The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Mount in Each Category (totally subjective)

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Your opinion!

Horse
Wolf/Jackal/Hound
Senche/Senche-Raht/Sabrecat
Camel
Guar/Kagouti
Bear
Elk/Indrik/Ram
Other (dwarven spiders, nix ox, etc.)
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guar/Kagouti. Go bipedals!

[Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But which is your favorite of those? ;)
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frost Mare is the best looking mount I have seen in any game and so glad I got it when I did!!!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What a fun thread! :smiley: Entirely arbitrary and subjective ofc, but the best mounts imo are: :heart:

Karthwolf Charger - the war paint adds an extra bit of oomph to this majestic beast.
    350?cb=20170803211111

Striped Senche-Tiger - I missed this and I'm still salty about it - the Tiger pattern on this graceful hunter is amazing!
    350?cb=20191217093957

Hist Guar - an appropriate Hist-infused Guar perfect for a Saxhleel rider (plus its name is Apricot which is adorable)
    350?cb=20160802155445

Tattooed Shorn Camel - embarassing to be out-styled by a Camel, but those 'Tattoos' are gorgeous
    350?cb=20190610155133

Frostbane Bear - the perfect cold-climate Bear to ride across the snowy peaks of Skyrim and Wrothgar
    350?cb=20191216182344

Alliance War Horse - perhaps some consider them boring, but it's a 3-in-1 horse with proper custom armor. Love!
    350?cb=20160930170108

Dawnwood Indrik - my first Pokemon is still my favourite Pokemon, and so this OG Indrik evolution is my heart's (and my Warden's) favourite Indrik/Elk variant to prance around on across the magical fields and forests of Tamriel.
    350?cb=20190612020830

Baandari Dwarven Spider - The intricate Dwemer craftsmanship is impressive in itself, but the Khajiiti ingenuity of repurposing this contstruct as a portable caravan with trading goods and blankets is just genius!
    350?cb=20190612232631

Most of these are probably more boring than other people's top mount picks (flashy horses, reanimated corpse mounts, spirit deer and co.) but I love the more realistic mounts that I can totally imagine my characters using and bonding with.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the striped senche mount that @bluebird noted is a fabulous mount. The bear that looks similar to a giant panda is also a great mount because you know, pandas.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still waffling over my choices, but I hands-down agree about the Hist Guar!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I agree that the striped senche mount that @bluebird noted is a fabulous mount. The bear that looks similar to a giant panda is also a great mount because you know, pandas.
    Ah, yes this one right? 'Masked Bear' Adorbz. There's even a Badger version lol.
    350?cb=20160802213432
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Horse: there is still no perfect horse mount for me :/ But from all horses so far, my favourite is Nightfrost Atronach Steed :) Only two things I would really change in it: it could have more impressive visual effects when rearing up, and more thin belly.

Wolf/Jackal/Hound: a bit difficult to choose, many cool wolves but no perfect wolf yet... Ok, it's Hollowjack Rider Wolf :smiley: Just a simple wolf, but what a stylish armor! And colors - black armor matches the black fur. Such a simple detail, but we rarely get mounts which are not ruined by colors of their saddle/accessories. The only bad thing about this creepy wolf is the voice - wolf itself has simple animal voice :'(

Senche/Senche-Raht/Sabrecat: I have my 3 most favourite senche models. But if I need to choose just one favourite, Shadow Atronach senche is near perfection <3 The only thing I would change about it - make the stamina and speed upgrades look like body transformations. Add horns/spikes, instead of basic helmet and leg "socks".

For example, mounts from Xanmeer crates grow horns on their heads as stamina upgrade, and fins on their paws as speed upgrade. It was such an amazing detail!

Camel: Flame Atronach camel has no rivals B) Bad things about it: simple camel voice, and the fiery body doesn't produce the light for the environment - and it's true for all Flame atronach mounts :'(

Guar/Kagouti: Guar-Lizard Steed :) I don't even know what I would change about it... Maybe change the color of the feet (they look dirty, I would make them same color as rest of Guar's body) + recolor the saddle and accessories to black with some green/yellow details. Cursebound Kagouti would compete in this category, but only if it had special effects + summoning animation :| I have a bad feeling that Nightfall crate mounts will remain without effects...

Bear: New Moon Bear unrivaled for me <3 It has only two bad things: simple bear voice, and boring special effects - but same bad things are true for every New Moon mount :s

Elk/Indrik/Ram: I don't really like any of those so far... If I have to choose anyway, it is Luminous Indrik. I like colors on it :)

Other (dwarven spiders, nix ox, etc.) : I also no true favourite among those so far. If I have to choose one, it is Ebony Dwarven Spider. I love the unique "rearing up" animation (I would call it "lie down" though) + combination of black metal body and blue flame! :) The same unique animation also appears on group mount on PTS (so I think it's no longer unique) - and I would love to have option to use same animation on every spider mount. Let all spider mounts have two "rearing up" animations option! :o
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the senche/cat/raht category my absolute favorite is the black senche-lion, he is so simple but his armor is gorgeous, his saddle bags actually match his armor unlike 85% of mounts, his anatomy isn't wonky like all the horses and some other cats, and his roar is impressive and fitting. He might not be as flashy as some of the apex/radiant apex mounts, but he's the only mount in game I have zero wish to change anything on, and those golden eyes are so striking.
    I was so excited they brought him back for this event, so I finally had a chance to get him!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still don't know what my favorites are yet, but I can tell you what my most popular mount is! It's definitely my Gloam Wolf. People seem to go absolutely gaga when I pull it out. 🐺💜 I am very fond of it. It's flashy, but in an understated way, and there aren't many purple things.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only use the big cats and the wolves so I don't have any favorites in the other categories.

My favorite wolf is the Psijic Wolf Exemplar (even though I use the Doom Wolf more):

Psijic-Wolf-Exemplar.jpg

My favorite Senche is the Shadow Rider Senche:

Shadow-Rider-Senche.jpg

PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But which is your favorite of those? ;)
    @Versispellis

All of them ;) But if I have to choose then I suppose the normal Kagouti and the Shadowghost Guar. A honorable mention to Guar-Lizard Steed, which is one of the very few apex I actually like.

I wish I had a nice horse though to favourite.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Great idea for a thread! Thanks for sharing your favorite mounts everyone. :)
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on July 25, 2020 12:32PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite horse is the Fang Lair Courser Mount, aka Diaper Horse. I also like the look of the Dragons ale Solar Horse, but as it's radiant apex and I don't have it it's not the best xD

My favorite bear has got to be the Wild Hunt Bear, though I don't have that either. I got the Psijic Bear, but I don't really like it or bears in general except the Wild Hunt one...

My favorite Camel... I don't like them. But if I have to pick one I would like best of all, it would be the Frostbane Camel.

My favorite guar is the Novelty Stick Guar, best thing they ever made xD

My favorite elk etc. is the plain old normal Great Elk Mount.

I absolutely abhor the Dwemer Spiders, and I also don't like Nix Oxs, even less than camels. So I won't pick anything for this category...

My favorite wolf mount is the Red Pit Wolf, closely followed by the Gorne Wolf.

The senches are tricky. I absolutely love the Sapiarch Senche Serval and the Senche Lizard Steed, but I also like the Chilling Senche Lizard, the Black Mane Lion and the Volcanic Senche Panther, all of these last three I don't have.
    Metal forever \m/
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are my favorites:

Horse
    Ashen Fang Lair Courser
    Ashen-Fang-Lair-Courser-Side.jpg
    I don't like the stocky looking horses as mounts and aside from the skeletal crate mount, I suppose their builds can't get much thinner than this lol. But this is also my favorite dungeon themed mount too. Gentle effects on the eyes, plus really cool armor is nice.

Wolf/Jackal/Hound
    Ebon Dwarven Wolf
    037.jpg
    Color combo + being able to earn it in game? This is hands down my favorite canine mount.

Senche
    New Moon Senche
    New-Moon-Senche-Upgraded.jpg
    Shadow cats are just perfect.

Sabrecat
    Frostbane Sabre Cat
    Frostbane-Sabre-Cat-Upgraded.jpg
    I feel like this is kinda cheating because it doesn't have the regular saber build, but that's why it's probably my favorite. Plus the snow effects and mount armor are awesome.

Senche-Raht
    Goutfang Senche-raht
    Goutfang-Sench-Raht-Side.jpg
    Just really like the natural colors and well done striping.

Camel
    Camel-Lizard Steed
    Camel-Lizard-Steed-Upgraded.jpg
    I really liked this entire set of mounts but the camel definitely had the coolest transformation into lizard creature imo. Those neck fins are wild.

Guar
    Psijic Guar Exemplar
    Psijic-Guar-Exemplar-Upgraded.jpg
    It just fits my Templar Argonian so well lol.

Kagouti
    Hearthfire Kagouti
    Hearthfire-Kagouti-Side-1.jpg
    I just think it's neat.

Bear
    Frostbane Bear
    Frostbane-Bear-Upgraded.jpg
    Bears have never been my favorite mount due to the way they run, but as a default I love this create set.

Elk/Ram
    Great Dark Stag
    Great-Dark-Stag-Side-1.jpg
    Aside from how wicked this mount looks, just the fact as a deer it has different antlers is part of why it's my favorite. I hope that future deer get antler variance too.

Indrik
    Icebreath Indrik
    Icebreath-Indrik-Side.jpg
    This one was kinda hard, I'm always excited to see what the next Indrik will look like and if it will have any sort of special or different riding "effects". I think this was the first one to do something a little different? It has some falling snow flakes instead of just glow. I really hope that is a new trend for Indriks.

Other (dwarven spiders, nix ox, etc.)
    Novelty Stick Dragon
    Novelty-Stick-Dragon-Side.jpg
    I dislike the gem mount idea but this was funny.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorites:

1) Great Dark Stag
    2) Oak ember forge Wolf
    3) Psijic Horse Exemplar
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    I've been with my camel since launch.

Have no desire for any other mount.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only like horses really.

Witch Knight Charger is by far my favourite in the game.

Witch-Knight-Charger-Side-1.jpg

Simple armour design. Nice coat. The riding skill upgrades look great. Big, bulky frame, nice and intimidating. No dumb animations or effects.

I got it the moment it was in a crate. Wasn't playing when it was up for Crowns.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a simple person with simple taste, I pretty much only use the Great Elk or White-Spotted Courser for everyone but my tiny Bosmer Werewolf, who zips around the landscape on his Ice Wolf. :D
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • FatherDelve
    FatherDelve
    ✭✭✭
    the-boys.png

I am maybe biased, but I love the Senche-Raht and the Sabre Cat ;) And I obvious used all luck for the next 10 years. And my firstborn is sold already.