The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forgemaster Falls housing is trash

vivisectvib16_ESO
vivisectvib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Just like the bulk of many other player houses - it rains INSIDE. How does this get past QA testing and HOW has it not been fixed yet?? You expect people to pay 6000+ crowns for these things, for crying out loud -- FIX IT.

https://youtu.be/S1YPREDAZPE
Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on March 13, 2020 12:52AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I had hoped they would at least let us be able to buy it with gold this time or keep it in the store longer. But noooo, it's gotta be an exclusive limited time offer only now BUY BUY BUY!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointing. A lot of people were looking forward to this one, console players should be able enjoy it too. I hope the team will start looking at console to see what's causing the rain to act differently there.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it rains inside the stable in Old Mistveil Manor as well. Kind of sucks.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. However that's more because it's got that small "holt" vibe than anything else. I wouldn't ever spend crowns on it. And even if it was purchasable with gold, I wouldn't buy it as I don't have any use for orc anything. Or nord. So whatever crown only thing they come up with for this next chapter, I won't be buying it either.

If - that's a very BIG if btw - housing was as good in this game as it was in RIFT, I'd be immersed up to my eyebrows. It's not. And as long as it's "real money based" I won't be going there.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When was the last time they released a house you could by wtih gold.. Coldharbour?
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not as interested in that one as I am the Thieves' Oasis near Unhallowed Grave.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a house which waters indoor plants for free! :D
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is working (Attempted fix Monday, doubtful that’ll work) but they wanna charge $50+ for a digital house, more than the game costs
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as interested in that one as I am the Thieves' Oasis near Unhallowed Grave.

I'd rather have rain in my house than trying to place furniture in a sandstorm. I tried decorating it on test, but the sand obscures your vision from certain angles when trying to create seamless construction.

Nothing more frustrating than porting to your house to decorate it, and waiting for the sand to stop blowing. I like the little village itself, but absolutely won't spend a dime on it unless they make the sand toggle off when in decorating mode.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be annoying. Thanks for the info.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do love this house and my main is an Orc crafter, but it's tough for me to spend so much when I've really only just started the game.

Hopefully this is the kind of thing that'll come back next year or so; maybe then I'll have enough gold for furninshings and crowns to buy it.

For now, I guess Gar'll have to stay in his room in Ebonheart...
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a really unremarkable home. It should be available for in-game gold. It's not worth real money at all. Kinda disappointed.

• The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I like it. However that's more because it's got that small "holt" vibe than anything else. I wouldn't ever spend crowns on it. And even if it was purchasable with gold, I wouldn't buy it as I don't have any use for orc anything. Or nord. So whatever crown only thing they come up with for this next chapter, I won't be buying it either.

If - that's a very BIG if btw - housing was as good in this game as it was in RIFT, I'd be immersed up to my eyebrows. It's not. And as long as it's "real money based" I won't be going there.

Hey Sylvermynx, I played Rift for a couple of years myself. The biggest thing I miss about the housing from Rift is the size scaling slider.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    It's a really unremarkable home. It should be available for in-game gold. It's not worth real money at all. Kinda disappointed.

That has been my impression as well when visiting it - it has it's own outdoor pool/lake "upstairs", but the house itself is quite dull. There is not much to it and the pool doesn't make up for it.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Honestly I had hoped they would at least let us be able to buy it with gold this time or keep it in the store longer. But noooo, it's gotta be an exclusive limited time offer only now BUY BUY BUY!

I wish they would get rid of exclusives on housing and just add them to the rest of the list of homes to buy. I mean what's the point? They would get far more sales if they just leave them in the crown store permanently. Some people can't purchse in a weeks time but need to wait until payday to purchase. Or maybe they came back from a break and missed out.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

I wish they would get rid of exclusives on housing and just add them to the rest of the list of homes to buy. I mean what's the point? They would get far more sales if they just leave them in the crown store permanently. Some people can't purchse in a weeks time but need to wait until payday to purchase. Or maybe they came back from a break and missed out.

Haha exactly, but heyyyy there are some serious marketing brains working in ZOS. I'm sorry, but fear of missed an opportunity, fell of regret, limited time sales... It just doesn't work well in this game, especially when you apply it to non-giftable houses. It may work for some cheap sales (1000-2000cr) of motifs, skins or mounts, but I'm nearly sure they would profit more if they would just put everything they got in the crownstore for enitre year...
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really should start adding houses for gold again, otherwise the gold sink effect will soon wear off. I only have like 4 houses left to buy, no iodea what I'll be using up the gold for after that. Even new furniture plans and and new motifs have limited impact if you already have everything that was in the game so far.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has obtained this property as a stop of point for Clan Claws on their journey to Skyrim.

Thus it is now gradually becoming the Khajiit settlement of Claws Shores.

The outside landscape is very appealing as it evokes memories of somewhere this one once knew as a kitten. The buildings are not really appealing at all. This one would have preferred to be able to purchase the plot of land without buildings at all.

The abandoned forge has been put to great use though for the smoking and preservation of fish.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a clown store item. How are there still any doubts regarding the cash-grabby nature of these? Time-limited exclusives of digital, zero-cost-to-reproduce items are blatantly exploitative of your fear of missing out. If you buy them, don't complain that they come up with these shenanigans again and again and again.

I have never bought a single clown, and have only used the ones I got from subscribing to get access to DLC once the sub ran out, or gift DLC to friends. I know some people who've never even spent their sub clowns. If more people told ZOS where to... ahem... store their monetization strategies, maybe you wouldn't need to complain about being milked this way.
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are you complaining about? You got sold a house with a roof that dont work? That is the definition of immersion.

Welcome to home ownership.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the house & area so bought it with saved crowns.

But I do not like the fact it bloody rains in the longhouse. So fecking tired of this in Housing.

And now I find out its been fixed for PCs. But not consoles. Great.

Any comments? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_SarahHecker ?
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    I like the house & area so bought it with saved crowns.

But I do not like the fact it bloody rains in the longhouse. So fecking tired of this in Housing.

And now I find out its been fixed for PCs. But not consoles. Great.

Any comments? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_SarahHecker ?

If it's been fixed on PC, it's pretty likely it's going to be fixed in one of the next patches on console. Consoles are always a little behind PC patch-wise, allegedly due to the procedures required by Sony/MS. I don't think there's much of a point complaining about the delay at this point.
  • Synaki
    Synaki
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    If it's been fixed on PC, it's pretty likely it's going to be fixed in one of the next patches on console. Consoles are always a little behind PC patch-wise, allegedly due to the procedures required by Sony/MS. I don't think there's much of a point complaining about the delay at this point.

From what I've read it is raining since years in many houses on console where it does not on PC, so I think you are being very optimistic.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synaki wrote: »
    daemonios wrote: »

From what I've read it is raining since years in many houses on console where it does not on PC, so I think you are being very optimistic.

That's quite possible. I don't play on console, but I assumed the code base was identical, just adapted to each platform. If that's the case, ignore my last post and carry on, even console plebs deserve a working game :wink:
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @daemonios

Yep. Raining for years. Could just stop the damn rain easily as is a separate instance but hey.
    This console pleb thanks you for your understanding 😘
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Hey Sylvermynx, I played Rift for a couple of years myself. The biggest thing I miss about the housing from Rift is the size scaling slider.

Oh, NO KIDDING! And the addon that let you copy stuff in the world and "take it home with you"!
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echoing previous comments: rain inside houses or under "cover" has been happening for years on console and it's so frustrating. Rains inside Earthtear Cavern. Rains under any coverings you build in Moon Sugar Meadow. Rains inside the enclosed part of the Moongrave Fane area of the Hall of the Lunar Champion. Totally defeats the purpose of having indoor areas.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My problem with the home is the fact that the longhouse has no doors, but just open.

I've wanted to see a longhouse for a while and, well... It's a bit lame.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO's marketing department are FOMO fanatics.

Strangely, online gaming has cured me of this malady, so THANKS!

Edited by drkfrontiers on March 13, 2020 1:47PM
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You shouldn't have lied when you were 17.