Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any news about this Battleground... "Experiment"?

• Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    The solo que works better for anyone who wants to go to battlegrounds without three friends going at the same time.

The change only hurt the people group queing in battlegrounds. Solo que works out much, much better for those that are wanting some BG's without the hassle of rounding up some friends.

you think so eh? take a look at my signature spoiler screen shots, every one of those matches are "solo-Q", do you think the other teams feel like it's working out in their favor? do you think they wish they could have brought a friend or two to deal with me? hmm?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solo que works better for anyone who wants to go to battlegrounds without three friends going at the same time.

The change only hurt the people group queing in battlegrounds. Solo que works out much, much better for those that are wanting some BG's without the hassle of rounding up some friends.

you think so eh? take a look at my signature spoiler screen shots, every one of those matches are "solo-Q", do you think the other teams feel like it's working out in their favor? do you think they wish they could have brought a friend or two to deal with me? hmm?

I would remove the non-DM matches and games you didn't win from your signature photo gallery. Why are you hiding your class though?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baek Ryun. Lest we forget.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo que bg been super fun for me. I support zos’s decision. Way more close games
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh op did not win and that game was not deathmatch. No idea if that is low mmr or even below 50 bg.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would remove the non-DM matches and games you didn't win from your signature photo gallery. Why are you hiding your class though?

fwiw appears just to be saving space. one of the first one shows berek bonedragon is a templar, but there are at other chars in the screenshots he is playing.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but MMR is so busted right now, it placed Thogard in an *under 50* BG. lol.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed BG's a lot more since it was made a solo queue, but if it is feasible I think they should add a group queue. Most the time the matches are really good. With the odd occasion where your team farms everyone or gets farmed 😂
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »

I never joined with four people. I rarely joined with three ( I think 3 games total ). I typically solo or duo'd. Solo queue works much worse for me, since I play PvP in MMORPGs to play with my friends. My endgame is pvp with friend(s); bgs were that. Now Cyro is, and so I spend much less time in BGs. I don't even bother solo queueing anymore, given the rewards are pretty meh anyway.

You never needed four friends to be competitive. Yes, there were premades, but at least on PC NA, there were not so many running that without 3 others it sucked. I do believe that having the option to avoid playing against a 4 stack makes sense. I do not think taking away any chance to play with a friend makes sense.

Plenty of my friends quit over this change. I think they would return if it was reverted (even partially to duos).

premedes (2/3/4) should have a separate lineup. in no case should you return a single queue
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never joined with four people. I rarely joined with three ( I think 3 games total ). I typically solo or duo'd. Solo queue works much worse for me, since I play PvP in MMORPGs to play with my friends. My endgame is pvp with friend(s); bgs were that. Now Cyro is, and so I spend much less time in BGs. I don't even bother solo queueing anymore, given the rewards are pretty meh anyway.

You never needed four friends to be competitive. Yes, there were premades, but at least on PC NA, there were not so many running that without 3 others it sucked. I do believe that having the option to avoid playing against a 4 stack makes sense. I do not think taking away any chance to play with a friend makes sense.

Plenty of my friends quit over this change. I think they would return if it was reverted (even partially to duos).

The pre-made groups and friends are in TS or discord together communicating and coordinating with voice comes. So, ya, there should be two options, one where you que solo, and when where premade groups que as a group. ...but apparently they only giving us one option, like it or not.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a thought that should provide some comic relief to this discussion no matter your feelings.

If group finder manages to create a group with four members, we should maybe just be thankful it's going that well, because often times you don't even get a full group.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2Pissue wrote: »
    Even if ZOS splits que between solo and groups, group players will rage because they're matched against other organized groups while they want to farm noobs

doubt it. some groups may have formed to farm noobs (and I heard about mmr resets etc), but a lot of groups were after competitive matches, and had to wait long queue times b efore to get games anyway.

doubt it.

Why do you think ZOS made the change in the first place??

Because of the overwhelming complaints about pre-mades versus solos.

Complaints by a non representative forum population.

I am co gm of the largest bg guild na. Maybe 10% of our guild was solo only, and didnt interact with group vs group nights.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

Complaints by a non representative forum population.

I am co gm of the largest bg guild na. Maybe 10% of our guild was solo only, and didnt interact with group vs group nights.

So a Guild full of People playing as premades didnt complain About premades, how statistically representative.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • wylievc
    wylievc
    ✭✭✭
    There is a lot of personal perception going on here. Especially for those who maintain how big the issue was for premades; players who don't really do BGs as their main activity or really more than their dailies, those that come in and get mad at their team for not carrying them to a second place so they can get their bonus and get out, imo.

For people who play BGs primarily (you know the ones because you see their names over an over) most don't like the change. I've probably played well over 500 BGs since the change and honestly the community health has dropped and most of those core community players tend to agree the solo queue change was detrimental or down right stupid.

The fact is they called this an experiment but what it really was is a bandaid to muzzle those non-BG vocal players who didn't like the way something they didn't play was. Yes there are a lot of players who might say it's better now because I can actually play it now. But the core community for BGs has dwindled and been more frustrated now than ever.

It's not even logical why can't a player team up with others and strategize in order to win a competitive mode? Why don't we make it so that every time you enter Cyrodiil you get placed on a random faction, and can't choose that to be the same faction as your friends/group/guild? What would you expect? It would be mayhem no objectives would get taken people would just fight at a couple of popular hotspots.

That's what we have now in BGs every game mode has turned into a Deathmatch, every man for themselves. No working together, unless your team happens to luck out and then you stomp the other two worse than when premades came in the first place (which was more rare than what's happening now). Queue times have gotten worse than ever and matches with shorthanded teams is commonplace. Only difference now is I can't share the experience with my friend.
    Edited by wylievc on May 17, 2020 6:56PM
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im seeing 16+ minute solo queues in prime time. This change is an abject failure
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope at least zos reset their metric again. I am pissed of 10+ minutes queue time again.
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Im seeing 16+ minute solo queues in prime time. This change is an abject failure

Same and I really hope that with the new update the stats will be reset.
    Because I can!
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of people are quitting or talking about it over this, the people who complain were just doing dailies for the most part and guess what they still complain about premades -____- most of them were just parroting streamers anyway, most of which have a vested interest in not fighting people who play well together.

We told them what would happen, people always in BG know the scene K, now it's happening big surprise to no one. Duo queues need to be implemented or it will just be a mostly dead minigame in a game with no other viable PvP options, the group finder system is incapable of making balanced teams the only damn way that can happen is if people form duo with those they can play well with which will give a core to a group for solo players to play off of. There is not enough players to support separate queues, just purely on the ground of you should be able to play with friends in an Online game in *an unrated minigame mode with no real rewards* the idea that it needs to be balanced around dailies pugs is INSANE, , listen to the people who actually play it the most and the best please.
  • wylievc
    wylievc
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't the population left after everyone is quitting due to the solo queue change to have a solo and group option separately. The best and easiest way to progress the experiment is to implement duo queue into the solo queue. I do think ultimately there should be two queues, one that is solo/duo queue and one that is full open grouping queue. And most importantly, you shall be able to select both queues (that you are eligible for) to enter both queues simultaneously, like normal/vet queues.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've left and aren't coming back, enjoy the bandaid fix on the broken mmr system.
    Edited by Alomar on May 21, 2020 6:01PM
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    Just checking, has anyone found any official tweet, post, response to this yet? Anything? I was really hoping it would have been addressed in their recent patch notes on the PTS. :(
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it... A friend of mine basically only played for battlegrounds with me because he was bored with everything else so now he doesnt even play... horrible decision.. it is a gametype that promotes teamplay and now you cant even have a proper team?
  • igniz93
    igniz93
    ✭✭✭
    My friends that just recently started playing ESO, quicky lost interest in the game due to the fact that we can't play BGs together (we're big fans of battlegrounds).
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    So you enjoy 500v0v15 scores better?
    or if facing completely premades while premade 75v125v100 after 15 minutes?

Yes, because even if i'm the team with the 15 (let's be honest, that won't happen), I at least have a decent challenge ahead of me... This current form of battlegrounds is just an easy excuse for daily experience at best. :(
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

At this time, there are no immediate plans to reintroduce group queuing for PvP Battlegrounds in ESO. We are focusing on game performance improvements, and monitoring PvP Battlegrounds activity and feedback. If we do consider reintroducing group queueing for PvP Battlegrounds in the future, we’ll let everyone know.
    Staff Post
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

At this time, there are no immediate plans to reintroduce group queuing for PvP Battlegrounds in ESO. We are focusing on game performance improvements, and monitoring PvP Battlegrounds activity and feedback. If we do consider reintroducing group queueing for PvP Battlegrounds in the future, we’ll let everyone know.

That is terribly disappointing for my friends and I, but thank you for reaching out and providing this response.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know the guys what game you play, but before, I also played BG with my friend. And the more our MMR became, the more terrible the BG became. In the end, we just stopped playing there. Premeides became unbearable. I often began to see groups that, getting against the premides, simply refused to go down.
    I am against duo of queues, this is also a serious advantage. Solo BG is now playing much better. And the higher your MMR, the more pleasant the game and the better the balance. It used to be the other way around.
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on May 20, 2020 6:46PM
    PC/EU
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Thanks for the update.

Very disappointed. BGs and group play in general in ESO will continue to stagnate as a result. Performance improvements to date have made the game substantially worse. Those of us that tried to shift to Cyrodil because of this decision have been met with an awful gameplay experience. My friends have largely quit, none of whom ran 4 stack groups or whatever in BGs. Most of us just want to have a playable gameplay experience in PvP. Cyrodil doesn't offer that. Attempts to make it better have, at best, been unsuccessful. Hopefully that trend reverses.
    Edited by mav1234 on May 20, 2020 6:53PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all,

Finally some good news
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Thanks for the update.

Very disappointed. BGs and group play in general in ESO will continue to stagnate as a result. Performance improvements to date have made the game substantially worse. Those of us that tried to shift to Cyrodil because of this decision have been met with an awful gameplay experience. My friends have largely quit, none of whom ran 4 stack groups or whatever in BGs. Most of us just want to have a playable gameplay experience in PvP. Cyrodil doesn't offer that. Attempts to make it better have, at best, been unsuccessful. Hopefully that trend reverses.

That is exactly how my friends/guild felt, unfortunately due to everyone quitting our guild is no more, I still linger here with the hopes that things may improve. It’s funny how so many people indicate that “everyone” hated premades in battlegrounds, yet I see an equal amount of players saying they miss the old group queue system. Oh well, we can only hope ZoS will fix Cyrodiil.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another nail in the coffin.