Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Pocket Watcher

Aelorin
Aelorin
✭✭✭✭✭
Is now on discount with eso plus for 200 gems instead of 300.

Wonder if more people are interested in buying it now?

I am tempted, because it is really lovely and original, but 200 gems is still a lot....
And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Are you keen of the Daedric Prince of Knowledge, Hermaeus Mora? B)

L03Zrnm.jpg
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewbieOKS ok, we got a deal, 200 gems for the statue and the pet :wink:

Hand over the loot now.
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    i want the statue as well yeah maybe a smaller version :D
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I want that pet? Yes, more than almost any other pet I've seen in the shop.

Am I willing to drop 200 gems on the pet? Under no circumstances.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's curious pet, but it's loud and I really dislike the noises it makes :/ It was the main reason I wasn't tempted to buy it previous time, and no discount would change that.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    Do I want that pet? Yes, more than almost any other pet I've seen in the shop.

Am I willing to drop 200 gems on the pet? Under no circumstances.

Same. I would really love it for my Hermaeus Mora devotee, but that would mean spending all of the gems I've gathered over the past year or so. Hard pass.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    I won't spend money on crown crates for this... there is nothing in the crown crates I want. I was waiting for this to come back... disappointing to see it sold behind crown gems. Easy pass.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat as many others; absolutely lovely pet, but 200 gems is still an easy hard pass. I feel like these offers (like the senche-raht that they put up for 400) are designed to relieve gem hoarders of some of their saved gems.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »

I am tempted, because it is really lovely and original, but 200 gems is still a lot....

The original release was 400 gems, they lowered the price to 300 gems this time and are giving ESO+ and additional 100 gems off.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »

The original release was 400 gems, they lowered the price to 300 gems this time and are giving ESO+ and additional 100 gems off.

That's how I remember it as well, but some sources say 300. Either way punishment for those stupid enough to but it the first time around... :'(:p
    Edited by Raisin on June 7, 2020 9:35PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

That's how I remember it as well, but some sources say 300. Either way punishment for those stupid enough to but it the first time around... :'(:p

Aka, standard crown store behavior :p .
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on June 8, 2020 5:19PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭

It was 300 gems originally. Here's an old thread for proof

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497226/watcher-pet
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not one that is into pets as they are not useful (unless they provide inventory space) and they disappear when I raid. However, that pet is probably the coolest looking one I have seen yet.
  • ValorieW
    ValorieW
    ✭✭✭
    I’m pretty salty because I was saving gems for a WHILE in case I saw a new mount or something I wanted. I wouldn’t have paid 200 gems for this... I assumed it was crowns since it was on the ESO plus discount and didn’t notice it was GEMS until it was too late.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think this d&d monster is particularly cool?
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ValorieW wrote: »
    I’m pretty salty because I was saving gems for a WHILE in case I saw a new mount or something I wanted. I wouldn’t have paid 200 gems for this... I assumed it was crowns since it was on the ESO plus discount and didn’t notice it was GEMS until it was too late.

Oof! You should contact customer service about that. Explain that it was an accidental purchase due to the ESO plus discounts always having been crowns in the past, which caused confusion about the currency it used on your end. They might be willing to process a removal/refund.
    mikejezz wrote: »

I like it because it has a unique animation set. When they introduce new pets, I evaluate them primarily as potential housing furnishings, and because of this one's unusual animations and appearance, I can think of several setups that could use it. Unfortunately, it's available for gems (again) and I'm not willing to pay them for it.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, because indeed, it reminds me so much of D&D beholders and Baldur's Gate. Fun times.

In the end I stuck with the plan to buy less from the crown store and crates in particular.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, because indeed, it reminds me so much of D&D beholders and Baldur's Gate. Fun times.

In the end I stuck with the plan to buy less from the crown store and crates in particular.

Very much this. ^

As a D&D player since its creation, I have a fondness for beholders even though I hated bumping into them in the game! Still, for 200/300 gems and encouraging the buying of crates, it will remain a no.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Lightyamu
    Lightyamu
    ✭✭
    ethuiliel wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as many others; absolutely lovely pet, but 200 gems is still an easy hard pass. I feel like these offers (like the senche-raht that they put up for 400) are designed to relieve gem hoarders of some of their saved gems.

They definitely are. I think at my height of gem collecting, I had well over 1500 crown gems. Its done to get people like me to shell out a large amount of this before a new crate season comes in. With 1500, you can pretty much go into a new season, buy practically everything that peaks your interest and not spend anymore cash.

On the other hand, people who don't usually spend money might be inclined to spend their money trying to get these. I've yet to see a crown gem exclusive be an all around horribly designed item.
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    The thing i hate about this pet is the annoying sound it makes... I mean it does that like in every 15 seconds or something.