The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Forgemaster Falls housing is trash

• ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm that we are working on a fix for this for consoles to be included in a future update.
    Staff Post
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm that we are working on a fix for this for consoles to be included in a future update.

why did this go live when it seems you knew about it?
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    When was the last time they released a house you could by wtih gold.. Coldharbour?

Summerset

edited to add: I fell in love with this house when I first saw it on PTS and was willing to use crowns to buy it, even though I'd love it even more if it was available for gold. My problem is that I didn't have time to save enough crowns to buy it, and since it's a limited time offer, I won't get it.
    Edited by KMarble on March 13, 2020 2:54PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    When was the last time they released a house you could by wtih gold.. Coldharbour?

Not purchaseable for gold, but Elsweyr did add the Hall of the Lunar Champion which is obtainable ingame and not from the store.

Which was surprising in the endless line of new limited crown houses...
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

while you are at it, can you do a general pass all houses with this same problem? Many are listed. I would add the storage house in linchel Manor needs a new roof to keep the water out.

these are expensive to buy, it really is your duty to not sit on these bugs for years.
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked this house very much when it was announced. I'll likely buy it even with rain inside pretending hagravens cursed it.
    I have some subscription crowns saved, so I don't mind the price.
    I'm glad it's not a notable 12k crowns home. The large home with sand is just not appealing to me.
    But I agree 100%, releasing content with such bugs is just lame and limiting time for such things would rather decrease profit than increase it.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

while you are at it, can you do a general pass all houses with this same problem? Many are listed. I would add the storage house in linchel Manor needs a new roof to keep the water out.

these are expensive to buy, it really is your duty to not sit on these bugs for years.

Just to clarify, we're looking at fixing it for all houses not just Forgemaster Falls.
    Staff Post
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to clarify, we're looking at fixing it for all houses not just Forgemaster Falls.

great, thanks. My bed keep getting wet and i think theres some odd mold growing.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, but I have been waiting on an orc longhouse. I was toying with ideas of how to build my own and fitting it on an existing property.

It hasn't rained there when I was in it on PTS or on Live so far, I think (for players) this bug is hard to notice because it relies on the weather (which we cannot change ourselves *cough*). Good catch. (is this a console-only bug? I am on PC - but lack of rain...)

Maybe their QA team that tests houses needs to add a "rain doesn't fall in areas with roofs" to their checklist. I hope THEY can control the weather.
    Edited by Mix on March 13, 2020 9:53PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that the longhouse didn't have doors. I wonder if there's something like the drapey doors of the Bosmer houses that could be used, or something like strings of beads....
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me this house is almost, but not quite, perfect. I've been thinking for a while about what I'd really like from a house (other than the ones I've already got) and my wish list is basically:
    • Large outside space with greenery
    • Inside space which isn't massive, could look like a house (not a temple or tomb which happens to have someone living in it) and isn't in ruins or filthy
    • Water deep and wide enough to swim in
    • Sea view
    • Waterfall/s would be a nice bonus

This obviously checks all the boxes, and I like the combination of mountain views and seafront, but there's some things I'm not keen on. It's further north than I'd like, lots of hard surfaces meaning I'd have to add a lot of plants to get it looking the way I want, the biggest building doesn't have a door, the house has two more windows on the outside than the inside, the interior space is split between two buildings, and I'm actually not keen on the forge building - I'd rather use that space for something else.

The biggest barrier is that it has to be bought with crowns. If gold was an option I'd get it because that's basically free, but it's about £30 and I find myself thinking about all the other things I could do with that money, and wondering if I want to buy a virtual house which isn't ideal or keep waiting for one that is.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally just can't even with the Housing team right now. Missing windows on the inside of houses was something I could forgive in 2017, but they're still releasing fundamentally flawed houses years later?

I hate to bash a game I love so much and have spent so many hours enjoying, but things like this? On top of the enchanted lighting bug that's been plaguing houses for years (but doesn't fundamentally ruin any particular house like the rain bug and therefore remains ignored)? It's pretty demoralizing.

The Housing community deserves better, and I'm really starting to understand why people who play this game primarily for housing are starting to leave.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why did this go live when it seems you knew about it?

Because they knew it wasn't a widely known issue and so they could definitely cash in on Housing Players enthusiasm to have a long house?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a look at this house, and I love it. The accommodation is ok, nothing special but nothing bad either, and the open landscape is great. I'm likely to buy it on my first account and as the 6 monthly sub just renewed it won't cost me anything. I have no other use for the free crowns. In any event, I think the cost is reasonable compared to some other house prices.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    For me this house is almost, but not quite, perfect. I've been thinking for a while about what I'd really like from a house (other than the ones I've already got) and my wish list is basically:
    • Inside space which isn't massive, could look like a house (not a temple or tomb which happens to have someone living in it) and isn't in ruins or filthy
    • Sea view

This obviously checks all the boxes, and I like the combination of mountain views and seafront, but there's some things I'm not keen on. It's further north than I'd like, lots of hard surfaces meaning I'd have to add a lot of plants to get it looking the way I want, the biggest building doesn't have a door, the house has two more windows on the outside than the inside, the interior space is split between two buildings, and I'm actually not keen on the forge building - I'd rather use that space for something else.

The biggest barrier is that it has to be bought with crowns. If gold was an option I'd get it because that's basically free, but it's about £30 and I find myself thinking about all the other things I could do with that money, and wondering if I want to buy a virtual house which isn't ideal or keep waiting for one that is.

Ok, i can clearly see why you want that house - it really has what you are looking for. Gold though isn't free, it costed your time and effort to get it. i on the other side think that crowns from ESO+ are basically free, those crowns I get with the subscription would cost not much less, but without the subscription features. Seen like this it is kind of free, if i would want it, because i don't like to play without ESO+ anyway. My last subscription got me lucky cats landing including furnishings.

Well, Tandor posted a similar view on the crown price just above my post.
    Edited by Lysette on March 14, 2020 1:36AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it just wasn't "orc".... *sigh* I'm SO not into orcs or their "stuff".

I want this "holt" sort of thing for Bretons, Redguards.... If they do that, I'll buy it happily. Yeah. For crowns. I'm not spending crowns on orc or nord stuff.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »
    • Sea view

Ok, i can clearly see why you want that house - it really has what you are looking for. Gold though isn't free, it costed your time and effort to get it. i on the other side think that crowns from ESO+ are basically free, those crowns I get with the subscription would cost not much less, but without the subscription features. Seen like this it is kind of free, if i would want it, because i don't like to play without ESO+ anyway. My last subscription got me lucky cats landing including furnishings.

Well, Tandor posted a similar view on the crown price just above my post.

Thing is I don't farm gold, either directly or by grinding dungeons or whatever for stuff to sell. All the gold I have on my account was obtained passively while playing for fun, doing things I'd do anyway even if there was no gold reward. At most it took me the tiny bit of time required to go through the menu to sell stuff, and that's negligable. I didn't spend any more time to get the gold than I would otherwise, which is what I meant when I said it's basically free.

It's the same idea as your ESO+ crowns. You'd pay for ESO+ even if it didn't include the crowns, I'd play the game even if I wasn't getting gold.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Orc has been wanting a longhouse home in Wrothgar for a long time. So there was a lot of initial intrest in this one. But then we discover that the house is the square box, and the longhouse is just a shed. Making it crown-only and limited-time put it firmly in the NOT column.

But it came so close. If the door was on the other building, so the square box became a craft hall. and if I could buy it for gold, then I'd keep everything else about it. Location, layout (bar the one bad choice), and size were all just right.
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say that those wanting to purchase houses for gold instead of crowns (like me) should use the in game feedback option in addition to posting on the forums. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If enough feedback is provided in game (not just forums) the devs may start to take some action.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But $50 bucks for pixeled house feels like they've pushed the Crown Store concept over the edge.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    My Orc has been wanting a longhouse home in Wrothgar for a long time. So there was a lot of initial intrest in this one. But then we discover that the house is the square box, and the longhouse is just a shed. Making it crown-only and limited-time put it firmly in the NOT column.

But it came so close. If the door was on the other building, so the square box became a craft hall. and if I could buy it for gold, then I'd keep everything else about it. Location, layout (bar the one bad choice), and size were all just right.

Maybe there's a way of "furnishing" a door?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »

Maybe there's a way of "furnishing" a door?

It's a question of which building constitutes the interior space, not just the door itself. You can't make that change, only ZOS can.
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    I like it but if it's not avaiable for gold I won't buy it
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But $50 bucks for pixeled house feels like they've pushed the Crown Store concept over the edge.

I'm not saying this price is reasonable, but have you seen what they normally charge for crown-exclusive houses? Most of them are 12,000 - 15,000 crowns apart from the Snowglobe (which is a smaller home anyway) and Moonsugar Meadow which is just empty space. By comparison it's nice to see one which isn't absurdly expensive.

Although it's still enough to make me hesitant to buy it. In a way it might have been better for me if it was 12,000+ crowns because then there's no way I'd buy it and I wouldn't have to think about it.

• Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The level of mental gymnastics some people go through in order to justifying spending even more money on this broke-*** game is appalling. Y'all need some serious help.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I noticed that the longhouse didn't have doors. I wonder if there's something like the drapey doors of the Bosmer houses that could be used, or something like strings of beads....
    I just used the Khajiit Curtains, Moons and the Khajiit Drapes, Tattered ... as they work nearly everywhere for me, the Coven Cottage included:
    sVlb8mU.jpg

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO needs a quality roofer.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I just used the Khajiit Curtains, Moons and the Khajiit Drapes, Tattered ... as they work nearly everywhere for me, the Coven Cottage included:
    sVlb8mU.jpg

That's what I did to wall off one side of Mournoth Keep (before we had walls as furnishings). Two sets of closed curtains, one set open in the middle and some planks along the top because they were a bit shorter than the ceiling.

I've also seen various other tapestries used as door coverings, including some sneaky people using a large tapestry to entirely cover the doorway, to make a secret passage. (Unless you remember the default layout and end up going "Wait...isn't there another room here?")
    Edited by Danikat on March 14, 2020 5:18PM