The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will we know if group que in battlegrounds is coming back?

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long did CP BGs last?

Maybe we are looking at a similar time frame with solo queue only.

Still, I support allowing solos and duos to queue as the easiest compromise solution.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Nick_Balza wrote: »
    Also waiting for most wanted updates:
    - Solo dungeon
    - Solo Trials
    - Solo Cyrodiil
    - Localhost gameplay
    - Elder Scrolls Offline

You're probably joking but... Even people who claim they don't want it would probably use all these. Especially solo trials, if only for personal times and bragging rights.

Lol I'll be honest I stopped playing ESO, and just started playing skyrim at least you can mod it LOL.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premade Groups for BGs are very unlikely to return any time soon. There are several reasons fot his.

So far we had a single queue for everything starting from single players over 2, 3 and 4 player groups. Such a system creates 2 issues. The first is the obvious that premade groups are matched against groups of single players. There is also a less obvious one, its extremely hard to implement a working MMR into such a system, so its less likely that the system will generate even fights in the first place.

Now the choice of the devs was to turn the queue into a solo queue. There is alot of complaining about but it is the best choice possible. Solo queue allows for an easy and well working MMR system. There are no special cases or other stuff involved. Its straight forward. From the time i play inside this system i can say that i have way more close matches and matches where teams have a come back and way less one sided matches where one team dominates. The chance to get out second also increased, which is important for the daily reward.

Now some ask why didnt they simply add a 4 player queue? The answer is MMR and, likely, not enought players. MMR systems for 4 player groups with possibly rotating combinations are not that easy. Its also less likely that tehre are enought 4 player groups to get a decent queue time. More important is that it would only slightly help because groups of 2 and 3 would be left out. This also includes players with a 4 player group that are only 2 or 3 at some times. So it wouldnt have been worth it to add it because it wouldnt solve any issue at all but add more work.

What everyone has to realize at this point is pvp only works well if enought players play it. New players jump in and if they stay or not depends on what they will experience. The choice to change the queue goes into this direction. No premades and a working MMR will generate better matches and reduce the number of matches it takes to gain a second or first place for the reward. If the experience is good players are more likely to come back and the population can stabelize or even increase over time. Before they changed it it was very likely that players simply didnt return and the player base slowly dies out.

Now the players that didnt buy the expansion or didnt resub or dont play at all because group queue is not here. Its the right thing for you to do, but you are also not the target audience for ZOS. You are here mainly because you like a single feature of the game. This also means that you are very likely to leave anyways at some point. Some of you leave now because the group queue is not available. If this change would never have happened you would have left as well because the player base would have shrinked over time and the queue times would become to bad for you, not know of course but 12 months down the road for sure. So the question is realy not if you leave, just when. From an economic point of view its much more reliable to look towards customers that like several parts of the game and focus on keeping modes alive instead of making everyone playing a mode happy. The core problem for this is ppl want to have fun now and dont realy care whats happening 6 or 12 months down the road. Devs however need to care because its their jobs. And i also played games where devs did listen, the end result was exactly this. The influx of new players dropped and at some point the experienced players that "knew it better" left as well.

And for the players thinking that ppl should just search out PvP guilds. It doesnt work that way and never did. It always works the same. PPl try it and if tehy like it they will go through the process of finding like minded ppl. Noone will go through extra steps just to look into it, entry levels have to be low. Also the way it works in BGs is exactly the same as it is for Cyro, Dungeons and Trials.

So long story short. BGs are in a position where its much more important to get more players into it to keep the mode alive than it is to keep a small group of veterans happy.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    BGs are in a position where its much more important to get more players into it to keep the mode alive than it is to keep a small group of veterans happy.

Veterans are supporting solo BG, btw. Posts I've seen from ppl who want group BG back are from casual social players, who just want to play with friends. And they were enjoying this activity. Casual/newbie has nothing to offer against player with legendary gear and super build. And vets are just farming new /casual players and ruining their game experience.

Because the higher lvl of player - more cocky he becomes and thinks that he is capable to wipe the whole enemy teams with golden gear, meta build and all that near pro gaming stuff. When reality hits him with balance system, he turns into crybaby and tells that premades are ruining his solo game experience in group activity.

BG modes are combination of game mechanics, which are adjusted for a team of 4 people, who will try to do the objective via cooperation and communication. Organized team of casual palyers will have much more success because they are following game mechanics and doing needed objectives. Solo Rambo violates created game rules and mechanics, so he loses because no matter how good is his build or gear, 4 > 1 always. Now we have BG (DM mostly) adjusted for rambos. Other modes are unplayable. Support classes are useless.

There is a point just remove BG and make deathmatch with 1 vs everyone mode for rambos. BG now is a garbage.

P.S. That "MMR system" legends are nearing delirium because there is no solid proof about this system, how it works and what's the point of it. Explanation of everything with mythological system is absolute nonsense.

GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    Premade Groups for BGs are very unlikely to return any time soon. There are several reasons fot his.

So far we had a single queue for everything starting from single players over 2, 3 and 4 player groups. Such a system creates 2 issues. The first is the obvious that premade groups are matched against groups of single players. There is also a less obvious one, its extremely hard to implement a working MMR into such a system, so its less likely that the system will generate even fights in the first place.

Now the choice of the devs was to turn the queue into a solo queue. There is alot of complaining about but it is the best choice possible. Solo queue allows for an easy and well working MMR system. There are no special cases or other stuff involved. Its straight forward. From the time i play inside this system i can say that i have way more close matches and matches where teams have a come back and way less one sided matches where one team dominates. The chance to get out second also increased, which is important for the daily reward.

Now some ask why didnt they simply add a 4 player queue? The answer is MMR and, likely, not enought players. MMR systems for 4 player groups with possibly rotating combinations are not that easy. Its also less likely that tehre are enought 4 player groups to get a decent queue time. More important is that it would only slightly help because groups of 2 and 3 would be left out. This also includes players with a 4 player group that are only 2 or 3 at some times. So it wouldnt have been worth it to add it because it wouldnt solve any issue at all but add more work.

What everyone has to realize at this point is pvp only works well if enought players play it. New players jump in and if they stay or not depends on what they will experience. The choice to change the queue goes into this direction. No premades and a working MMR will generate better matches and reduce the number of matches it takes to gain a second or first place for the reward. If the experience is good players are more likely to come back and the population can stabelize or even increase over time. Before they changed it it was very likely that players simply didnt return and the player base slowly dies out.

Now the players that didnt buy the expansion or didnt resub or dont play at all because group queue is not here. Its the right thing for you to do, but you are also not the target audience for ZOS. You are here mainly because you like a single feature of the game. This also means that you are very likely to leave anyways at some point. Some of you leave now because the group queue is not available. If this change would never have happened you would have left as well because the player base would have shrinked over time and the queue times would become to bad for you, not know of course but 12 months down the road for sure. So the question is realy not if you leave, just when. From an economic point of view its much more reliable to look towards customers that like several parts of the game and focus on keeping modes alive instead of making everyone playing a mode happy. The core problem for this is ppl want to have fun now and dont realy care whats happening 6 or 12 months down the road. Devs however need to care because its their jobs. And i also played games where devs did listen, the end result was exactly this. The influx of new players dropped and at some point the experienced players that "knew it better" left as well.

And for the players thinking that ppl should just search out PvP guilds. It doesnt work that way and never did. It always works the same. PPl try it and if tehy like it they will go through the process of finding like minded ppl. Noone will go through extra steps just to look into it, entry levels have to be low. Also the way it works in BGs is exactly the same as it is for Cyro, Dungeons and Trials.

So long story short. BGs are in a position where its much more important to get more players into it to keep the mode alive than it is to keep a small group of veterans happy.

There is no good working mmr...... Your mmr goes up the more you play the mode. If you spend 13 hours a day in BG your mmr will be high, but that doesn't mean you are good.

Mmr is also per toon not per account. So if I have 10 toons and cycle through them doing BG an hour or two per day I'm going to have a low mmr but might be one of those people going 15+ and 0......... That's not fair to new players is it? Just because I play less doesn't make me a worse player.

If mmr worked correctly people would go up and down. That would mean that the "premade" problem would have never been a problem. The "PREMADES" would have never got a match off if they only faced people of "equal" skill. The reason they got matches off would have been because people had similar play times.

And no not more matches than not are closer. And matches that are can be of a team that has 1 good player that found all the Rambo players. So let's say each team has 1 good player, once they know the other is good they can just evade each other and go pugstomp the rest ALONE! No group needed nope! ALONE!!! Because that is okay for 1 person solo to pugstomp, but an entire "premade" pugstomping..... Nope we can't have that....... Righhhhhhhhhhhht.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The matchmaking system is pretty bad, the fact that you cant lose mmr means that if you play enough, you will end up fighting against people that might be way better than you.
    They could make bg rewards actually worth something, and add a more competitive 4 man queue with even better rewards, people would come.
    I don't think anyone is playing bgs right now for the amazing rewards you get.
    But they would also need to fix broken stuff like games starting with uneven numbers on teams for example.
    To support the group queue, they could allow solo/duo players to opt in to group queue for increased rewards as well.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veterans are supporting solo BG, btw. Posts I've seen from ppl who want group BG back are from casual social players, who just want to play with friends.

Thats not what i see. Posts read more like its mostly players that played for some time with premades already and dont care about the balance inside the mode.
    There is a point just remove BG and make deathmatch with 1 vs everyone mode for rambos. BG now is a garbage.

From my point of view BGs drastically removed. I win more often, i have overall betetr games and thats not caused because i magically became a top tier player. You seem to be on the exactly opposite side. I dont know why.
    There is no good working mmr...... Your mmr goes up the more you play the mode. If you spend 13 hours a day in BG your mmr will be high, but that doesn't mean you are good.

Can you back this claim up?
    Mmr is also per toon not per account. So if I have 10 toons and cycle through them doing BG an hour or two per day I'm going to have a low mmr but might be one of those people going 15+ and 0......... That's not fair to new players is it? Just because I play less doesn't make me a worse player.

If the implementation is somewhat good you wills still rise faster. Sure thats speculative.
    If mmr worked correctly people would go up and down. That would mean that the "premade" problem would have never been a problem. The "PREMADES" would have never got a match off if they only faced people of "equal" skill. The reason they got matches off would have been because people had similar play times.

There are simply not enought players for this to work right. Games like Starcraft hat Millions of players to make their MMR work perfectly. We have what? A couple of hundred?
    Firstmep wrote: »
    They could make bg rewards actually worth something, and add a more competitive 4 man queue with even better rewards, people would come.
    I don't think anyone is playing bgs right now for the amazing rewards you get.

Its no secret that BG rewards are bad. Yet i dont see many posts trying to improve this. They should improve. But better rewards for 4 player queues is a no go. It would just put the game back to where it was before tehy changed it. Its the same thing as with vet dungeons. Better rewards attract all palyers, even those unfit.

So overall better rewards including more AP, sure thing. I just doubt that it would receive much support because players are bussy complaining about everything and dont want to focus on improving things.

• SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have officially announced they will not be adding any sort of "group queuing" functionality at this time: https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/gmzkdw/thinking_of_picking_up_elder_scrolls_online/

That's not an official Zos Reddit.
    That poster just sounds like one of the facerollplars or 5-pet sorcs without buddies to back them up when they go against a solo now, poor kid.
    Edited by SpiderKnight on May 23, 2020 7:38PM
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6771934#Comment_6771934

Hey all,

At this time, there are no immediate plans to reintroduce group queuing for PvP Battlegrounds in ESO. We are focusing on game performance improvements, and monitoring PvP Battlegrounds activity and feedback. If we do consider reintroducing group queueing for PvP Battlegrounds in the future, we’ll let everyone know.
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    With premade vs premade system introduced this one will be pretty dead, cause all these "uh oh i want to play with friends" people just want to farm pugs as a premade.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    With premade vs premade system introduced this one will be pretty dead, cause all these "uh oh i want to play with friends" people just want to farm pugs as a premade.

Sure, because going 20+ kills in every game now with solo queue only is so much more fun.......

Rather have a sweaty 4v4v4 with 3 organized teams, than face rolling disorganization groups. Nothing fun about that at all.
    Edited by Qbiken on May 25, 2020 9:37AM
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    As I see, people barely can believe that someone can have friends or gf/bf to play with. Or that people can make friends in MMO. What a nonsense!
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    I think there should be an option for single battleground queues only, an option for 4 person premade groups, and they should add a 12 man premade queue for guilds to play against each other. That would be fun! But premade groups should NEVER have been removed! I want to be on the same team and in the same match as my husband and other guild members. Haven’t done a BG since this stupid change.
    Edited by CrazyWolf712 on May 25, 2020 12:23PM
  • Avionics
    Avionics
    ✭✭
    You all do realize this is just a greed thing, right? For a long time every decision made for ESO was driven by the greed for more money. It’s being hosted with minimum cost (see the state of the servers) and transformed into a single player money making machine where the only thing that counts are numbers. Take a look at the people that own ZOS and you won’t have any more questions or hope for any changes that are not greed driven. You can enjoy it as a single player experience where you can chat with other people but stop having any hope for good group content down the road, especially for PvP. The only thing holding ESO together is the lack of a good alternative or does anyone know where to go too? WoW, Gw2, BDO do not count because it's just more of the same.
  • Ekin
    Ekin
    Soul Shriven
    Going to Battlegrounds as a group with my friends was the best thing ever in ESO. We don't always want to go to Cyrodiil to get a lot of frozen screens in a massive map and to ride countless hours just to die, we don't know what we can do now to enjoy a quick PvP together as a small group. They gave us the taste of a good thing and took it away unfairly.

Now nobody I know wants to do Battlegrounds. It's so frustrating to be in BG group with random people who continuously commit suicide by attacking the enemy teams alone to ensure your team loses in Deathmatches; who don't use any useful skills or gear sets for pvp; who don't even bother to establish communication or speak any language you know to play as a team.

I don't believe you hate us enough to keep this misrable situation going. We love this game, we love everyone who plays and support this game. Please, just add a Team-BG queue option so people who want to play with random teammates won't have to deal with the teamers. We want it back because It's the best thing ever!
    Edited by Ekin on May 26, 2020 3:43PM
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    Ekin wrote: »
    Going to Battlegrounds as a group with my friends was the best thing ever in ESO. We don't always want to go to Cyrodiil to get a lot of frozen screens in a massive map and to ride countless hours just to die, we don't know what we can do now to enjoy a quick PvP together as a small group. They gave us the taste of a good thing and took it away unfairly.

Now nobody I know wants to do Battlegrounds. It's so frustrating to be in BG group with random people who continuously commit suicide by attacking the enemy teams alone to ensure your team loses in Deathmatches; who don't use any useful skills or gear sets for pvp; who don't even bother to establish communication or speak any language you know to play as a team.

I don't believe you hate us enough to keep this misrable situation going. We love this game, we love everyone who plays and support this game. Please, just add a Team-BG queue option so people who want to play with random teammates won't have to deal with the teamers. We want it back because It's the best thing ever!

This^^ and also consider a 12 man queue so guilds can play 4v4v4 amongst their members if they want. Because as of right now, the majority of players don’t even want to mess with battlegrounds. Please please PLEASE!

@ZOS_GinaBruno