Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Any news about this Battleground... "Experiment"?

• TemplarHealz
    TemplarHealz
    ✭✭✭
    Really interested in what the official word is here. Really miss playing battlegrounds with my girlfriend.
  • z0mbeh
    z0mbeh
    Really interested in what the official word is here. Really miss playing battlegrounds with my girlfriend.

The simple issue that goes way beyond all of the bickering back and forth in this thread... ZOS hasn’t said a word about their plans one way or another even in the ‘official’ thread.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    8 v 8 - 4 man que only
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of players complain that they can not run the BG in two people. I also play this game with a friend and we used to play a lot in BG. I’m Stam NB, he’s Mana Templar. We had different results. We lost and won. Our MMR has grown a little. However, together we stopped long before the queue became only a solo, because at some point, even two players began to register as premides. That is, the two of us are thrown on the friend along with full premides and gives our team two more random players. Since then, matches on the BG`s have become unbearable. ZOS did the right thing by equating the two players to the premides. And it is the queuing of two or three people that is the main reason why many people who start the queue on the BG alone get against the party premades.
    Everyone who complains that they can no longer play with a friend should understand that in the queue the premade should consist of only four people. I just want to say that there are quite a few people who will whine, that they can’t get in the queue for BG, because you need to get two or one more people.
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on May 13, 2020 11:45PM
    PC/EU
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of players complain that they can not run the BG in two people. I also play this game with a friend and we used to play a lot in BG. I’m Stam NB, he’s Mana Templar. We had different results. We lost and won. Our MMR has grown a little. However, together we stopped long before the queue became only a solo, because at some point, even two players began to register as premides. That is, the two of us are thrown on the friend along with full premides and gives our team two more random players. Since then, matches on the BG`s have become unbearable. ZOS did the right thing by equating the two players to the premides. And it is the queuing of two or three people that is the main reason why many people who start the queue on the BG alone get against the party premades.
    Everyone who complains that they can no longer play with a friend should understand that in the queue the premade should consist of only four people. I just want to say that there are quite a few people who will whine, that they can’t get in the queue for BG, because you need to get two or one more people.

Allow solos and duos. Everyone should be able to live with that. Also,
    Mana Templar
    :smiley:

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭

Mana Templar

that would honestly be enough for me, Solo/DuoQ option
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand why zos removes groups for BG’s but also disagree with it because this is a mmo it should promote group play. That also being said I ply mostly solo because I haven’t found many people to play with again but with how bad cyro is now that I’m actually in good guilds that have player to play with now I can’t do BG’s with guild mates to have not shite performance. I actually enjoyed fighting premades I liked the challenge I may of lost a good bit I put up a good fight. Now BG’s is either a 1v1v1 or being killed by a team of 4 mag sorcs while fighting the other team.
    Summary BG’s where more enjoyable with groups aloud
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭
    BGs in my experience are far worse now, especially that I can't group with my friend that I have been gaming with for 15 years. Sure I have faced pre-mades but it wasn't the end of the world and it didn't happen all the time.

I feel like tons of groups now are just super players that end up getting put together and stomping the less experienced'geared team. Newer players will be turned away from the experience after getting one-shot by some meta built toon, especially after they corpse hump them to display their dominance???

Group and solo queues should exist.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    What are you saying? Every pug/group finder complaint thread for the past five years shows that newbs are doing the random normal. The Exp is the bait.

Chimpy was saying that the exp is the bait. It’s designed as newb bait. If Zos is fishing for newbs, there’s going to be newbs in the water. Hence, BGs are filled with newbs, because Zos chooses newb bait. So if there are newbs, you gotta keep the water balance right and not throw them in with acidic premades.

I mean, it's quite simple what I'm saying. Just because newbies are doing the content it doesn't mean it's a newb only content and balanced only with newbies in mind. Which is what Chimpy's comment was implying when he questioned the point of existence of such a thread, using the daily random xp bonus as an argument.

There is a thing to separate newbies from vets, it's called MMR. The very same way there is CP filter to prevent under-levelled players queuing for vet DLC dungeons. Just because there is an XP bonus for daily normal pledge doesn't mean dungeons are just for newbies are they? And it's evident that MMR at least partially works as a separator because vets get 10-15 min queues and only meet each other and whenever they reset it we see what happens.

Every game will try to draw new players into its features with promise of rewards. That doesn't make the content newb only.
    You’re right, we’re just full to the seams bursting with players who want to pvp for the fun of it. There never needs to be a push event or any incentives given to tempt people in.

So your first argument was that it's too complicated and second that there's not enough population. Okay...

Your own suggestion is to have two queues, one with solo and one with groups of any size. My suggestion is also two queues, but one for duos and one for 3-man & 4-man groups with solo players falling into both queues the same way you can queue for two dungeons at the same time. As a result in my system there will be more players in each queue than yours because solos are in both. Therefore your argument has no basis... again.

Secondly, every game gives players rewards and incentives to lure people to log in and play. It's gaming 101. There's far better rewards for doing daily pledges (more crystals, gold, item/monster sets etc. ) and yet that what most of eso population seem to be doing anyway. So that's not an argument either.
    So what I’m hearing is you want 4 separate queues

Nope, no one has said that. You're just building straw-man arguments to knock down. You need to read what people are writing, process it and type logical arguments back. Not just hot air.

Edited by Maulkin on May 14, 2020 8:59AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mana Templar

You can not enter the queue for two or three people because of the balance. Imagine that you start the queue on stam sorc and your friend on mana nb, and against you will be a team of two stam necro and another team of one stam dk and warden? Did you?
    PC/EU
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mana Templar

You can not enter the queue for two or three people because of the balance. Imagine that you start the queue on stam sorc and your friend on mana nb, and against you will be a team of two stam necro and another team of one stam dk and warden? Did you?

I'm sorry, what is your point?

No bg queue system in eso has ever had any enforced class distribution. The issue you are citing his present in the current system and in the previous system.

Again, allow solos and Duos to queue, and fill the games to 4 V 4 V 4 as much as possible. If a single team as a Duo and the rest are all randoms, that team may have a slight advantage, but it won't be overwhelming.

I've seen post after post after post people saying they can't play with the one other person they've always BG'ed with. I say let them continue to Q with that friend and play with everyone else who is solo queuing.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on May 14, 2020 5:01PM
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    These threads always baffle me. The fact that a random bg gives 100k xp should demonstrate that this is meant for all potatoes to join. I didn't start taking pvp building seriously until months into the game. For whatever reason zos wants inexperienced and pve potatoes playing. Casuals keep the money flowing not hardcore high MMR folks. New players buy crowns not the folks with millions of gold that can trade for them.

By that reasoning daily normal pledge giving 100k xp means dungeons are designed for inexperienced players or pvp potatoes. Only they are not, so improve your logical argument.

A random normal dungeon isn't for noobs? When should they be played? Should everyone have to perform a skills test before doing a dungeon? My point was that zos wants everyone to be playing them. You're counter argument simply reinforces this.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These threads always baffle me. The fact that a random bg gives 100k xp should demonstrate that this is meant for all potatoes to join. I didn't start taking pvp building seriously until months into the game. For whatever reason zos wants inexperienced and pve potatoes playing. Casuals keep the money flowing not hardcore high MMR folks. New players buy crowns not the folks with millions of gold that can trade for them.

By that reasoning daily normal pledge giving 100k xp means dungeons are designed for inexperienced players or pvp potatoes. Only they are not, so improve your logical argument.

A random normal dungeon isn't for noobs? When should they be played? Should everyone have to perform a skills test before doing a dungeon? My point was that zos wants everyone to be playing them. You're counter argument simply reinforces this.

Ok, evolve that argument a step further to make it relevant to the subject of this thread. It's a thread discussing grouping options in BGs. You come in allegedly baffled by the thread, because "zos wants everyone to be playing them". How does that correlate to grouping, since MMR (rather than grouping) is the tool of distinction between players of different levels.

Maybe I understood your point wrong, but what is it then?
    Edited by Maulkin on May 14, 2020 6:14PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, evolve that argument a step further to make it relevant to the subject of this thread. It's a thread discussing grouping options in BGs. You come in allegedly baffled by the thread, because "zos wants everyone to be playing them". How does that correlate to grouping, since MMR (rather than grouping) is the tool of distinction between players of different levels.

Just because you want every everyone to doesnt mean everyone should play together. That's why sports have different levels like amateur, semi pro, pro
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because you want everyone to play doesn't mean everyone should play together. That's why sports have different levels like amateur, semi pro, pro

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just because you want every everyone to doesnt mean everyone should play together. That's why sports have different levels like amateur, semi pro, pro

But I never argued otherwise. I argued for allowing players to queue in groups and having separate queues instead of forcing everyone solo.

MMR is and should remain the tool of distinction and separation between players of different levels. Just like in any other game.
    Edited by Maulkin on May 14, 2020 6:22PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I never argued otherwise. I argued for allowing players to queue in groups and having separate queues instead of forcing everyone solo.

MMR is and should remain the tool of distinction and separation between players of different levels. Just like in any other game.

We've posted a thousand times that you can't separate the queue, @Maulkin ... due to the increased queue time it would add for both groups and solos alike.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We've posted a thousand times that you can't separate the queue, @Maulkin ... due to the increased queue time it would add for both groups and solos alike.

Is that based on anything but conjecture?
    EU | PC | AD
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    typical non-response from any sort of developer, employee, PR person etc
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played BGs before and after the solo queue change. As a (what I would like to believe) fully competent player that enjoys PVPing solo or with friends; this change has been miserable for battleground health in my opinion.

In the past I've previously mentioned about how my matches felt really like 1v1v1, with three carrying players while the rest tend to be cannon fodder.. At the time, I was skeptical, and took the wide answer of. "It's due to MMR resets".

Well. It's been plenty of time and I could reliably say I've ran 70-100 BGs since that initial moment. That opinion about the players has yet to change, and holy hell does it feel bland and boring.

For an example; I decided to try out a new BG build tonight on my main stamdk. Here's a game that completely highlighted what I'm talking about so disproportionately.

kuzySaL.jpg

If I had the idea of making this post any sooner, I would have taken pictures of a few more of the games i ran like this. I would have to assume this is not what ZOS intended the solo queue system to be... Bland.. 1v1v1 games?

Anyhow; aside from my complaints, have there been any updates on the situation regarding BGs? If so, I'm just blind and havent seen them.

So ZOS is damned if they do, damned if the don't. They don't have the BG population to have to separate queues - one for groups, one for solo. I haven't been back in BGs since the change, but it was welcomed. You are saying it was a choice for people to group or not, which it technically is. But I can say as someone who used BGs as a way to pass time while friends got on, going against premades was miserable - especially on a mag dk.

The BG game types are mostly geared toward burst, speed and mobility. So premades were usually 4 stam or 3 stam and a healer. I couldn't catch any of them, and ran out of stam trying to sprint around the map to different points or if the stam team ran in circles with the Chaos Ball.

So, in order to "have fun", it seemed you were forced to follow the heard and make premades and go in with stam toons...especially if playing during primetime hours.

I get both sides, but if they have to pick one, I support the solo only queue.

As a side note, I spend most of my time in Cyrodiil and Imperial City these days. I find a good mix of fights instead of BG specific builds.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS is damned if they do, damned if the don't. They don't have the BG population to have to separate queues - one for groups, one for solo.

But the choice is not binary. The compromise of allowing solos and duos to Queue seems like an easy, effective solution that would please a larger base of players.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly they should just Experiment with either a solo/duo Queue or a solo Queue and a sepparate Group Queue Option, I really dont see the harm in trying how either of those work out. I like having a solo Queue, or rather I would if Performance wouldnt suck so much and I would actually Play BGs again but some sort of Option Needs to be there for People to Group, be it a solo/duo or a sepparate Group Queue.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    A "group" only queue will cause problems when players queue up in teams of (3), which is why Solo/DuoQ is the best option
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if ZOS splits que between solo and groups, group players will rage because they're matched against other organized groups while they want to farm noobs
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2Pissue wrote: »
    Even if ZOS splits que between solo and groups, group players will rage because they're matched against other organized groups while they want to farm noobs

doubt it. some groups may have formed to farm noobs (and I heard about mmr resets etc), but a lot of groups were after competitive matches, and had to wait long queue times b efore to get games anyway. and an actual group queue, if rewarded right, would draw in people that want to develop an organized group pvp meta more. some of those folks still do solo, others quit.

but anyway a lot of us would be happy with duos, since that is what we did before anyway.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    L2Pissue wrote: »

doubt it. some groups may have formed to farm noobs (and I heard about mmr resets etc), but a lot of groups were after competitive matches, and had to wait long queue times b efore to get games anyway.

doubt it.

Why do you think ZOS made the change in the first place??

Because of the overwhelming complaints about pre-mades versus solos.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    [snip]

[snip] both of us should be able to play the way / with the people we want - whether that is solo or grouped.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 20, 2020 6:37PM
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    So you enjoy 500v0v15 scores better?
    or if facing completely premades while premade 75v125v100 after 15 minutes?

Stomping... versus... stomping? in your first point. Not sure what you're trying to insinuate by that.

Secondly.. Premade grouping was a choice. A choice every player was free to make. If you chose not to make a group for.. (shocking observation.) group content, you shouldn't be too alarmed when other people do.. and succeed because of it, or have longer, more competitive matches between organized groups.

It's almost like Battlegrounds were a team based gamemode. (4v4v4) to promote... grouping.. and teamplay.

[Quoted post removed for Hate Speech]

Even you have a choice to begin messaging and adding players to your friends list from the battlegrounds you play in, eventually you will find a core group of people to play with, it's not hard.... If you are struggling to make friends/groups for battlegrounds it's very possible it's due to your individual skill not being on par with what is needed to be successful in a battlegrounds...

Good players want to play with good players and so forth, the problem with "pre-mades" never existed, it's "fake news", it's just bad players complaining that they are bad and don't want to lose anymore... Surprise, nothing has changed, except you have removed the option for people to play together in a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game.... Good job.

For those of you who argue "it's better", i will be coming for you in battlegrounds, I will devote all of my free time to ruining your games all by myself. I don't need my friends, guilds, etc to stomp on you, it's too easy, you lack skill which is why you complained in the first place.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 17, 2020 10:48AM
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solo que works better for anyone who wants to go to battlegrounds without three friends going at the same time.

The change only hurt the people group queing in battlegrounds. Solo que works out much, much better for those that are wanting some BG's without the hassle of rounding up some friends.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solo que works better for anyone who wants to go to battlegrounds without three friends going at the same time.

The change only hurt the people group queing in battlegrounds. Solo que works out much, much better for those that are wanting some BG's without the hassle of rounding up some friends.

I never joined with four people. I rarely joined with three ( I think 3 games total ). I typically solo or duo'd. Solo queue works much worse for me, since I play PvP in MMORPGs to play with my friends. My endgame is pvp with friend(s); bgs were that. Now Cyro is, and so I spend much less time in BGs. I don't even bother solo queueing anymore, given the rewards are pretty meh anyway.

You never needed four friends to be competitive. Yes, there were premades, but at least on PC NA, there were not so many running that without 3 others it sucked. I do believe that having the option to avoid playing against a 4 stack makes sense. I do not think taking away any chance to play with a friend makes sense.

Plenty of my friends quit over this change. I think they would return if it was reverted (even partially to duos).