Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so, do you hate imperial city yet?

• Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    VoluptaBox wrote: »
    There's a ton more recent threads going around :disappointed :)

Hah! Blame Google, I didn't use forum search. :D
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before this event, I'd set foot in there exactly once, to get my MYM laurels. It lasted maybe a minute, I understood NOTHING (didn't know how the ladders, doors, tunnel, districts work), got really lucky that I encountered no one except for my own alliance turning a flag and noped off.

Found out this event that I really love it. The only time you hate it is if you go in there wanting to only experience a certain part of it. That's on us as a player, and something I had to work a bit to try and get out if my mindset. Going in trying to just run through and get this quest done without interruption or distraction is MISERABLE. But it's because I go in with unrealistic expectations. If you go into IC with the expectation of experiencing IC and everything it is, you will have a much better time. I'm surprised to find myself spending most of my time in IC right now, hoping for something exciting to happen. I'm still hardly good at PVP, and I'm sure my TelVar are nicely weighing down someone else's pockets, but it's a type of content that has so much to offer and in a very unique way. It's the mix of things that makes it shine.

You don't have to like it of course, if you are just in it for the event tickets then you gotta pop some invisibility pots and do your one quest (but even then, you will have a better time if you expect to die a few times and accept that). But I also think a lot of people are ruining IC for themselves by going in stubbornly wanting it to be something it's not, and inevitably getting frustrated when they experience the outcome they set themselves up for: disappointment.
    The one thing ZOS could really take from IC for PVE is a No-CP zone. That makes the PVE aspect much more fun.
    Edited by Raisin on July 7, 2020 12:22PM
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyrudin wrote: »
    Did we really need to revive an old thread from a different event?

211kd3.jpg

LOL, well, it was either that or create a new one, but I don't think it has changed from event to event or lost relevancy.
    If ZOS considers this a bad necro, I'll post my reply as a new thread.

211kd3.jpg

LOL, well, it was either that or create a new one, but I don't think it has changed from event to event or lost relevancy.

It's all so very relevant and shows nothing has changed.

Other than "I don't like it' I've yet to see any real arguments why it should change.

I hate repeating myself but

"IC feels like a failed experiment of forcing together pvp and pve content that they had to end giving away for free yet is hardly even that active outside of events and any time I've looked at the bars for it all alliances sit on one and that's with far fewer instances than it has in events. May have done better if they just focused on the pve instead of forcing pvers to pvp but here we are and yet it hasn't changed at all and the event has brought out all the people who do the described behaviors in IC."

This exactly. It's not just 'I don't like it. But it was a nice attempt to ignore the arguments against it and pretend we were all just saying we don't like it. Actually no, that's a lie. It's a terrible attempt at that.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it had worked as intended they wouldn't have had to give it away for free and it'd be far more active outside of events. I mean how many of the 'dlc' content have they given away for free before? None as far as I'm aware. This to me shows they know it wasn't working so gave it to everyone in hopes that would help yet even with that it hasn't.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on having anything even vaguely approaching "fun" with this event. It's nothing but an exercise in annoyance getting the tickets each day. After I do it, I go do my actual gameplay.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you probably gank people like me who just want the stupid tickets they put behind a PvP wall.

You can also get the tickets in white gold tower or imperial city prison both which are pve.

If you’re going into a pvp zone and expecting other players not to kill you, you obviously don’t understand what PVP stands for.

What about leads? There are specific leads that can only be gotten in IC & the sewers?

Before you say 'well there's all this pve content us pvpers have to do to get certain things' I'd say sure, but do you have other players continually stopping you from getting those things in pve content?

You don't & that's the difference.
  • WastedJoker
    WastedJoker
    ✭✭✭
    I think a big issue with IC is embedded in how OP some builds/classes can be. All classes are equal but some are more equal than others.

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll!
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you probably gank people like me who just want the stupid tickets they put behind a PvP wall.

You can also get the tickets in white gold tower or imperial city prison both which are pve.

If you’re going into a pvp zone and expecting other players not to kill you, you obviously don’t understand what PVP stands for.

What about leads? There are specific leads that can only be gotten in IC & the sewers?

Before you say 'well there's all this pve content us pvpers have to do to get certain things' I'd say sure, but do you have other players continually stopping you from getting those things in pve content?

Leads didn't exist 9 months ago.
    Edited by Raisin on July 7, 2020 1:35PM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they do now and I love it, because these leads re-fanned my interest in IC... well, I just went there for the tickets and dailies as always, but then some really nice leads dropped on me and I was like, 'whaaaa-!'...

Waht's more, this year's MYM event
    a) allowed me to finish the storyline (I know, I halfheartedly tried to finish it since 2016 or so), and
    b) made me get Transliminal Violet ... the color I thought I'd never ever wear.

This means that I can jog all over IC without fear of missing out on something now, without being stressed by the '...but I still must do x to get y...' mindset. A very relaxing experience.
    In short: For me this iteration of MYM was the best ever. IC, I love you.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both of those are flawed arguments.

ZOS knows that players can prevent you from getting what you want in a PvPvE zone.

They knew that in 2019 for the Imperial City Event which is the topic of this necro'd thread.
    They knew that when they put leads in IC.
    They knew that when they put event tickets in IC for the current Midyear Mayhem.

They know you'll probably get killed trying to do stuff in Imperial City.
    That's, like, the point of the zone.
    Tel Var paints a giant target on the back of every player there.

You don't have to like it, but its 100% working as intended.
    You don't have to stop complaining, but at some point, maybe it'll sink in that ZOS demonstrably doesn't seem to care.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is not for me but for some people this is their place not all zones should be the same
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    I love it
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it had worked as intended they wouldn't have had to give it away for free and it'd be far more active outside of events. I mean how many of the 'dlc' content have they given away for free before? None as far as I'm aware. This to me shows they know it wasn't working so gave it to everyone in hopes that would help yet even with that it hasn't.
    Murkmire was given away free as a login reward a few years ago, then they released it as a paid one.

I personally dislike IC's setup of letting players take half another person's TV, since it encourages a mindset of "let someone else do a lot of work and then have that work not mean much because a person can wait until you're vulnerable and gank you in a couple of seconds". It encourages people to take advantage of the work others are doing and lets them not do that work themselves. Why should they when they can jump a random player who might have spent several hours working up a few thousand TV and get half that number for a fraction of the work in most cases?

What's especially frustrating is when people are grinding the middle and you get a bomber who just waits until a group beats Bal and most of them are at low HP (especially the ones who don't have time to avoid Bal's explosion or don't know to get some distance before he's taken out), then rushes in, bombs, and pretty much wipes out everyone without those people having even a chance to fight back. To me that kind of playstyle is lazy and cowardly, and is the mark of someone who can't actually fairly face off against people so they have to resort to cheap tactics. But hey, it's what ZOS promotes in IC, so what can you do?

If they hadn't split tickets between IC and Cyro this year I wouldn't have set foot in there and would have just done the town dailies in Chey like I normally do. It's really annoying when you're just trying to do a quick district quest and someone decides to come along and murder you, even if you clearly don't want to fight (aka not fighting back, running away and healing yourself, not trying to stealth, etc). And then you have the really classy mature people who teabag obvious PvEers after killing them, because yes, that certainly makes people want to keep trying.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of midyear mayhem, I just uninstalled the game. It made me realize how toxic and pointless endgame is.

Because of midyear mayhem, I was leveling other skill lines so I could "compete" in PVP. Then I realized, even if/when I complete this meta build and gain the skills to stay alive, I would just be another loser ganking PVE questers. Or typing "x" in chat so I could become part of a pointless zerg ball. Or just another theorycrafter wasting their time responding to patch changes to find the new ultimate build.

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate the Imperial City at all. It's those pesky reds and yellows that I have a problem with! ;)
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on July 7, 2020 2:52PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • VoluptaBox
    VoluptaBox
    ✭✭✭

211kd3.jpg

211kd3.jpg

It's all so very relevant and shows nothing has changed.

Other than "I don't like it' I've yet to see any real arguments why it should change.

I hate repeating myself but

"IC feels like a failed experiment of forcing together pvp and pve content that they had to end giving away for free yet is hardly even that active outside of events and any time I've looked at the bars for it all alliances sit on one and that's with far fewer instances than it has in events. May have done better if they just focused on the pve instead of forcing pvers to pvp but here we are and yet it hasn't changed at all and the event has brought out all the people who do the described behaviors in IC."

This exactly. It's not just 'I don't like it. But it was a nice attempt to ignore the arguments against it and pretend we were all just saying we don't like it. Actually no, that's a lie. It's a terrible attempt at that.

I know your argument, all that I am saying is that it isn't factual. It "feels" (important choice of word too) a certain way to you, but not to entire community. I won't pretend that I can speak for any percentage of the community, but I like the way IC is in it's current format. I see it as a sort of bridge between the full PvE zones that make up most of the game's content and the pure PvP Cyro (Cyro has some PvE content as well, but it's hardly meaningful).

Let me put it another way, if you don't like the current IC don't play it. But don't alter it, as a fair few of us enjoy it. As to the argument of adding it a separate, PvE only instance. Well, I personally dislike the idea because I feel it encourages the carebear attitude and that it would actually hurt the current version of IC (same thing with Cyro). That being said, I do not strongly oppose it and I wouldn't complain if it happened.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    itscompton wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    for all you that just got it free and got to experience it first hand how did you like it?

gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

how long before you raged.

how long before you said "F this" and left IC

if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

lol I can relate to saying "F this" and leaving IC.

But yeah, I agree. It might be fun for gankers and people who run around in zergs slaughtering smaller numbers of players (who seem to enjoy that sort of thing for some reason) but everyone else is likely going to suffer. I consider it trash too. Which is a shame really, cause the zone actually has some decent PvE in it and looks quite cool up in the city.

I prefer Battlegrounds and even Cyrodil over the Imperial City as well.

Not true, if you know what you're doing PvP wise it's totally possible to run Solo and have fun. The streets and buildings make great cover to put between yourself and a zerg if you pay enough attention to see them coming and get out of the way.
    Crazy how some PVE players refuse to put the time in to get good and just come complain on the forums. Learning to PVP is just like learning the mechanics of a complicated trial or dungeon. Each class is a different type of boss, the human element just makes thier attack rotations more unpredictable but there still are certain rules and limitations to what they can do.
    I really feel like a huge part of it is ego, people who can beat all the vet dungeons and trials and make the leaderboards get mad when the skills don't translate into instant dominance in PvP.
    It took me a long long time to get good in PvP and there are still 10 to 15 people out of every hundred that can absolutely own me in one on one (and if the players are decent more than two is usually a guaranteed loss since it's pretty hard to kite on a Templar) but I don't cry when I get beat I just try to learn from it and get better.

Sorry, but I just don't buy your argument that people can just run into houses when they see a zerg coming. If that worked for you - then you just got lucky.

And no one here is crying because they lost a one on one fight. I know I certainly ain't. So I don't know what that bit at the end had to do with my comment.

I beg to differ. If you've seen those Cryodiil "tree or rock huggers" or those people who can kite a zerg around in a resource tower you'd know it's possible to kite an entire zerg around and barely go below 50% health with the right setup and gear and stat allocation. Just last night we had a DK and Templar attacking us in IC and we outnumbered them by at least 20.

They would rush in and out of houses and around corners and were hard to pin down and combo. Very nasty. I'm a PvP ganker myself and I hardly dented their health pool. So it's very possible to see a zerg and survive if you are built for it and know how to kite.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If I'm not mistaken the IC DLC was made free around the time of the racial passives change last year and in response to them.

It's also not the only DLC to be given away. Murkmire was also given away as a daily reward.

I did the IC quest for the first time during the event last year. I had a blast. I went back this year and got all if the achievements for MYM.

I don't hate it, but, it's not something that I'd want to do everyday. As a zone it can be fairly intense, I like it, but in smaller doses.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread as some of its information may no longer be relevant. Please feel free to start a new topic on this subject if you wish to discuss it further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.