Maintenance for the week of August 17
• PC/Mac: No maintenance– August 17th
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – August 20th, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – August 20th, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
The Stonethorn DLC and Update 27 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I tested many abilities on the PTS to see what they restricted. Here are my results.

Woosters
Woosters
✭✭✭
The general way it works is as follows:
Ultimate abilities are not subject to restrictions.
Abilities that work on an area of the ground are all restricted.
Abilities that need to find a target within a distance or direction AT CAST TIME are restricted.
Abilities that do something in an area around your target are not restricted.

These rules might confuse some people. So in the next few posts I'll provided more detailed information.

I can't control what people post here but I would ask that you allow this thread to be strictly for information and clarification on the tests. If you want to express an opinion I ask that you do it in a different thread.

I did these tests between noon and 4pm on 7/28/2020 on the PTS. It may work differently in the future and I may have made mistakes, but I think I managed to get this right.
Edited by Woosters on July 28, 2020 8:30PM
  • Woosters
    Woosters
    ✭✭✭
    Petrify was a Typo. I'm reviewing all the information I provided again.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are the AOE changes even live on the PTS? It looks like they're happening on the live server starting the week of August 24 and are not affecting the PTS. Or are you talking about something different?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the AOE changes even live on the PTS? It looks like they're happening on the live server starting the week of August 24 and are not affecting the PTS. Or are you talking about something different?

They made the changes on PTS; the Live tests are happening to test the performance changes in the Live environment. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/539124/pts-patch-notes-v6-1-2#latest
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 28, 2020 9:26PM
  • Woosters
    Woosters
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the changes are live on the PTS on July 28th. However I think they are doing all 4 tests for short periods of time. Earlier I was getting a debuff that increased ability costs. Now the abilities are going onto individual 3 second cooldowns. If you read the official posts the July 28th tests are mentioned.

I want to make it really clear that I am just reporting what I observe. What they test on the PTS in no-CP Cyrodiil might be very different from what they do later.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, it's really good to see which abilities and which classes are most effected.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woosters wrote: »
    Yes, the changes are live on the PTS on July 28th. However I think they are doing all 4 tests for short periods of time. Earlier I was getting a debuff that increased ability costs. Now the abilities are going onto individual 3 second cooldowns. If you read the official posts the July 28th tests are mentioned.

I want to make it really clear that I am just reporting what I observe. What they test on the PTS in no-CP Cyrodiil might be very different from what they do later.

OHHHH ok, I figured I was missing something :)

Thanks for testing!!
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip helping hands for the SDK PvP lmao
    If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome work @Woosters
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rules are not quite as clear. Lotus fan or Reverse Slice for example are single target on cast and only have an aoe effect after hitting - restricted. But Force Puls or Shock Clench, which have similar mechanics, are not. Strife (base morph) is not restriced despite having to check for targets to heal. But some other "single target aoe" heals are affected. Funnel Health is restricted too. Ground traps are affected even if the trap effect is single target only (FG trap). Shrouded Daggers not affected.
    Some aoe buffs are affected (Molten Weapons according to your test, did not check myself), others (Empowered Ward) are not. Both morphs of Bolt Escape are affected, despite Ball of Lighting not really having aoe effects anymore. No need for proxy det to check for aoe on cast, still is affected. Same for Warden's beetles.
    Edited by Rianai on July 28, 2020 9:48PM
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Woosters thank you, it's extremely useful info
    Tasty
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still at work, what restriction did they implement? 3 second global cool down, 3 second individual cool down, ramping costs...

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Still at work, what restriction did they implement? 3 second global cool down, 3 second individual cool down, ramping costs...

Atm 3s individual cd (did not check for cost increase, but doubt there is one, since aoe skills can't be spammed anyway)
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭
    Fascinating ! Thanks for all this testing.
    Xbox-NA

PVE Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Deaths Helbain