Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I tested many abilities on the PTS to see what they restricted. Here are my results.

• Woosters
    Woosters
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's everything but Volendrung. I'm not hunting that thing down to test it. Anyway I'm done with this for now.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Woosters Thank you for testing skills and posting the results!
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for testing.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I feared, rapid regen and healing ward are both restricted.

Welp, if you're a magblade and you PvP guess your only options are to switch to dark cloak, make sure there isn't a single NPC or player within 30 meters of you, or pick a new class to play.

This change, if it goes through, would leave the magicka nightblade without a single reliable heal other swallow soul.

Big yikes to sorcs no longer being able to streak and every single mag class that will now no longer have a reliable self heal.

I hate to be hysterical and say "this will kill ESO", but seriously, any iteration of this will kill eso. Unless the devs exempt critical build items (streak, jabs, etc) and make all single target healing abilities only single self-target (ward, rapid regen, polar wind, breath of life, render flesh), this will at the make magicka completely non-viable in PvP.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woosters wrote: »
    T Stonefist (This is unrestricted both when you do the AoE to grab the debris and when you throw it)

Have you tested Obsidian Shard yet?
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Obsidian+Shard
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are they changing the ruleset on PTS? I was there earlier today inside a delve in PvP and I could spam cast Whirling Blades and Reverse Slice.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im glad that I don't PVP much , seems ESO rotation no longer exist .

I believe ZOS will apply those result to IC , then PVE B)
  • Woosters
    Woosters
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Woosters wrote: »
    T Stonefist (This is unrestricted both when you do the AoE to grab the debris and when you throw it)

Have you tested Obsidian Shard yet?
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Obsidian+Shard

T Inferno
    T Flames of Oblivion
    T Cauterize

T Stonefist
    T Obsidian Shard
    T Stone Giant

I added it. That is an inconsistent result.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for testing and the information.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

Welp, if you're a magblade and you PvP guess your only options are to switch to dark cloak, make sure there isn't a single NPC or player within 30 meters of you, or pick a new class to play.

This change, if it goes through, would leave the magicka nightblade without a single reliable heal other swallow soul.

Big yikes to sorcs no longer being able to streak and every single mag class that will now no longer have a reliable self heal.

I hate to be hysterical and say "this will kill ESO", but seriously, any iteration of this will kill eso. Unless the devs exempt critical build items (streak, jabs, etc) and make all single target healing abilities only single self-target (ward, rapid regen, polar wind, breath of life, render flesh), this will at the make magicka completely non-viable in PvP.

Say goodbye to magicka classes in pvp.

Sub Assault gets hit, but blastbones doesn't, wth?

Ball of Lightning, with no aoe component gets hit, and keeps the ramping cost increase as well as a cooldown?
    Edited by katorga on July 29, 2020 5:16AM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I tried it during the test 2. Why is Ball of Lightning affected? It doesn't deal any damage, and it already has its own cost increase.

The cost fatigue debuff increased the cost of all non-ultimate abilities, not only AOEs, as the forum announcement suggested it would. That's also weird.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what you're saying is that i should do a master staff shock clench build over this period...
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

IT'S NOT A CHANGE, IT'S A DATA GATHERING EXERCISE

Omg people, how many times do people have to say it? This is not the "solution" this is checking, once and for all if the lag is caused by particular AOE skills and if certain restrictions can reduce or eliminate that lag so that they can make changes LATER to work out the SOLUTION that this ISN'T
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad they didnt hinted time of tests. Was sitting on pts and there was no changes at my time :/
    Nwm, riht now it time of 3sec cooldown test.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 29, 2020 6:00AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

Omg people, how many times do people have to say it? This is not the "solution" this is checking, once and for all if the lag is caused by particular AOE skills and if certain restrictions can reduce or eliminate that lag so that they can make changes LATER to work out the SOLUTION that this ISN'T

I think it's you who doesn't get it.
    This shows that they consider some single target skills aoe, and during their LIVE tests, these will be impacted.
    Imagine playing a Magicka Templar during week 1, and all your defensive abilities put you on a 3 second cooldown.
    The very idea that me casting my Armour buff somehow contributes to the lag in any significant way is laughable.
    You will be able to play maybe 2-3 stamina specs during these test and not be completely forked over.
    This will result in less players playing, and will give them the wrong data, and then if they draw conclusions from that data and act accordimlngly..
    If they already know aoes are causing the lag with smart healing, why not change a few of these skills and see what happens.
    Also if they remove all aoe damage and healing than cyro will become nothing but unorganized zergs.
    Also these changes mean they will have to adjust a lot of skills even in other aspects of the game.
    So yes, plenty of things to protest here.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I'm aware of that.

Whatever data they gather is likely going to be flawed anyway. How many people do you think are going to pvp knowing they can't heal anymore? Can't use their spammable anymore? Can't use many of their core class defining abilities?

People are either going to skip cyrodiil, or they'll still go but on another class instead. In the end, ZOS will only be able to collect garbage data that isn't reflective of reality.

[snip]

I'd feel safe [snip] knowing they would understand this and view the data through that lense. ZOS on the other hand, I'm literally terrified that they'll see the information this gives them, see that the lag and server performance is better, and simply assume that their test proves their hypothesis. Nowhere along the line do I expect anyone to understand that the data is likely going to be trash and that the game shouldn't be completely redisgned around it.

They have made it known that they value spreadsheets and numbers above all else. The numbers will tell a story without context, [snip]

Alarmist? Sure. [snip] I do hope I'm wrong though.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 29, 2020 2:34PM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    Yeah, I tried it during the test 2. Why is Ball of Lightning affected? It doesn't deal any damage, and it already has its own cost increase.

The cost fatigue debuff increased the cost of all non-ultimate abilities, not only AOEs, as the forum announcement suggested it would. That's also weird.

I would bet money they implement cost fatigue debuff on every skill and ability, pve and pvp and call it a day.

It is easy. It is a tested mechanic. It is in production right now with streak and roll dodge. They don't have to go back and rework every class and skill that gets wrecked by targeted AOE cool downs.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

I would bet money they implement cost fatigue debuff on every skill and ability, pve and pvp and call it a day.

It is easy. It is a tested mechanic. It is in production right now with streak and roll dodge. They don't have to go back and rework every class and skill that gets wrecked by targeted AOE cool downs.

So what you're saying is that they'll abolish the concept of "spammable"? Seriously?
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awsome, thanks :)
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So what you're saying is that they'll abolish the concept of "spammable"? Seriously?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzG-t7e4y7I
    Hard to call skill that you can cast once per 3sec as spammable anymore :dizzy:
    Edited by Cinbri on July 29, 2020 7:43AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf (R means Restricted ; T means Tested):

T Werewolf Transformation
    T Pack Leader
    T Werewolf Berserker

T Pounce
    RT Brutal Pounce
    T Feral Pounce

T Hircine's Bounty
    T Hircine's Rage
    T Hircine's Fortitude

RT Roar
    RT Ferocious Roar
    RT Deafening Roar

T Piercing Howl
    T Howl of Despair
    T Howl of Agony

RT Infectious Claws
    RT Claws of Anguish
    RT Claws of Life

(Pretty much 3/5 of WW toolkit is affected. Combo-ing Brutal Pounce -> Roar - > Infectious Claws is no longer possible :| )
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Thx for testing.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Woosters
    Woosters
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf (R means Restricted ; T means Tested):

(Pretty much 3/5 of WW toolkit is affected. Combo-ing Brutal Pounce -> Roar - > Infectious Claws is no longer possible :| )[/i]

When I tested brutal pounce was not restricted. Additionally on the PTS during my tests the cooldown was unique to each ability. There is a testing mode where the cooldowns are not unique and it is one cooldown for all abilities. I didn't record any results during that test.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

they said that when they made Battle gorunds solo queue only
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Streak it gets restricted, thats good.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yellow vigor is crap on live great to see they managed to make it worse. 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Im glad that I don't PVP much , seems ESO rotation no longer exist .

I believe ZOS will apply those result to IC , then PVE B)
    Unless they publicly changed policy, this absolute nightmare will come to PvE too.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I'm aware of that.

Whatever data they gather is likely going to be flawed anyway. How many people do you think are going to pvp knowing they can't heal anymore? Can't use their spammable anymore? Can't use many of their core class defining abilities?

People are either going to skip cyrodiil, or they'll still go but on another class instead. In the end, ZOS will only be able to collect garbage data that isn't reflective of reality.

[snip]

I'd feel safe [snip] knowing they would understand this and view the data through that lense. ZOS on the other hand, I'm literally terrified that they'll see the information this gives them, see that the lag and server performance is better, and simply assume that their test proves their hypothesis. Nowhere along the line do I expect anyone to understand that the data is likely going to be trash and that the game shouldn't be completely redisgned around it.

They have made it known that they value spreadsheets and numbers above all else. The numbers will tell a story without context, [snip]

Alarmist? Sure. [snip] I do hope I'm wrong though.
    Yes, the test will be an PvDoor AP farming event, few will get new sets for the event and be in any way prepared as its just one week then new tests.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 29, 2020 2:35PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Dunno if anyone else can confirm this, but I noticed in the PTS that if I hit jabs/sweeps then get interrupted before it can land, the three second penalty STILL APPLIES. Templars are double-screwed...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Dunno if anyone else can confirm this, but I noticed in the PTS that if I hit jabs/sweeps then get interrupted before it can land, the three second penalty STILL APPLIES. Templars are double-screwed...

Cooldown starting to tick right after you pressing skill cast. Doesnt matter if skill worked or failed, cd will still be there.