The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stuhn's Favor nerf.

• ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    ku5h wrote: »
    Universe wrote: »
    The set should be around 7K-8K, nothing more.

...and add it to ever growing graveyard of useless sets.
    Spriggan overperforms that even on builds that have off balance in their spammable.

uh... no. u got numbers to back this statement?

Well 7k pen over 7 sec and then 0 pen for 15 sec is far worse in my book then 3.5k constant pen and my stamblade would never make that trade.
    Maybe that's good for builds that go offensive only when ult dumping, but i'm not that guy.
    Also, we are talking about proc condition here that most mag wont have in their setup. Even as is i highly doubt it my magSorc would run it as a staple set.

• Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about the Stamina Necromancer using it with Truth and a 2 handed weapon.

Only reason I said Magplar is because the person I quoted is a known, and very good, magplar main.

Stamcro is stupid. And with this set, it's gonna be even more cancerous.

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giljabrar wrote: »
    game already has a set that gives major berserk for 6 seconds. The new set is fine. people are just scared of damage

Me thinks the Magplar main just wants his topple charge combos to hit like a mach truck :tongue:

I'd be more worried about the Stamina Necromancer using it with Truth and a 2 handed weapon.

Can you imagine a Stamcro getting a dizzy off balance and then immediately hitting a Goliath on you. If the ult alone doesn’t kill you. You will be toast by 3 seconds after with the Necro dealing over 60% more damage to you.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    game already has a set that gives major berserk for 6 seconds. The new set is fine. people are just scared of damage

lol that's like saying people are just scared of getting hit by cars
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if off balance is removed after getting stunned or does it stay for the whole duration. If it gets removed when stunned then it wont be that good with dizzy swing as it only boosts 1 dizzy swing damage or 2 if it works with the initial hit.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    Anyone know if off balance is removed after getting stunned or does it stay for the whole duration. If it gets removed when stunned then it wont be that good with dizzy swing as it only boosts 1 dizzy swing damage or 2 if it works with the initial hit.

I'm not certain what you're asking... The buff from the set is to the caster, it's not a debuff on the target. Anyhow, no, off balance lasts the whole duration. It can't be cleansed or consumed anymore. Hence the long cool down.
    Edited by GetAgrippa on May 1, 2020 7:59PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The very nature of this set will make it OP or useless. Even at 9k it will be OP in pvp, especially on a werewolf next patch.
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭

Off balance is consumed when you stun a target with a medium/heavy attack, but not from a second dizzy swing from my understanding
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Off balance is consumed when you stun a target with a medium/heavy attack, but not from a second dizzy swing from my understanding

It is not consumed anymore. That was implemented for quite some time already, since in PvE only one heavy attack would take it off an enemy boss and the whole trial group would suffer.
    Therefore offbalance stays the whole duration.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf is not nearly enough.

In PvP, with a 5-1-1- setup and Major Resolve (+5280 armor) active, I got 16400 Spell Resistence and 14600 Physical Resistence.

That set alone nearly wipes out my entire resistences against stamina builds, which will be the main benefactors and users of this set. At this point, what's the point of bringing resistences to a fight? They get nulified in an instant anyway!

Won't effect stamina builds nearly as adversely b/c they got dodge roll and block which still mitigate all or at least a large proportion of the damage regardless of what your resistences are.

So it is not only a bad design in general but also severely exacerbates the already existing imbalance in PvP favoring stamina builds.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

In PvP, with a 5-1-1- setup and Major Resolve (+5280 armor) active, I got 16400 Spell Resistence and 14600 Physical Resistence.

That set alone nearly wipes out my entire resistences against stamina builds, which will be the main benefactors and users of this set. At this point, what's the point of bringing resistences to a fight? They get nulified in an instant anyway!

Won't effect stamina builds nearly as adversely b/c they got dodge roll and block which still mitigate all or at least a large proportion of the damage regardless of what your resistences are.

So it is not only a bad design in general but also severely exacerbates the already existing imbalance in PvP favoring stamina builds.

If you play in light and have a crappy armor buff, remove it from your bar next patch.

Don't spend a skill slot and Magicka for that, anyway you will have 0 resistances.

The new 0 is at 20k, if you invest for resist and barely hit that, just remove what you have invested and put damage.

F boundless strom.
    Edited by Aedaryl on May 2, 2020 10:03AM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Galarthor wrote: »

If you play in light and have a crappy armor buff, remove it from your bar next patch.

Don't spend a skill slot and Magicka for that, anyway you will have 0 resistances.

The new 0 is at 20k, if you invest for resist and barely hit that, just remove what you have invested and put damage.

F boundless strom.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, unlike stamina builds, magicka builds can not embrace the heavy armor tank meta due to a lack of viable options. And not every class got passive mitigations and enemy damage debuffs like necros do ...
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me thinks the Magplar main just wants his topple charge combos to hit like a mach truck :tongue:

I was thinking more for stamblade honestly :p
    Edited by Alchimiste1 on May 2, 2020 10:11PM
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Does Stuhn's Favor activate after using an attack that sets an enemy off-balance, or during the attack that sets them off balance? Simply put, I am wondering if the damage of the ability that procs off-balance, such as Concealed Weapon, is also being boosted by Stuhn's.

Your initial hit is NOT buffed by Stuhn. I was just testing it with Dizzy and Surprise Attack. That also means you get a 6s window if you apply Off Balance yourself instead of 7s.
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd still very much like to see this set reworked to a % form of penetration.

And I feel like I just need to keep saying that on places on the forum lol
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still too high of a flat value for too generic a proc condition (and no drawback like Titanborn).
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Yuke wrote: »
    every change that doesnt change the absolute value into a relative value is a waste of time

This. Stuhn was introduced byo fight high armor meta, but with flat number it counters low armor meta even more... And even with % based stats it should have limits 1-10k at best. Also trigger should be changed or Off-Balance should be easier to access for all specs, not just 2h dizzy spammers.

well this could be fixed...but on the cost of server perfomance

if the set would grant Pen in relation of the enemies armor type, then it might be okey (not careing about the numbers now)

If it would grant extra 10% more pen, for each heavyarmor piece an enemy has equipped, and reduce the pen for each light or medium piece worn, then it might become usefull as a tank countering set...but then again in an AOE fight, this set can put so much load on the servers, if it calculates the Pen for each enemy separatly.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you imagine a Stamcro getting a dizzy off balance and then immediately hitting a Goliath on you. If the ult alone doesn’t kill you. You will be toast by 3 seconds after with the Necro dealing over 60% more damage to you.

my DK Leap when all wep dmg proc at 6k, is around 28k.

Dizzy then Leap can kill people where you can't dodge roll.

y'know, I spent a few nights and really taking a note to off-balance using Combat Log and spamming Dizzying.... honestly, it's less than 30% (more or less).

I might be changing my mind and agreeing with @ku5h there that 3.5k constant can be better than 7k every now and then.....

oh well, I'll try it next month but I'm keeping my Spriggan set handy lol
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Stuhn's Favor activate after using an attack that sets an enemy off-balance, or during the attack that sets them off balance? Simply put, I am wondering if the damage of the ability that procs off-balance, such as Concealed Weapon, is also being boosted by Stuhn's.

Your initial hit is NOT buffed by Stuhn. I was just testing it with Dizzy and Surprise Attack. That also means you get a 6s window if you apply Off Balance yourself instead of 7s.

with the lag these days, more like 2-3 sec window....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Yuke wrote: »
    every change that doesnt change the absolute value into a relative value is a waste of time

This. Stuhn was introduced byo fight high armor meta, but with flat number it counters low armor meta even more... And even with % based stats it should have limits 1-10k at best. Also trigger should be changed or Off-Balance should be easier to access for all specs, not just 2h dizzy spammers.

well this could be fixed...but on the cost of server perfomance

if the set would grant Pen in relation of the enemies armor type, then it might be okey (not careing about the numbers now)

If it would grant extra 10% more pen, for each heavyarmor piece an enemy has equipped, and reduce the pen for each light or medium piece worn, then it might become usefull as a tank countering set...but then again in an AOE fight, this set can put so much load on the servers, if it calculates the Pen for each enemy separatly.

As if med/ light armor builds couldn't reach resistance cap.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Power of the light> Topple charge> Dawn breaker> jabs

How's that for a 6 second window? Lmfao silly your dead
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree, but let me have 3 months of it on my magplar first.

Well, RIP. They overnerfed it.

Sthun’s Favor: This set now grants 5312 Physical and Spell Penetration for 10 seconds when you damage an Off Balance enemy, rather than passively granting 11,130 of each versus Off Balance targets
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on May 4, 2020 5:47PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Overnerfed? Probably
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well unfortunately ZOS only has feedback from how people feel it will perform in PvP, because no REAL PvP action is happening. Duels are good and all but only represent a small portion of PvP. The other feedback they are getting is how it will perform in PvE but overall that's a different side of the game and majority of PvE, except for endgame, is easy.

Probably an over nerf of this set.
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭
    This just got nerfed so badly that it's pretty much useless. I'd rather use Spriggan with its 100% up time, even though it potentially gives 3, 349 Penetration less. Whoever decided that this is a good idea and balanced, did a very poor job.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

I agree, but let me have 3 months of it on my magplar first.

Well, RIP. They overnerfed it.

Sthun’s Favor: This set now grants 5312 Physical and Spell Penetration for 10 seconds when you damage an Off Balance enemy, rather than passively granting 11,130 of each versus Off Balance targets

Its now a mirror version of armor of truth but with penetration instead of weapon damage. Keep in mind, that it will now have an uptime of ~ 17/22 seconds in a 1v1. Imo, it doesn't sound useless, but I don't think it will be a top tier set either. Still playable though, so in all honesty I'm happy about this change. Definitely healthier than the op version from the previous PTS.

Edit: And since its now a buff that sticks to your char you can afterwards attack players that are not off balance and still benefit from it.
    Edited by HankTwo on May 4, 2020 6:03PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Well unfortunately ZOS only has feedback from how people feel it will perform in PvP, because no REAL PvP action is happening. Duels are good and all but only represent a small portion of PvP. The other feedback they are getting is how it will perform in PvE but overall that's a different side of the game and majority of PvE, except for endgame, is easy.

Probably an over nerf of this set.

Nobody was ever going to use this set in PvE due to over pen. This is 100% a pvp set, and the change was 100% for pvp.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on May 4, 2020 6:01PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You know they wouldn't buff Surprise Attack the way they did and leave Stuhn unchanged.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf was inevitable.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overnerf, rofl. Sets being put to their place and not overperforming for no reason like NMA are now called overnerfed.