The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

With the release of 6.1.0, the Vampire skill line will be an abject failure of game design.

• Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    I still vampiric drain should had some nice morph that gives a aoe magicka restore, for resource choice, vs how bfb turned into resource option prior.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @MotownMurder I also had great hopes in the Greymoor update, I was excited with vampirism going from passive to active.

Your analysis covers the issues the vampire skill line has and will have with the purposed changes.

I really hope devs don't ignore your detailed post.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampires are universally known for their regeneration across all forms of media.

Shoot one in the stomach with a gun and it does nothing really. Here in ESO though, its the opposite.

Being a vampire means you better not stub your toe because it won't heal, and you'll have a funny walk FOREVER
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampires are universally known for their regeneration across all forms of media.

Shoot one in the stomach with a gun and it does nothing really. Here in ESO though, its the opposite.

Being a vampire means you better not stub your toe because it won't heal, and you'll have a funny walk FOREVER

It'd be great if they made use of the day/night cycle in ESO.

What if during the day you had -100% health regen, but at night you had 200% health regen?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »

What if during the day you had -100% health regen, but at night you had 200% health regen?

That is a bit too much but I agree we need something at night. It was really sad when the dark stalker passive removed the synergy it had with the night time and made it so you entered sneak faster both during the day and night.
    Edited by Vevvev on July 16, 2020 7:34PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • InqueBlawt
    Vevvev wrote: »

That is a bit too much but I agree we need something at night. It was really sad when the dark stalker passive removed the synergy it had with the night time and made it so you entered sneak faster both during the day and night.

I'll be honest, lore based flair does not work in balanced game design. Their changes and kit is not working as is. Either these skills synergize with your current class, or you're expected to go pure vampire. What they made was a mishmash of ideas that turns you into a useless character compared to non-vamps. The previous vampire was a glorified buff and everyone went vamp.

They need to make Vampire active, not passive, either your skills as a whole change (vamp and non-vamp), like casting non-vampire skills makes you lose health, but cost less resources, while vampire skills get back health, but cost more resources.

I would have pushed for game design where vamp/non-vamp skills are a balance of push and pull. The higher the stage, the more risk v reward. If you don't want to mess with it, you don't go vamp and stay pure to your class.

They didn't really try hard enough and it would complicate their balance by quite a bit. Making vampire its own class might be a better path forward.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    InqueBlawt wrote: »

I'll be honest, lore based flair does not work in balanced game design. Their changes and kit is not working as is. Either these skills synergize with your current class, or you're expected to go pure vampire. What they made was a mishmash of ideas that turns you into a useless character compared to non-vamps. The previous vampire was a glorified buff and everyone went vamp.

They need to make Vampire active, not passive, either your skills as a whole change (vamp and non-vamp), like casting non-vampire skills makes you lose health, but cost less resources, while vampire skills get back health, but cost more resources.

I would have pushed for game design where vamp/non-vamp skills are a balance of push and pull. The higher the stage, the more risk v reward. If you don't want to mess with it, you don't go vamp and stay pure to your class.

They didn't really try hard enough and it would complicate their balance by quite a bit. Making vampire its own class might be a better path forward.

I can agree with this. If vamp ever became it's own class or at least, like, when you become a vampire it overrides your class skills..... I'd love that a lot. Maybe even give it as an option so vamps can choose?
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can agree with this. If vamp ever became it's own class or at least, like, when you become a vampire it overrides your class skills..... I'd love that a lot. Maybe even give it as an option so vamps can choose?

That sounds crazy unique. Giving them a choice would be too easy though (choose bad moves no one uses) but imagine the buffs vamp could get. Even new moves?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »

That sounds crazy unique. Giving them a choice would be too easy though (choose bad moves no one uses) but imagine the buffs vamp could get. Even new moves?

I was talking about choosing from a vanilla base-line 5 ability 1 ultimate line or you can choose to delve even deeper into vampire and have it take over your whole class.

But tbh honestly maybe just making vampire a "curse" that overrides your class with vampiric skills would work.

Another thought is this: What if each class had some different vampiric skills? That way each form of vampirism is unique based upon what class the player is when they're changed.

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was talking about choosing from a vanilla base-line 5 ability 1 ultimate line or you can choose to delve even deeper into vampire and have it take over your whole class.

But tbh honestly maybe just making vampire a "curse" that overrides your class with vampiric skills would work.

Another thought is this: What if each class had some different vampiric skills? That way each form of vampirism is unique based upon what class the player is when they're changed.

Like a fallen Templar that uses blood magic to corrupt their weapons? Imagine the spear but it had more vampiric life drain like effects to it, or vampires bane getting converted to an ice spell over fire.
    Edited by Vevvev on July 17, 2020 11:00PM
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

Like a fallen Templar that uses blood magic to corrupt their weapons? Imagine the spear but it had more vampiric life drain like effects to it, or vampires bane getting converted to an ice spell over fire.

Yes!!!!

Something kinda like that, yeah.

Or I was thinking each class would have a specific loadout relating to vampirism. Like Necromancers would have a necro/vampiric theme.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes!!!!

Something kinda like that, yeah.

Or I was thinking each class would have a specific loadout relating to vampirism. Like Necromancers would have a necro/vampiric theme.

And maybe give Dragonknights a cold fire style build.

As cool as the idea is I imagine it'd become a balancing nightmare for ZOS :disappointed:
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭

We're crossing into borderline unimplementable territory here, but it would be cool if there were three different Vampire skill lines (basically DPS/Tank/Support, but you could also split that into Physical/Blood Magic/Shadow magic, or whatever the categories will be), and as you levelled up you had to pick one of your class skill lines to be replaced with one of the Vampire skill lines (skill points refunded in the process). Emphasis on had to - if you decide to keep some of your class lines, your Vampire progression will be stunted and you won't be able to get access to some of the passives.

For example, when you become a newborn vampire (Level 1 in Vampire), you don't get access to any of the abilities or passives (or I suppose you can throw something minor in there), and you have to Feed on enemies/NPCs (or just kill things) to progress. Once you hit Level 2, you can give up one of your Class skill lines to get access to one of the Vampire skill lines. If you decide not to, this is where your progression ends; Level 1 becomes a bit of a "trial version", where you can play around without really committing to it. If you decide to swap one of the lines, you'll continue levelling up and unlocking abilities from that line until you hit Vampire Level 5, at which point you can swap out another one of your Class skill lines for another Vampire skill line. Again, if you choose not to, this is where your Vampire journey ends. Should you continue, you'll keep on levelling up and unlocking new skills and passives until you hit Level 8, at which point you can choose to swap out your last Class line for the last Vampire skill line, allowing access to the full spectrum of Vampire abilities and passives and enabling you to complete your Vampire progression at the cost of... pretty much your entire class (your "humanity", if you will).

This system accomplishes several things at once. First, it gives Vampires three whole skill lines without necessarily being "freebies", since you have to give up some of your abilities to get them. Second, it allows for a pure "vampire class" build without introducing a "hard" Vampire class, which should allow existing characters to become full-on vampires naturally as they progress (which is also pretty flavourful, if you think about it). Third, it introduces a hard bonuses and drawbacks system (since nothing past Level 1 is given to you "for free") while also being decently customizable - if you are only looking for a certain skill, you can pick that skill line at Level 2 and just stop there. In addition, this in combination with 10+2 extra skills from new skill lines will allow for a wide range of different builds, including Vampire tanks and Vampire healers, and maybe even Stampires; this will add a massive and complex tool to our build toolbox. Also, this introduces many new variables into the mix, which should allow for a much greater number of balance vectors (you can switch Vampire "milestones" around, make the abilities and passives unlock at different levels and different milestones, and change or even remove the existing drawbacks since you'll have a whole new drawback system). Finally, RPers will definitely appreciate the change, since they'll be able to RP fallen Templars and what-not.

People have already suggested plenty of ideas for new Vampire abilities in the previous round of PTS, so drawing inspiration for the two new lines shouldn't be that difficult.

EDIT: I guess if we're treating this as a "pseudo-class", we can change Vampirism to be an entire 50 levels as opposed to only 10, giving you more space between milestones to add skill and passive unlocks into.
    EDIT 2: For the more technically-minded out there, by "swapping out" skill lines I mean any system that will restrict access to one skill line and allow access to another. I wager removing one of the class skill lines and literally filling that void with a Vampire skill line won't be feasible, so it would most likely involve simply locking the class line and unlocking a Vampire one.
    Edited by Spectral_Force on July 18, 2020 12:52PM
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭

We're crossing into borderline unimplementable territory here, but it would be cool if there were three different Vampire skill lines (basically DPS/Tank/Support, but you could also split that into Physical/Blood Magic/Shadow magic, or whatever the categories will be), and as you levelled up you had to pick one of your class skill lines to be replaced with one of the Vampire skill lines (skill points refunded in the process). Emphasis on had to - if you decide to keep some of your class lines, your Vampire progression will be stunted and you won't be able to get access to some of the passives.

For example, when you become a newborn vampire (Level 1 in Vampire), you don't get access to any of the abilities or passives (or I suppose you can throw something minor in there), and you have to Feed on enemies/NPCs (or just kill things) to progress. Once you hit Level 2, you can give up one of your Class skill lines to get access to one of the Vampire skill lines. If you decide not to, this is where your progression ends; Level 1 becomes a bit of a "trial version", where you can play around without really committing to it. If you decide to swap one of the lines, you'll continue levelling up and unlocking abilities from that line until you hit Vampire Level 5, at which point you can swap out another one of your Class skill lines for another Vampire skill line. Again, if you choose not to, this is where your Vampire journey ends. Should you continue, you'll keep on levelling up and unlocking new skills and passives until you hit Level 8, at which point you can choose to swap out your last Class line for the last Vampire skill line, allowing access to the full spectrum of Vampire abilities and passives and enabling you to complete your Vampire progression at the cost of... pretty much your entire class (your "humanity", if you will).

This system accomplishes several things at once. First, it gives Vampires three whole skill lines without necessarily being "freebies", since you have to give up some of your abilities to get them. Second, it allows for a pure "vampire class" build without introducing a "hard" Vampire class, which should allow existing characters to become full-on vampires naturally as they progress (which is also pretty flavourful, if you think about it). Third, it introduces a hard bonuses and drawbacks system (since nothing past Level 1 is given to you "for free") while also being decently customizable - if you are only looking for a certain skill, you can pick that skill line at Level 2 and just stop there. In addition, this in combination with 10+2 extra skills from new skill lines will allow for a wide range of different builds, including Vampire tanks and Vampire healers, and maybe even Stampires; this will add a massive and complex tool to our build toolbox. Also, this introduces many new variables into the mix, which should allow for a much greater number of balance vectors (you can switch Vampire "milestones" around, make the abilities and passives unlock at different levels and different milestones, and change or even remove the existing drawbacks since you'll have a whole new drawback system). Finally, RPers will definitely appreciate the change, since they'll be able to RP fallen Templars and what-not.

People have already suggested plenty of ideas for new Vampire abilities in the previous round of PTS, so drawing inspiration for the two new lines shouldn't be that difficult.

EDIT: I guess if we're treating this as a "pseudo-class", we can change Vampirism to be an entire 50 levels as opposed to only 10, giving you more space between milestones to add skill and passive unlocks into.

I like this idea a lot. I'd argue it'll never happen, but like, damn this would be so cool.

There would be literally 0 negatives to this happening. Every single person would be happy. RPers, PvPers, and PvEers.
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    So they're nerfing the one good skill vamps had without doing anything to make the bad skills worth using. Still can't bring myself to cure my vamps, but if this goes live as-is, I'm probably going to be shelving them for as long as it takes for vampires to quit sucking. No reason to play with all these downsides if there isn't at least some benefit to it.
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    I just realised I haven't covered a way to "reset" or "respec" Vampirisim in my previous post since there's currently no way to "un-level" a skill line. I suppose one way of doing it is to reset your skill line milestone choices when you cure yourself, allowing you to re-infect and pick different skill lines to swap out, and if you decide to not go as far into Vampirism as you did before (for example, only going for one line after curing a max-level Vampire), you will simply be locked out of speccing skill points into higher-level skills and passives that you're not supposed to be able to access.
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
  • Minaithelan
    Minaithelan
    ✭✭
    I also disagree with the way the devs force us into building around vampire skills. Idk but I've always felt inviting is a way better strategy than restricting.

Instead of non-vamp skill cost increase and vamp skill cost decrease, I would've placed the frenzy mechanics (for vampire stage): The higher your stage you get a bonus to Spell Damage, but you also have to pay a health tax to your magicka skill casts. Keeping it miniscule at lower stages and significant at stage 4 (5/25/125/625 spell damage and 8/15/30/50 health tax for magicka skills, for example). Now you can remove frenzy and add a blood pool skill with one defensive "stay in place" morph and once offensive "gap closer" morph
  • Robula
    Robula
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope they look into the vampire skill line. I started playing again once I heard about the revamp but honestly I've I can't make it work. I love the concept of being a vampire but what's the point when it's near impossible to get it to work?
  • adilazimdegilx
    adilazimdegilx
    ✭✭✭
    Alright for PvE,
    Vampire never ever should be in meta, like werewolves. Cuz they kill the diversity. With Greymoor we already saw all records got beaten in everywhere by 8 Mag DPS using BfB and Thrassians. BfB doesnt 'help' with sustain, it eliminates it completely. Answer to sustain problems should be found in class trees, items and group play, not in 1 skill. And why people want to see every magicka class starting to use same spammable is not understandable for me. Even though I like the MagDk in PvE the most, I wouldnt want to use BfB on it.

And for PvP,
    Vampire is amazing actually. Very fun to play. Ultimate, despite being ugly, helps a lot when 1vX. Ult cost in Stage 3 is under 250 ultimate with potentates, you can backbar them for example to get your ult earlier.
    Mist Form can be dropped under 100 magicka per second with correct builds which is amazing, you basically run around with 75% mitigation freely. Good for relocating and kiting. I'm enjoying vamp play there but you need to build around it get most benefit, which is normal anyway.

I'm definetly not saying new Vampire is very well made but I completely agree with changes on PTS currently.
  • Rikakiah
    Rikakiah
    ✭✭✭
    Just a couple things I can comment on.

Blood for Blood should scale with form. Level 1 gets no increase in damage as your health gets low, level 4 up to 100% (125%?).

Mist form should be the closer. Base form could just grant major expedition. Morph 1 would change it to you dissolving into bats and teleporting (much like NB's teleport strike).

I was thinking Simmering Frenzy just seemed useless because I enchanted for magicka and maybe a bigger health pool would make it more viable. At least as a nightblade, Swallow Soul counters a decent health drain. Sap Essence and Lotus Fan fill out additional healing and closing options as well, but I really couldn't imagine a vampire without a lot of my nightblade tricks, and that doesn't feel like the style has really come into its own.

I just started as a vampire, but I'm seeing little reason from a practical point to level form. Form 4's best benefit seems to be the stealth aspects. And while I largely made my khajiit a vampire solely to be a super thief, there's virtually no use for that in combat (ie any group play). Ability costs go down, but they're not unmanageable at form 1 (about on par with a non-vampire, really). Power DEFINITELY needs to increase as you level form. All the downsides would be fine if that were the case. Except maybe the -100% health regen. I'm still on the fence about that. Maybe only -90% or "while in combat"?
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know what a lot of people already want to say: "You're just mad because being a Vampire isn't passive anymore, and it's an active decision that you have to build around now."

But that's where you would be wrong. Vampirism being an active decision is exactly what I was excited for before Greymoor launched. It was something I was looking forward to for a long time. But it's time to face facts: What the developers tried--vampirism as an active playstyle--has not worked. A viable "vampire build" is not possible. And now, with the launch of 6.1.0 on the horizon, every single vampire skill will soon be worthless.
    • Blood Scion: This is a decent self buff, especially with the Swarming Scion morph, but it's crippled by the fact that it costs so much ultimate to use. This ultimate was originally balanced around the assumption that Stage 4 Vampirism would reduce vampire power costs by 40%. This was supposed to be the "headliner" to encourage Stage 4 Vampirism. Now that Stage 4 only reduces vampire costs by 24%, however, this will always be one of the most expensive ultimates in the game. As such, this ultimate cannot compete with other ultimates that do more for a lower cost, and cannot be justifiably used in anything other than PvP where anything goes. And to add insult to injury, one of the morphs, Perfect Scion, is totally worthless.
    • Eviscerate: This was the one bright spot in the whole skill line. Blood For Blood, one of the morphs of this skill, could almost singlehandedly solve a class' sustain problems, provided they had a good source of healing. It felt like the one good extension of the devs' "risk vs reward" concept; where yes you lost health per cast, and yes you're in melee range, but it does a ton of damage. Unfortunately, this will be nerfed into uselessness as of 6.1.0. Not only will the execute percentage be decreased, but using it will now render you unhealable for 5 seconds. Obviously, a spammable power will be used one every 5 seconds, and going without healing in serious content is a death sentence, so Blood For Blood will no longer be useable. There's the second morph, of course, but it will fail to outperform almost all class magicka spammable powers, and also has the drawback of being a melee power with no large upside. Overall, Eviscerate will be generally unviable after 6.1.0.
    • Blood Frenzy: This is a power that shared the same journey as Blood For Blood, it just happened to go on that journey before Greymoor launched. The large boost to spell damage caught the attention of a lot of players at the time of 6.0.0's PTS, and a lot of people saw the potential rewards. Having it be toggled on prevented outside healing and drained your health, but it was a constant rate of drain and it was off the global cooldown, making it possible to manage. Before Greymoor launched, however, the skill was nerfed into uselessness by having the health drain increase by 1/5th every second. This was too much to handle for anything except short bursts, which was probably the developers' intention, but neither of the Blood Frenzy morphs provide enough DPS to justify their existence if they're only on for short bursts. As such, this became yet another power nobody uses in any serious capacity.
    • Vampiric Drain: This power is an absolute joke. It does pitiful healing for how long it takes, it does virtually no damage, and it leaves you vulnerable as the skill channels. This is probably one of the most worthless skills in the entire game, which nobody will ever find any use for. DPS won't use it because wasting several seconds channeling a heal is a DPS loss. Tanks won't use it because channeling it prevents you from blocking. PvP players won't use it because it doesn't even stun the enemy like it used to! Bottom line: nobody in their right mind would ever use this completely worthless skill. And the worst part of it is, I suspect ZoS sees this as the justification for all the "prevents outside healing" clauses in the vampire powers; they expect that vampire players should constantly be using this skill. I hope I'm wrong about that, because it would prove beyond any doubt how out of touch they are.
    • Mesmerize: The one good thing about this power is that you can hypnotize NPCs into talking to you. That is cool from a lore perspective, but it also kind of screws over new players that need to grind to the fourth power on the tree if they made the mistake of becoming Stage 4 too early. Other than that, this is a boring power. It stuns and potentially snares, sure, but the bottom line is that there are other powers that do the same thing but better. I also don't like that one of the five "real" power slots is wasted on something that will only ever be useful for tanks.
    • Mist Form: It's nice that it's a toggle now, and I'm sure it's nice for PvP, but it's another power that feels underwhelming. Blood Mist is conceptually cool, but the damage is so low that you would probably be better off just healing yourself with your own power rather than counting on this to save you. You can't even count on this saving you from OHKO's from bosses in serious content, so unless if you're PvPing, there's no good reason to slot this.

Now, perhaps you could look at each of these powers individually and conclude "well all of these powers look ok." And by themselves, maybe they would be. That may have been the developers' exact thought process as they were creating the powers. But what makes it all fall apart is this one simple fact:

You're expected to make a build where these powers are the core of your strategy

There's no possible way to do that! If you remember, all you have to work with in the vampire tree is:
    • An ultimate
    • A spammable that kills you
    • Two mutually exclusive toggles (one of which will kill you)
    • A stun
    • A self healing channel

That's not a build! There is no possible way to make a worthwhile build out of that! And then we need to consider how many of these powers, like Vampiric Drain, are just complete non starters to begin with. Maybe if you're ok with dying all the time and being no help to your team, then you could run a build focused solely on these powers (in the same way you could make a build out of nothing but Mage's Guild spells I guess), but for anyone who doesn't want to be kicked out of their group, there is no way to make a half-decent build for any role in the game with these powers.

You might say "fine then, just use your other powers instead," but you can't, because the game is designed to penalize you for using other powers by increasing the cost of all the other powers! Maybe that would be ok if you were using your other powers rarely and your vampire powers frequently, but that's impossible. Even if you try to use your vampire powers as liberally as possible, any build that is even halfway viable will be using their non-vampire powers over their vampire powers by a factor of 9 to 1.

Of course you might think "it's fine if I don't use my vampire powers, I'll just use the passives," but you can't do that either, because the passives are locked behind your stage of vampirism! You only get full access to your vampire passives when you're at Stage 4, and each stage increases the cost of your regular abilities by somewhere between 2-4%. And I'm going to tell you right now, there is nothing in the vampire passives that is going to justify wasting 2-4% extra resources per level. The only way to justify going higher in vampirism is if you intend to use the unique vampire powers, and they are so objectively horrible that there's no reason to even try.

What's even more ridiculous is that the whole stated point of this update was to encourage vampires to feed and be stronger, to get players to "embrace being a vampire." That is why the update was an abject failure of game design. Not because of the powers, not because of the passives, but because that objective was not reached. Before the update, vampires didn't feed and stayed at stage 4, and now it's the same: vampires don't feed and stay at stage 1. Only now, I guess the difference is that most of them have probably cured themselves and saved themselves the trouble!

And worst of all, the few times there actually were good points in the vampire tree, like Blood for Blood and the PTS version of Blood Frenzy, ZOS didn't hesitate to nerf them back down to uselessness. I think that's what bothers me most of all, that ZOS seems to want vampires to suck. That seems like their design goal. It makes them happy. Which, fair enough I guess, but maybe don't tease people with a vampire based expansion, right?

And before I end this extremely long post, let me respond to one final comment. One that I hear far too often:

"Vampirism is supposed to be a curse!"

Sorry, but that doesn't fly. I agree that "it's a curse" if you mean it should have some drawbacks, no argument there. But vampires are not supposed to be "cursed" in the same way that lepers are cursed. A vampire is supposed to be strong and capable and feared. Compare that to an ESO vampire, where if they try to use their powers, in the best case nothing happens, and in the worst case they kill themselves faster than the enemy. Vampires have weaknesses, that's what makes it a curse. They are not supposed to be a joke. Lycanthropy is also "a curse" but I don't see anyone saying werewolves should be bad. Then again, werewolves used to suck in ESO too, and these days they're looking pretty good for once. Could the same be true for vampires someday? Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.

totally agree. I for one see no way forward with a vampire at all.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HANDS OFF at least one of the morphs of my Frenzy!

It is a useful building block and is invaluable to the hybrid builds that ZOS is slowly creating space for with some of the new skills and sets. It maybe does not need two morphs, but tearing it out for two morphs of a gap-closer (which is in itself redundant and a waste of morphs) is going too far.

You can certainly use it but you must be intelligent about how you do so and, honestly, only certain classes can truly get away with it (Sorcerer and Nightblade come to mind with their strong self-healing potential). It's not something that you can simply copy-paste into an Alcast build and expect to work out.

It would also benefit from the introduction of a dedicated "Reduce Health Ability Costs by X" jewelry glyph such as we have for Stamina and Magicka abilities.
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    The main issue with the risk vs reward gameplay is that the top players will likely make use of it to show off 95k plus parses and score pushing runs and end up making the whole meta harder for new players. If the reward is bigger than the risk, then everyone will be forced to use it to push dps, and if the risk is greater than the reward then itll be forgotten about and regarded as a useless vampire skill. Thats the whole problem with meta, you're either forced into it or its not worth bothering

About vampire skills if they made blood for blood an execute where it deals increased damage on enemies below 50 percent health, but delt decreased damage on enemies above 50 percent health, it would be great for classes that dont have an execute like necromancer and dragonknight and it wouldn't be as overpowered since you'd need to slot a regular spammable anyway. Maybe make blood for blood cast magicka but it heals you based on the enemies remaining health instead to suit the vampire life steal theme. Maybe make arterial burst a gap closer where it teleports you to the enemy if used from a certain distance but still keeping its spammable nature. Theres just so many more creative ways to have these skills set up from how it was before and after the nerf

The 3 percent cost increase to all non vampire skills is a great incentive to forcing you into using the vampire skills but its a little too harsh, i think the 3 percent should negated if you have any vampire skill at all slotted, its alot more fair that way
    Full Time Shitposter
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything for stamina players or should i continue with other games?
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else wonder why the nightblade siphoning tree is more "vamp" than the new vampire skills.

How does one design a vampire that has little lifesteal mechanics built in?

Why is there ult gen built into the class, but you are not allowed to build ult while in vamp....that was like the only identity of vamp before. People used to stack bat swarms and maintain them so they played like a lifestealing build.
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    Anyone else wonder why the nightblade siphoning tree is more "vamp" than the new vampire skills.

Why is there ult gen built into the class, but you are not allowed to build ult while in vamp....that was like the only identity of vamp before. People used to stack bat swarms and maintain them so they played like a lifestealing build.

The problem is, if Vampire becomes even just a little more like the siphoning tree, Nightblade mains will come out in droves and complain about class identity. So ZOS have shot themselves in the foot with Vampirism from the very start, I'd say.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The old skill line - the ultimate had a cool factor that was off the charts.

Now it's just ... dorky.

I do not want my vampire to be dorky.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is, if Vampire becomes even just a little more like the siphoning tree, Nightblade mains will come out in droves and complain about class identity. So ZOS have shot themselves in the foot with Vampirism from the very start, I'd say.

Idk i mean there is plenty that zos could have done like adding in major lifesteal or Frenzy could have cut outside healing, but healed for % damage done. All the abilities could have cost health, if the engine of the skill line was based on lifesteal. I mean vamp is pretty one off to run on mag builds as is, but no matter how i look at it there is no point on a stam build.

Seems silly that zos thinks WW = stam and Vamp = mag....I dont agree with making everyone pigeon holed down one path.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk i mean there is plenty that zos could have done like adding in major lifesteal or Frenzy could have cut outside healing, but healed for % damage done. All the abilities could have cost health, if the engine of the skill line was based on lifesteal. I mean vamp is pretty one off to run on mag builds as is, but no matter how i look at it there is no point on a stam build.

Seems silly that zos thinks WW = stam and Vamp = mag....I dont agree with making everyone pigeon holed down one path.
    That could have been a really interesting concept. Major Lifesteal would also make vampires more viable for healers and tanks.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current vamp just seems like a good way to kill yourself, with no ways of healing back to full more than any other kit.....actually less since health recov isnt there.