The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When will we know if group que in battlegrounds is coming back?

james_738pub18_ESO
james_738pub18_ESO
✭✭✭
My friends and I have held off on pre-ordering Greymoor (and playing the game at all for that matter), because of the removal. Anyone know if they will have that information soon? I don't want to miss out on the preorder deal but at the same time we won't be playing Greymoor at all if it doesn't come back.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends and I have held off on pre-ordering Greymoor (and playing the game at all for that matter), because of the removal. Anyone know if they will have that information soon? I don't want to miss out on the preorder deal but at the same time we won't be playing Greymoor at all if it doesn't come back.

Dunno elder SOLO online seems large with SOLO only players..... Soon they will be soloing 12 man trials :trollface:
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    Also waiting for most wanted updates:
    - Solo dungeon
    - Solo Trials
    - Solo Cyrodiil
    - Localhost gameplay
    - Elder Scrolls Offline
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately the same exists for my friends, I stupidly bought the expansion ahead of time, but THEY HAVE NOT, and refuse to if group queuing isn't brought back. TBH I haven't been playing much since they removed it, it became very boring very fast for someone with less than 810 CP. It was really the only non-CP pvp based content I can find in this game and now that's gone.
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭

Dunno elder SOLO online seems large with SOLO only players..... Soon they will be soloing 12 man trials :trollface:

Love this, I demand I be able to access the same content as raiders by myself, I don't like being forced to group up with people to do content in this game, I paid money so I should be able to do everything solo!
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick_Balza wrote: »
    Also waiting for most wanted updates:
    - Solo dungeon
    - Solo Trials
    - Solo Cyrodiil
    - Localhost gameplay
    - Elder Scrolls Offline

You're probably joking but... Even people who claim they don't want it would probably use all these. Especially solo trials, if only for personal times and bragging rights.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will know when Zos tells you they are bringing it back. Not a moment sooner.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also left the game along with a few friends after this change, guess they don’t like $$$. Since playing mmo’s that have 1/100th the bugs and no performance issues has been nice, never coming back to this garbage.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • RezecNoble_ESO
    As a PvPer who recently returned, I will not be resubbing or buying the expansion either if they don't put group que back in. If I had known it was taken out I wouldn't have resubbed in the first place or bought my son his own copy of the game, was expecting us to be able to que together. After all this is a GROUP event, you should be able to do it with the people you play with.
  • Rapthus
    Rapthus
    Soul Shriven
    Me and friends of mine wouldn't sub in the first place if we knew that there's no group battlegrounds. Unsubbing for now.

Rapthus out.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully never. Don't need a handful of premades ruining the game for everyone.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Hopefully never. Don't need a handful of premades ruining the game for everyone.

You mean ruin the game for players wanting to be antisocial and turn an MMORPG into a paid version of single player elder scrolls games.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will likely be back. It makes no sense that an MMORPG would force people to play with strangers of questionable skill level. If they want to keep the little respect PvP has in the game they will bring back the group queue to retain the more talented players.

And hey, I have no problem with a solo only queue as long as they do a ranked queue that permits grouping for those interested in a more competitive PvP.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One doesn't mean the other. They could add a group queue as well.
    wrote:
    idk wrote: »

It will likely be back. It makes no sense that an MMORPG would force people to play with strangers of questionable skill level. If they want to keep the little respect PvP has in the game they will bring back the group queue to retain the more talented players.

And hey, I have no problem with a solo only queue as long as they do a ranked queue that permits grouping for those interested in a more competitive PvP.

[snip]

Many talented players would like competitive group play too. A group queue with regustered teams and leaderboards seperate to the solo queue would cause no problems.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 25, 2020 1:39PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best idea would to be to have a queue for both solo and group play, but if we can only have one than I prefer solo.
  • dangerturk
    dangerturk
    Soul Shriven

This. Grown up crybabies who can't find anyone to play with them, ruined the game for me and my gf. We tried to get back into ESO in 2020, since we had around 500 hours together prior to ESO becoming a solo player game. The moment we realized we can't play pvp content together anymore, we uninstalled the game instantly. Was really hyped for the first few minutes to spend time and money on the game again, what a huge dissapointment and a slap in the face!
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dangerturk wrote: »

This. Grown up crybabies who can't find anyone to play with them, ruined the game for me and my gf. We tried to get back into ESO in 2020, since we had around 500 hours together prior to ESO becoming a solo player game. The moment we realized we can't play pvp content together anymore, we uninstalled the game instantly. Was really hyped for the first few minutes to spend time and money on the game again, what a huge dissapointment and a slap in the face!

Me and the gf did the same after this change, been playing a bunch of mmo's for a few weeks at a time. A little bit of SWTOR, FFXIV, and now BDO. Definitely been more fun than wasting time in ESO, which is only ever getting more bugs and worse performance wise.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
  • NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will probably not fully return to the game untill they add duo or grouping of some kind.

At the moment I'm just logging on each day to do my daily writs.

It's ridiculous that an online game is only catering for solo player's.
    Edited by NaomiHutt on April 28, 2020 6:27AM
  • RezecNoble_ESO
    NaomiHutt wrote: »

That's the sad, sad truth. It keeps getting debated back and forth, but at the end of the day its an MMO. If you cant beat a premade team go find a guild. Nobody is stopping them from finding a guild or friends, but this change STOPS us from playing BGs with our friends, guilds, spouses, children etc. This is a GAME BREAKING change.
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    NaomiHutt wrote: »

That's the sad, sad truth. It keeps getting debated back and forth, but at the end of the day its an MMO. If you cant beat a premade team go find a guild. Nobody is stopping them from finding a guild or friends, but this change STOPS us from playing BGs with our friends, guilds, spouses, children etc. This is a GAME BREAKING change.

this 10000000000x
  • SebDeTyra
    SebDeTyra
    ✭✭✭
    They should make a solo queue and premade queue. It's not fair that friends can't play together and it's also not fair pre-mades on discord ripping apart 4 solo players.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    I am waiting when group bg will be back. But seems like no matter how much we are talking about this and how much threads we made here - nobody cares. So, I will just cancel subscription and wait till group bg back. Friends are not playing ESO anyway now.
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• MicahMahaffey
    MicahMahaffey
    ✭✭
    I've stopped playing since they removed my favorite activity, my fiance and I started ESO to play together, not watch eachother play solo.

It's really sad because they claimed this was just a test and yet here we are... with no update on if they'll fix it
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope its soon, need a solo one and a group one, would help everyone enjoy things their way let the groups fight each other, and let the solo people enjoy random things.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It can't get any worse than it is now, the removal of group queue ruined battlegrounds as far as any high level PvP is concerned. The group finder tool is incapable of making balanced teams and the only reason it happened before is because there was duos queueing with a good comp.
    Edited by precambria on May 11, 2020 8:02PM
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I won't be resubbing or buying the expansion if they put group queue back in. Go play Cyrodil, or IC for facerollplar/magsorc pet [snip] grouping.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 16, 2020 5:48PM
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the whole 'why don't you just go play Cyrodiil' comments. As if that's even a possibility given the performance in Cyrodiil and how it's completely unplayable for 20 out of every 24 hours each day.

Group Queues need to come back and have a degrading wait timer before being put in the same queue as a the solo players. But overall should be 2 different queue buckets.

• Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point why would you want to come back even if it was re-added. Pvpers have just been treated like 3rd rate costumers for years and if a company was this incompetent once, it's likely to happen again in the future.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo: A Elder Scrolls Online Story :D

It's really getting time for Elder Scrolls VI, so ESO can finally be a MMO again, instead of Crown Crate Slotmachine for people thinking it's another Skyrim remake.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    lol i come back after a year to find this change.

Classic zenimax.

Give me a break.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just adding my voice to the crowd here. BG's are by far my favorite thing to do in this game. I am in a BG guild that was incredibly active, but now they're basically a PVE guild and it makes me sad.

People who think premades just love pug stomping.. have you ever made a premade of your own? Nearly every time my buddies and I made a full 4-man squad, we ended up in the sweatiest matches I've ever seen in my life and we usually lost. Hardly ever was it just a PUG stomp. The rare occasion that it was, we did not enjoy it one bit and we'd usually split up and play solo for most of the match just to make it more fun for everyone.

I've said it a thousand times.. premades were never as much of an issue as people thought. Most of these supposed "premades" were just random decent players. I've gotten whisper accusations of being in a premade many times when it simply was not true. Imbalanced matches still happen all the time. Get 2-3 somewhat experienced players on a team together.. players who know how to position and play smart.. that's all it takes to dominate a match. Coms not necessary. It still happens all the time, but it's worse now because I have no way to guarantee I'll end up on a team of players who know what they're doing. So it's just luck of that draw whether or not I get "the good team".