Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blood Scion - Vampire Ultimate, not looking so great?

Glacku808
Glacku808
✭✭✭
I totally understand that the footage that was released today comes from pre pts and is subject to change, but if the way the current form for the Blood Scion is what will be released, that would be super disappointing. Everything else with the reVamp, I'm super stoked for! But please let the final form, be something the way they have advertised the Ult. I've put a few images for reference at what I thought the Ult would look like, and I'm posting a Youtube video by Alcast, if you skip to 0:30-0:35 you'll see what the from looks like as of now. If it isn't the final form, then great! But I just wanted to add my 2 Crowns bc I love Vamp lore in TES <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDXATjYJXhg&amp;t=41s

greymoor_vampire_lord-100827359-large.jpg

ricardo-graham-vampirelord-statue-final05.jpg?1579221344

00po8o64ktd41.jpg

(while we're at it, please make the Ult similar to WW, and not closer to the Necro Lord lasting at a mere 20 seconds, I want to feel like a super Ancient Vampy Lord ^^ much respect)

Thoughts?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, and also add a different alternate look if your character is female. On all the videos so far featuring female characters using the form they take on a male appearance, which feels off when compared to the Volkihar purebloods having a male and female version of their Lord form. I mean we're talking about Lamae here.... would the blood matron really want all her children to turn into ugly Xivkyn like creatures, with as one person described, "Cardboard cutout wings" attached to their back?

Probably not...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Agreed, and also add a different alternate look if your character is female. On all the videos so far featuring female characters using the form they take on a male appearance, which feels off when compared to the Volkihar purebloods having a male and female version of their Lord form. I mean we're talking about Lamae here.... would the blood matron really want all her children to turn into ugly Xivkyn like creatures, with as one person described, "Cardboard cutout wings" attached to their back?

Probably not...

Could not have said it better myself! It does say "work in progress" so we can only hope!
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could be a hint at the story... The dude we see in the trailer could be a true, beautiful vampire lord. And us, the players, only get a cheap, ugly blood scion imitation.
    Whether true or not, it needs a re-design. Really!
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Could be a hint at the story... The dude we see in the trailer could be a true, beautiful vampire lord. And us, the players, only get a cheap, ugly blood scion imitation.
    Whether true or not, it needs a re-design. Really!

Agreed - like that could be the main villain, but aren't we children of thee Blood Matron? We should definitely look the part!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking on it we could've had a very interesting Scion form with the form itself personifying Lamae in some way. Like having pure Lamae white skin, noxiphilic black clothes ((Or eyes)), slightly hovering off the ground like Lamae does, and with some awesome vampire wings and/or claws.

I mean just imagining this sounds way cooler than what we've seen so far. Sadly its ZOS's game and not mine but they really should rethink the current look.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope this is just some super rough draft of the transformation because if this is how it'll look on live then yikes. Looks like our vestige bought their blood scion form at spirit halloween.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not...

Hopefully Argonians and Khajiit have their own Vampire Lord models as well.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glacku808 wrote: »
    I totally understand that the footage that was released today comes from pre pts and is subject to change, but if the way the current form for the Blood Scion is what will be released, that would be super disappointing. Everything else with the reVamp, I'm super stoked for! But please let the final form, be something the way they have advertised the Ult. I've put a few images for reference at what I thought the Ult would look like, and I'm posting a Youtube video by Alcast, if you skip to 0:30-0:35 you'll see what the from looks like as of now. If it isn't the final form, then great! But I just wanted to add my 2 Crowns bc I love Vamp lore in TES <3

00po8o64ktd41.jpg

(while we're at it, please make the Ult similar to WW, and not closer to the Necro Lord lasting at a mere 20 seconds, I want to feel like a super Ancient Vampy Lord ^^ much respect)

Thoughts?

I too was expecting it to look at least somewhat similar to those pictures you posted. In fact, if you look at the ability icon in Alcast's video, it looks very similar to the vampire in those pictures. (skinny wings, etc).

Im unsure as to if at this point they'll change the fact that it's basically a necro re-skin, but I guess we'll find out. For the record, I would LOVE it if they re-designed how it worked so that it isn't a necro ult clone.

However, cosmetically, it needs an absolute re-design. Why are they blue? Literally no other vampire ability in this entire game is blue. Why do we have shadow wings? Literally no vampire in Elder scrolls has shadow wings. Why not just idk, give us something similar to the model that /already exists/ and that has been advertised.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope this is just some super rough draft of the transformation because if this is how it'll look on live then yikes. Looks like our vestige bought their blood scion form at spirit halloween.

Same! Genuinely if it looks anything like this on release, I will stop playing ESO.

I've waited 4 years for a vampire update, I'm not going to waste another 4 hoping for an update to the ultimate to not look like trash.

What's really kicking me though is that some people like how it looks /presently/. Which is worrying immensely.

Like ah yes, I too like not being able to see any details of my character for 20 seconds and have huge translucent cardboard-wings block my view. I too also like basically re-using the mechanics of an ult that came out last year! I wonder what next year's goliath transformation will be?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is because we are not "true" Vampire Lords, we are no more Vampire Lords then a Dragonknight is a Dragon just because they can sprout wings, at best we can mimicry the form of a Volkihar Vampire Lord which is why we cannot sustain it.

Did they not say Lamae Bal's clan can copy abilities off of other clans, maybe this is exactly that and yes it would be Volkihar only, look where the expansion takes place, geographically it is practically right outside Harkon's Castle and the villains of this DLC are likely his bloodline decendants.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 31, 2020 3:50AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that is because we are not "true" Vampire Lords, we are no more Vampire Lords then a Dragonknight is a Dragon just because they can sprout wings, at best we can mimicry the form of a Vampire Lord which is why we cannot sustain it.

Did they not say Lamae Bal's clan can copy abilities off of other clans, maybe this is exactly that.

But she's a pureblood and turns the vestige into a pureblood as well since their soul shriven style body is impossible to turn via normal means.This means that the first vampire ever created is turning your character essentially into a pureblooded vampire of her bloodline. ((Or at best a 2nd generation which in terms of Harkon's bloodline still retains the vampire lord form.))

As much as me and my roleplaying friends did not want ESO to have a vampire lord form, sadly the evidence is there to conclude that its not only possible, but that the Vestige is no less a vampire than the Dragonborn if they side with the vampires in Dawnguard.

As for your reasoning that she can copy the abilities off other clans doesn't that mean that she does in fact have in her power the ability to turn herself, and her children, into vampire lords?
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well that is because we are not "true" Vampire Lords, we are no more Vampire Lords then a Dragonknight is a Dragon just because they can sprout wings, at best we can mimicry the form of a Volkihar Vampire Lord which is why we cannot sustain it.

Did they not say Lamae Bal's clan can copy abilities off of other clans, maybe this is exactly that and yes it would be Volkihar only, look where the expansion takes place, geographically it is practically right outside Harkon's Castle and the villains of this DLC are likely his bloodline decendants.

Form still looks and feels like crap. Doesn't really matter how you look at it.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is because we are not "true" Vampire Lords, we are no more Vampire Lords then a Dragonknight is a Dragon just because they can sprout wings, at best we can mimicry the form of a Vampire Lord which is why we cannot sustain it.

Did they not say Lamae Bal's clan can copy abilities off of other clans, maybe this is exactly that.

But she's a pureblood and turns the vestige into a pureblood as well since their soul shriven style body is impossible to turn via normal means.This means that the first vampire ever created is turning your character essentially into a pureblooded vampire of her bloodline. ((Or at best a 2nd generation which in terms of Harkon's bloodline still retains the vampire lord form.))

As much as me and my roleplaying friends did not want ESO to have a vampire lord form, sadly the evidence is there to conclude that its not only possible, but that the Vestige is no less a vampire than the Dragonborn if they side with the vampires in Dawnguard.

As for your reasoning that she can copy the abilities off other clans doesn't that mean that she does in fact have in her power the ability to turn herself, and her children, into vampire lords?

Your assuming the Vampire Lord form is a form that all those turned by Molag Bal possess.

Ask yourself does the first Werewolf have the power to transform into a Werebear or a Werecrocodile? Vampire Bloodlines are different types of Vampire just how a Werewolf is a different type of Lycanthrope from a Wereboar.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 31, 2020 4:24AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your assuming the Vampire Lord form is a form that all those turned by Molag Bal possess.

Ask yourself does the first Werewolf have the power to transform into a Werebear or a Werecrocodile? Vampire Bloodlines are different types of Vampire just how a Werewolf is a different type of Lycanthrope from a Wereboar.

And so far in the Elder Scrolls universe the only ones we've seen able to become vampire lords are those directly turned by Molag Bol and their childe. Sure it might not be the same transformation, but there IS a transformation! This Vampire Scion vs Vampire Lord could be the same as comparing a werewolf to a werebear. They came from the same daedric prince, have the same similar powers, but vary in appearance and nature.

At the end of the day though what we've seen so far is pretty terrible looking and unsuitable for Lamae's bloodline. It does not feel like her at all and looks like something the Volkihars would get. It is not a rebellion against Molag Bol but an upfront embrace of him, with added cardboard cutout wings..... Thanks @Noxavian I cannot get the cardboard wing thing out of my head!
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I really liked the other abilities, but the vampire ult looks kind of boring. It's just the necro ult but they replaced the skeleton with some big daedra looking guy. I'm still hoping they at least make some appearance variations depending on your character's race and gender like the necro ult does. Otherwise I won't even consider using it over bone goliath.
    Edited by Opalblade on March 31, 2020 6:15AM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    i dont really like the form at all, i dont want it in the first place.
    we should not transform to scion or vampire lord form, just give us magical wing or power up effect like super saiyan
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭

[/quote]

I too was expecting it to look at least somewhat similar to those pictures you posted. In fact, if you look at the ability icon in Alcast's video, it looks very similar to the vampire in those pictures. (skinny wings, etc).

Im unsure as to if at this point they'll change the fact that it's basically a necro re-skin, but I guess we'll find out. For the record, I would LOVE it if they re-designed how it worked so that it isn't a necro ult clone.

However, cosmetically, it needs an absolute re-design. Why are they blue? Literally no other vampire ability in this entire game is blue. Why do we have shadow wings? Literally no vampire in Elder scrolls has shadow wings. Why not just idk, give us something similar to the model that /already exists/ and that has been advertised. [/quote]

I do hope the change it! Otherwise its just a Necro Ult in another skill tree, don't see why I would use the Blood Scion over my BC unless they completely nerf Necro's Ult. Also yeah, whats with the blue and the shadows, makes it really confusing. Also, when you compare it to the in game models of the Vamp Lords, its so underwhelming, the actual Vampire Lords look so scary and menacing - want want want. Lets pray its just Pre PTS stuff, I have faith they will deliver!
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

Same! Genuinely if it looks anything like this on release, I will stop playing ESO.

I've waited 4 years for a vampire update, I'm not going to waste another 4 hoping for an update to the ultimate to not look like trash.

What's really kicking me though is that some people like how it looks /presently/. Which is worrying immensely.

Like ah yes, I too like not being able to see any details of my character for 20 seconds and have huge translucent cardboard-wings block my view. I too also like basically re-using the mechanics of an ult that came out last year! I wonder what next year's goliath transformation will be?

Literally me too. And this time around, I think once its updated, other than minor patch tweaks here and there, that'll be it, so I'm hoping they get it right this time around.

And hey, to each his own right? But I agree, I wish I could like it and be stoked but truth be told, I'm underwhelmed.

LOL right - thats why I'm hoping the "work in progress" part is true, bc it really looks like a work in progress. Cause like you said, its just a reskin, in another skill line, so if you're a necro, you just get the same ult twice - here's hoping it becomes developed to WW's level
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Literally me too. And this time around, I think once its updated, other than minor patch tweaks here and there, that'll be it, so I'm hoping they get it right this time around.

And hey, to each his own right? But I agree, I wish I could like it and be stoked but truth be told, I'm underwhelmed.

LOL right - thats why I'm hoping the "work in progress" part is true, bc it really looks like a work in progress. Cause like you said, its just a reskin, in another skill line, so if you're a necro, you just get the same ult twice - here's hoping it becomes developed to WW's level

Yeah, that's the saddest part. After this update I heavily doubt Vampire will be getting touched again during ESO's life cycle. At most we /might/ eventually get different bloodlines. Just how we might eventually get different beast forms.

And yeah, to each their own, but I suppose I wish that those that liked the form didn't discredit those that wish it would be updated/changed. I've had some people tell me they don't know what I'm on about and that it's amazing. It being updated helps literally everyone who is interested in it.

I hope the work in progress thing is true too. I guess we'll find out around the 14th-16th. As it should be on PTS by then. Now whatever hits pts is most likely how it'll look when coming to live.

I also hope they don't get away with just making bone goliath 2.0. They're seriously wasting a creative opportunity here. Let's hope my boi that this was like, super early in dev.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

00po8o64ktd41.jpg

Thoughts?

Also speaking of stuff not looking too good, does anyone else feel like it'll be a missed opportunity if Blood Mist is just a red cloud of mist? Really feel like they could of had the player turn into a swarm of bats here similar to the trailer. Since it deals dmg and heals you, it makes sense and would look cool and provide variety.
  • Spriggen
    Spriggen
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of this "Goliath" reskin what so ever.

I was hoping for a proper Vampire Lord form like the promo art shows but it just looks like that is the boss of this dlc.

I am excited for the other Vampire abilities though.

Please fix the Scion! Just give us the Vampire Lord
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

00po8o64ktd41.jpg

Thoughts?

Also speaking of stuff not looking too good, does anyone else feel like it'll be a missed opportunity if Blood Mist is just a red cloud of mist? Really feel like they could of had the player turn into a swarm of bats here similar to the trailer. Since it deals dmg and heals you, it makes sense and would look cool and provide variety.

It's the same some vampire bosses use, most notably the second to last in Spindlecrotch II.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

00po8o64ktd41.jpg

Thoughts?

It's the same some vampire bosses use, most notably the second to last in Spindlecrotch II.

Oh? To my knowledge we havent seen the animation for the new blood mist yet. Most of the animations haven't been touched up too much.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spriggen wrote: »
    Not a fan of this "Goliath" reskin what so ever.

I was hoping for a proper Vampire Lord form like the promo art shows but it just looks like that is the boss of this dlc.

I am excited for the other Vampire abilities though.

Please fix the Scion! Just give us the Vampire Lord

This is what this whole thread is about my guy!

I'm not a fan of it either. Im more disappointed that instead of literally giving us what we want, they're once again trying to find someway around it. (ex: not making necromancers undead summoners)

Let's just hope it changes at least visually by the time PTS rolls around. Hopefully they've gotten enough negative feedback to considering changing how the ultimate works (aka no longer necro ult re-skin)

But can agree, the vampire abilities look sick. Even though I was hoping for an ability to summon death hounds or for Blood Mist to turn us into a swarm of bats.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, as for the Vampire Lord lore...

We only have a single one confirmed being: Lord Harkon. Serana and Valerica are the ones having received that gift from Molag Bal, but we never see them actually using it. Serana talks about it, but there is no proof. However, at least one of the two must have it in her blood, as this is how Lord Harkon got it. It is in the blood and the Dragonborn proves it.

What does this mean for Lamae Bal? She could have the ability to transform, but never use it. Entirely possible until... the Vestige steps in. If Lamae had it, we would have it, too, having received her blood. So she cannot have it at this moment. ZOS will probably retcon this.

A few more thoughts. Lamae is as pure as are Serana and Valerica. Lamae is the FIRST Daughter of Coldharbour, not the only. It is entirely possible and likely that Molag Bal's blood works differently on different people. For Lamae, she got the powers without sun weakness. For Serana and Valerica, which are similar to each other being daughter and mother, it's transformation with sun weakness. Thus I like to think that Lamae shouldn't be able to transform into a Lord. It should be unique to Volkihar or their ANCESTORS and we, the ESO players, should get it from that ancestor, not Lamae. Mixing the bloodlines would also explain why we can transform (or imitate the real thing) while still not taking sun damage.

Is anyone else really excited to finally get answers and story and lore in Greymoor?
    >x3
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree with the OP I just want the ult to look like the screenshot:
    Please no unnecessary shadow/magic effects or outlines.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, as for the Vampire Lord lore...

We only have a single one confirmed being: Lord Harkon. Serana and Valerica are the ones having received that gift from Molag Bal, but we never see them actually using it. Serana talks about it, but there is no proof. However, at least one of the two must have it in her blood, as this is how Lord Harkon got it. It is in the blood and the Dragonborn proves it.

What does this mean for Lamae Bal? She could have the ability to transform, but never use it. Entirely possible until... the Vestige steps in. If Lamae had it, we would have it, too, having received her blood. So she cannot have it at this moment. ZOS will probably retcon this.

A few more thoughts. Lamae is as pure as are Serana and Valerica. Lamae is the FIRST Daughter of Coldharbour, not the only. It is entirely possible and likely that Molag Bal's blood works differently on different people. For Lamae, she got the powers without sun weakness. For Serana and Valerica, which are similar to each other being daughter and mother, it's transformation with sun weakness. Thus I like to think that Lamae shouldn't be able to transform into a Lord. It should be unique to Volkihar or their ANCESTORS and we, the ESO players, should get it from that ancestor, not Lamae. Mixing the bloodlines would also explain why we can transform (or imitate the real thing) while still not taking sun damage.

Is anyone else really excited to finally get answers and story and lore in Greymoor?
    >x3

If you get turned by Serana in Skyrim you get the vampire lord form from her. Their entire family all share the same blood and its even stated in Castle Volkihar that the other members of the court can also turn into vampire lords, but they don't since its "not very impressive." Its a shame though that they don't use the form in the final battle if you sided with the Dawnguard as it would be a kind of a wake-up call to remind you who you're dealing with.

Then again like many things in Skyrim Bethesda didn't implement things they really should have, and it wouldn't be the first time that game had some.... questionable things. *Cough*Delphine'sEmbassyQuest*Cough*

• Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I admit ZOS did some misleading things on their part (pointing at the vampire statue to describe the new ult, throwing the Vamp Lord that we know on the poster board of all the hype inducing ads) however if it does go live and we don't get that Skyrim Vamp Lord I honestly won't be too bothered by it appearance wise, a darker form with shadow wings is honestly really cool! Even if its rough around the edges with it being pre-pts right now. However my core disappointment will be it behaving like necro ult. Its very off putting to be this grand dark form of vampiric power and still be using my wooden staff to attack my enemies lol!
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with the OP I just want the ult to look like the screenshot:
    Please no unnecessary shadow/magic effects or outlines.

The ult should look very similar to this screenshot. Maybe not exact, but it should look similar.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest issue with it is that they recycled the look of Dragonknight's wing's for one of the morphs (just made it transparent) and the other morph doesn't seem to have wings at all, which is a big shame.

This should really be looked at and possibly even adjusted in the special case for DK vampires so that they use their actual wings to flap instead of growing a second pair of wings for it...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.