The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bug: Laggs/micro stutters since Greymoor patch when getting XP

Reacher
Reacher
This issue exists since Greymoor patch.
When I gain XP (e.g. new area, defeat enemy, ..) I have micro stutters (0.3-0.5 sec per enemy/XP gain).
It is impossible for me to do things like dungeons, world bosses, raids and so on because of this issue.

One week of waiting and many hours (15-20h) of trying things support told me (things I was sure would not help) I got still these laggs/stutters.
It's not just me according to other forums this issue exists all over the world (EU/NA).

Are you aware of this issue?
Is it gonna fixed with tomorrows maintenance?
  • risiblewilbury
    I've been having these exact same issues.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are your out-of-date add-ons disabled, @Reacher?

In fact, you may want to experiment disabling all add-ons and see how much performance improves ...
  • Reacher
    Reacher

In fact, you may want to experiment disabling all add-ons and see how much performance improves ...

Addons were the first thing I deleted. On my second PC I didn't have Addons enabled. As I mentioned above I tried a lot of things. The issue is NOT on my side.
    I tried different PCs, different networks (in different cities), even business connection with best peering partners and 400mbit, many settings mentioned in forums and from support (about 20h of error finding).

As I mentioned, too. This issue exists since greymoor patch and not only on my PC/Account.

ESO Support told me to post my bug in this forum so developer are aware of this issue -> seems that they can't contact their own developers.
  • Reacher
    Reacher

Did you contact support?

You could send bug request ingame. The more bug request they get the more serious they are take this issue.

You can send bug request ingame using this command:
    /bug

• Reacher
    Reacher

btw performance seems not to be the issue (FPS around 100+-10 and Ping ~80).
  • Reacher
    Reacher

Did you get any helpful answer @risiblewilbury ?
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    Server maintenance is over but this issues still exists. Still can't play any "fight heavy" content (Dungeons, Trials, PvP or even lvling in open world).

• risiblewilbury
    I haven't played today yet. The only thread I've seen with a dev comment is this on https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529545/100-fps-on-a-144hz-monitor-getting-stutters-in-combat/p1
    But the response there is just "open a ticket", not very helpful :neutral:
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    I haven't played today yet. The only thread I've seen with a dev comment is this on https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529545/100-fps-on-a-144hz-monitor-getting-stutters-in-combat/p1
    But the response there is just "open a ticket", not very helpful :neutral:

i opened a ticket.. a week ago
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Reacher

What is the ticket number that you opened a week ago?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Reacher

What is the ticket number that you opened a week ago?

200527-003640

hope you can read it.. it's not in english ;)
  • Jolsyf
    Jolsyf
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue, opened an ticket in game. Someone said it happened if you had any skill unmaxed but that's not true, it happens in combat right abit before the killing blow, fps anywhere else is absolute the same.
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    Jolsyf wrote: »
    Same issue, opened an ticket in game. Someone said it happened if you had any skill unmaxed but that's not true, it happens in combat right abit before the killing blow, fps anywhere else is absolute the same.

I also tried the skill-max-thing.. I really don't understand why support is unable to send a report to their developers.. this is a BUG..

are they scared to raise a ticket?
    do they get fired if it is "false alarm"?

@ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Reacher

I've sent you a PM regarding your ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Reacher

I've sent you a PM regarding your ticket.

thx @ZOS_BillE

in the meantime support answered me again with the same answer they gave me 3 times now.. I raise a ticket to NVIDIA cause there was a error in my game log BUT as I wrote them like 5 times now "I tested the game on several PCs, in several networks, in different cities with different providers, even on the new gaming PC of my brother" -> same result on every system i tried it..

is it impossible for the developers to investigate in this issue? there are a lot more people with the same problem
  • Zackkelley
    Zackkelley
    Soul Shriven
    I have this SAME EXACT issue on ps4, did you ever get a response reacher?
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    Zackkelley wrote: »
    I have this SAME EXACT issue on ps4, did you ever get a response reacher?

support answered but just blaming my setup, newtwork and so on.. didn't admit that's a bug..
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted here, there is a known issue related to skills that are earning XP, and will be fixed in an incremental patch. Some players have reduced the issue by removing skills from their skill bar that are not maxed out.
    Staff Post
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    tried with no skills.. still same issue.. not reduced the stutter
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reacher wrote: »
    tried with no skills.. still same issue.. not reduced the stutter

Did you actually read what @ZOS_BillE said?

They admit it is a bug and will fix in a future patch.
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    no they didn't admit.. because if I dont have skills at all it shouldn't happen or at least should be better (one of their community managers said in another thread)

AND they didn't tell us when it will be fixed.. 1, 2... 12 months? support still not on the same page if they are really aware of the issue.. still telling me the same bs..