The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Need Anniversary Cake as Furniture, Pretty please!

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the other hand, eso-housing have this for the 2016 cake:

https://eso-housing.com/furniture/replica-jubilee-cake-2016

...and this, for the 2017 cake:

https://eso-housing.com/furniture/replica-jubilee-cake-2017

So, maybe eso-fashion just haven't got around to including them, yet?
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    On eso fashion they had said that they don't have done the quest prior to that year

omcxgbj3lk3o.png

source : https://mmo-fashion.com/blog/eso-fashion-harrowstorm-dlc/
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On eso fashion they had said that they don't have done the quest prior to that year

omcxgbj3lk3o.png

source : https://mmo-fashion.com/blog/eso-fashion-harrowstorm-dlc/

Ah, OK.

Makes sense.

Well spotted! :smile:

I think the three tier ones look the most impressive, but I am kind of sad I didn't get the 2016 one.

As it would also have been nice to be able to have a simple, homemade, looking cake for smaller, more modest, houses.

• TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I also miss them x)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one finally let the orc girl run a business of her own.

"Rosie Make Orc Cakes Good" will be opening for business shortly after these final cakes become available.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been supporting this game since beta and I feel a little slapped in the face to miss out on a cake because I didn't do a pve quest.

Afterall, I thought the point of the anniversary was a celebration of the game for ALL players..

to celebrate both the game and those players supporting the game.. no matter whether they pvp or pve or just subscribe, log in and explore the world....

I think it would be in their best interest to offer the cake furnishings to all players. Fine if they don't want to allow those players who didn't do the little pve quest (even if they were here and subscribers*cough*) to have the memento, but I think the furnishings themselves should at least be available to all players. If not all, then at least the ones who were actually here and playing the game on some level, whether in pve or pvp...
    Edited by Delphinia on February 25, 2020 5:45PM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched to PC in the fall after performance frustrations on PS4 finally became unbearable. This is a really sad reason to be locked out of cakes from previous years. Like many others here, I have also long wished to have these as furnishings, but now the only option I'll have is the first cake I'd have no use for aesthetically. And what are the chances in the future that they'll ever "downgrade" to simpler, lower tier cakes like the early ones? Since they've decided to go the route of making them single furnishings rather than collectibles, can we at least make them tradeable so all players have access to them? I'd prefer they just make them available to everyone from the start, but at least that would be some middle ground.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    I've been supporting this game since beta and I feel a little slapped in the face to miss out on a cake because I didn't do a pve quest.

I didn't get to do the quests at all; I think for those of us who didn't play back then (or missed the quest) it'd be nice to have the Memento's added to the Ticket Vendor costing 10 tickets. I know that sounds steep but it seems like that's a really good reward to people who have stayed with the game and it ensures that newcomers into the game won't be devoid of a cake furnishing because they aren't archaic. For people from 2016/2017 they get to save 20 tickets and for people like me well I have to suck it up and buy the two memento's but at least I'm not locked out of a furniture item I might have wanted for every event for the foreseeable future.
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    Hey,

I understand your point of view and I can agreed. However it's kind of an achievement furniture for those who have done the quest back then. If we don't have done the quest we shouldn't have access to those x)

But I will have 3 cake on 5 so I'm happy with that <3
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Personally, I think the best compromise would be to make them tradable, so people who didn't have access to some of the cakes could buy them from guild stores.

That would give longer term players a slight financial advantage, without banning everyone else from having a couple of the older cakes for their houses.

• Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of my gold goes into housing and tbh I would've been seriously cut if the first two cakes were significantly different than the third cake, since I missed out on grabbing those two.

However, for those who want to collect them all including the newer ones it really sucks to feel like you're late to the party and there is quite literally no more cake for ya. Especially if you like creating food/bakery themed houses.

I like both suggestions put forth by @Delphinia and @Kittytravel in the spirit of the Anniversary event it'd be cool if ZOS allowed peeps to either buy the cake furnishings without having the memento or offer the memento for a significant amount of tickets (I think this is a reasonable option, since as mentioned above peeps with the memento can save more tickets).
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have all mementos dating back to 2016 so I'll be able to get them all. But, I really wouldn't care if players who weren't playing back then were able to get them.

Frankly, I think that the cakes should just be available to everyone to purchase, regardless of whether they have the memento or not. I suppose ZOS thought it would be a nice gesture to long-time players to put a restriction on obtaining these, but I just don't see a reason to do so. These are furnishings that most players won't see. It's not like you can carry it around with you as a sign that you were here for so long. EDIT - and if you want to show off that you were here for the first anniversary event, you can just use the memento.

I would also rather have these as collectible furnishings, so I can place them in more than one home, but having them as individual furnishings is nice for those who want to fill their house with cake.

I'd go for the compromise of having them be tradable, but I don't think I'd spend my precious event tickets on purchasing extras to sell to other players. I suppose some would, considering they could probably charge a small fortune for them.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 28, 2020 6:36PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »

Afterall, I thought the point of the anniversary was a celebration of the game for ALL players..

to celebrate both the game and those players supporting the game.. no matter whether they pvp or pve or just subscribe, log in and explore the world....

I think it would be in their best interest to offer the cake furnishings to all players. Fine if they don't want to allow those players who didn't do the little pve quest (even if they were here and subscribers*cough*) to have the memento, but I think the furnishings themselves should at least be available to all players. If not all, then at least the ones who were actually here and playing the game on some level, whether in pve or pvp...

So, I just thought of something else..
    those of us who were actually here, but may not have done the specific pve quest, should still be able to get the mementos and furnishings. Reason being is, we were still a part of the game in some capacity for that year... Isn't it an Anniversary? An "Annual" celebration?

There are those players, like myself who were participating in pvp.
    There were players who were on a vacation, or had to spend a bit of time away for other rl reasons, but were still actively participating in the game on some level.. during that year either by just exploring, participating in pvp, or subscribing since launch.. as I have.

Why limit the mementos and furnishings at all actually? It seems to almost be an exclusive club and contradict the spirit of the event which is to celebrate the game and all players, regardless if they did one pve quest.

Furthermore, let's just say someone did do the quest and that's it. Let's say a majority of that year, that person never played, never subbed, never purchased anything in the crown store, but logged in and completed that one pve quest. That hardly seems fair to those players who have supported and continue to support this game. Also, sorry to bother you @ZOS_GinaBruno , I know you have a lot on your plate right now, but what message does this convey to your players? It almost seems to devalue their time and money they've spent on your game.

As was mentioned in an above post, if there are concerns over a little way to "show off" that you were here.. we do have pets that were given as rewards for certain months played and of course, the notorious Beta Monkey which yes, I had as well but don't use today.

I looked back at our household expenses and in just subbing alone, it's been well in the thousands. Not to mention all of the literally thousands in crown purchases on top of that.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , please consider how this excludes so many of your loyal supporters.

Edited by Delphinia on February 28, 2020 9:05PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I have all mementos dating back to 2016 so I'll be able to get them all. But, I really wouldn't care if players who weren't playing back then were able to get them.

Frankly, I think that the cakes should just be available to everyone to purchase, regardless of whether they have the memento or not. I suppose ZOS thought it would be a nice gesture to long-time players to put a restriction on obtaining these, but I just don't see a reason to do so. These are furnishings that most players won't see. It's not like you can carry it around with you as a sign that you were here for so long. EDIT - and if you want to show off that you were here for the first anniversary event, you can just use the memento.

I would also rather have these as collectible furnishings, so I can place them in more than one home, but having them as individual furnishings is nice for those who want to fill their house with cake.

I'd go for the compromise of having them be tradable, but I don't think I'd spend my precious event tickets on purchasing extras to sell to other players. I suppose some would, considering they could probably charge a small fortune for them.

Yeah, I think some would, as they would prefer the gold, aren't that interesting in housing and are getting sick of Indriks, at this point. :lol:

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Yeah, I think some would, as they would prefer the gold, aren't that interesting in housing and are getting sick of Indriks, at this point. :lol:

Ha! Yes, fair point! But really, all they need to do is just have them available for anyone to purchase. I just don't see a reason to restrict them to having the memento. After all, you can't carry that furnishing around with you, so the only way to "show off" that you participated in the first anniversary event is to use the memento, which you would already have.

Does anyone remember how much they cost? I looked at them on PTS, but I can't recall the price. If they're 5 tickets each, then I'll have to be sure I have 12 tickets going into the event, but I seem to recall they were 2 tickets each?
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe I believe the patch notes said 3 tickets.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be pretty cool if someone could confirm this, but the early celebrations had a unbound letter you received and using it began the quest. I thought I remember reading somewhere that if you could get ahold of one of these letters, you could start the quest and complete it when the cake guy returnd and unlock the momento for the year the letter was from. If this were true, then maybe it could unlock the cake furnishing too?
    Master Craftsman!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be pretty cool if someone could confirm this, but the early celebrations had a unbound letter you received and using it began the quest. I thought I remember reading somewhere that if you could get ahold of one of these letters, you could start the quest and complete it when the cake guy returnd and unlock the momento for the year the letter was from. If this were true, then maybe it could unlock the cake furnishing too?

Oh, that only works while the cake guy is around?

Interesting...

I bought one, for a small fortune, will have to see if it works.

Think it will be the first year one, as the rest of the letters were bound?

• Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting...

I hope it does for you! I'd enjoy hearing if it works on not :)
    Master Craftsman!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Interesting...

I hope it does for you! I'd enjoy hearing if it works on not :)

Thank you. :smiley:

I'll let you know!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    @Jayne_Doe I believe the patch notes said 3 tickets.

Ah, thanks! That's fairly reasonable, then. But, I still want to make sure I end the Jesters Festival with 12 tickets, if I can. It all depends on if the RNG for the sow parts is as bad for me as it was for the voriplasm pet. Had to spend 15 tickets (and farm for several hours) to get it. Only have 6 tickets on me going into the Jesters Festival. :(
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went from interested to excited to extremely disappointed all in one thread.

I really want these to be anything but event tickets. I like the Indriks, I barely ever get enough tickets to cover the new berry per event. What if they add more than cakes? It is such a cool idea. But too many things are being added through event tickets.

I don't like it. :'(
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »

I really want these to be anything but event tickets. I like the Indriks, I barely ever get enough tickets to cover the new berry per event. What if they add more than cakes? It is such a cool idea. But too many things are being added through event tickets.

Initially, I also wondered why they would be tickets since so many other event related items are available for gold. I think people are just so happy they'll be available that the method seemed less important. But your post has made me rethink. What if they made the cakes from all years available to everyone for event tickets and then people with the momentos could buy the corresponding cakes for gold from the Impresario's assistant?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    peacenote wrote: »

Initially, I also wondered why they would be tickets since so many other event related items are available for gold. I think people are just so happy they'll be available that the method seemed less important. But your post has made me rethink. What if they made the cakes from all years available to everyone for event tickets and then people with the momentos could buy the corresponding cakes for gold from the Impresario's assistant?

That's a good idea.

Would also be nice if they were available at any time.

I think I suggested this before, but what if we could get a Chef Donolon NPC, for our homes, who sold the cakes?

Maybe other food furnishings could also be added to his stock, over time?

I would like a chef NPC, anyway, for my many restaurants. :lol:

Edited by Tigerseye on March 6, 2020 10:08AM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of good ideas here.

The one thing I will continue to push for and stand behind is the request for all players to have access to all the cakes.

The anniversary is not an exclusive club.

The spirit of this is to celebrate the game as well as the players who have helped, help or will help make this game what it is..

There is more to this game than PVE questing.

To exclude those who played, play or will play the game in any capacity, whether it be through pve or pvp, subscribing, or just exploring the world on mount or by foot, is to ignore and neglect all of the players that have supported, support, or will support the game. It should not come down to, nor depend upon one pve quest.

Edited by Delphinia on March 6, 2020 6:31PM
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    If it's necessary to do additional quests, i'm all for it. Just let all players have access to all of the cakes.
    I really feel punished for not playing in 2016/2017 when i even didn't know the game back then.... :'(
    This one likes to play.....
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again, I will agree with everyone who would like the cakes to be available to everyone. I have all the mementos, so I can get all of them, and I really don't care if Susie Jones starts the game during the anniversary event and gets enough tickets to buy all of them. I really see no reason for these to be exclusive to having the memento. After all, the memento is the only thing you can really use to show off that you were here back then. Well, I guess you could decorate a home with them and invite everyone over to see the cakes so they can say "Wow, man, you were here back then? So cool!!! LOL.

I like the idea that those who have the memento can just buy them for gold from the Impresario's assistant. Or, at the very least, allow us to purchase additional cakes from him after we've purchased our first with tickets.

Also, from my PTS testing, the only other items at the Impresario besides the ice heart indrik berry and feathers, were pages of a new outfit style. These also drop in the anniversary boxes and are not bound, so they can be sold, so players can trade them. I got one of the new outfit pages to drop in one of the 7 boxes I earned for doing my crafting writ dailies during my brief testing, so they aren't going to be ultra rare and totally reliant on RNG like the collectible rewards during the Slogmire event.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 11, 2020 6:11PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I will agree with everyone who would like the cakes to be available to everyone. I have all the mementos, so I can get all of them, and I really don't care if Susie Jones starts the game during the anniversary event and gets enough tickets to buy all of them. I really see no reason for these to be exclusive to having the memento. After all, the memento is the only thing you can really use to show off that you were here back then. Well, I guess you could decorate a home with them and invite everyone over to see the cakes so they can say "Wow, man, you were here back then? So cool!!! LOL.

I like the idea that those who have the memento can just buy them for gold from the Impresario's assistant. Or, at the very least, allow us to purchase additional cakes from him after we've purchased our first with tickets.

Also, from my PTS testing, the only other items at the Impresario besides the ice heart indrik berry and feathers, were pages of a new outfit style. These also drop in the anniversary boxes and are not bound, so they can be sold, so players can trade them. I got one of the new outfit pages to drop in one of the 7 boxes I earned for doing my crafting writ dailies during my brief testing, so they aren't going to be ultra rare and totally reliant on RNG like the collectible rewards during the Slogmire event.

Exactly. The mementos were obviously released prior to the cake furnishing even being on the table (so to speak).

So, one had to complete the quest to get the memento; however, nothing was ever said about a future cake furnishing.. therefore, no one knew it would be dependent on acquiring the memento in the first place.

Honestly, I feel slightly snubbed that players' time/effort/money in supporting them means so little to nothing.
    I understand that certain furnishings/trophies require players to complete certain quests/dungeons/events, however it (as far as I'm aware) is clear what the reward is at the end and upon completion, in these cases. You want a certain reward, you know you have to fulfill certain steps and criteria.

This is not the case with the cake furnishing. There was no clear path set before us. No instructions laid out prior to the one pve quest for the memento. No "if you don't get the memento, you won't get the cake" communication.

In contrast, this is an anniversary celebration of the game and its players. I thought a way to celebrate and say "thank you" for sticking with us and supporting us.

I don't believe it should all boil down to just one pve quest. There are a lot of ways to support and participate.

There was no such communication (again, as far as I'm aware) that the memento would one day be a sole requirement for being allowed to receive/purchase a cake furnishing.

At any rate, it's almost a moot point for me, but I do still hope they reconsider for the rest of their players who would like to feel recognized and appreciated as well....

thanks zos, it's been a slice....
    Edited by Delphinia on March 12, 2020 1:33AM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any objection to a player having to participate in at least one anniversary event quest but once completed it would have to unlock all of the cake furnishings past, present and future.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any objection to a player having to participate in at least one anniversary event quest but once completed it would have to unlock all of the cake furnishings past, present and future.

I totally agree!
    This one likes to play.....