The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blood Scion - Vampire Ultimate, not looking so great?

• Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    My biggest issue with it is that they recycled the look of Dragonknight's wing's for one of the morphs (just made it transparent) and the other morph doesn't seem to have wings at all, which is a big shame.

This should really be looked at and possibly even adjusted in the special case for DK vampires so that they use their actual wings to flap instead of growing a second pair of wings for it...

It looks very weird, can agree. I also don't like the blue coloring it has when none of the vampire's kit is blue. Not a fan of the fact the model is so dark that you can barely see anything on it.

Also wait those wings are just DK wings but transparent? Yikes.....that's so bad lol. There's no way those are the final wings, right?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Okay, as for the Vampire Lord lore...

We only have a single one confirmed being: Lord Harkon. Serana and Valerica are the ones having received that gift from Molag Bal, but we never see them actually using it. Serana talks about it, but there is no proof. However, at least one of the two must have it in her blood, as this is how Lord Harkon got it. It is in the blood and the Dragonborn proves it.

What does this mean for Lamae Bal? She could have the ability to transform, but never use it. Entirely possible until... the Vestige steps in. If Lamae had it, we would have it, too, having received her blood. So she cannot have it at this moment. ZOS will probably retcon this.

A few more thoughts. Lamae is as pure as are Serana and Valerica. Lamae is the FIRST Daughter of Coldharbour, not the only. It is entirely possible and likely that Molag Bal's blood works differently on different people. For Lamae, she got the powers without sun weakness. For Serana and Valerica, which are similar to each other being daughter and mother, it's transformation with sun weakness. Thus I like to think that Lamae shouldn't be able to transform into a Lord. It should be unique to Volkihar or their ANCESTORS and we, the ESO players, should get it from that ancestor, not Lamae. Mixing the bloodlines would also explain why we can transform (or imitate the real thing) while still not taking sun damage.

Is anyone else really excited to finally get answers and story and lore in Greymoor?
    >x3

If you get turned by Serana in Skyrim you get the vampire lord form from her. Their entire family all share the same blood and its even stated in Castle Volkihar that the other members of the court can also turn into vampire lords, but they don't since its "not very impressive." Its a shame though that they don't use the form in the final battle if you sided with the Dawnguard as it would be a kind of a wake-up call to remind you who you're dealing with.

Then again like many things in Skyrim Bethesda didn't implement things they really should have, and it wouldn't be the first time that game had some.... questionable things. *Cough*Delphine'sEmbassyQuest*Cough*

Oh, I believe Serana when she says having that gift was the only thing helping her get over how she acquired it. I was just proving that the blood is the proof. You being able to transform because you got a Lord's blood. That means, for now, that Lamae CANNOT have the gift.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    My biggest issue with it is that they recycled the look of Dragonknight's wing's for one of the morphs (just made it transparent) and the other morph doesn't seem to have wings at all, which is a big shame.

This should really be looked at and possibly even adjusted in the special case for DK vampires so that they use their actual wings to flap instead of growing a second pair of wings for it...

It looks very weird, can agree. I also don't like the blue coloring it has when none of the vampire's kit is blue. Not a fan of the fact the model is so dark that you can barely see anything on it.

Also wait those wings are just DK wings but transparent? Yikes.....that's so bad lol. There's no way those are the final wings, right?

Yeah, those might just be placeholder wings, but if they have a model with wings ready for NPCs, it makes you wonder why the player version doesn't... and there are clearly some Blood Scion NPCs without wings around which only has me more concerned that this might actually be closer to the final version than I'd like...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I believe Serana when she says having that gift was the only thing helping her get over how she acquired it. I was just proving that the blood is the proof. You being able to transform because you got a Lord's blood. That means, for now, that Lamae CANNOT have the gift.

Oh, I misread what what you posted, my bad. But is there anything really stopping Lamae from having it though? It is implied the more vampires she creates the more powerful she becomes. Maybe there's a point where she has so many children that she can give herself and her closest progeny the ability to take on the Vampire Scion form?

Could also theorize that Lamae has the power to altar her bloodline and others as she sees fit. Like the 7 clans of the Illiac Bay are all descended from her and each one has special unique powers. We can take the Cold War going on between her and Molag Bol and theorize that she learned how to recreate the Vampire Lord power Molag Bol gave to Harkon and his family.

The devs sadly are in charge and can bend and twist the lore all day long to get the result they want. We'll see how they weave this one.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, those might just be placeholder wings, but if they have a model with wings ready for NPCs, it makes you wonder why the player version doesn't... and there are clearly some Blood Scion NPCs without wings around which only has me more concerned that this might actually be closer to the final version than I'd like...

Also makes you wonder why we don't look more like the Blood Scion NPCs without wings. (I think one of these can be seen in the recent trailer standing between two deathhounds, if you know what Im talking about.)

I will admit I'm concerned about the model as well. My only hope is that maybe the content creators were playing a SUPER early version. I don't want my blood scion to have big-bulky wings. We already look like vampire lords, just give us the thin wings already.... Even the ability icon for the blood scion shows thing wings.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh, I misread what what you posted, my bad. But is there anything really stopping Lamae from having it though? It is implied the more vampires she creates the more powerful she becomes. Maybe there's a point where she has so many children that she can give herself and her closest progeny the ability to take on the Vampire Scion form?

Could also theorize that Lamae has the power to altar her bloodline and others as she sees fit. Like the 7 clans of the Illiac Bay are all descended from her and each one has special unique powers. We can take the Cold War going on between her and Molag Bol and theorize that she learned how to recreate the Vampire Lord power Molag Bol gave to Harkon and his family.

The devs sadly are in charge and can bend and twist the lore all day long to get the result they want. We'll see how they weave this one.

Just wanted to make a point that she doesn't have the Lord form as of now and something must change.
    Your suggestion is what I am expecting. She will probably copy the true Vampire Lord gift into an imitation, significantly weaker and uglier and called "Blood Scion".
    Alternatively, it could go just like in Skyrim and Lamae only gives us the basic skills, while the ultimate is given to us from another NPC. But I find the method above to be much more likely.
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭

Hey so I went back and looked into it - Lamae totally could have the gift, Harkon doesn't mention that it is specifically his blood, but the Ancient Blood - Lamae is an Ancient if not the first, lore-wise, she should be able to give the gift
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glacku808 wrote: »

Hey so I went back and looked into it - Lamae totally could have the gift, Harkon doesn't mention that it is specifically his blood, but the Ancient Blood - Lamae is an Ancient if not the first, lore-wise, she should be able to give the gift

Precisely, so it makes sense she could have the power. I know one person in my RP guild kept arguing for years it made no sense that Lamae created the weakest vampires ever when compared to the other games. ((with the exception of no sunlight damage of course. That alone is powerful.))

PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Vampire Lord is a vastly stronger and significantly cheaper version of bone collossus. It's better in all regards except for having less health, but still alot.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish it was more like werewolf, with very specialized skills and ability to tear your enemies apart with your claws. And being able to maintain it for very long time, not some mere 20 seconds. (bacially magicka werewolf or skyrim kind of vampire lord)
    Edited by Anhedonie on April 3, 2020 4:04AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Precisely, so it makes sense she could have the power. I know one person in my RP guild kept arguing for years it made no sense that Lamae created the weakest vampires ever when compared to the other games. ((with the exception of no sunlight damage of course. That alone is powerful.))

I explained that. If Lamae had it, we would have it. Right now. For her to have the gift would require a retcon.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I explained that. If Lamae had it, we would have it. Right now. For her to have the gift would require a retcon.

Which guess what? Oh would you look at that, It's being retconned in Greymoor. Otherwise why don't we have the abilities we're getting with the update right now, hm? :(

Edited by Noxavian on April 3, 2020 4:42AM
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    I wish it was more like werewolf, with very specialized skills and ability to tear your enemies apart with your claws. And being able to maintain it for very long time, not some mere 20 seconds. (bacially magicka werewolf or skyrim kind of vampire lord)

This this this this this this this this this this this this this this
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭

No it wouldn't - "it" is the Ancient Blood which causes the Vampire Lord. Lamae could very well be the first to have the Ancient Blood as she was the first.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I totally understand that the footage that was released today comes from pre pts and is subject to change, but if the way the current form for the Blood Scion is what will be released, that would be super disappointing. Everything else with the reVamp, I'm super stoked for! But please let the final form, be something the way they have advertised the Ult. I've put a few images for reference at what I thought the Ult would look like, and I'm posting a Youtube video by Alcast, if you skip to 0:30-0:35 you'll see what the from looks like as of now. If it isn't the final form, then great! But I just wanted to add my 2 Crowns bc I love Vamp lore in TES <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDXATjYJXhg&amp;t=41s

greymoor_vampire_lord-100827359-large.jpg

ricardo-graham-vampirelord-statue-final05.jpg?1579221344

00po8o64ktd41.jpg

(while we're at it, please make the Ult similar to WW, and not closer to the Necro Lord lasting at a mere 20 seconds, I want to feel like a super Ancient Vampy Lord ^^ much respect)

Thoughts?

What you show us is pic of a vampire lord
    We get a blood scion transformation
    2 different thing so they should not be the same look

Plus i vampire lord are uglier
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No it wouldn't - "it" is the Ancient Blood which causes the Vampire Lord. Lamae could very well be the first to have the Ancient Blood as she was the first.

And she turned us. So we have her blood, too. Which means we should be able to transform right now. But we can't.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which guess what? Oh would you look at that, It's being retconned in Greymoor. Otherwise why don't we have the abilities we're getting with the update right now, hm? :(

I don't even see it as a retcon. She gains power and from what they've said, people who're vampires already can still go through and get the quest--AKA, she could potentially bestow some of the power she's gained into the Vestige.

Further on topic though, I know that pre-PTS animations and models are subjected to change and I hope they do--but the Scion form doesn't feel like a Scion. Facial features aren't really pronounced enough to differentiate at a glance from Xivilai or a Scion. The wings look like those tacky backpack wings they threw in GW2 and overall looks and feels like a bootleg Transformer.

As for the subject about Blood Mist, I think that it may be one of the missing texture animations and I hope so. I was really hoping for bite ability that wasn't stuck around feeding, but I'm also okay with the fact that the abilities are now sort of more in line with other games in the franchise in the visual sense. I just hope to Mara that they fix that Scion form because oof.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Normal abilities are a gameplay feature, like how Dawnbreaker is physical now, although it should be magical. The Vampire Lord power is a big deal, however. Much like in Skyrim, where you didn't just get that power from a random vampire. It does require a lore explanation why we can transform now.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it. It looks like a full heal and large stat boosts, whether Ill use it comes down to the price.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I liked it. It looks like a full heal and large stat boosts, whether Ill use it comes down to the price.
    I am sceptical about full heal part, because it overwrite DK's Battle Roar passive. I'd prefer power budget, which they spent on this part, went to another place.

My opinion from another thread about Blood Scion:
    I'd prefer the model of main antagonist vampire, which they showed at Greymore announcement video. At this screenshots his horns almost invisible and this makes him look even cooler for me.
    JP3WNKx.jpg
    NYcEhk8.jpg
    Once again, i prefer model of main antagonist, but without horns. Leave the horns to main antagonist, as symbol of his royalty and power, but, please, ZOS remove them from player's model, because with horns he start looks more like Xivkyn or demon and less like vampire. Also i prefer his minimalistic armor, rather when armored NPC version or curent state of Blood Scion ultimate, in current state Blood Scion looks more like battle demon, not like vampire lord. And, ZOS, get rid of this unnecessary glowing red eyes and blue flame/smoke that come from Blood Scion ultimate form.
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    XomRhoK wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I am sceptical about full heal part, because it overwrite DK's Battle Roar passive. I'd prefer power budget, which they spent on this part, went to another place.

My opinion from another thread about Blood Scion:
    I'd prefer the model of main antagonist vampire, which they showed at Greymore announcement video. At this screenshots his horns almost invisible and this makes him look even cooler for me.
    JP3WNKx.jpg
    NYcEhk8.jpg
    Once again, i prefer model of main antagonist, but without horns. Leave the horns to main antagonist, as symbol of his royalty and power, but, please, ZOS remove them from player's model, because with horns he start looks more like Xivkyn or demon and less like vampire. Also i prefer his minimalistic armor, rather when armored NPC version or curent state of Blood Scion ultimate, in current state Blood Scion looks more like battle demon, not like vampire lord. And, ZOS, get rid of this unnecessary glowing red eyes and blue flame/smoke that come from Blood Scion ultimate form.

Yes exactly! I heard that what they have now looks like a place holder - so lets hope! Cause other wise, I can tell you about an Ult I will not be having on my bar
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And she turned us. So we have her blood, too. Which means we should be able to transform right now. But we can't.

Why cant we turn into mist infinitely now? Why can't we turn into a blood scion right now?

Why can't we go into a blood frenzy right now? why can't we mesmerize people right now?

• Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

I don't even see it as a retcon. She gains power and from what they've said, people who're vampires already can still go through and get the quest--AKA, she could potentially bestow some of the power she's gained into the Vestige.

Further on topic though, I know that pre-PTS animations and models are subjected to change and I hope they do--but the Scion form doesn't feel like a Scion. Facial features aren't really pronounced enough to differentiate at a glance from Xivilai or a Scion. The wings look like those tacky backpack wings they threw in GW2 and overall looks and feels like a bootleg Transformer.

As for the subject about Blood Mist, I think that it may be one of the missing texture animations and I hope so. I was really hoping for bite ability that wasn't stuck around feeding, but I'm also okay with the fact that the abilities are now sort of more in line with other games in the franchise in the visual sense. I just hope to Mara that they fix that Scion form because oof.

Fair, I don't really see it as a retcon either, I was more or less saying it for arguments sake.

Nevertheless, I really hope the change too! The wings look absolutely awful and I'm hoping in a couple weeks once we see the transformation we'll be blown away.

As for Blood Mist, I too think it's one of the missing texture animations. If you compare the descriptions of the abilities too, it looks like it isn't even updated for the morph. It still has the base ability description + the new effect, typically morphs change the wording very subtly. For example, elusive mist changes "dissolve into a bloody mist" into "dissolve into a dark mist", which I assume will change once the animation is finished. really hoping to be able to turn into a swarm of bats with this.

And yeah, I can also agree with hoping they fix the Scion form. I at least hope they give the form a unique heavy/light attack so I don't need to see my weapon while in it.

But at the very least them looking cool would be fine too.
    Edited by Noxavian on April 4, 2020 6:33AM
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Normal abilities are a gameplay feature, like how Dawnbreaker is physical now, although it should be magical. The Vampire Lord power is a big deal, however. Much like in Skyrim, where you didn't just get that power from a random vampire. It does require a lore explanation why we can transform now.

We'd be getting it from the Mother Of Vampires, hardly just a 'random vampire' lol..... Yikes.

And ultimates aren't a gameplay feature? Wack.
  • Maelstroa
    Maelstroa
    ✭✭
    It honestly looks awful, I do hope they are fixing it.

The horns are so big and your body gets so overly huge (note that Alcast is in a female toon, so even females become massive buff dudes, currently) the wings look like someone got way too friendly with the design of Illidan from World of Warcraft, the whole transparent shadow effect (if it stays) included.

I do not like that the body gets overly fattened like you are some massive body-builder. Your legs and size make you look more like a minotaur than a vampire (when you slap those wings on there, might as well call us Morihaus, you know?), and you do not even have animations of hovering with those wings (currently) you still run like normal so there is no point to them being so dang massive. There is no lean subtlety, no look of lithe and deceptively frightful power. Just another massive dude on a massive quest to be more massive.

But, even aside from all of that.. So how about that "Live your life at a near-death disadvantage so you can have damage on-par with everyone else" Health Management mechanic for vampire if you do not like Stamina ?
    Never seen that concept without adding some sort of defensive buffs to offset this horrendous choice (to be nearly dead and tell your raid group to never fully heal you) ever fail before... - . -
    What happened to getting the choice of having 'Feral' Stamina Vampire skill promises they made?

YA KNOW?!
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But if everyone is an overwhelmingly overdosed lord of darkness... then no one is really special...

Your overlord can’t out shine a bat leap or a Goliath because that’s not how a balanced MMO works.

You won’t feel like the most powerful thing in the game (as you do on a single player) because there are others around you...
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    But if everyone is an overwhelmingly overdosed lord of darkness... then no one is really special...

Your overlord can’t out shine a bat leap or a Goliath because that’s not how a balanced MMO works.

You won’t feel like the most powerful thing in the game (as you do on a single player) because there are others around you...

By this logic then no one should ever do anything because there is others around us.

I dont think people are asking for it to be as powerful as vampire lord in Skyrim, they just want it to look cool and be unique.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the stupid, pointless 'wings' - nothing could fly with those.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why cant we turn into mist infinitely now? Why can't we turn into a blood scion right now?

Why can't we go into a blood frenzy right now? why can't we mesmerize people right now?

Why are skills being changed? Why did the drain go from insta-stun to delayed stun to no stun? It's just a gameplay feature, being an MMO with constant changes.
    The Vampire Lord transformation is a whole other thing. Dawnguard has made that very clear. This isn't just a simple skill, it is a power with its own deep lore and significance.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Scion and Vampire Lord are two different creatures
    Of course they look different smh