The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are Werewolves fun?

JMadFour
JMadFour
✭✭✭✭✭
Just occurred to me, that I've never actually played a Werewolf. Mainly because I can never really find a Stamina-based class/build/whatever that I enjoy, all my characters are Magicka focused.

All my discussion about how I am enjoying the Vampire rework, got me to thinking about how the other side(so to speak) is.

Any full-time WWs wanna give some insight? Are WW tanks a thing at all? Overall, are WWs fun to play, what is the playstyle like? Do you actually use the WW skills in dungeons and stuff, or is it basically just for questing?
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now is your chance - before the next patch!

Jump in! Jump on! Jump around! All of the skills are at their minor / major buffs top, ATM.

S.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From strictly casual viewpoint, WW is plenty fun. I find particular fun in running with a pack eating anything that lives - and attempting to eat occasional guard.

I have not played ESO for some time (I expect at least game controls working reliably before I bother) but think WW is at the moment in pretty good spot. So try now while it lasts.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think If you want to play WW on a magicka build - you can. But if you want to play with at least "decent" level of effectivness - you should at least hybridize a bit. The only magicka costing skill is WW heal. But it scales with your max health & crit from highest offensive stat. And since all other WW skills cost stamina & scale with stamina - it is way more effective to have weapon dmg & weapon crit. Basically, the only magicka stat that are relevant on WW is atleast 15K magicka pool and some magicka recovery, so you could cast heals more often. But even then it is not mandatory, as on a decent stamina build, you can use Claws of live for a decent HOT.

As for WW tanking, the core set is Tormentor set. It makes your WW pounce taunt enemies. Without that set, you have no taunt on a WW (a basic tool that every tank needs to have).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 9, 2020 6:58AM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf is decent i just dont like the outdated look of it. I would love to have somekind of skin i could apply to look like Balorgh. This looks sick af. Ofc mit as big as him :D
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any full-time WWs wanna give some insight? Are WW tanks a thing at all? Overall, are WWs fun to play, what is the playstyle like? Do you actually use the WW skills in dungeons and stuff, or is it basically just for questing?

I was werewolf almost everywhere, most of time - but only till June 2016. They made awful change to my favourite morph back then :/ Still, I re-morphed to Berserker and was transforming in PvE and PvP, just less than before. And then over time there were different changes and nerfs, which reduced the amount of my transformations to almost zero.

Since Greymoor, I transform only in PvP (battlegrounds and IC during zergy events), when I see that my team/my allies around me suck. I either use my normal abilities, to provide healing/utility for decent allies around me OR I transform into werewolf :D It's my way to say: "Ok, you don't help me and don't take advantage of utility I provide, so I won't provide anything".

For me, werewolf nowadays is useless and not fun :/
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on their mood. Some can be fun...some can be grumpy. It just depends on the wolf itself.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know: i never heard one telling a joke... ;)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »
    I don't know: i never heard one telling a joke... ;)

Fur real?
    Werewolves sent me over the moon!
    I'd lycan the experience to a full fledged comedy experience, they have me howling every time.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 9, 2020 4:03PM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried werewolf on my stamden after not being one for a while. Got a quadrakill my first BG. I'm impressed.
    PvP needs more love.
  • VoluptaBox
    VoluptaBox
    ✭✭✭
    It's the one thing I consistently struggle against in BGs (as a StamDK). They just get in my face and I can't seem to be able to deal with it.

Never tried it, but from the outside it does look fun and I'm definitely going to give it a try.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could play it on my Magden it would be!
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really interesting play if you have a group working together.. A very unique form of gameplay. Might never be optimal, but it’s great fun.

The Tormentor set makes werewolf tanking a possibility
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The feeding mechanic keeps me from playing my werewolf. It totally breaks up the flow of combat and the interface is annoying.
    In order to keep your werewolf form active you have to keep feeding off dead enemies. This means after every battle you have to stop what your doing, look for a dead body, hover the mouse over, keep searching with your mouse till the prompt pops up, then press "Key" to feed. And then repeat after every battle.
    If you do not do this, you will drop werewolf form in a short period of time.
    In group content, which is mostly what I do, this is a huge hassle and I just can't keep it up. Also the werewolf attacks are kind of boring, you only have two or three attacks you just spam over and over.

Edited by Myyth on July 9, 2020 7:33PM