The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Speaking of Overtuned skills: Leap

Ezorus
Ezorus
✭✭✭
sj2095U_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
- Cheap as heck
- Gap closer
- Stun
- Same range as ranged attacks (not inline with other gap closers)
- AOE
- Undogeable
- Crazy damage
-Instant cast
- Animation is visible enough to block
- Kills before the animation most of the time cause the servers are not good enough

As i recall the was a big purge of overtuned skills a year ago, some made useless *cough* Incap *cough*
And "just block" is not a reply, there's no obvious cast animation, and the servers can't keep up so you DIE BEFORE THE LEAP LANDS
Edited by Ezorus on July 3, 2020 1:39PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just block and ask them to fix the servers.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem with leap is de-sync he causes.
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Did you just assume Leap's gender?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

SORRY! plz don't ban me

Btw, about that 30k tooltip:
    (1 - 10%) hardy *
    (1 - 20%) ironclad *
    (1 - 25%) major evasion *
    (1 - 50%) block *
    (1 - 8%) minor protection *
    (1 - 10%+) from resistances *
    (1 - 15%) from undeath....
    = 0.19...

oops forgot battle spirit another 50%.... so yeah, 3k - that is damage which that leap will do if it blocked and 6k if unblocked. Those are realistic numbers which I saw against me on variety of builds. Sometimes it can crit for something like 8k, but DK should be real glass cannon.
    So if you blocked it that leap will cause no damage. It causes damage when your screen freezes for 4 seconds and then you see dizzy-leap-execute-execute while on your screen nothing was happening.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on June 26, 2020 7:47PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem with Dragon Jump is that it throws you in the air and you can not immediately roll dodge after breaking free to avoid the follow up and neither can you use abilities. Usually no big problem when they are on their own. But Zergs abuse it heavily, for you are helpless for a good amount of time after the leap.

Leap is one of the mightiest ultimates for sure and it annoys me greatly. Yet I think they should just turn the knock up into a stun or knockback and then it's fine.
    Edited by Dracane on June 26, 2020 9:10PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Leap is not a gap closer and should not be balanced around how a gap closer is balanced or even compared to any gap closer skills. It is an ultimate. Every single ultimate has multiple layers of advantages that normal skills do not have.

Leap is fine.
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep... I hate leap too, 90% of what i die to. Had no problems surviving it before ZoS decided that 30% damage reduction was too OP and easy access, so only classes behind paywalls (necros/wardens) should have it built in their class kit.... R.I.P brp daggers.
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Dragon Leap is not a gap closer and should not be balanced around how a gap closer is balanced or even compared to any gap closer skills. It is an ultimate. Every single ultimate has multiple layers of advantages that normal skills do not have.

Leap is fine.

Exactly, thats why it should not gap close at all 🙌
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont play my DK much and dont think it needs a nerf. Yes; it's one of, if not. the best ultimates. Not all classes are the same. StamDKs are DOT and do not have delayed burst so this is their burst. Other classes have delayed burst combos. Some have escape and kiting tools even if they think they should still hit as hard as the ones slugging it out.

My only problem with leap are performance related. You can see and block the leap very easy, I mean; wings sprout out their back. Problem is you dont know when its safe to unblock because nobody knows where the server is. Also; the unavoidable snare winds up lasting way too long when the its delayed from lag
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Dont play my DK much and dont think it needs a nerf. Yes; it's one of, if not. the best ultimates. Not all classes are the same. StamDKs are DOT and do not have delayed burst so this is their burst. Other classes have delayed burst combos. Some have escape and kiting tools even if they think they should still hit as hard as the ones slugging it out.

My only problem with leap are performance related. You can see and block the leap very easy, I mean; wings sprout out their back. Problem is you dont know when its safe to unblock because nobody knows where the server is. Also; the unavoidable snare winds up lasting way too long when the its delayed from lag

They just think that tank classes with a lot of built in survivability and resistence should not also deal the most damage out of all classes. Generally speaking, not exclusively pvp related, it is ridiculous that Dragonknights are not only the best tanks but also the best Damage Dealers.

While the squishy "damage" classes like Nightblade and Sorcerer can't even come close to Dragonknight and Templar DPS. It is flawed design in my opinion.
    Edited by Dracane on June 26, 2020 11:13PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

They just think that tank classes with a lot of built in survivability and resistence should not also deal the most damage out of all classes. Generally speaking, not exclusively pvp related, it is ridiculous that Dragonknights are not only the best tanks but also the best Damage Dealers.

While the squishy "damage" classes like Nightblade and Sorcerer can't even come close to Dragonknight and Templar DPS. It is flawed design in my opinion.

Yeah, the elusiveness doesnt really help in PVE I suppose.
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about instead of a knock back from leap make it pull the stunned enemies towards the center of impact.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on June 26, 2020 11:51PM
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK have only one mitigation passive - 3300 spell resistance - nothing else. And how is DK best damage dealer? Really I stopped playing stamDK after I opened stamplar for myself. Stamplar is just another level, MUCH higher damage + access to best purge + awesome gap closer. What stamDK has? Dizzy-dizzy-leap-execute.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on June 26, 2020 11:53PM
    Options
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In cp pvp it’s almost the only way for DKs to get kills.

And comparing DK damage to NBs and Sorcs? Assassins Will routinely does more damage than leap. And Sorcs can get a free cast frags that gets close in damage to leap and a fire and forget execute. And as said before leap gets its damage reduced by 25% against shuffle/elude users and those 2 sorc and NB abilities do not.

Seriously, try playing a stam dk using something other than dizzying swing and leap to kill anyone.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tooltip warriors roll out!

Only change I can see it needs is maybe.. and this is a big maybe, because it's an ult... is maybe the point about its range.

Stick to your standards ZOS. 22m.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on June 27, 2020 1:35AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK have only one mitigation passive - 3300 spell resistance - nothing else. And how is DK best damage dealer? Really I stopped playing stamDK after I opened stamplar for myself. Stamplar is just another level, MUCH higher damage + access to best purge + awesome gap closer. What stamDK has? Dizzy-dizzy-leap-execute.

But why stamina Dragonknight? I mean magicka Dragonknights and they have always been the king by far. Since I only play magicka, I only ever look at magicka dps rankings, since stamina does not concern me and looking at their dps numbers just makes me frustrated how weak and pathetic all magicka classes are in comparison.

Dragonknights have plenty of healing and sustain that makes them superb in everything regarding tanking. And they have attractive group damage increases with engulfing flame and stonefist. Best tank class by far + best dps class by far. Not good and templar comes right after that. At the bottom of all comes Nightblade and Sorcerer. Squishy, low damage, terrible sustain.

Let the classes intended to be tanky (Dragonknight, Templar, Warden) be tanky (which they are) but don't also let them have top end dps. The squishy DD classes (Sorcerer, Nightblade, Necromancer) should have the most damage period. Although since it's pay to win, Necromancer also has immense tankiness to it, at least in pvp. In my wetest dreams, all classes have the same dps of course or only differ by 100s of dps or so.
    Edited by Dracane on June 27, 2020 9:31AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it possible to break free while in the air from the knockup (or remove the knockup completely preferably) and remove the snare from leap and we're good.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But why stamina Dragonknight? I mean magicka Dragonknights and they have always been the king by far. Since I only play magicka, I only ever look at magicka dps rankings, since stamina does not concern me and looking at their dps numbers just makes me frustrated how weak and pathetic all magicka classes are in comparison.

Dragonknights have plenty of healing and sustain that makes them superb in everything regarding tanking. And they have attractive group damage increases with engulfing flame and stonefist. Best tank class by far + best dps class by far. Not good and templar comes right after that. At the bottom of all comes Nightblade and Sorcerer. Squishy, low damage, terrible sustain.

Let the classes intended to be tanky (Dragonknight, Templar, Warden) be tanky (which they are) but don't also let them have top end dps. The squishy DD classes (Sorcerer, Nightblade, Necromancer) should have the most damage period. Although since it's pay to win, Necromancer also has immense tankiness to it, at least in pvp. In my wetest dreams, all classes have the same dps of course or only differ by 100s of dps or so.

Well, magDK is another story. Tbh, when everybody cries about OP stamdens and magsorcs, magDK loaded with ton of dots and proc sets are much more dangerous to me (and I'm fine vs stamden and magsorcs)... but that is because I'm now vamp on every character and mostly because of dots, not because of leap.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, magDK is another story. Tbh, when everybody cries about OP stamdens and magsorcs, magDK loaded with ton of dots and proc sets are much more dangerous to me (and I'm fine vs stamden and magsorcs)... but that is because I'm now vamp on every character and mostly because of dots, not because of leap.

And because you are clever and experienced and know how to deal with magsorcs. Once you know their stuff, there is not much harm from them.

I totally agree. Offensively speaking, magicka dragonknight scares me the most. Because of dragonfire scales and all their dots. I would say it is the only opponent I could never hope to go up against and I have purged my vampirisim even. Over are the times where you could take on any spec and win. I think I have my clear culprits now and it's better to just avoid them.

From a stamDK standpoint, I think leap should remain as it is damage wise. Even I see that they need their entire combo to kil most targets and even then it's not guaranteed.
    Edited by Dracane on June 27, 2020 9:43AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a sorcerer
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I truly believe that before balancing skills they need to fix servers for no lag. Balancing skills around lag is as stupid as it gets.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And because you are clever and experienced and know how to deal with magsorcs. Once you know their stuff, there is not much harm from them.

I totally agree. Offensively speaking, magicka dragonknight scares me the most. Because of dragonfire scales and all their dots. I would say it is the only opponent I could never hope to go up against and I have purged my vampirisim even. Over are the times where you could take on any spec and win. I think I have my clear culprits now and it's better to just avoid them.

From a stamDK standpoint, I think leap should remain as it is damage wise. Even I see that they need their entire combo to kil most targets and even then it's not guaranteed.

If I was clever, I'll be able to play without crutch in forms of mist and undeath :) but yes, if you have gap closer and good sustain, magsorcs became an even match, where perfect combo or lag will decide a winner and often there will be stalemate with new guy added to list of persons "who-you-don't-attack-when-he-tries-1vX".

MagDK benefit a lot from the current abysmal lag. First of all fossilize spam which are hard to break free when game is laggy, second part are instant cast dots which keep working while you are trying to cast something. And Grothdarr on top of that... When you start seeing absolutely the same build on every corner (and I saw ton of magDK with Grothdarr), it means something is overperforming. But for god sake, I'm not calling for magDK nerf, it's more about the swing in balance which happened that dots and procs become so good after healing nerf. ZOS needs to unnerf healing nerf a bit imo... we asked for 10%, they nerfed for 20%, typical.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    I truly believe that before balancing skills they need to fix servers for no lag. Balancing skills around lag is as stupid as it gets.

Even in lag free situations you are unable to do anything vs the knockup from leap and the inability to break free reliable.

Same thing goes for the stun when doing medium weaves on offbalanced targets (when paired with dizzying swing). Impossible to reliably break free from even without lag.

If ZOS can't fix so you can reliable break free from stuns they need to remove break free from the global cooldown until the issues have been fixed. It's an absolute joke that the reason you die in PvP is because someone can abuse skills and mechanics that prevents you from reliable breaking free from them.
    Options
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is absolutely blockable and dodgeable. you can even snipe a flying dk out of the air with magnum shot or any other form of knockback and entirely avoid its damage.
    Options
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SORRY! plz don't ban me

(1 - 10%) hardy *
    (1 - 20%) ironclad *
    (1 - 50%) block *
    = 0.19...

oops forgot battle spirit another 50%.... so yeah, 3k - that is damage which that leap will do if it blocked and 6k if unblocked. Those are realistic numbers which I saw against me on variety of builds. Sometimes it can crit for something like 8k, but DK should be real glass cannon.
    So if you blocked it that leap will cause no damage. It causes damage when your screen freezes for 4 seconds and then you see dizzy-leap-execute-execute while on your screen nothing was happening.

If only pvp was that simple
    Options
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apox wrote: »
    it is absolutely blockable and dodgeable. you can even snipe a flying dk out of the air with magnum shot or any other form of knockback and entirely avoid its damage.

Its not dodgerollable.... lag makes it very hard to block
    Options
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »
    In cp pvp it’s almost the only way for DKs to get kills.

And comparing DK damage to NBs and Sorcs? Assassins Will routinely does more damage than leap. And Sorcs can get a free cast frags that gets close in damage to leap and a fire and forget execute. And as said before leap gets its damage reduced by 25% against shuffle/elude users and those 2 sorc and NB abilities do not.

Seriously, try playing a stam dk using something other than dizzying swing and leap to kill anyone.

Assassins will is slow, dodgerollable, and requires a charge up
    Options
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezorus wrote: »
    sj2095U_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    - Cheap as heck
    - Gap closer
    - Stun
    - Same range as ranged attacks (not inline with other gap closers)
    - AOE
    - Undogeable
    - Crazy damage
    -Instant cast
    - Animation is visible enough to block
    - Kills before the animation most of the time cause the servers are not good enough

As i recall the was a big purge of overtuned skills a year ago, some made useless *cough* Incap *cough*
    And "just block" is not a reply, there's no obvious cast animation, and the servers can't keep up so you DIE BEFORE THE LEAP LANDS

If you think the skill is so great, simple, play a DK...
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »

SORRY! plz don't ban me

(1 - 10%) hardy *
    (1 - 20%) ironclad *
    (1 - 50%) block *
    = 0.19...

If only pvp was that simple

it is that simple. You may say time with off-balance, follow-up after full heavy.. that is all old, off-balance now has cooldown, follow up outdated, because you need to use med-heavy stun if you don't want your leap to be blocked... I don't remember leap higher then 8k against me, probably in last 200 hours spent in PVP. That is crit unblocked from very high WD stamDK.. if you block leap it simply does nothing. Your dot like claw or embers does more pressure then blocked leap. I saw those desperate stamDKs who leap on you hoping that you won't block it and get into unbreakable stun... but you block and it simply does nothing. Nothing. Weaved dizzy with med-heavy is more threat then plainly used leap.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on June 27, 2020 11:08PM
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove the skills so tanks in pve stop using it and spreading the mobs instead of stacking. I swear, sometimes the bosses and mob packs would be killed faster if tank wasn't there.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on June 27, 2020 11:27PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options