The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bear Mounts - Model Inconsistency

Athyrie
Athyrie
✭✭
For future bear mounts, please use the Atmoran Bear model.

When the Atmoran Bear mount came out, it was the first bear to have the new saddle model (which came out during Summerset).

vcgAAZR.png

All new bears since then have not matched, and it drives me insane!

For example, look at the following two bear mounts:

ySqWqY1.png

iare4p1.png

Notice the following things:

1.) There is no halter on the head of the bear on the two newer mounts.
2.) The reins are not a smooth curve like the reins on the Atmoran bear.

When trying to display these bears in Player Housing, they just look silly because they don't match. D:

I love you guys at ZOS for everything you do. I have never had so much fun in an MMORPG. Between the cosmetics and the Player Housing and the pets and the mounts and the Crown Crates! And customer service has ALWAYS been super wonderful.

Seriously, I am a huuuuuge fan, and I can't say enough amazing things about ya'll. But can you please, please, please copy the saddle/reins from the Atmoran bear for your future bear mounts? I would love to see some consistency in the models, when you use the same models.

I know it's just a small oversight, but I would really love some matching bears to display in my Player Houses!!! I keep buying these bears just to have the colors and to collect them, but it seems like a waste when I can't display them together, because the ones without the head halters look silly!

Thank you guys for hearing me out, and I hope everyone is staying safe during this crazy time!

Also... Greymoor was INCREDIBLE! Hands down my favorite storyline in TESO so far! I can't wait to see what's next!!!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1.) There is no halter on the head of the bear on the two newer mounts.

...I actually love when there is no halter to ruin the beautiful mount's head :o
    Back then, I bought Sweetroll Bear for his colors and for his minimalistic accessories <3 And I wish designers would stop ruining almost all other mounts with bridles/head accessories :'( I can't see clean and beautiful muzzles of some of my favourite mounts.

In my opinion, all mounts should have option to hide their bridle/head armor completely. This way, people with different taste could enjoy the same mount equally :)
    2.) The reins are not a smooth curve like the reins on the Atmoran bear.

About it, I agree. I never noticed it before, but now that you've showed pictures side-by-side, I see the weird curve on the shoulders of last two bears.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see a bear allowing a bit to be put in their mouth. lol Saddlers would probably have come up with some harness that slips around the head and allows for control without a bit.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to always buy newly added bear mounts as they are one of my favorite mount types. But I stopped buying them when they removed the halter.

Just looks silly without it and ruins the look of the mount to me.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Can’t please everyone
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks like an oversight more than a conscious choice. It's like they're using a broken model.
    PC EU