The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Servers are getting Worse and Worse

Pelican
Pelican
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't even play meaningfully in the main campaign on off-hours during weekdays now, and its not because of the current situation making more people hop on since the population is not even 3 bars when the lag starts setting in; a year or two ago this magnitude of lag would only occur when the campaign is full enough for queues. Abilities are delayed consistently anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds.

I'm no expert on this, but shouldn't server performance be improving as the game progresses? The "performance updates" done recently seemed to have made things worse than it already was.
Edited by Pelican on April 30, 2020 1:55PM
PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    "We made these block changes (that will cripple animation canceling) in order to significantly decrease the server load and improve performance"

- ZOS, Year 2020
    Edited by Ruder on April 30, 2020 1:59PM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i don't quite buy that extra people being online is really what's causing cyrodiil problems. Cyrodiil has population caps to prevent exactly that problem.

Also... Every internet service on earth is getting extra demand right now, and for the most part things still work. I think the difference is that ESO didn't quite work before more people started logging in either. Now that there's more people it just accentuates the problem.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm finding the performance is actively getting worse. Last night, I had the desync issue a good 5 or 6 times. I had some quests bug out, the assassination action became more buggy to the point where any time I pressed the blade of woe skill, the target would flop up and down. I'd get the desync less often a week or so ago, so I'm not sure this is population caused.

I'm mostly an open world or dungeon player, so the content I play is more forgiving. I can only imagine the frustration of people doing trials or pvp, which has always been plagued with issues. ZOS needs to take a hard look at their QA practices and change management.

But hey, if there's one comfort, the crown store is still open and immediately available upon each login!

Best you can do is speak with your wallet. I'm not buying Greymoor because of this. It's incredibly distasteful to see them not delaying it when they clearly can't handle the current game load. What's worse is how long it takes to get any meaningful reply here, with most ZOS comments just being another completely pointless moderation comment instead of active empathy.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the server is like this now, what is it going to be like when all the new and returning players log in for Greymoor?
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    "We made these block changes (that will cripple animation canceling) in order to significantly decrease the server load and improve performance"

- ZOS, Year 2020

"We have removed healing springs stacking in order to improve performance".

NoW wE wOn'T lAg!
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “There’s been strain on the servers, but they are holding up well.” - Rich Lambert

[edit- that is a real quote, verbatim]
    Edited by Draxys on April 30, 2020 3:47PM

rip decibel
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    “There’s been strain on the servers, but they are holding up well.” - Rich Lambert

Technically, he's right. The servers are up. Disoriented, laggy, and bug riddled. But up.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Technically, he's right. The servers are up. Disoriented, laggy, and bug riddled. But up.

That would be the case if he'd stopped at "the servers are holding up". He added "well", which IMO is a lie. Yeah yeah, I know, there are no lies in corporate/marketing speak. Still, in layman's terms, it is a lie.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I read that on the greymoor news page smdh
    What world do they live in?
  • ultimnib16_ESO
    ultimnib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Right now we have in Cyrodiil 2 bars per faction in average.
    So very far from a heavily populated campaign.

Yet loading screens for every darn transit or reviving are anywhere between 3 and 6 minutes.
    Completely overboard and clearly having nothing to do at all with "too many" players.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is so much fake news out there its pathetic.
    ESO has been handling the increased player count well and that these additional PC servers should ensure the game continues to run smoothly.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    Yeah i don't quite buy that extra people being online is really what's causing cyrodiil problems...
    I suppose that would depend on how server resources are allocated. I mean, if normally cyrodil borrows from other resources, and more players levelling the new alt to escape lockdown boredom are using more PvE resources... or more players in battleground using those resources, or... or... or...then there would be less for cyrodil to borrow, right?

And of course, there is also always the bottleneck in other places, like ISP getting swamped with too many people being online in general, not in ESO...

That being said... can we haz better servers? Because this current situation shows the world in general is not realyl ready for that much onlinetivity, and I expect as time goes by, things will get worse, more and more people will be online, and that includes online gaming. Also, more and more data will need to be juggled by the system, every new motiv, every new set, every new skill line - all of it adds to the data the game needs to deal with. So... its high time the serves got another hamster! ;)
    yEt6JSa.gif
    :p;):lol:
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    performance is continually declining :( I hope the u26 updates fix at least some things but I'm not hopeful.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ping plays pingpong from 80 to 5000
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    if your skills arent firing i recommend destroying servers even more set each skill press to fire each 15ms for 75ms total
    no more pressing skills 5x so they go off ;)
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    There is so much fake news out there its pathetic.
    ESO has been handling the increased player count well and that these additional PC servers should ensure the game continues to run smoothly.

The EU server upgrades may've helped them. It's a compounding complex problem. Pve was starting to see problems on a Cyrodiilic scale. The magnitude of players means they had to increase the server size.

There still are kafoodles lying about, but a healthy hamster will eat them up.
    Except the toxic one's like block changes.
    Edited by Pinja on April 30, 2020 5:31PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent half an hour now getting kicked from the game server and getting kicked again after logging back in..

Server working as intended.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant do much really now even questing lags lol.
  • Ghnami
    Ghnami
    ✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »
    if your skills arent firing i recommend destroying servers even more set each skill press to fire each 15ms for 75ms total
    no more pressing skills 5x so they go off ;)

Better, yet set it to click-ability with a .008s delay and repeat that 4-5 times a key press, only way to light weave in this game anymore
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I find myself on the forum because there is too much lag to play the game. (its' prime time) How is every customer not on here 24/7 demanding things work as advertised?
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again, I find myself on the forum because there is too much lag to play the game. (its' prime time) How is every customer not on here 24/7 demanding things work as advertised?

Customers have to jump some hoops to whine here.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    Yeah i don't quite buy that extra people being online is really what's causing cyrodiil problems. Cyrodiil has population caps to prevent exactly that problem.

Also... Every internet service on earth is getting extra demand right now, and for the most part things still work. I think the difference is that ESO didn't quite work before more people started logging in either. Now that there's more people it just accentuates the problem.

It's not. I could have a solid 50 ping yet gameplay feels like it has been grasped by the hand of lag, ie: Abilities having to be pushed several times before they go off, light attack weaving is near impossible.. it casts the skill but not the light attack, heavy attack not firing off at all, attacks completely missing despite being directly in front of the target. It's just plain awful.
    I remember back in 1.6 which I played a lot of, performance was only bad when it was legitimately laggy due to mass players, but on quiet days it was smooth sailing. Now it's just unbearable around the clock. Something is seriously wrong with performance, and I can't understand for the life of me how it's getting worse when apparently they've been making incremental optimizations for years.
  • Stark44
    Stark44
    Soul Shriven
    Usually dont post on here but damn. It really is gettin bad
    Mediocre Player Gettin er Done
    PC NA -DC
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely getting worse, and seeping into every area of the game. XboxNA server seems to just be continually on fire these days.

Just yesterday I ran into serious lag issues in BGs, and alone inside my own house (!!)

Random BG lag spikes are normal at this point I guess, but usually short lived and self-correcting. Yesterday was a mess. I couldn't go a single game without serious rubber banding, skill delays, serious desyncs, CC's being unbreakable, you name it. It was as bad as CP Cyrodiil. After the fourth or fifth "your stamina and magicka are instantly 0 because you're dead, but you can still run around for another 10 seconds until the server remembers to kill you officially" I literally just started laughing at the absurdity of the entire situation, and how hilariously well the "performance update" is going thus far.

After that I headed back to my home to test a new build idea, and even there the lag and skill delays were present.

Best part? This was between 0200-0300 PST, usually the quietest time of the night as the night owls are starting to fall asleep and the early birds on the east coast aren't all awake yet.

So seriously, what the hell is happening in the dead of night that's still causing the server to lag so badly? This is ridiculous to the point of absurdity now.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't log in right now.