The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC EU-Stuck on character load

• thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they playing on NA Server

No... there is a german streamer streaming and he is playing EU.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Najiva
    Najiva
    Guys be patiente. This will be solved. WAIT MOORE.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should probably all stop trying to log in for a bit.

Then if just one of us can get in, level antiquities, find the right leads for all the parts of the server and then assemble them then we should all be able to log in as well.

Technical support brought to you by Claws Datacentre Services Inc - located in the scenic Coldharbour storage attic along with all the furniture this one is not using right now.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • vuwuv
    vuwuv
    ✭✭
    I wish they would just stop using the word "some" in these situations. While technically correct, meaning "at least one", they should acknowledge the severity of the problem by saying "many", at least after they have seen the numbers.

The correct term might be "almost all" I guess
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Successfully logged to PC NA, cont login to PC EU. The game kicks me back to login screen from character load.

Interesting... maybe I'll just take my level 5 no cp toon and go gawk at Solitude on NA. Seeing as per usual, I can't Login on release day PC EU :(
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    finehair wrote: »
    Morunul wrote: »
    Has anybody been able to log in on PC-EU? Friends? Guildies?
    I'm stumped that they say "some players".
    Are they referring to all those how try to play on PC-EU?

Only one person out of 2 guilds is able to login. So "some players" are able to login.

Tell that person to buy a lottery ticket.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    Time to go do something less boring instead. Hope they have it fixed by tomorrow, but not holding my breath. Been playing since beta, so know how badly ZOS mess things up. Really makes me think that the whole game is hanging by a shoestring. You see that all the time in Cyro, you feel there is a crash about to happen any moment
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone at all been able to login to the EU server? :/

If people all keep on trying while no-one is allowed in the problem will never be solved.
    Next time they should give collectors' buyers an hour headstart to spread the login server load.

This is just Bad

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woot no longer looking at the request character load screen..... pushed me back to the loggin screen so i can do it all over, oh the joy :p
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talked to a friend for about 2 hours. During that whole time we tried to get in (PC/EU). Stuck in character load screen for that entire time, until we got kicked out.

Watching the NA streamers play happily and here we EU players sit, AGAIN, and twiddle our thumbs. >.<
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banner acknowledging the problem is now gone, server maintenance is scheduled for tomorrow, and I still can't load any characters.

Oh, well. I guess I'll be playing something else tonight.
  • Octarinewolf
    Octarinewolf
    ✭✭
    SirPushkin wrote: »
    thorwyn wrote: »

The streamers are online (Alcast etc.)

they playing on NA Server

One of the EU streamers I checked (kayPOWXD) spent the last hour of her steam playing marbles because she couldn't log in.

• Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, some of you guys are further than me at least :D I have seen no cinematics yet
  • PsYcHoGBR
    PsYcHoGBR
    ✭✭
    Same here. Can't log any character in.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess....
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    TOO MANY WANTED TO CROSS THE BORDER ...
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sub-optimal.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »

The streamers are online (Alcast etc.)

They are pre-recordings
  • angrydrew
    angrydrew
    ✭✭✭
    same old same old..why even bother with test server..:/.££££££££££££
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't get past the character selection screen on PC EU, 5 mins trying to load a character and then kicked out to the login screen.

I can log into the NA server fine, and got to Western Skyrim on there.

What's to investigate. It's just insufficient server resources for the number of people trying to play on the EU server, as usual.
    PC EU
  • PrinceDamien
    PrinceDamien
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's sadly very common that the EU servers in MMOs take the hit when *** happens.
    I think the EU servers, or whatever, needs to be looked into. As it's not only ESO that has these kind of problems.
    There's a reason why "EU second class" is a thing in the MMO community
  • Demaskinos
    I have a theory as to what went wrong:
    Maybe some dev went "hey, the random load screens in Cyrodiil are a GREAT success, EVERYONE uses them. Let's put them on login too!"
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are currently investigating issues some players are having logging into the European PC/Mac megaserver. We will update as new information becomes available.

Wnquiring minds are curious who actually managed to log in. Most or all may be more accurate.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker

PC-EU issue 14 pages no actual info
    PC_NA 2 staff replies in minutes

Get PC-EU is not a proirity @ZOS
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know! It's Russian hordes lured to the game by new localization!
  • Muirwen
    Muirwen
    ✭✭
    What a fricking mess again.... Heading off to World of Tanks, need to trash some metal to get rid of the frustration
    Edited by Muirwen on May 26, 2020 7:11PM
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Stuck...
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEY GUYS, I'M ON PC EU AND I CAN'T LOGIN. WHEN I TRERY I HAVE TO WAIT 10 MINUTES AND THEN I GET KICKED TO LOGIN. ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM??!
  • Scarletblaze
    Scarletblaze
    ✭✭✭
    call me crazy but it took this thread like 12k views before zos responded...took hardly any views to respond to the na server log in thread...am i weird for thinking something is off?
  • Skauron
    Skauron
    ✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    We are currently investigating issues some Most if not all players are having logging into the European PC/Mac megaserver. We will update as new information becomes available.

Inquiring minds are curious who actually managed to log in. Most or all may be more accurate.

Hopes for non-combat pet of 'Recently retired eu-megaserver hamster'
    Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
    Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, same here, kicked me out after ten minutes of "request character load". Playing on PC.

NA works fine though :smile:
    Barra agea ry sou karan.