    Feels strange.
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭

Bleakrock is a perfect example of where a zone is changable and could be changed back, giving more value to older zones (don't see why this couldn't be done in other zones or parts of zones as well).

I think most everyone would like a series of quests like in the Skyrim mod "Helgen reborn" (those that don't know have a look at it, it is an excellent mod) that allowes you to reclaim and rebuild Bleakrock (and maybe get a nice house there).

Bleakrock reborn would be great, and much better than just another Dungeon expansion.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they could do it as the prologue of a eventual solstheim dlc jorunn wanting a foothold near the island for some reason
    Maibe they could could do a community event about it akin ff14 ishgard restoration
    There would be dailies to go fetch some mats overworld, some special component could drop in dungeons/trial or even pvp to include the most players possible
    The apearance of the town could change as we attain certain milestone
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/The_Ishgard_Restoration
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on August 4, 2020 8:49AM