Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear housing community how do you feel about Nord boat furnishing requiring vet trial achieve ?

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
I personally think it's unfair to those of us who love housing but cant for reasons do vet trials. I can honestly say that after playing eso for many years ive yet to meet more than just a couple of endgamers that are into housing. They are rare.

I did my master angler and got 1 small boat for my months of working on achieve back in the day and now one of the best boats in the game is closed to us fishy folk that dont do vet trials and most of the housing community.

I love greymoor and was wanting to do the normal trial but i cant do vet....😢😢😢😢so will never get access to the nord boat.

I am very gratefull for the expansion so im not here to bash anything or anyone that does do vet endgame...if you can do it awesome i admire you honestly i do .
Edited by Recent on June 3, 2020 9:26PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the vet raiding community agrees with you. We like rewards like gear, outfits, skins, mounts (love that Sunspire Senche) that we can use. Housing items and things like the Kyne’s Aegis momento are not interesting or rewarding IMO, and should be rewards from content that target audience enjoys, not vet trials.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just the vet clear needed? I took my pvp guild through there, its not super hard. Or you can earn gold for a carry..
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's unmatched. Furnishing freaks don't do vet and vet trial nerds don't do housing.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it.

Even worse than that, someone was saying that some of the antiquities furnishings may only be available via PVP.

That's just all kinds of wrong...
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Is it just the vet clear needed? I took my pvp guild through there, its not super hard. Or you can earn gold for a carry..

Most people don't want to be carried.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah that's unmatched. Furnishing freaks don't do vet and vet trial nerds don't do housing.

Okay, how do you know that? I enjoy housing despite being a high end trial player and if I port through the houses of my raiding guild most are pretty fancy.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the vet raiding community agrees with you. We like rewards like gear, outfits, skins, mounts (love that Sunspire Senche) that we can use. Housing items and things like the Kyne’s Aegis momento are not interesting or rewarding IMO, and should be rewards from content that target audience enjoys, not vet trials.

Thank you i respect your honesty and trully admire your skill and yes i thought a rare mount or awesome rare gear would be more befitting a reward for an endgame vet trial reward. Just my opinion but at least with mount and gear etc you can wear it like a badge of honor unlike a boat lol just sits in your house 😊
    Edited by Recent on June 3, 2020 9:27PM
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I don't like it.

Even worse than that, someone was saying that some of the antiquities furnishings may only be available via PVP.

That's just all kinds of wrong...

Oh no 😣😣😣😣
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »

Okay, how do you know that? I enjoy housing despite being a high end trial player and if I port through the houses of my raiding guild most are pretty fancy.

I joined many different trials guilds to do normals and when i brought up subject of housing they had 100 reasons why housing was useless to them...like i said not all endgamers just a few rare ones like housing. I was careful to mention that.

My point really is far more non vet trials players just do normal trials . In elsweyr expansion we got our dragon doors furnishing by just completing nSS ...on normal trial so why did zos change it to vet trial? Its a boat .

Anyway im not here to argue or cause grief im just sad i wont get my nord boat thats all really ty for reading 😊
    Edited by Recent on June 3, 2020 9:25PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it. That is all.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also cost 250,000g on top of that(may not be a lot of gold to some, but it is to me). Also, I thought you had to do HM to get it, so just vet makes it a little easier to achieve than I originally thought, though for anyone who doesn't do end game I guess that makes little difference.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, obviously there will be some overlap...

Somebody should probably make a Venn diagram. :smiley:
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds weird, but I'm not convinced it is since I'm sure ZOS has data on who is doing what.
    But I don't know why there's no other thing tied to the same achievement like a mount or a skin.
    If, let's say, 10% of trial goers like housing, then I think it's reasonable if 10% of the rewards are for housing. But the other 90% of the same trial-group also needs their carrot-on-a-stick.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    It sounds weird, but I'm not convinced it is since I'm sure ZOS has data on who is doing what.
    But I don't know why there's no other thing tied to the same achievement like a mount or a skin.
    If, let's say, 10% of trial goers like housing, then I think it's reasonable if 10% of the rewards are for housing. But the other 90% of the same trial-group also needs their carrot-on-a-stick.

You actually do get more than just the boat for completing vet. The Seaborn Silver skin.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they intended it to be a type of "trophy" furnishing for having completed that content. Like how you can get a monster head mounted on your wall for completing dungeons.

And spreading any one piece of content out to too many sources diminishes its satisfaction / exclusivity value. In a way they've done that with the Golden Vendor selling Monster Helms and Monster Shoulders -- how special do you feel with a Monster Helm you theoretically earned doing a veteran dungeon when you know your friends just went shopping on a weekend?

Of course this is really all speculation since we don't know how ZOS decided to put what items where. Could be they spun the bottle.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »

You actually do get more than just the boat for completing vet. The Seaborn Silver skin.

Well, then I see no issues with having a boat from it too, for those who likes housing :smile:
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Taemiru
    Taemiru
    ✭✭✭
    Every time endgame get some decent rewards we have people complaining that they want it but can't do this achievement :/

I mean, if you really want it that bad - buy a carry.

And there is a whole lot of endgame players who love housing, we are not rare at all.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there were more ships available, this wouldn't be an issue.

I don't have the slightest problem with ZOS putting furnishings as rewards for different content like PVE group content or PVP. I think ZOS views housing as integrally connected with the rest of the game, not something where you can say "I just do housing" and also expect to get every furnishing. As with other rewards in game, if you don't do all the content, you'll miss out on the rewards.

But where its a problem is that ZOS only produces a limited amount of items the housing community wants. There's only 2 ships, and one is for a vet trial achievement. Create more ships and make them available from a variety of in game content, and suddenly it's less of a problem.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recent wrote: »

I joined many different trials guilds to do normals and when i brought up subject of housing they had 100 reasons why housing was useless to them...like i said not all endgamers just a few rare ones like housing. I was careful to mention that.

My point really is far more non vet trials players just do normal trials . In elsweyr expansion we got our dragon doors furnishing by just completing nSS ...on normal trial so why did zos change it to vet trial? Its a boat .

Anyway im not here to argue or cause grief im just sad i wont get my nord boat thats all really ty for reading 😊

Oh, I was criticizing Volkeswagon and not your thread in general. I can certainly see your point, as the only boat available before Greymoor was for Master Angler and I would never do a few hundred hours of fishing, despite really wanting that boat.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, something that doesn't require group play please </3
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Well, obviously there will be some overlap...

Somebody should probably make a Venn diagram. :smiley:

Didn't we just learn from Lambert that small minorities don't really matter to the devs? So it indeed seems strange that "roleplaying stuff" is granted from some of the harder leet content.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both end-game and housing, but I think it would be better if the vet reward was something other than a specifically-for-housing item, because then all housing enthousiasts could get it, and not just the vet raiders. There are other examples of housing items gated behind different content, like the ones associated with PvP/Battlegrounds achievements, which I don't think I'll ever get any time soon. I guess they're trying to give at least something really unique to everyone, so for eg., if you are a grand overload you get the scroll furnishing, and so on, and in that light it makes kinda sense, but it still sucks if you don't play that kind of content-- there is a weathervane furnishing from Battlegrounds, I've had my eye on for ages ^^;;;
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there were more ships available, this wouldn't be an issue.

I don't have the slightest problem with ZOS putting furnishings as rewards for different content like PVE group content or PVP. I think ZOS views housing as integrally connected with the rest of the game, not something where you can say "I just do housing" and also expect to get every furnishing. As with other rewards in game, if you don't do all the content, you'll miss out on the rewards.

But where its a problem is that ZOS only produces a limited amount of items the housing community wants. There's only 2 ships, and one is for a vet trial achievement. Create more ships and make them available from a variety of in game content, and suddenly it's less of a problem.

I don't know. I'm not sure I agree.
    Having completed the trial and getting the boat is a form of an achievement. Being able to show off the efforts with, in this case, a boat ensures some exclusivity.
    Having more boats would make it less exclusive and therefor also less appealing of an achievement.
    Titles/Different colors/Motifs/Skins/Mounts - they've all greatly lossed in sentimental value because there's an abundance of them with no major destinction between them, with only a few rare exceptions.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, there are definitely some of us into trials and housing, but it's a small crossover IMO and we shouldn't be blocking items like this behind it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are tons of things in this game that i would like to have such master angler, but i dont put in the effort so i cant have it.

Put in the effort or dont have a boat, whats the point in achievement furnishings if you dont achieve anything.
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭

This is not true for most of my end game trials guild.

@Recent i couldn't agree with you more.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Put in the effort or dont have a boat, whats the point in achievement furnishings if you dont achieve anything.

I do agree with this concept of achievement rewards and actually achieving them (even though selling carries completely undermines achievements in ESO already).

But I think what the OP is getting at specifically is rewards aligned with the content.
    Whether a boat as a reward is aligned with a trial, or whether the concept of "appropriate reward for content" (and who gets to decide "appropriate" and what criteria) is even valid -- these are harder to pin down.

If a trial environment design featured a cool boat and they put that furnishing as a trial reward... is that appropriate?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 4, 2020 11:52PM
  • Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My raid team completed vKA and 8/12 of us went to go buy the boat immediately so yeah, raiders decorate and decorators raid!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soriana wrote: »
    My raid team completed vKA and 8/12 of us went to go buy the boat immediately so yeah, raiders decorate and decorators raid!
    Still, the ratio of raiders who decorate is far less than the decorators who decorate :tongue: And it gets tiresome that this item-gating only goes one way. 'Decorators raid' as you say, but decoration doesn't have a single item set locked behind it; why should raiding have decorations locked behind it then?

All the types of gameplay that have furnishings locked behind them that force housing fans to do them all really gets on my nerves. :frowning: Why lock furnishings behind trials when many decorators won't be able to get them, and many raiders don't care about them? Housing fans need to quest, grind, craft, do Antiquities, do dungeons, do trials and do PvP to do housing. But housing fans do quest, craft, do PvE and PvP and yet get no item sets, no harvestable materials, no cosmetics, no xp bonus buffs or anything else from housing. (For example SWTOR's houses provide bonus conquest points and materials, GW's housing provides bonus materials.)

Let us play TES:Sims if we want to play TES:Sims, not only after we played CoD, CandyCrush, and Warcaft too.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you only do one thing in this game, thats fine but if you wanna do it to the fullest you might have to step outside of your comfort zone. Alot pve ppl dont like pvp but they do it for the skills, pvpers do pve for gear, etc.
This discussion has been closed.