The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuhn's Favor nerf.

GetAgrippa
GetAgrippa
✭✭✭✭✭
Stuhn’s Favor: Reduced the penetration granted from this set to 11130, down from 13355, to better account for its AoE effectiveness.

Is this enough? Too much? Discuss.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not nearly enough, especially as long as it's tied to something that's so trivial and "second nature" for some builds to trigger, while only available through RNG for others.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Justified. Definitely not enough. Needs to be down to 10,000 at least. If not down to 8,000. Any lower will be far too much though, given the trouble. If this were a dropped set I might say otherwise but it’s crafted and EVERYONE will have it in its current state in PvP.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on May 1, 2020 4:50PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The set should be around 7K-8K, nothing more.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd really like to see this tied to a different mechanic and/or be a target based debuff rather than a self buff. I don't know what mechanic it should be tied to though. There are simply too many sources of off balance currently, and with the huge cool down to it, it's incredibly difficult to balance. That's my two cents.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very strange indeed that the one clearly overtuned set escapes the dreaded 30% meganerf that that the combat team applies to seemingly every other set in the game.

That said, I don't want to call for any additional nerfs: but a re-imagining of this set would be welcome.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, off balance is a really frustrating PvP mechanic. But it is readily available with Dizzy for stam... and for some NB builds, anyway.

This set seems like too much still, and I would rather see it be similar to Truth in terms of triggering and in terms of amount of buff provided (Which would be closer to like 6-7k pen or so). As I said in another thread, it is providing the equivalent of something like 7X normal line set bonuses - that is way more than any other existing set, and while it has a long CD, its CD isnt as long as e.g. Clever, and while it isn't entirely reliable, in a lot of situations with dizzy spam it can be.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »

...and add it to ever growing graveyard of useless sets.
    Spriggan overperforms that even on builds that have off balance in their spammable.
  • Charon_on_Vacation
    Charon_on_Vacation
    ✭✭✭✭
    they should rework the set.
    it was a stupd idea to begin with.
    either % based or something else entirely.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it is fine.
    Playing since beta...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It probably should not be more than 8k.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

Spriggan overperforms that even on builds that have off balance in their spammable.

Spriggans vs this set would be a meaningful tradeoff at 7-8K pen when active... In a direct comparison ... Giving up 2K stam for ~3X the total penetration when OB is active or ~half the penetration when it isn't, plus a second line of weapon damage... I would say for builds with easy OB access and heavy burst combos, it would be better than spriggans. Spriggans would be better for other builds that are oriented more towards constant pressure.

The relative CD is deceptive because of how much damage >12K penetration is and how relatively easy it would be to line up burst combos in the duration of OB.
    Edited by mav1234 on April 27, 2020 8:47PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    I think it is fine.

thats exactly what i think as well.

i prefer it stay as is at 11000, any lower and it will make the set useless and no one will use it.
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »

Spriggans vs this set would be a meaningful tradeoff at 7-8K pen when active... In a direct comparison ... Giving up 2K stam for ~3X the total penetration when OB is active or ~half the penetration when it isn't, plus a second line of weapon damage... I would say for builds with easy OB access and heavy burst combos, it would be better than spriggans. Spriggans would be better for other builds that are oriented more towards constant pressure.

The relative CD is deceptive because of how much damage >12K penetration is and how relatively easy it would be to line up burst combos in the duration of OB.

Off balance is what, 7 out of 22 seconds? The pen bonus needs to be large to justify such a narrow burst window, especially when the 5pc doesn't contribute at all to your healing or sustain. It's like a clever alchemist - narrow burst window in return for higher maximum damage.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it as is... but have it lower your armor by the same amount, Kiss Curses for everyone! Muhahahahaha!
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every change that doesnt change the absolute value into a relative value is a waste of time
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cheemers wrote: »
    mav1234 wrote: »

Off balance is what, 7 out of 22 seconds? The pen bonus needs to be large to justify such a narrow burst window, especially when the 5pc doesn't contribute at all to your healing or sustain. It's like a clever alchemist - narrow burst window in return for higher maximum damage.

Hmm... taking this argument to the extreme (!) would justify every overperforming set if the cooldown is just long enough. How about a 5p that reads "one shots your current target. This happens once every 15 minutes."?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, certain classes can have this up whenever they like, by the push of a button (unless on cooldown) so the dmg will be easy to have available. Why would anyone use a set like spriggans ever again.. rip.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    every change that doesnt change the absolute value into a relative value is a waste of time

This. Stuhn was introduced byo fight high armor meta, but with flat number it counters low armor meta even more... And even with % based stats it should have limits 1-10k at best. Also trigger should be changed or Off-Balance should be easier to access for all specs, not just 2h dizzy spammers.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be interesting if this set were made into like a reverse-Pariah.

Give some sort of a scaling damage buff against enemies that have higher Armor Ratings so that it actually fulfills its purpose as a tank-killer without also punishing lower Armor builds.

Either that or convert it to a Penetration percentage to again scale better against higher Armor.
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still in favor of making this a scaling anti-tank set, that does damage based off of how much Resistances the enemy has
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anything over 6k is op
  • Hooded_1
    Hooded_1
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a fun idea for Stuhn's Favour... If everyone is running this set in PvP, why not run Pariah to hard counter it?

For this reason I think this set is fine.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooded_1 wrote: »
    Here's a fun idea for Stuhn's Favour... If everyone is running this set in PvP, why not run Pariah to hard counter it?

For this reason I think this set is fine.

That's exactly how the tank meta was born with everyone stacking resists to survive against triple proc stamblades. Soon people realize they can still kill and it is simply easier to play with higher survival setups.
    Edited by nsmurfer on April 28, 2020 12:00AM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    Stuhn’s Favor: Reduced the penetration granted from this set to 11130, down from 13355, to better account for its AoE effectiveness.

Is this enough? Too much? Discuss.

compared to all other set in live right now?

this is like giving prison mates michelin-starred prime ribs for dinner, then after a week "ah sorry, instead of 13 oz cut, it'll be 11 oz per person now. you still want it or wanna go back to beans and potatoes?"
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

uh... no. u got numbers to back this statement?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    game already has a set that gives major berserk for 6 seconds. The new set is fine. people are just scared of damage
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No way spriggans over performs this set lol. I've seen people showing that this set has a 20ish % more damage than nma..... Take that in lol.

Now think of just not this armor set....... Team this up with clever and barlog monster set....... Yep do you want to have a dk hit a dizzy swing then a leap and kill you? I sure don't. Or how about a Templar that hits you with power of the light to topple charge to Dawn breaker to jabs...... Yep these things will happen and with just that armor pen right now that will be what somewhere around 23kish armor pen? That leaves your opponent with maybe 2-6 k resistances with no solution.

I thought this was eso PVP not call if duty where people die in 1 second?
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    game already has a set that gives major berserk for 6 seconds. The new set is fine. people are just scared of damage

Me thinks the Magplar main just wants his topple charge combos to hit like a mach truck :tongue:
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giljabrar wrote: »

Me thinks the Magplar main just wants his topple charge combos to hit like a mach truck :tongue:

I'd be more worried about the Stamina Necromancer using it with Truth and a 2 handed weapon.
    Playing since beta...
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does Stuhn's Favor activate after using an attack that sets an enemy off-balance, or during the attack that sets them off balance? Simply put, I am wondering if the damage of the ability that procs off-balance, such as Concealed Weapon, is also being boosted by Stuhn's.