The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ballgroup cyrodill infestation

Tammany
Tammany
✭✭✭✭
There is one positive not obvious point that MYM event has - ballgroup prevention due to huge que times.

Well, now event is gone, what do we have from a random player perspective, who joined DC/AD side for non cp ?

You go this keep - ballgroup.
You go that keep - ballgroup
You go recources - ballgroup.
You decide to chace a scroll - even bigger ballgroup.
Every day there are more ballgropups, they are bigged and more active.

"uh oh let them have fun it takes some effort uh oh so hard to organize uh oh"
[snip]
Typical ballgroup tryhard performance. Serious gameplay is serious.

Note the ms, lag around these groups usually so damn hard it basicly prevents all coordinated actions for pugs.
You negate here, ballgrpoup appears there. Meanwhile spamming aoe spells and heals is not a big problem in a lag.

Unlike you, these brave boys do not need severe coordinated actions, they are coordinated only in their forums posts while defending their abusive playstyle.
Siege weapons, the very meaning of mass destruction, are useless due to simple fact that cleanse(purge) removes all negative effects from friendly targets, easy spammable and HEALS in additional, oh wow. [snip] Most mmorpg games have a strict purge mechanic (f.e. only magic school of spells), eso one is a real meme. Guys, we have a huge trebuchetes with long load that intended to deal huge dot damage to crowds, lets counter 3 of them with 1 spammable spell. Pepega.
Heal stacking - even when pug acts alltogether and manages to negate + nuke, damage is not enough because this precious game allows multiple layers of healing, so layer of hots is so fat you literally need 3:1 attackers to break hot regenerating "shield" that restores almost all not instadead damage immediately. Detonate magic, the spell that has been made to counter people stacking ? In the same position - you need tons of people with DM to nuke down overhealing health stacked tryharders.

Developers should clearly look at cleanse and heal stacking in a pvp aspect.

[Edited to remove Naming and Shaming and Bashing ]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 10, 2020 11:58AM
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    You should probably blur the names in that post since it is technically naming and shaming according to forum rules
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should probably blur the names in that post since it is technically naming and shaming according to forum rules

The people in the screenshot are fine with the post :D
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on July 10, 2020 4:18AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proper way to beat a ball group is with another ball group. If you are ungrouped or with a PUG, best not to bother.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personaly find ball groups the most disgusting thing to happen in Cyrodiil. Yet there is -as far as i can judge- not much to do about it without affecting other gameplay.

So i suggest to just ignore them, if not possible dont aproach in their face, go from the back or the sides, annoy them with stuns as much as possible, always be rady to roll out when they start dumping ultimates.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    I personaly find ball groups the most disgusting thing to happen in Cyrodiil. Yet there is -as far as i can judge- not much to do about it without affecting other gameplay.

Cleanse should not remove siege weapon debuffs and dots, currently all these weapons are countered by one spammable spell, this is trully absurd. We already have a -50% damage shield easy to use, add here cleanse and a group can literally afk against 6+ cold fire ballistas firing at them in additional to useless fire oils that looks like a lotion oil due to cleanse.
    Edited by Tammany on July 10, 2020 7:00AM
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    You are right to play the game and see that ball groups can escape everything. I struggled with this for a long time and changes in the game didn't help to prevent this. Be strong and take it!

Ballgroups are like non added value for a company. We put a lot of wastes in, and that will result in looking for something else quicker.....or?

GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP thinks that it is 12 man ballgroups and not the 50+ players that try to zerg them down that are the main cause of lag? :)

The problem is not ballgroups / small scalers / solo players / zerg surfers / questers but people who do not tolerate other people's play style.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »
    The problem is not ballgroups / small scalers / solo players / zerg surfers / questers
    Do not even mention small scallers, soloers, zergs and questers in the same line with ballgrouping.
    Your aoe group spamming "playstyle" gonna be dead as soon as developers look at healing stacking abuse.
  • JiChaMa
    JiChaMa
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly!!!
    I am a quester and ropleplayer by heart. I can't be asked that my argonian who barely escaped slavery in the alik'r desert weares armor made by her old masters.
    So I am really handicapped in fighting those ballgroup players that have thousands and thousands of hours of pvp experience.
    I have seen there skill bars. They only slot 1 skill + 1 ult on their bars. The 4 other slots are completly empty. You can check that in their videos btw.
    When I log onto my poor argonian and place a coldharbour ballista it SHOULD kill them.
    It takes a really long time to acquire these. It was a long and hard journey for my little argonian to finally be the owner of one. Heartwarming story, but for another day :)
    The hist rewarded me with a weapon of so much power. My argonian is very grateful.
    But it is not killing them!
    I recommend high cooldowns on skills. Around 30-40s at least. So my hope is that it would result in less war and a more peaceful tamriel.
    May the hist guide you.
    Housing and Fashion
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    MipMip wrote: »
    The problem is not ballgroups / small scalers / solo players / zerg surfers / questers
    Do not even mention small scallers, soloers, zergs and questers in the same line with ballgrouping.
    Your aoe group spamming "playstyle" gonna be dead as soon as developers look at healing stacking abuse.
    Hate to break it to you, but the devs won’t ever be able to nerf a well-organized group in voice comms. You can’t nerf cooperation. Gear may change, skills may change, but you’ll still die to these groups.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if people just didnt feed them. I mean the score is usually garbage in every campaign anyway. Just move elsewhere whenever you see it and they won't have any purpose. Screw the scrolls and anything else, just dont he farmed.

Problem is, nearly everyone will respond to the crossed swords and stay there regardless of what's going on rather than start a different front. We even lit another keep the other day but DC just kept getting farmed at Ash by 2 ball groups rather than come help while the rest of the enemy faction came at 8 of us.
    Edited by technohic on July 10, 2020 5:29PM
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you, but the devs won’t ever be able to nerf a well-organized group in voice comms. You can’t nerf cooperation. Gear may change, skills may change, but you’ll still die to these groups.
    All your "skilled cooperation" lasts untill cleanse guy is alive.
    Once again, do not match your abusive ballgroup with standart organised group of people.
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »

Cleanse should not remove siege weapon debuffs and dots, currently all these weapons are countered by one spammable spell, this is trully absurd. We already have a -50% damage shield easy to use, add here cleanse and a group can literally afk against 6+ cold fire ballistas firing at them in additional to useless fire oils that looks like a lotion oil due to cleanse.

Imagine calling cleanse a spammable skill
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    All your "skilled cooperation" lasts untill cleanse guy is alive.
    Once again, do not match your abusive ballgroup with standart organised group of people.

It really sounds like you and others in this thread have no idea what an organized does and are just parroting hearsay.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most players flock to where the action is regardless of the size of group they are in. So ball groups are pretty irrelevant to this. Also, there are likely fewer players in groups that are 20+ today than back when the game launched. Heck. I was in one zerg that was about 100 players large. They had started their 5th group and they were not the only large group for that alliance at the time. While I no longer run in large groups I doubt we could have the numbers in large groups at the same time today as back then due to smaller pop caps.
  • Dat
    Dat
    ✭✭✭
    Well this has been the most entertaining thread of the day. Lol "cleanse a spammable" "aoe skills and heals have no trouble going off in lag" this keeps getting more and more rich.

This seems like another case of "I cant kill everything by myself so it needs nerfed".
  • Antrox41
    Antrox41
    ✭✭
    Seems like just another thread of someone who is clearly very ignorant towards the subject at hand. I'm sorry we're playing pvp in Cyrodiil how it was intended I guess?

These threads are both sad and hilarious.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiChaMa wrote: »
    Exactly!!!
    I am a quester and ropleplayer by heart. I can't be asked that my argonian who barely escaped slavery in the alik'r desert weares armor made by her old masters.
    So I am really handicapped in fighting those ballgroup players that have thousands and thousands of hours of pvp experience.
    I have seen there skill bars. They only slot 1 skill + 1 ult on their bars. The 4 other slots are completly empty. You can check that in their videos btw.
    When I log onto my poor argonian and place a coldharbour ballista it SHOULD kill them.
    It takes a really long time to acquire these. It was a long and hard journey for my little argonian to finally be the owner of one. Heartwarming story, but for another day :)
    The hist rewarded me with a weapon of so much power. My argonian is very grateful.
    But it is not killing them!
    I recommend high cooldowns on skills. Around 30-40s at least. So my hope is that it would result in less war and a more peaceful tamriel.
    May the hist guide you.
    You sir, win the forums. /clap
  • Dat
    Dat
    ✭✭✭
    Feelskadar
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually rum behind them and root and kill them but when they start using necro ulti to revive. *** this *** and move on.
    But it can be fun fighting them. Not all ball group are good. Most of them easily wiped. They started to panic or make mistake when they lose member. If they cant be killed after few minutes i just move on. Beside not much AP fighting them, they know how to siege from beyond keep premise that give dtick. Zerg however you can got AP from those.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the big issue, is the time consumption we use for their fun. Sure, ballgroups are entertained for those 45 minutes to an hour of wall running, with zero intent to do anything else, but for everyone else it’s just a big bleh.

I’m fighting a war, not participating in Guild Wars, personal drama, inside drama, who said what in the wrong tone, who stole who’s candy.

It’s just becoming mind numbing boring. And I’m thinking all of those “not invited into the drama” aka the casual player on those factions aren’t having their fun either.

Map barely moved yesterday evening in the non-cp on Eu. At least the MYM did its positive in the campaign, but now it’s done and we are back to usual.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    SmukkeHeks wrote: »
    It’s just becoming mind numbing boring. And I’m thinking all of those “not invited into the drama” aka the casual player on those factions aren’t having their fun either.
    Red ballgroup has been wiped 2 times by blue one and started to dodge bvb fights.
    True challengers, prefer to fight weak puggerss scattered across the keeps.

There are two kind of people who may defend this "style" - ballgrpoup members and who constantly dodge ballgroups. We had a funny guy yesterday writing in a chat how everyone is terrible and should learn to play, have no clue how to fight ballgroups. I've messaged him an invitation for ballgroup event, so he can demonstrate his skill and knowledge in a fight against balgroups.
    Predictably he did nothing but wrote me a wall of text how good he is and how bad everyone is who does not like ballgroups.

After ~20 minutes i've found that hero - typical solo gankbade afking on the clifs for like 40 minutes (note the chat scroll).
    dMq0aLa.png
    He woke after we managed to clear the ballgrpoup. Maybe in his world lp2 issue is when you close the game or become an afker each time you meet a ballgroup ?

Funny part how these ballgroup defenders comparing ballgroups with some good solo or team work implying these who cry over ballgroups cry the same river over last ones. Nope, i've been *** by very skilled pl;ayers many times, being ganked by coordinated NB team that leaves no chance for the same amount of pug people, yet NOONE cried over them.
    Yeah, noone. Thats absolutely different - solo players are good, team players are good, ballgrpoups are good only in game abuse with heal and shield stacking, thats why they are mindlessly ramble around fear of nothing but the same ballgroups.
    Edited by Tammany on July 12, 2020 9:46AM
  • Deathweeps
    Deathweeps
    ✭✭✭
    I literally built a character for PvP to negate, time stop, hinder, and debuff FOR ball groups simply as a support against them which has worked amazingly...HOWEVER, that is literally all he is used for. If you see a little green man on the DC side with a wizards hat on name Arcvantrylian running around, that be the build lol
    The bravest man in the world is a man that cooks bacon in the nude.
    -Deathweeps-
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE AOE

No point trying to Single Target as they just negate purge heal it all not to mention they are not all running Snow Treds so good luck stunning them
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine still thinking in 2020 that nerfing skill X/Y/Z will do something to ball groups :D
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Not to really just hurt ball groups but zergs in general. I kind of wish they would implement something that makes you take more damage by being surrounded by more of a faction and/or group. Basically do what proxy det does. I know this wouldn't be that popular, but tbh hammer zergs with emp are just kind of unbeatable.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see the effect limiting more healing/buff procs to group members only will have.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball grouping is the end game for PvP. Get 10 people together, set up all your skills, and gear to work off your teammates, and then go wipe everyone..

The only people that should wipe Ball Groups, are Ball Groups. If you are a solo player, small scale player, or zergling, you will die to a good ball group. Thats what Ball Groups do.

[snip]

*signed a ball grouper*

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 30, 2020 7:58PM
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash427 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see the effect limiting more healing/buff procs to group members only will have.

It's a slight buff to ball groups and organized raids who actually use those support sets and now are guaranteed to get the procs.

Since I use one of those sets, the only difference it makes for me is that when I'm playing without my guild, my set is useless as support if I choose to zerg surf instead of joining a PUG raid.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats more casual than spaming whirly blades while healers keep you alive? :D
This discussion has been closed.