The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

With the release of 6.1.0, the Vampire skill line will be an abject failure of game design.

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, saw Verandis using Hypnosis of all things. He also had a Blood Knight simulacrum like summon that rendered him unharmable till you killed the Blood Knight thing.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost depressing to return to ESO briefly only to see that they've still kept this awfully ruined state of Vampirism. I genuinely miss playing this game, but it just isn't fun when one cannot even play their character efficiently because of a drastic and wholly unnecessary change.

We gave so much feedback back before Greymoor was launched, and we were just ignored time after time again. What a shame.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    It's almost depressing to return to ESO briefly only to see that they've still kept this awfully ruined state of Vampirism. I genuinely miss playing this game, but it just isn't fun when one cannot even play their character efficiently because of a drastic and wholly unnecessary change.

We gave so much feedback back before Greymoor was launched, and we were just ignored time after time again. What a shame.

Here is to hoping they perhaps change something today in the patch notes. Not holding onto too much hope, though.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is to hoping they perhaps change something today in the patch notes. Not holding onto too much hope, though.

I won't lie, I've given up hope.

After 6 years of loyal and never cancelled subscription, I simply have come to terms with the fact that ZOS isn't interested in doing any sort of justice to the vampire, neither through gameplay or its lore application.

It pains me to see Vampirism in such a bastardized variation now present in ESO. But alas, all good things must come to an end.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • ManM
    ManM
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the patch notes, it looks like their design goals have been met. As much as I would like to see vampire be useful and effective as something more than an overland gimmick, I think it's done for.
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MotownMurder should update the title for this patch release too.