Naked Nord NPC in Morthal

StabbityDoom
StabbityDoom
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I realize they are warm-blooded, but this is a bit much. He doesn't say anything about it when you talk to him. He just says "The attacks on our village stopped." So he's just nekkid. Just cuz.

Screenshot_20200601_132449.png?width=1238&height=774
PC/NA
EHT zealot
streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw him today! I do think he's meant to be clothed judging by the way he stands and the position of his weapon. The woman with him talked without opening her mouth too. Interesting couple...
    PC EU & NA
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be glad he had on undies. They didn't call the pull lever/cable exercise equipment "Nordic track" for nothing
    Edited by technohic on June 1, 2020 6:36PM
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realize they are warm-blooded, but this is a bit much. He doesn't say anything about it when you talk to him. He just says "The attacks on our village stopped." So he's just nekkid. Just cuz.

Hahaha, given that the river isn't frozen over and that most NPCs are in relatively light attire for winter... I'd say its probably only about -5C (23F) most days there. That's a perfectly acceptable temperature to be out strutting your stuff if you want to ;)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I posted in the other discussion about that guy...
    ...I just wish they would finally give all those "naked nords" some proper medieval-style linen loincloths rather then those all too modern looking undies...
    rsz_fundoshi.png
    ...or maybe something a bit more "cimmerian"...
    conan-the-barbarian-series.jpg
    ...or even a even more "eastern" style:
    maxresdefault.jpg

It would make for a much more immersive experience, and also make it clear that the character is supposed to be unclad ratrher then merely missing their attire data...
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like I posted in the other discussion about that guy...
    ...I just wish they would finally give all those "naked nords" some proper medieval-style linen loincloths rather then those all too modern looking undies...
    rsz_fundoshi.png
    ...or maybe something a bit more "cimmerian"...
    conan-the-barbarian-series.jpg
    ...or even a even more "eastern" style:
    maxresdefault.jpg

It would make for a much more immersive experience, and also make it clear that the character is supposed to be unclad ratrher then merely missing their attire data...

I would TOTALLY be onboard for that, especially that last one <3
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unlike when watching anime - we have access to camera angles here... so that last option wouldn't be such a good idea because they'd have to have a plan for modeling out what you see when standing slightly to the left...

As for this NPC, I sent in a bug report on him days ago. But they kinda have higher priority things to work on right now I suspect. Probably even the team that assigns NPC outfits is busy on something more critical...

I'm kinda hoping they never get around to fixing this guy... and that he will show up later on with dialogue explaining his fashion preferences... ;)
    Even if it's a bug, own it, run with it...

Jah bless
    PST timezone - mostly PvE player.

Super casual player
    Seeking a casual 'lets do some dungeons and world stuff together' guild.
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    kichwas wrote: »
    Unlike when watching anime - we have access to camera angles here... so that last option wouldn't be such a good idea because they'd have to have a plan for modeling out what you see when standing slightly to the left...

Yeah... I know that realistically they wouldn't get away with that without upping their rating. A girl can dream though right?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all,

This Nord has complained to management about his general lack of covering and we're happy to report he will have warm clothes after this week's PC/Mac incremental patch. ;)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sealish wrote: »

Yeah... I know that realistically they wouldn't get away with that without upping their rating. A girl can dream though right?

The first time I looked at Vivic over in Morrowind... there was some kind of glitch going on and my camera angled just right and... I could swear I was seeing something under there... O.o

I came back to there about a year later and noticed I could not longer get my camera to repeat that moment, so either I imagined it or someone else noticed it also... O.o

Jah bless
    PST timezone - mostly PvE player.

Super casual player
    Seeking a casual 'lets do some dungeons and world stuff together' guild.
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

This Nord has complained to management about his general lack of covering and we're happy to report he will have warm clothes after this week's PC/Mac incremental patch. ;)

This is concrete proof that ZOS hates fun :p It was a silly little thing to stumble upon and somehow even though it does nothing to negatively impact the game (in fact quite the opposite) it is getting time devoted to fixing it.

They should just play into it and give him the Nord Bath Towel costume as his outfit as a fun nod to this glitch. If they do that I'll TOTALLY take back my comment about ZOS hating fun ;)
    Edited by Sealish on June 1, 2020 8:33PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No semi naked Nord can top the memory of the greatest few days ever in Tamriel.

We simply called it The Nude Bug ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, to the best of my knowledge that style od fundoshi does NOT have anything "hanging free" for camera-ooglers to see...
    5ed88554e95eafdef069309808eabf5e.png
    ...see what I mean? ;)

Hey all,

Neat!

But like mentioned, for those instances where it is -meant- to depict a nord just out of the bathhouse or loosing their pants after a mead-filled night (or belly)... it might be nice to add more costumes of the flavor...
  • Miragent
    Miragent
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, give the man a horned nord helmet and a pair of fur boots. And a Breton witch, to boot. No, the other way around. Give a Breton witch a Naked Nord to boot.

Meanwhile in Auridon:

NdsAPu6.png
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half-naked Nords are kind of a running joke in TES games. I was hoping the (lack of) clothing was correct and it was the dialogue that was wrong!
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Leave him naked, you forget that there's always at LEAST 1 naked nord in an Elder Scrolls game!
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rykoth wrote: »
    Hey all,

Leave him naked, you forget that there's always at LEAST 1 naked nord in an Elder Scrolls game!

Well, there is already one who's been in ESO since launch:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Naked_Nord
    There are a few in Eastmarch too.

I have to say, though, when I encountered this guy in Morthal I thought it was a little odd that there was no dialogue option that acknowledged that he was naked, but other than that I just thought "typical nord." I'm slightly surprised to find that his lack of clothes wasn't intended.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Rykoth wrote: »
    Hey all,

Well, there is already one who's been in ESO since launch:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Naked_Nord
    ...and a "Barefoot Breton" quest in Rivenspire as companion questing for the dangers of drinking (that is pretty much exactly the same in plot). Makes me sad that they didn't really have something similar in the dominion tho that I ever noticed... while there is a quest with a similar-ish theme, it has a different setup and no nice fun with words...
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Awwww
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Thanks for answering in a fun way.

Most bugs are not this buff and handsome so I had to share with the rest of the eso class ;) Sure we can’t give him a quest where a the “clever woman” stole his pants? I mean.. not the first time it’s happened....
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    y'all a bunch of pervs
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    y'all a bunch of pervs

"Y'all sound like fun people to go to a party with" - There, fixed it for ya :*
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO, NO, NO reason to fix. Pretty Please leave the shirtless Chris Hemsworth Nord as is ^^

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on June 1, 2020 11:09PM
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    There is Strumgrof the Steady who is also a naked Nord you meet in the wild in ESO Morrowind ;)
    Master Angler
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all a bunch of pervs
    Fistly... I for one am merely discussing proper historic undergarment styles in medieval-tech level periods, and expressing a wish for ESO to take one more step for immersion where that sort of thing would be fitting for the story...
    "Honi soit qui mal y pense" ;)

Secondly... look at all the people you just throw this at with your use of "y'all" - including the nice ZOS community manager. Not a good thing to make such blanket statements - if you have issues with something specific, adress them to the person in question, or report the post to a moderator.

Thirdly... the times when you could use that term to start witch hunts against people are past. These days we have laws against discrimination that even protect people whose others might see under that term (as long as they don't do anything that breaks the law - or in this place, the community standards and forum rules).

Finally... yes, maybe some of us are. So what? For one, that is private, for another, its not what we are, but what we do that is the issue, so unless someone posts something perverted... (and if they do, the moderators will take care of it. I know they do whenever I fail to control myself and do make a joke that is too lewd...)
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Why, let him be as he is, ti is a cool Easter egg or funny detail.

I don't get it why ruin something a bit funny. Not like he is breaking any PG ratings by standing in shorts.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    y'all a bunch of pervs
    Fistly... I for one am merely discussing proper historic undergarment styles in medieval-tech level periods, and expressing a wish for ESO to take one more step for immersion where that sort of thing would be fitting for the story...
    "Honi soit qui mal y pense" ;)

Secondly... look at all the people you just throw this at with your use of "y'all" - including the nice ZOS community manager. Not a good thing to make such blanket statements - if you have issues with something specific, adress them to the person in question, or report the post to a moderator.

Thirdly... the times when you could use that term to start witch hunts against people are past. These days we have laws against discrimination that even protect people whose others might see under that term (as long as they don't do anything that breaks the law - or in this place, the community standards and forum rules).

Finally... yes, maybe some of us are. So what? For one, that is private, for another, its not what we are, but what we do that is the issue, so unless someone posts something perverted... (and if they do, the moderators will take care of it. I know they do whenever I fail to control myself and do make a joke that is too lewd...)

ZOS
    xx-steinsgate-ep3-pervert-compliment.jpg
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom But there is always a naked Nord in the Elder Scrolls series lol :D . There is also a npc in Deshaan also (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Naked_Nord)

8KvGx94.png

rahDVKa.png

https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Clearly not naked.

Try a dictionary.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Swede, I would guess he just left some Sauna and had a little quick refreshing bath just before you met him. That's how we northerners do it, but without tiny undies.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering why we dont see more nords taking ice bathes tbh