Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Eat Cake & Earn Bonus Rewards during the ESO Anniversary Jubilee"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
5275109012447f13df831c72258e7446.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Eat Cake & Earn Bonus Rewards during the ESO Anniversary Jubilee" blog article.

The Elder Scrolls Online is six years young, and that means you can enjoy bonus XP, special rewards, and cake during our Anniversary Jubilee event!
Staff Post
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for another event, ugh for another indrik.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Thank you for a shorter Jubilee and fewer events. Last year was exhausting. Nice to have a breather and for people to enjoy the new expansion. Back-to-back with Jesters is also an interesting move, especially right now with almost everyone quarantined.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 26, 2020 3:00PM
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for giving us a week in advance to prepare. Much better than the usual 24/48 hours. Hoping to learn some motifs I never bothered to get in the last year of playing.
    PS5 EU.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only two berries? Looks like we will have another 1 or 2 events in 2nd quarter (hoping for Summerset Anniversary).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on indriks a long time ago. But the new outfit style looks very nice, so my event tickets will go there.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking at how guild chat's going and it looks like posting this on the very first day of Jesters has some people confused thinking they can get 5 tickets per day during Jesters. It's a Learn-to-Read issue, but just saying some people are now confused.
    At the same time I can see how you're trying to give us some advance notice, so not sure what can really be done.

@ZOS_SarahHecker

Addendum: Forum example
    no quest for the 2020 cake try getting quest from crown store says i already done it (last year) how are we ment to get the cake? last years does not work

Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 26, 2020 4:35PM
  • Philosoap
    Philosoap
    ✭✭✭
    bsb5t2i87r0g.png

I really hoped for something new but boi, was I wrong. :/
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleh indrik..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Assass1nN1nja
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker. Will you post a motif list this year for Jubilee? I was wondering if we're getting Militant Ordinator this year in the loot pool for crafting motifs?
    Edited by Assass1nN1nja on March 26, 2020 5:38PM
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    I must say i'm dissapointed to see that the condition to buy the cake furnishings still requires to own the corresponding memento. This means that housing fans like me, who don't own mementos of previous years, can't buy all the cakes. And i'm really not alone in this.....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/461708/need-anniversary-cake-as-furniture-pretty-please/p1
    i'm sooooo sad! Because i would LOVE to buy all of them, but i wasn't even playing in 2016! So as much as i'm applauding and cheering that we get to have these cakes, i'm also confused why it's neccessary to have the memento.

Please ZOS don't do this to me......
    Delphinia wrote: »
    I've been supporting this game since beta and I feel a little slapped in the face to miss out on a cake because I didn't do a pve quest.

Afterall, I thought the point of the anniversary was a celebration of the game for ALL players..

to celebrate both the game and those players supporting the game.. no matter whether they pvp or pve or just subscribe, log in and explore the world....

I think it would be in their best interest to offer the cake furnishings to all players. Fine if they don't want to allow those players who didn't do the little pve quest (even if they were here and subscribers*cough*) to have the memento, but I think the furnishings themselves should at least be available to all players. If not all, then at least the ones who were actually here and playing the game on some level, whether in pve or pvp...

All repeat after me:

All Cakes for Everyone!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_Cardinal
    This one likes to play.....
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the 50 daily quest limit in place? Per character or accountwide?
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker is there going to be a full list of motifs available somewhere? The blog post said "too many to list here!" which is totally understandable since there's upwards of 80 in the game right now; but completionist nerds like me like to know what's hot and what's not, so to speak. :)
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <yawn>

Yet another indrik to ignore. Someone will no doubt like it, but we are closing in on the point where there are more indriks than many players have characters. Enough already. Time for something else.

And yet another hodge-podge looking outfit style that fails the test for sensible armor. There are so many armor styles now, that I've lost count, and most of them blend into the same bland meh of impractical shapes. But again, I'm sure somone will like it, but it sure aint something that screams "Must collect!"

The cakes are cool, and somethign to use my tickets for, I suppose. So there's that at least.

Guess I'll do full crafting rotation for all my characters for the duration of the event and leave it at that. Might get some useful motif pages out of the deal, though I've stopped worryign about those too. Already have like two dozen styles I've never even crafted or used in an outfit. I sure do not need more. The only point I see in them, is the minuscule amount they improve chances for master writs, and even that is not really worth the hassle involved,

Also... The special companion styles return from 5th year celebration. Guess they're not that specail after all. Time to trash all those pointless prophet pages cluttering my storage. At least they seem to be less of a hassle to collect this time around. But what ev.. I already have all of them from last year, and with this event, any value they still might have is gone for good.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    Is the 50 daily quest limit in place? Per character or accountwide?

Yes, per character.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to an excellent turn of IRL events, I will not have time to update last year's guide to unlocking ALL the dailies.

It can be found here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/464861/esos-5th-anniversary-jubliee-unlocking-all-the-dailies

Additional Dailies not included in the Guide:

Elsweyr
    World Boss and Delves dailies are given out at the Job Broker board in Rimmen. Battlereeve Tanerline gives out Dragon Hunt dailies.

Dragonhold
    World Boss and Delves Dailies are given out at the Merchants Square in Senchal.

Dragon Hunt and Anti-New Moon dailies are given at the Dragonguard Sanctum. These require reforming the Dragonguard, so you will need to complete the Dragonguard zone story up through Reformation.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On that note, for those who want to tackle crafting writs for easy boxes during the event, but that are daunted by the lack of ESO+/a craft bag and think that material management is too difficult, I'm pulling up a guide I made a few weeks ago for this exact thing.

since nothing has changed regarding crafting in the last few weeks, it is fully up-to-date.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515042/how-to-regularly-do-craft-writs-without-eso-a-minimalist-guide-by-zulera301/
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEAH! More Indriks. :D:p
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say i'm dissapointed to see that the condition to buy the cake furnishings still requires to own the corresponding memento. This means that housing fans like me, who don't own mementos of previous years, can't buy all the cakes. And i'm really not alone in this.....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/461708/need-anniversary-cake-as-furniture-pretty-please/p1
    i'm sooooo sad! Because i would LOVE to buy all of them, but i wasn't even playing in 2016! So as much as i'm applauding and cheering that we get to have these cakes, i'm also confused why it's neccessary to have the memento.

Please ZOS don't do this to me......
    Delphinia wrote: »
    I've been supporting this game since beta and I feel a little slapped in the face to miss out on a cake because I didn't do a pve quest.

Afterall, I thought the point of the anniversary was a celebration of the game for ALL players..

to celebrate both the game and those players supporting the game.. no matter whether they pvp or pve or just subscribe, log in and explore the world....

I think it would be in their best interest to offer the cake furnishings to all players. Fine if they don't want to allow those players who didn't do the little pve quest (even if they were here and subscribers*cough*) to have the memento, but I think the furnishings themselves should at least be available to all players. If not all, then at least the ones who were actually here and playing the game on some level, whether in pve or pvp...

All repeat after me:

All Cakes for Everyone!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_Cardinal

I came to this thread specifically to post about this exact thing.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worm Cult motif coming back, yes! 😀
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only real event would be a functioning game.....
    that would really be something!
    Edited by Azurya on March 31, 2020 4:54PM
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully it's hoing to be raining style pages and other goodies soon! My favorite event by far.
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have one question about those extra tickets. Dolmen bosses will drop them?
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just confirming
    What is the event reset time please? 6am GMT same as for the pledges?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_Cardinal

Please confirm the RESET time for this event, my info compilation is missing this rather relevant info not found in your original article. Asking again after no reply.

ty

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/519382/6th-anniversary-event-guide#latest
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something screwed up with event tickets just now. My time zone ceased Daylight Saving last night so my local reset times have shifted, which is fine, but event tickets are not dropping which is not. My three writ event tickets didn't show up until I swapped characters, which may or may not have had something to do with timing, but tickets for killing bosses simply aren't dropping. Just to be sure I killed two delve bosses - more than two hours after my previous reset time - and nothing.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Opened a box, it claimed to give me two tickets, but they never "got counted".

:(
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Opened a box, it claimed to give me two tickets, but they never "got counted".

:(
    Three tickets are from the cake, two tickets are from the boss (don't forget to loot). There are no tickets in the boxes.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Death_Courir
    Death_Courir
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom For future Style Events like this one with the Paladin and The Comanions it would be nice if the team could delvelop this styles as blue motif pages, rather than a golden box. The Point is, that this golden style pages count as box, what they prevent from beeing stackabel. In this case it is a lot of space blocked in the inventory.
    CP 1200+; Feierabend- und Wochendspieler mit realem Leben, Freunden und Verantwortungen; Lange dabei und trotzdem Noob!
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put in a Support ticket about the missing event tickets and just got this response:

"The additional two event tickets for boss kills are RNG-based and not promised like the three event tickets for eating a cake slice. Due to this, I am unable to grant the two event tickets."

Nowhere does it say the event tickets for killing delve bosses is RNG based.

It says, “The first time you eat a slice of the Jubilee Cake 2020 each day of the event, in addition to the XP buff, you also receive three Event Tickets. Because there will be fewer events this quarter, you can also receive bonus tickets by defeating any boss in the game (Delve, World, Dungeon, etc.). You can earn two additional tickets per day from this method.”

I killed four bosses. I earned those event tickets.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523