The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Houses you wish existed

• kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Chironasium from Wayrest. The interior is so practical. I imagine this somewhere remote in Stormhaven, like a wizard's tower with a courtyard.

hjzGUeP.png

And yeah, Psijic apartment in the Ceporah tower and Summerset country house are top on my list!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • michiganteacher_ESO
    michiganteacher_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Defilted wrote: »
    Always wanted one in Valen Harbor.

This is my number one. I will never understand why Malabal Tor has two houses, both small, both within like 400 yards of each other.

1. Velyn Harbor. This port is the best kept secret in the game.

2. Orsinium. Perhaps it is unlikely with two other houses in Wrothgar, but maybe at least an inn room?

3. A Bandaari caravan home with entrances and exits at every wagon/caravan travel hub in the game. So when you're in the caravan home, you're out in the middle of nowhere, "on the road" so to speak, in your own location on the rim of the map like Artaeum or Clockwork City. When you're in the home, you appear to be in the middle of nowhere, in the hills of Craglorn, with a rolling river and a series of five Bandaari wagons of varying sizes that you can go in and decorate. And because this is wishful thinking, the carvan comes with its own NPCs, like a driver and a captain and some rapscallion hangers-on and a few caravan guards. And then when you leave, you go to the captain and tell him where to drop you off, which again, could be any city with a wagon/travel option - or maybe just any city in your alliance with a wagon. Oh, and if ZOS really wants the Hero of the Pandemic award, they could do all of that plus also put in a minigame with the caravan so that you could make or lose a thousand gold a day depending on where you directed your caravan, what cargo you told them to buy, etc. Don't hate, just wishing out loud.

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I agree with others that it will be good to have something like this on Summerset.
    2. An Ayleid house (preferably not ruins) would be very welcomed. If it is ruins, then there should be furnishings available to manually repair it (I still can't fix all the columns and their top in Psijic Villa).
    3. An Auridon style mage tower like this or this in Eyevea.
    4. An inn room in Abah's Landing.
    5. An inn room in Kvatch.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are way too many answers to this.

One of the problems with ESO is that ZOS has tended to treat housing as a special marketing system, rather than as a real part of the game, so I have watched as they focused a lot of their efforts on single, big houses, rather than several small houses. I have to think that the amount of effort that goes into the grand mansions could be used to make a couple smaller places.

I suggested in another thread that some of these locked buildings that are so common in the DLC zones could be small player houses, if they cared to do it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Ooh, great topic! But there are sooo many possibilites, the list would be huge, lol! :smiley:
    I'll stick with these 3 for now.

1) I'd like a Bosmer Sky-home :smile: Like, a treehouse really really high above Valenwood, with giant rooty platforms and pathways (think the starting area of CoA, with the tall path overlooking the waterfall, with views across a lot of charming vines and branches). I really hope we get something like this, because we have no Bosmer notable homes.
    800px-ON-place-Silvenar_Supplies.jpg
    The trees would re-use the vanilla models with the winding platforms and hollowed out rooms inside the trunks, with further vine ladders leading up to rooms in the canopy (like in Silvenar). And we could see the Grahtwood temple model too, with its gorgeous lit up amber windows.
    latest?cb=20150610160352
    If we want to make it super special, it could also have an Ayleid ruin beneath the roots, where the wild growth of the grahtoak has tunnelled into the the age-old white stone vaults, while magical crystals and lush flowers mingle in the caverns next to an underground pool. But this is optional.

2) I'd also like a proper Dwemer ruin. The entrance would be an unassuming cave with some stone Dwemer pillars, but then if you pull a lever an underground passage would open up. The narrow winding cave would snake its way deeper into the mountain, the rocky walls of the path broken by occasional Dwemer pipes that exhale steam.
    EQhuJvDXkAIBEPB.jpg
    Eventually the path would open up into a volcanic cavern, with a 3-tiered Dwemer tower rising from the middle. Dwemer ramps and platforms would connect the main structure to Dwemer buildings in the crater's sides, which would have stairs and large Dwemer doors that lead to a handful of small and medium-sized rooms.
    800px-ON-interior-Nchuleftingth_03.jpg

3) And a Mage's Tower would be awesome too. It could use the Psijic architectural style even, since it already exists. It would have an open cresent-shaped entry area, where a winding stair on one side leads down to the dungeon level (for everyone's favourite potions class, duh), and a stair on the other side leads up to the tower. Between those would be an alcove and a door leading to a backyard to grow alchemy reagents.
    The-Elder-Scrolls-Online_-Tamriel-Unlimited_20181207145535.jpg?resize=800%2C450&ssl=1
    Taking the stairs up would lead to a round room with yet more stairs further up, and another level, until we would reach the pinnacle of the tower, a great open hall with a rotunda of pillars and a balcony lining the circular walls. The outer wall of the rotunda would open up to portal rooms on two sides, which would transport you to smaller private rooms (like in Ceporah tower basically). And up on the balcony on the upper floor there would be an opening leading to an outdoors terrace for stargazing.
    tumblr_p9doyucf9T1vkrc58o1_400.png

Aaaand I know some of that I wish for is pretty far-fetched, but the essential idea behind most of these is possible I think, since we already have these assets and similar non-player-home spaces ingame. Anyway, one can dream, right? :wink: It's funny actually, until Thieves Oasis and Forgemasters Falls were released very recently, the Orcish longhouse and a Hews Bane house would have been near the top on my wishlist! But those are actually reality, yay!

I love those Bosmer trees used as temples. Even a furnishing similar would be awesome!
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My own personal Russafeld would be nice, I love the brick style on those buildings.
  • MattVH
    MattVH
    ✭✭✭
    The new lodges in western skyrim are awesome indeed. I prefer medium sized homes as well. Ones that can be found isolated in summerset, vvardenfell, western skyrim, etc. The gold coast has unique and nice lay-outs as well. A medium size home would great out there.

I've seen some great ideas that aren't really out there yet, like an aylied ruin. An aylied ruin would be awesome in the gold coast. There is one being blocked atm, that one could work.

I also wish the current ship home was just in the middle of the ocean. No scenery whatsover. Just the empty ocean, the boat and your creativity. Don't know why. :p
  • MattVH
    MattVH
    ✭✭✭
    @bluebird

just pray that Falinesti is going to show up one day in ESO, like i can't stop doing. ;)
    New valenwood assets, furnishings and maybe a sky-home indeed
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the keeps in cyro... like brindel
    including the outside walls ofc

9rk6hmcnjkzp.png

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    One of the problems with ESO is that ZOS has tended to treat housing as a special marketing system, rather than as a real part of the game, so I have watched as they focused a lot of their efforts on single, big houses, rather than several small houses. I have to think that the amount of effort that goes into the grand mansions could be used to make a couple smaller places.

And yet they continually shoot themselves in the foot (or pocketbook, in this case) by making these grand, oversize dilapidated rubble filled houses that people shy away from because they don't want to waste valuable housing slots covering up the detritus and debris.

On the one hand, you'd think they are marketing to make money, but on the other hand, they are throwing away potential profit. And how many people have stated that they decided against buying one of these oversized virtual properties because there's no way they could make it look lived in with the limited slots? And how many folks have said they would love to buy medium sized homes that would use 700 slots, even for the same price as a giant manor home?

Their marketing team certainly makes one scratch one's head in wonder.

Edited by Jaraal on May 1, 2020 6:22AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    I would welcome another large plot of land :)
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .. and please no appartments without windows .. :/

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eifleber wrote: »
    .. and please no appartments without windows .. :/

That would be cool, but a lot of work.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall the name right now so it may have been mentioned already but the town in western vvardenfell that has the river running thru it. I've wanted one of those little houses forever!

Also, after reading thru all of these amazing suggestions, my wallet is super happy that you guys aren't in charge of housing because I would be buying homes left and right! Hint hint ZoS
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small house in the Stitches, a house in Balmora, an apartment in Orsinium, a room in Lilmoth, an apartment in the Brass Fortress and a farm - a farm with lots of farm animals! - in the Gold Coast or pretty much anywhere but Bosmer territory would be grand.

I'd also love a smallish house in every city. Aaaand I'd love to have a Cyrodiilic Jungle style house in Ephesus as a throwback (or rather, throw forward) to the house I bought back in Daggerfall.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on May 1, 2020 9:24PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take anything with a bathroom
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A shack would be all I need.

GFu0rSf.jpg

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id prefer a smaller clockwork house.

not because i cant afford the current one, just that i dont have a good idea on how to make the current one good, so a smaller one that would be preferable.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Id prefer a smaller clockwork house.

not because i cant afford the current one, just that i dont have a good idea on how to make the current one good, so a smaller one that would be preferable.
    Oh, yes! Especially those really nice ones with the cool spiral staircase :heart:
    2q7pb9dchinw.png
    There are plenty of unused buildings in the Brass Fortress, so we could have a nice smaller Clockwork house.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    A one inside of a mountain like the Skyrim Markarth House but better.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Lazy_Voyager
    Lazy_Voyager
    ✭✭✭
    Think the problem with a dwemer ruin is that they're usually implied to be huge, sprawling cities that just have arbitrary access points cut off from centuries of neglect. Be a bit weird to claim an entire city as your house, derelict or not.

Still, if something like a preserved Dwemer 'estate' built by some eccentric were to be found "sealed in immaculate condition," that'd be nice. Maybe something Raynor and Kireth could dig up from using that map you gave them in the Eastmarch ruin. Something with the aesthetic of the ruins while being more practical for things like crafting and not-tripping-over-debris-every-twelve-seconds.
    Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one I'd love to have is a tower, the grey stone one with the spiral staircase around the inside which is seen practically everywhere, especially in DC maps.

I'd like it to be the intact version, with the full 4 levels and two semi-circular floors on the middle levels (as seen in Haddock's Market in Craglorn), and ideally with a door to seperate it from the outside area. Not sure where in the world I'd like it to be, or what the outside would be like but I'd definitely want some outside space to decorate too.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    An apartment in Hew's Babe with a balcony overlooking either the harbour or the fountain in the center of town. I say apartment rather than house because I think it would fit better with urban feel of the city.

Would also really like a small to medium cottage in Vehlyn Harbour. It's one of my favorite towns to do writs in, it's always quiet there and it has a good layout, one of my characters does them almost exclusively there, but he can't call it home without a house.
  • Pycnolite
    Pycnolite
    ✭✭
    I would love a larger house in Vivec City style, in Vivec city. I love the aesthetic of Vivec City and the St Delyn Penthouse, I just wish we had a house in that style that was larger.
    Characters (PC-NA):
    • - Evaela Dralamont (Breton - Dragonknight)
    • - Daro'Nisha-Jhar (Khajiit - Nightblade)
    • - Invarus Raveren (Dark Elf - Sorcerer)
    • - Sindelacar Ancaril (High Elf - Templar)
    • - Jil-Meera (Argonian - Warden)
    • - Durgaz gro-Shorak (Orc - Necromancer)
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset Village House like Canonreeve`s House with a small green courtyard.
    To be honest, Alinor Chrest House is not as good as it could be. Not the most successful template was chosen for him. In addition, these two rooms on the ground floor with no windows look like crypts (although there are windows on the outside of the house, lol). In addition, we asked so much to do there, at least to remodel the first floor, to make it with wooden lines, as in other Alinor houses. In the screenshots below I will show how I and many other players who like Alinor architecture would like to see a house in Alinor.
    hh8dT6M.jpg
    T5c17L3.jpg
    M6LELAH.jpg
    All these buildings are in the game, but for the house in Alinor, alas, another template was chosen, with very narrow rooms or crypts on the ground floor. Summerset and Auridon are islands of fabulous beauty with vibrant and fantasy nature. But alas, we cannot recreate this in our homes. Altmers simply do not have houses with a green yard. Alinor Khrest House has only a small terrace. Alas, the beautiful Altmer Gardens can only be a dream.
    I really hope that in the future, Zos will give us the opportunity to purchase a village house on Summerset. He's just gorgeous. He's so ... how to say ... classic? But this is exactly what we want - a house that looks like a house. He has several rooms, a beautiful "attic" second floor. It is made of gray stone and wood, so it looks very cozy. And I would very much like to have a small green courtyard where you could find pink cherries and blue wisteria.
    ycijZzY.jpg
    Whd8WkB.jpg
    lu20xGM.jpg
    img]
    I often see that players have a request for more modest homes in accordance with their RP. But instead, the ZoS enter useless palaces.

Edited by Parasaurolophus on May 11, 2020 2:01PM
    PC/EU
  • Romestamo
    Romestamo
    ✭✭
    Glad to see the love for the Canonreeve's house on Alinor. I do like that style, and if it could come with a working vineyard, even better.

A small castle in the mountains, based on the exterior of the Fighter's Guild in Wayrest but with a curtain wall and more developed interior would also be great.

I also like the suggestion upthread of turning the Chironasium in Wayrest into a wizard's tower.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Ooh, great topic! But there are sooo many possibilites, the list would be huge, lol! :smiley:
    I'll stick with these 3 for now.

1) I'd like a Bosmer Sky-home :smile: Like, a treehouse really really high above Valenwood, with giant rooty platforms and pathways (think the starting area of CoA, with the tall path overlooking the waterfall, with views across a lot of charming vines and branches). I really hope we get something like this, because we have no Bosmer notable homes.
    800px-ON-place-Silvenar_Supplies.jpg
    The trees would re-use the vanilla models with the winding platforms and hollowed out rooms inside the trunks, with further vine ladders leading up to rooms in the canopy (like in Silvenar). And we could see the Grahtwood temple model too, with its gorgeous lit up amber windows.
    latest?cb=20150610160352
    If we want to make it super special, it could also have an Ayleid ruin beneath the roots, where the wild growth of the grahtoak has tunnelled into the the age-old white stone vaults, while magical crystals and lush flowers mingle in the caverns next to an underground pool. But this is optional.

I would also like to point out that there's no Bosmer player home in Malabal Tor. Seems like the best place for a Bosmer manor home that's a giant tree wit ruins underneath imo.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to comment on this. It is genius!!

3. A Bandaari caravan home with entrances and exits at every wagon/caravan travel hub in the game. So when you're in the caravan home, you're out in the middle of nowhere, "on the road" so to speak, in your own location on the rim of the map like Artaeum or Clockwork City. When you're in the home, you appear to be in the middle of nowhere, in the hills of Craglorn, with a rolling river and a series of five Bandaari wagons of varying sizes that you can go in and decorate. And because this is wishful thinking, the carvan comes with its own NPCs, like a driver and a captain and some rapscallion hangers-on and a few caravan guards. And then when you leave, you go to the captain and tell him where to drop you off, which again, could be any city with a wagon/travel option - or maybe just any city in your alliance with a wagon. Oh, and if ZOS really wants the Hero of the Pandemic award, they could do all of that plus also put in a minigame with the caravan so that you could make or lose a thousand gold a day depending on where you directed your caravan, what cargo you told them to buy, etc. Don't hate, just wishing out loud.

Okay if we are talking mini-game, then link the total number of "caravans" in the secret hidaway to the total number of "Wagon" homes the player has purchased elsewhere.

I think one name for them is a Vardo; and her is an example:

Outside:

N7r0xbV.jpg

Then on the inside:

KKFlXlt.jpg
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ycijZzY.jpg

These Summerset brownstone homes are the best looking homes in the game. Put one on top of the mountain by Cloudrest with a small stream and waterfall and expansive views and it would be a top seller.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.