The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New patch notes are up

• EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Harrowstorms in Western Skyrim and Blackreach will now respawn much quicker."

Well that will at least make it easier to get them.

And probably more loading screens getting to those HS locations. lol.

They were spawning ok for me. If anything, they were spawning in the center 3 areas over and over. Was easy getting the 30+ achievement.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Also disappointed to see a number of bugs not addressed.
    • Screen shake on excavation.
    • The plethora of audio issues including continual dragon roars, missing audio from quests (or alternatively audio but no lip movement), and sound cutting out completely in fights like KA.
    • Multiple lorebooks that continue to glow and do not show up within Eidetic Memory as either known or not known (at least two in Shadowgreen delve I've reported).
    • Dislocated jaw.
    • Seafarer hair color still way too dark and not even a dev post about it.
    • A fix for the screen shake while excavating is being worked on.
    • The dragon roar is being worked on, and others need either more information or for you to submit a bug report when you come across them. Individual quests/NPCs missing audio will likely require a separate fix for each one as it's not a global issue.
    • If you have a list of the lorebooks that aren't appearing, please pass those along. We did a quick check for the ones in Shadowgreen and they appeared to be present.
    • The dislocated jaw issue is something we've been investigating since PTS, but aren't able to reliably reproduce (which in turn, makes it very difficult to fix). If anyone is able to reproduce it, please pass along step-by-step instructions so we can take a look.
    • We've seen the comments on the Seafarer hair color. While we don't plan on adjusting this particular item, we are implementing additional checks and safeguards so this is less likely to happen again in the future.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    • The plethora of audio issues including continual dragon roars, missing audio from quests (or alternatively audio but no lip movement), and sound cutting out completely in fights like KA.
    • Multiple lorebooks that continue to glow and do not show up within Eidetic Memory as either known or not known (at least two in Shadowgreen delve I've reported).
    • Dislocated jaw.
    • The dragon roar is being worked on, and others need either more information or for you to submit a bug report when you come across them. Individual quests/NPCs missing audio will likely require a separate fix for each one as it's not a global issue.
    • If you have a list of the lorebooks that aren't appearing, please pass those along. We did a quick check for the ones in Shadowgreen and they appeared to be present.
    • The dislocated jaw issue is something we've been investigating since PTS, but aren't able to reliably reproduce (which in turn, makes it very difficult to fix). If anyone is able to reproduce it, please pass along step-by-step instructions so we can take a look.
    • We've seen the comments on the Seafarer hair color. While we don't plan on adjusting this particular item, we are implementing additional checks and safeguards so this is less likely to happen again in the future.

Performance?
  • Secilina
    Secilina
    ✭✭
    [*] If you have a list of the lorebooks that aren't appearing, please pass those along. We did a quick check for the ones in Shadowgreen and they appeared to be present.

they are there but they don't get added to eidetic memory after using, at least that was my experience when trying
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Dislocated jaw.

Performance?

Performance updates do no exist.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • Dislocated jaw.

Missing audio/animation would be hard to catch - for me it appears randomly, sometimes even outside of Greymoor zones and goes away after changing instance. Anyway, I submitted couple of bug reports, hope that helps.

On the books from Shadowgreen - https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Unnamed_Mining_Journal,_Page_42 was bugged for me (page 45 behaved well, on the other hand)
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Secilina wrote: »
    [*] If you have a list of the lorebooks that aren't appearing, please pass those along. We did a quick check for the ones in Shadowgreen and they appeared to be present.

they are there but they don't get added to eidetic memory after using, at least that was my experience when trying

Yes, that's the issue with the books in Shadowgreen that I reported. They glow gold, I read them, no ding, and they still glow. When I check in Eidetic Memory to see if it is a UI bug (with them learned but just keeping the glow), they do not appear in the list. See this post (same issue, same thing I reported using the Bug in game option). Both page 42 and 44 have the same issue. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6822669#Comment_6822669
    Edited by heaven13 on June 29, 2020 6:14PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Nulami
    Nulami
    ✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »
    Very underwhelming considering we had to wait a month for it. Also kinda stupid that they changed the Harrowstorm quest as well as the respawn rate. Quest was fine and it's always 3 for the other zones as well, just the respawn rate was the issue.

The other zones are on a rotation. There is no rotation in Greymoor. Dropping to only 1 needed cuts the frustration factor greatly. If they would have put the storms on a rotation and made them quicker, 3 needed for the quest would have been fine.
  • Yoku
    Yoku
    ✭✭✭
    • Dislocated jaw.

Hey there! I personally experienced the jaw dislocation after dueling (I dont know, if it came from an ultimate used on me, or after a skill). I lost the duel, then I noticed the bug. Also, we were dueling in Malabaltor.
    (I hope this little information can help :/ )
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoku wrote: »

Hey there! I personally experienced the jaw dislocation after dueling (I dont know, if it came from an ultimate used on me, or after a skill). I lost the duel, then I noticed the bug. Also, we were dueling in Malabaltor.
    (I hope this little information can help :/ )

You might be on to something. I do notice it happens a lot in duels, but I also had it happen when I was in a home just using mistform. Always thought it had a correlation to skills and actions in which your character was yelling or moving their mouth. In duels with all the CC going on you break free quite often which gives you that higher chance of getting the bug.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Razzledazzle_dar
    Razzledazzle_dar
    ✭✭✭
    The missing audio and/or audio without lip movement occurs randomly for me in every zone. There is no pattern as to where from what I've seen, nor anything that triggers it. Sometimes I might go back to the same NPC later after having logged out or left the zone, and the same NPC will have no issue. Or, likewise, an NPC that had no audio problems would then have them. I can't give individual examples because it is happening everywhere at random. This includes everything from starter islands to western skyrim.
    AD PC/NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dragon roar is being worked on, and others need either more information or for you to submit a bug report when you come across them. Individual quests/NPCs missing audio will likely require a separate fix for each one as it's not a global issue.

Does this mean we should submit a bug report every time we encounter audio/animation issues with NPC dialogue?

As others have noted, this bug isn't a consistent thing. I've had cases where I was getting quest dialogue audio but my partymate wasn't (or vice versa), and cases where I got no dialogue audio but then it worked after a relog.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dragon roar is being worked on, and others need either more information or for you to submit a bug report when you come across them.

I can't say that I understand how something that happens in 9 out of 10 dragon fights is difficult to analyze.
    Individual quests/NPCs missing audio will likely require a separate fix for each one as it's not a global issue.

It is, though. I submitted several bug reports before I realized that it was a randomly occurring error and not the quests themselves that were bugged. I don't see how specific reports on a non-specific issue are going to do anything but send your team in the wrong direction.

Edited by MasterSpatula on June 29, 2020 9:15PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank the nine they didn’t fix the dislocated jaw bug.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nemvar wrote: »
    Malacath's Band of Brutality: Fixed an issue where this item was increasing the damage from Siege equipment.

RIP troll builds

Man, that would explain some of the siege hits in my recap. Haha.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Dislocated jaw.

Have we looked at how the packleader Wolves for Werewolf aren’t adding extra time to Werewolf as opposed to what should be the new normal for those untargetable pets?
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Dislocated jaw.

Every ZeniMax employee needs to play pvp in the main 30 during the 6-10pmest. Then we might see some change occur.
    As of right now, its pathetic how poorly this game runs.
    20load screens to go from bleaks to bruma, then lag kicks.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • Dislocated jaw.

Every ZeniMax employee needs to play pvp in the main 30 during the 6-10pmest. Then we might see some change occur.
    As of right now, its pathetic how poorly this game runs.
    20load screens to go from bleaks to bruma, then lag kicks.

To be fair, I got 12 load screens from Aleswell to Bleakers in one of the 7 day temporary campaigns that were each only at 1-bar pop. I regularly even get load screens inside my home base when I first arrive. Something is wrong with the north/northwest side of the map.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] The dislocated jaw issue is something we've been investigating since PTS, but aren't able to reliably reproduce (which in turn, makes it very difficult to fix). If anyone is able to reproduce it, please pass along step-by-step instructions so we can take a look.[/list]

It seems to happen often right after I complete a group activity in group finder. Not every time, but enough that it is a pattern.
    PC-NA Goat
  • KickMeAlready
    KickMeAlready
    Soul Shriven
    • Dislocated jaw.

What about the achievement "Midyear Horror" and the ice atronach boss "Nunatak" in the Memorial District?
    You kill it -> it doesn't count for the achievement.
    About all players I asked about this achievement told me they had the same problem.
    The non-event achievement "Horror of Horrors" works flawlessly.
    PC EU
    Sithis Will - MagbladeDD
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Dislocated jaw.

Have we looked at how the packleader Wolves for Werewolf aren’t adding extra time to Werewolf as opposed to what should be the new normal for those untargetable pets?

Cool Haha! This makes me and what I play’s glitches feel absolutely ignored. Thanks for that /all.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions