Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forgemaster Falls housing is trash

• Drelkag
    Drelkag
    ✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm that we are working on a fix for this for consoles to be included in a future update.

while you are at it, can you do a general pass all houses with this same problem? Many are listed. I would add the storage house in linchel Manor needs a new roof to keep the water out.

these are expensive to buy, it really is your duty to not sit on these bugs for years.

Just to clarify, we're looking at fixing it for all houses not just Forgemaster Falls.

Great news.
    @drelkag on the NA server
  • Túrin_Vidsmidr
    Túrin_Vidsmidr
    ✭✭✭
    You know it's an Elder Scrolls game because it rains where it shouldn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the home and think having a crafting style home would be fantastic. My orc already has Pariah's Pinnacle so I won't be getting it right now but he would love it as a summer home in future. I am getting all my characters their own home so I still need to get my vampire breton a home (probably daggerfall overlook) and a dunmer nightblade old hag needs a home. She's a bit shady so the thieves oasis might be a good fit or Erstwhile sanctuary.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    When was the last time they released a house you could by wtih gold.. Coldharbour?

Aside from the inn rooms, Alinor Townhouse, I think?
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should include an umbrella with every housing purchase?
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Honestly I had hoped they would at least let us be able to buy it with gold this time or keep it in the store longer. But noooo, it's gotta be an exclusive limited time offer only now BUY BUY BUY!

Yeah I was really disappointed with the way they handled elsweyr housing. Both notables are exclusives and can't buy either one right now. Lucky cat landing which is the only house left, is only available for crowns. I don't count lunar hall or the meadow because one, it's a meadow and lunar is a reward that entails opening up areas. I was away when both exclusive homes were released so thought I would at least get lucky cat. It's a cute little place with a view and I love elsweyr decor and kitty people, but can't buy with gold. Even the summerset townhouse you can buy with gold.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky cat landing is a really nice home - and the upper court yard fits all crafting stations pretty well - nicely integrated in the available wall space there. so it doesn't litter the place. i'm perfectly happy to have bought it with my subscription crowns.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Lucky cat landing is a really nice home - and the upper court yard fits all crafting stations pretty well - nicely integrated in the available wall space there. so it doesn't litter the place. i'm perfectly happy to have bought it with my subscription crowns.

The thing that bothers me is how run down and dirty it looks, especially inside. I know that fits the theme of the area, with all the disasters that have been going on, but it would bother me that I couldn't clean it up after buying it. I'd end up using a lot of furnishing slots just to hide the walls, and that would restrict what I could do with the place otherwise.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

The thing that bothers me is how run down and dirty it looks, especially inside. I know that fits the theme of the area, with all the disasters that have been going on, but it would bother me that I couldn't clean it up after buying it. I'd end up using a lot of furnishing slots just to hide the walls, and that would restrict what I could do with the place otherwise.

This is one thing I can assure you they don't care what the players think.

We have been complaining about broken, run down, moldy, and otherwise decrepit and dilapidated (expensive) housing for years. And they keep on cranking out the same trashed homes.... with not even an option to restore them to original condition. I mean, how hard would it be to offer two options: one as the damaged housing they prefer to make, and one as a pristine, restored version. Heck, I'd even pay a little bit more to have a "move in ready" home that doesn't need repairs! Instead, they'd rather have us waste our very limited housing slots on cover ups, fake walls and floors, and other furnishings of which the primary function is to cover up poor or deliberately bad design elements.

I just don't get it! It actually takes more work to render a broken down section of wall than a pristine one.... so it's obviously an intended "feature." Why not just let the few players who want their homes to look run down do so with their own piles of rubble and so forth, and let the rest of us not have to worry about covering it up?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

This is one thing I can assure you they don't care what the players think.

We have been complaining about broken, run down, moldy, and otherwise decrepit and dilapidated (expensive) housing for years. And they keep on cranking out the same trashed homes.... with not even an option to restore them to original condition. I mean, how hard would it be to offer two options: one as the damaged housing they prefer to make, and one as a pristine, restored version. Heck, I'd even pay a little bit more to have a "move in ready" home that doesn't need repairs! Instead, they'd rather have us waste our very limited housing slots on cover ups, fake walls and floors, and other furnishings of which the primary function is to cover up poor or deliberately bad design elements.

I just don't get it! It actually takes more work to render a broken down section of wall than a pristine one.... so it's obviously an intended "feature." Why not just let the few players who want their homes to look run down do so with their own piles of rubble and so forth, and let the rest of us not have to worry about covering it up?

Oh I know ZOS prefer to make them that way for whatever reason and they're not likely to change just because players don't like it. I'm just sharing, as part of a discussion between players, my thoughts on the house. It's a nice layout, location etc. and although it's frustrating that it's crown store only at least we got a new house which isn't gigantic and massively over price. But for me the aesthetic ruins it.

I'd actually really like the option to buy either the run down versions ZOS prefers or repaired versions. Or, even better, a way to repair and clean up a house after buying it (without wasting a bunch of furniture slots on hiding the original state of the place). Both because that would be more immersive and because it would give us the option for an intermediate stage - maybe cleaning up one room at a time or leaving some areas/objects unrepaired. (If I remember correctly that's how it worked in Skyrim - you bought furnishings for a room at a time and until you did that room had cobwebs and junk over it.)

Although ZOS have occasionally responded to player feedback on housing. They started giving us more construction objects like stairs, walls and platforms after they realised a lot of people were building those things from whatever we had, and they created the Coldharbour Estate and then Moonsugar Meadow to give us spaces to build in. That's about the only examples but it's better than nothing. I keep hoping if enough people say it they'll get the message on wanting smaller homes and less run down ones too.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like the bulk of many other player houses - it rains INSIDE. How does this get past QA testing and HOW has it not been fixed yet?? You expect people to pay 6000+ crowns for these things, for crying out loud -- FIX IT.

https://youtu.be/S1YPREDAZPE

HAHAHA, this got me! testing in ZO$. Thats a good one.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Although ZOS have occasionally responded to player feedback on housing. They started giving us more construction objects like stairs, walls and platforms after they realised a lot of people were building those things from whatever we had, and they created the Coldharbour Estate and then Moonsugar Meadow to give us spaces to build in. That's about the only examples but it's better than nothing. I keep hoping if enough people say it they'll get the message on wanting smaller homes and less run down ones too.

Y'know, I grew up in the 50s, being dragged around the country because my father was a draftsman for Kellogg and other oil company construction outfits. And we lived in some TRULY awful places, because SE Texas, middle California, and other areas were high rent even back then, and draftsmen didn't make a lot of money. Seriously. The run down trash heaps some of these (kind of expensive) houses are remind me of places I lived as a child. *shudder*

So yeah. I want clean spaces to decorate, not have to use up a lot of slots to fix the roach hotels.... And no, I'm NOT going to tell "that" story.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc racial home should not be limited time imo, the Viking longhouse style home should have been there from the start. Its a basic tenet of Elder Scrolls that orcs live in these. This is more like a miniature orc village, which is fine for a super expensive/limited thing but a regular longhouse should be available at all times.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There are at least 7 things wrong with it:

1. Weird, disjointed floor plan, like there are rooms missing.
    2. Two long corridors, each leading to only one room. No normal house is like this.
    3. Only 4 rooms, in total, including the hall.
    4. Badly placed windows and wall panels, which, in some cases, make hanging curtains impossible.
    5. Too mouldy and dilapidated, even for people who don't mind a bit of faded grandeur.
    6. Too many different wall colours/styles in one small house.
    7. Too few furnishing slots for the size, especially if you extend the patio (which you really need to, to add another much needed room).
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know this one spent the weekend furnishing Claws Shores.

The landscape is stunning. Really love it. So much you can do with it yes.

Just personally most of the buildings, aside from the forge, are surplus to requirements.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

2. Two long corridors, each leading to only one room. No normal house is like this.
    4. Badly placed windows and wall panels, which, in some cases, make hanging curtains impossible.
    5. Too mouldy and dilapidated, even for people who don't mind a bit of faded grandeur.
    7. Too few furnishing slots for the size, especially if you extend the patio (which you really need to, to add another much needed room).

400 slots for furniture is more than enough for this house. I personally like the grunge look of the house, it is old and should look like it. it is all a bit weathered and shows the traces of time. I really like it.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd simply like to say that I bought Forgemaster Falls and I'm really very happy with it. It has loads of potential and I'm going to enjoy creating my first Orc home. I'm a sucker for a forge.

Yeah, it'd be nice if it didn't rain inside, but hopefully that'll be fixed soon (maybe today?).
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgemaster looked like a nice place. Need to take another look at this one.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • SnackyPackChamp
    SnackyPackChamp
    ✭✭✭
    I do love this house and my main is an Orc crafter, but it's tough for me to spend so much when I've really only just started the game.

Hopefully this is the kind of thing that'll come back next year or so; maybe then I'll have enough gold for furninshings and crowns to buy it.

For now, I guess Gar'll have to stay in his room in Ebonheart...

If you wanted to build some on houses that you can get with gold, I'd recommend the small Nord house, the medium Orc house, or the large Orc house. They all have a secluded feel and the small or medium home wouldn't be too hard to decorate. It could be something for you to do while you are waiting for this house to come back.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Autumn's-Gate

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Mournoth_Keep

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Forsaken_Stronghold
  • Ulfberht
    Ulfberht
    ✭✭
    Will this house ever be brought back? I was just looking to buy it and it shows it is not for sale.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

400 slots for furniture is more than enough for this house. I personally like the grunge look of the house, it is old and should look like it. it is all a bit weathered and shows the traces of time. I really like it.

Well, we obviously all have our own opinions and that is fine.

I don't mind a bit of grunge, I just find it a bit too mouldy (you can almost smell it!) and that, combined with the sloppily placed windows and odd layout, ruin what could otherwise be one of the nicer houses in the game.

As we do all have our own opinions, though, directly contradicting someone, by categorically stating it does have enough (or even too many!) slots, when they have said it hasn't (in their opinion), is kind of pointless, don't you think?

I, personally, just don't really see the point of decorating something, in a game with an historical look and old/antique looking furnishings, if you can't do it fairly lavishly and opulently.

If you can't add much detail...

It's not like we're given modern looking apartments, with perfectly finished white walls and futuristic furniture and accessories, where it would look far more appropriate to go with a minimalist look.

We're given places that should look detailed, eclectic and lived-in.

Haven't decorated Lucky Cat, yet, but I have decorated enough houses, by now, to know 400 won't be enough for me, with the greenhouse porch extension I added.

I will be able to make it look OK, when I finally do it, but I will not be able to make it feel truly complete, like I have my Snow Globe and the awkward placement of the windows will always irk me.

The Snow Globe has 600 slots, so it's not like there isn't a precedent.

Lucky Cat should have had that many, too, in my opinion.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped buying homes after the Wraithhome dropped, homes are great but these big ones still look empty after reaching max capacity.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to pop back in this thread and confirm that the raining inside issue should be fixed when Update 26 launches on console. Thank you again for your patience here.
    Staff Post
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker please tell me that is also on Sleek Creek and other interior /undersides that rain where they shouldnt???
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker please tell me that is also on Sleek Creek and other interior /undersides that rain where they shouldnt???

Correct, the issue affects multiple houses and should be resolved with the next update.
    Staff Post
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like the bulk of many other player houses - it rains INSIDE. How does this get past QA testing and HOW has it not been fixed yet?? You expect people to pay 6000+ crowns for these things, for crying out loud -- FIX IT.

https://youtu.be/S1YPREDAZPE

For any and all Gods' sake! Not even the Crown Store is working now? I think we the customers are deserving to know why and how things like this can even happen after 6 years live on the market. Is it due to cut backs? Is it due to human errors? Is it due to not really bothering with any Q&A? What?
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then you got the homes with all the water and you can't fish in any of it. It's not like it would give anyone an advantage. There are a number of fishing spots that almost insta respawn when you fish in the area.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the home a lot but am still decorating Pariah's Pinnacle. I was expecting though a nordic home of a similar style and not an orcish one, I know some players will nord it up and I suppose that's an option. I think a place like this would be good for nords with the new boat available in Greymoor. Maybe eventually I might get it but housing is expensive and I haven't decorated my homes I have already and new homes are coming out all the time so it's picking priorities because I can't afford it all until I win the lottery.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raining indoors has been around since the original Morrowind was released. :D
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct, the issue affects multiple houses and should be resolved with the next update.

Any chance there will be a fix for sand blowing indoors (or a toggle) at the Thieves Oasis, @ZOS_SarahHecker ? I built a pretty deep cave, and the sand still blows sideways through solid rock walls.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.