The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need Anniversary Cake as Furniture, Pretty please!

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all!

We have wished for the cake as furniture since housing launched (there is even a Cake Slice, Anniversary furniture item in the files!) and no cake has ever appeared!

With the beautiful 5 year anniversary cake this year, we should definitely commemorate it as a furniture item!

Wouldn't mind the 1, 2 and 3 tier cakes either as well as a cake slice on a plate, yum!

The cake slice from the files doesn't match name with icon, but CAKE!

ehCnQqN.png?1

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake CAKE!

Pretty please?

DqS5RGr.png

PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • PBnJ66
    PBnJ66
    ✭✭
    Yes! This would be a great way to commemorate the 5th anniversary of ESO. Let us have cake! I've been wanting a cake furnishing items since you released the first memento. Pretty please with sweetrolls on top.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Let us eat cake, please ZOS
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Please Zos! Dont deny us cake!

ing]
    Master Craftsman!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want all the mementos as intrractable furnishing items.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want all the mementos as intrractable furnishing items.

That would be awesome.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the PTS patch notes: It's happening!!
    All the anniversary cakes are now available as furnishing items as well! If you possess the Memento version of a given year’s cake, you can now buy replicas of that cake to place in your home.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many cakes do we have? Mine are 2017, 2018 and 2019. Did I miss any previous?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    How many cakes do we have? Mine are 2017, 2018 and 2019. Did I miss any previous?

There was a two layer one in 2016 as well.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    myskyrim26 wrote: »

There was a two layer one in 2016 as well.

Ooh, I missed that one.... thank you!
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay!!

All the anniversary cakes are now available as furnishing items as well! If you possess the Memento version of a given year’s cake, you can now buy replicas of that cake to place in your home.

These are sold by the Impressario for three event tickets each. This includes the new cake for this year, and you can acquire as many copies as you like!
    Edited by carly on January 21, 2020 2:57PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    Yay!!

These are sold by the Impressario for three event tickets each. This includes the new cake for this year, and you can acquire as many copies as you like!

While that is better than nothing they should have at least one available via gold through a vendor. I'm mean it's not like we have other uses for the limited number of event tickets.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!!

Is this already in-game?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay!!

Is this already in-game?

No, it's on the PTS - they will be for sale during the Anniversary Event.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen the cake. It neeeeeds to be in my home!9u9lmk2nwx8p.png
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    i'm sooooo sad! Because i would LOVE to buy all of them, but i wasn't even playing in 2016! So as much as i'm applauding and cheering that we get to have these cakes, i'm also confused why it's neccessary to have the memento.

Please ZOS don't do this to me......
    This one likes to play.....
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm sooooo sad! Because i would LOVE to buy all of them, but i wasn't even playing in 2016! So as much as i'm applauding and cheering that we get to have these cakes, i'm also confused why it's neccessary to have the memento.

Totally agree! I don't want it for nothing, put in a quest line, I'll do the work for the previous ones. Don't get me wrong I'm happy I have one and will get this next one but....
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is too bad that you can't buy them unless you have the associated memento. I'm not sure why, as why not let players have the cakes from each year, even if they weren't playing then or missed the event for whatever reason.

I also wish that these were collectible items, so I could place them in as many homes as I wanted. I'm already going to be spending 15 event tickets to get them all. Good thing the Paladin pages drop from the anniversary boxes, so I don't have to worry about needing tickets for that style.

And, I did say that I was done with the indriks, though the iceheart one on PTS is rather pretty.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh no, there are more Indriks???!

When will this madness stop?!
    ugh
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could require the memento for some period of time then make them all universally available as a furnishing only after the player has completed their first anniversary event.
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the second one too, but I am so happy I'll get the other ones. - Who needs Indriks if there is cake!
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @playfull_kitten , I completely agree. I have been playing since beta, (starting with the subscription requirement to play) but I don't recall hearing much fanfare over the first anniversary and especially that there was a memento attached with it. I was pretty well into pvp and had already leveled my character.

Needless to say, I am disheartened and disappointed .. I acknowledge that there should be some perks for those players who have stuck with zos since the beginning (ie. loyalty rewards such as the beta pet, anniversary pets, etc), but introducing the housing later in the game should really start a new clock on many of these quests. I would like to see the ability to do the quest on repeat and select cake mementos and furnishings as you progress through the questlines specific to each anniversary.

Many players were not even here at that time, and those of us that were and missed it (such as myself) were not aware of the long term ramifications it would have especially after the following years when housing was finally introduced. @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Cardinal please... let us eat cake
    giphy.gif
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    We're getting 2 berries with this pvp event, so by the time the anniversary event rolls around it should only be 1 berry. I can't imagine what else I would want to spend my tickets on at that point. Buy a new cake every day, get the berry. Hopefully have enough tickets for two of each cake.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!!

Really?! :smiley:

That's amazing, thought it would never happen.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 24, 2020 2:49PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen the cake. It neeeeeds to be in my home!9u9lmk2nwx8p.png

Wow, that's a gorgeous one.

They're all gorgeous, though.

You know what we should also be able to get?

Chef Donolon as an NPC for our homes. :smiley:

He could be a vendor during the anniversary event and sell the cakes.

The rest of the time, he could just be a regular vendor.

Then we just need a maid/waitress (in the Maid outfit) and we've got a more-or-less fully staffed restaurant.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 24, 2020 3:16PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I won't have access to the first two, either, but the others are better, to be honest.

The first two are just one and two tier versions of the third.

I started playing at launch, but had to leave for 3 years, due to my laptop not being good enough at the time.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 24, 2020 3:00PM
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

I won't have access to the first two, either, but the others are better, to be honest.

I started playing at launch, but had to leave for 3 years, due to my laptop not being good enough at the time.

I was planning on a cake shop..... :'(
    There can never be too much cake in a cake shop i think......
    This one likes to play.....
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, I totally agree.

Would be nice to be able to get all of them...

What (assuming they won't allow a catch-up mechanism) if they weren't bound and we could buy the ones we don't have from guild stores?

Then we could effectively swap them for the ones we do have.

I would have preferred it if they were craftable and we could have bought the recipes to make them, personally, but still.

Not going to complain too much, though, as I'm just happy to have any cake at all, at this point. :lol:
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 28, 2020 5:04PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can still do a cake shop since you can buy as many cakes as you want (of the ones you're able to buy). I would have loved for them to be collectibles instead, so I could place them in more than one home without having to buy multiples. But, for someone wanting to have lots of cake in one house, this option is better. You won't have as much variety in your cakes, but you can still have lots of cake.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 28, 2020 8:36PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, so it would appear (according to MMO fashion) that there will only be three cake furnishings (so far), anyway.

They are all the three tier ones.

Assuming MMO fashion have got it right, the 2016 cake (a one tier version of the 2018 style cake) and the 2017 cake a (two tier version of the 2018 style cake) do not appear to be available.

Here are the ones that will be:

2018:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/replica-jubilee-cake-2018/

2019:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/replica-jubilee-cake-2019/

2020:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/replica-jubilee-cake-2020/