The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuhn's Favor nerf.

• MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh stuhn got nerfed for 1v1, but for aoe it will still be insane. It will definitely pair well with a master brawler build. Think of having a better spriggans at all times when in bgs or group vs group.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerenthir wrote: »
    This just got nerfed so badly that it's pretty much useless. I'd rather use Spriggan with its 100% up time, even though it potentially gives 3, 349 Penetration less. Whoever decided that this is a good idea and balanced, did a very poor job.

Did it not just get buffed though?

Pre-update: It only did extra penetration to off-balance targets.

Now: It does that penetration to all targets, after you have damaged an off-balance target.

It is much better than before. The previous version would have been great in 1v1 but would have suffered in outnumbered scenarios. Since you would continuously need to set opponents off balance to take advantage. Now, you just need to set one off balance and gain the pen on the entire group.

The difference with Truth is, you can get close to, or the same damage buff with easier conditions. You cannot do that here.
    Edited by jaws343 on May 4, 2020 6:09PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the old version of stuhns. Now it only has a 5 seconds downtime as oppposed to 15 seconds and 5,3k is still more than major breech and fracture.

Please just let it be 10 seconds once when damaging, allowing it to still outlive off balance by a few seconds. I think this change is more harmful than it is a nerf.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least can stop now theorycrafting builds with this set.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Aerenthir wrote: »
    This just got nerfed so badly that it's pretty much useless. I'd rather use Spriggan with its 100% up time, even though it potentially gives 3, 349 Penetration less. Whoever decided that this is a good idea and balanced, did a very poor job.

Did it not just get buffed though?

Pre-update: It only did extra penetration to off-balance targets.

Now: It does that penetration to all targets, after you have damaged an off-balance target.

It is much better than before. The previous version would have been great in 1v1 but would have suffered in outnumbered scenarios. Since you would continuously need to set opponents off balance to take advantage. Now, you just need to set one off balance and gain the pen on the entire group.

The difference with Truth is, you can get close to, or the same damage buff with easier conditions. You cannot do that here.

It doing extra damage to everyone isn’t that great when you consider you can already have a build with incredibly high pen, my old build which I switched out of had over 20k pen.

So at best this set will give about 2k more pen depending on the build. It only really stood out to me because it offered the option to more builds whether it was stam or mag.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on May 4, 2020 6:45PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this actually a nerf? If it functions like Armor of Truth, like the pts notes say, then it should be possible to keep 5312 pen up with high up times, particularly when fighting multiple players.

The old version would have over penetrated on many light/medium builds and had a shorter duration. This looks like it would have 17 seconds of uptime, still wipe out non-tank resistances but allow less burst against tanks. Doesn't this turn it into a hybrid super spriggans/spinners?
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is a nerf. 5.3k pen doesn't even compare to other set that you want it to replace with, specially if you have NMA as your main set. It could have been a good set if it stayed at 10k+ to be even competitive but now it's just another trash set.
    Time to move on...or not? But definitely saved me tons of tempers...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically a way for stam to get the light armor (equivalent) passive now? I guess that's ok. I'd probably pick this over Spriggans now.
    Edited by Sandman929 on May 4, 2020 7:25PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    Yes, it is a nerf. 5.3k pen doesn't even compare to other set that you want it to replace with, specially if you have NMA as your main set. It could have been a good set if it stayed at 10k+ to be even competitive but now it's just another trash set.
    Time to move on...or not? But definitely saved me tons of tempers...

Trash ? No, just isn’t overtuned. It’s mostly a buff for those who main source of pen will be through the set and a slight nerf to those who already build for pen. It’s really just a “slightly” better spriggans with a condition.

5.3k is still a lot of damage. 10k + is overkill.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say it's trash. It's still going to be a top tier set but will anyone replace what they are wearing for it? Time and more testing will tell.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, we went from over preforming sets to another pile of decon... Thrassian stranglers included that just became a literal dummy cheese set instead of something possibly useful. At least I wont feel the urge to grind for anything in the new chapter after finishing the quests for skill points. The good thing is the OP stuff became useless before it is even released so we don't have to hear complaints for the next 3 months :P
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Basically a way for stam to get the light armor (equivalent) passive now? I guess that's ok. I'd probably pick this over Spriggans now.

Titanborn is basically already better than Spriggans. Look at the effective weaponDamage at 100% and it's right behind Spriggan; at 75% it's right behind NMA; at 50% it surpasses both by quite a lot.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, as usual. ZOS took a set that needed a bit more of a fine tune of value adjustment and made it trash! Just what we needed with so many sets being so trash already. :)
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing...One guy is saying stuhns should penetrate 10% more armor for every heavy armor piece without actually equiping and testing how much resistances differ between armor types..The other guy is theorycrafting masters 2h build with brawler saying its gonna be op for bgs. This is why we can't have nice things in this game.

This PTS phase is always close to meaningless for PvP cause all you can do is theorycraft (and i see the tendency here that most people like to do it out of their ass) or do 1v1 duels with your mates. It never translates into live game performance. Stuff that sounds op on paper does not 100% mean it will be like that in practice. Why can't these idiotic nerf posts wait for once and let stuff make it out of pts to the live game? Do you people really think it's the sets that make or break your success in pvp?

It's a whole EXPANSION and 3 weeks into the pts we already have almost nothing exciting new or game changing to look forward to. We got a conditional spriggans set with more pen, amazing! That's totally gonna change playstyles...NOT
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is 100% up time 5k pen if you use acordingly. Spprigans was a decent set, this is potantialy stronger than it.

This set is not what it once was but new version is a decent set.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people arguing that 5k pen with an easily applicable condition (and crafted) is a trash set are the same people who think bloodspawn wasn't overtuned lol.

I respect the consistency though. Ya'll don't care about balance. You're just trying to murder someone.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the people that think this was an overnerf and the set is dead before arrival don't really understand how much this set offers, it may not be meta because more Damage == more Healing, but this set offers a crazy amount of uptime for high damage builds.
    • Crafted.
    • All bonuses double dip, extremely useful for hybrid builds, Penilials Aptitude is severely behind now that there is over 4-5 sets that double dip their bonuses.
    • Most pvp damage stat dense set in the game. (2 lines of damage, 2 lines of penetration, no crit, regen or max resources).
    • Easy proc for max 68% uptime in 1v1, but 100% uptime in 1v2+.
    • Easy proc + no CD makes it an excellent front or back bar option. 1 tick of damage to an off balanced target refreshes the 10s duration, effectively killing any need for Spriggan's unless that was your second static set, although Titanborn is arguably much stronger, definitely stronger past 75% hp.

NMA has the penalty of +5% cost for an extra 180 damage past Hundings on the 5 piece. Strong, but for many that already invest into a specific amount of sustain, they won't see any benefit from this set because they'd probably have to invest more into sustain somewhere else in their build making the extra static damage mute. NMA also craftable, but has 1 bonus as crit.

Armor of Truth, practically the same set but for weapon damage, has 1 line of crit and 1 line of max stamina. It's a dungeon set instead of being crafted making it harder to obtain the pieces you want, especially since farming for a weapon can be really annoying and it's most likely what you'd aim for since it's an excellent front bar option. It does not double dip any of it's stats.

For clarifcation, crit resist is going up for everyone making crit damage weaker. For people who use Malacath Band, it will completely negate all crit chance/damage, meaning you should aim for sets without crit chance bonuses. These 2 changes make Crit Chance even less valuable than it is on live, it was already the weakest bonus you could use for pvp unless you heavily invested into Crit Damage via race, class and sets OR you wanted more Surge procs for Sorc.

IMO in terms of pure damage: Penetration > Damage > Max Resource > Crit

Stuhn's Favour is simply great.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on May 4, 2020 10:52PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why craft is a factor lol?

Farming in eso is freaking ez
  • UrbWzrd
    UrbWzrd
    ✭✭
    Justified. Definitely not enough. Needs to be down to 10,000 at least. If not down to 8,000. Any lower will be far too much though, given the trouble. If this were a dropped set I might say otherwise but it’s crafted and EVERYONE will have it in its current state in PvP.

Considering the time and money I spend for crafting, it is absolutely more work then idly running the same dungeon over and over, which EVERYONE can do. So, no, it should be buffed to 15k.

Your play style does not justify anything.
  • UrbWzrd
    UrbWzrd
    ✭✭
    I believe if anything needs to be nerfed in this game, it is templar, especially its stupid magical spears.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a set that breaks the "tank" meta in PVP and everyone QQing about it, lets nerf it until we stop dying to it, this is whats wrong with PVP
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbWzrd wrote: »
    Justified. Definitely not enough. Needs to be down to 10,000 at least. If not down to 8,000. Any lower will be far too much though, given the trouble. If this were a dropped set I might say otherwise but it’s crafted and EVERYONE will have it in its current state in PvP.

Considering the time and money I spend for crafting, it is absolutely more work then idly running the same dungeon over and over, which EVERYONE can do. So, no, it should be buffed to 15k.

Your play style does not justify anything.

It’s actually in a very good state right now. Could use a buff to maybe 6-6.5k but awesome none-the-less
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf proc sets!!! Everything else can stay 👍
  • lP01NTBR3AKl
    lP01NTBR3AKl
    Soul Shriven
    Leave it alone
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for stupid question - where to you get these numbers ?
    My google says about this set: (5 items) Grants 5312 Physical and Spell Penetration for 10 seconds when you damage an Off-Balance enemy.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    Sorry for stupid question - where to you get these numbers ?
    My google says about this set: (5 items) Grants 5312 Physical and Spell Penetration for 10 seconds when you damage an Off-Balance enemy.

When they first introduced it to pts the 5p was much higher. This is an old threat.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 7, 2020 9:49PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dang Soul Shriven :D

Favourite class is Necro :P
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    ku5h wrote: »
    Universe wrote: »
    The set should be around 7K-8K, nothing more.

...and add it to ever growing graveyard of useless sets.
    Spriggan overperforms that even on builds that have off balance in their spammable.

uh... no. u got numbers to back this statement?

Well 7k pen over 7 sec and then 0 pen for 15 sec is far worse in my book then 3.5k constant pen and my stamblade would never make that trade.
    Maybe that's good for builds that go offensive only when ult dumping, but i'm not that guy.
    Also, we are talking about proc condition here that most mag wont have in their setup. Even as is i highly doubt it my magSorc would run it as a staple set.

The panetration duration refresh everytime you hit off balance enemy, so if you are constantly fight off balance player, the cooldown of the set can actualy be 8 secs instead of 15secs if you manages to hit them before the off balance goes on cooldown.