The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

That wicker horse (NOW WITH VIDEO)

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
aw_crwn_mounts_icereachwickersteed_1x1.jpg

I'm so bloody excited for this thing. Perfectly witchy and wonderful. I hope it makes a sound like snapping twigs when it runs. I also hope it's released soon!

Source

EDIT: Here's a video.
Edited by SickleCider on May 26, 2020 3:08AM
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    I like it too, but I have a feeling it will be a crown gem exclusive😡. I hope I am wrong tho.
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dithieon wrote: »
    I like it too, but I have a feeling it will be a crown gem exclusive😡. I hope I am wrong tho.

GOSH I hope you're wrong, too. My heart would break!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it :s
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much is it, i'm almost scared to log in to see!
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maythor wrote: »
    How much is it, i'm almost scared to log in to see!

A whole 500 crown gems.

I was interested before, but it's just not worth spending literally every crown gem I've saved up so I'll have to pass.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dithieon wrote: »

GOSH I hope you're wrong, too. My heart would break!

I hope you have plenty chocolate
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • kensan62_ESO
    kensan62_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    500 crown gems???? Thats a pretty steep price considering I have 0 right now. Why do they continue to do this? I would spend up to 4000 regular crowns on this but instead they gonna make me feel like crap and spend a hell of alot more to get this? Poor customer service with this decision. I doubt I will be getting this now. i cant afford to buy crown crates just to decon 500 crown gems worth. At least coulda made it purchasable with regular crowns if you were a ESO plus member.
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    Such a shame that it is prohibitively expensive. It is a nice mount.
  • swook33b16_ESO
    swook33b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was sad too then I saw it was/is behind a gem wall. I thought it be around 2500-3000 crowns or something. But I quess greed grows more greed.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    They must really hate the players. Always, the best things in the game are locked behind a ridiculous amount of real world cash. Thanks for nothing.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am disappointed after I've previewed this horse in game :/

The idea, and some parts of the body are really great (face is wicked, branches on the chest and back actually have shape, cool saddle and stamina upgrade). But most of body looks like a simple horse with a new texture - all the little branches and mane/tail don't have any shape, they are simply painted on the flat horse body...

I wonder if somebody will make any showcase video of this mount. From what I see in preview, this mount doesn't even have special summoning animation :| When you preview it, it simply appears without any sound and effect, like any ordinary mount :/
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    From what I see in preview, this mount doesn't even have special summoning animation :| When you preview it, it simply appears without any sound and effect, like any ordinary mount :/

That is a shame, they could have done a cool little whirlwind of sticks and such coming together and forming the horse.
  • Adriius
    Adriius
    500 crown gems???? Thats a pretty steep price considering I have 0 right now. Why do they continue to do this? I would spend up to 4000 regular crowns on this but instead they gonna make me feel like crap and spend a hell of alot more to get this? Poor customer service with this decision. I doubt I will be getting this now. i cant afford to buy crown crates just to decon 500 crown gems worth. At least coulda made it purchasable with regular crowns if you were a ESO plus member.

Brand new player here & am now understanding the frustration with the Crown Store. Initially, despite being someone who's vehemently opposed to in game shops, I'd liked this version of it, because it seemed like mostly utility stuff, so it didn't *seem* like there was any "catch". However, as someone viewing the game with fresh eyes, the gems seem like the "catch". I salivated over this horse & the Coronal headpiece, for the last week and a half when I saw it on the site for this month. LOL of course, the only 2 items I really cared about are bought with these "gem" things. From what I'm hearing, the amount of crates I'd have to buy to purchase this is astronomical financially. I'd bought more Crowns when I started in anticipation for this, but didn't realize gems were a shop currency as this isn't really clearly laid out anywhere. I had to poke around for this info. I'm also not familiar with any game using 2 different currencies in in-game shops but it's not normally my thing to begin with.

I can see making the crates & how they *could* be fun for some if someone had the disposable income. I don't have that luxury. You raise a really good point, that instead, perhaps these would make a good ESO Plus exclusive. Personally, I don't care about "costumes" or dyes or any of that kind of thing. I'm more a mount/pet person if I'm even going to part with my money haha. I'm entirely down for paying a sub to support a game, no problem; but the message I'm already getting is "never enough money". I don't think that's the intention, but I did want to say, objectively, I can now see how & why it's being construed that way. It seems distasteful to put things up on the store for one vs. another kind of currency. I'm not really sure what kind of thing wouldn't come across that way in crates, but maybe they could put two prices, one in Crowns & a price in gems; that way, it doesn't appear to favour those who spend the most money. (As it stands, I now get how it looks that way after understanding how much you'd have to spend to get that many gems). That sends a certain kind of message to the customers. Especially if you're already paying a sub and buying crowns just to show some support to the game. It comes across as being double or even triple hit in the wallet.
    Edited by Adriius on May 21, 2020 10:45PM
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    Adriius wrote: »

Brand new player here & am now understanding the frustration with the Crown Store. Initially, despite being someone who's vehemently opposed to in game shops, I'd liked this version of it, because it seemed like mostly utility stuff, so it didn't *seem* like there was any "catch". However, as someone viewing the game with fresh eyes, the gems seem like the "catch". I salivated over this horse & the Coronal headpiece, for the last week and a half when I saw it on the site for this month. LOL of course, the only 2 items I really cared about are bought with these "gem" things. From what I'm hearing, the amount of crates I'd have to buy to purchase this is astronomical financially. I'd bought more Crowns when I started in anticipation for this, but didn't realize gems were a shop currency as this isn't really clearly laid out anywhere. I had to poke around for this info. I'm also not familiar with any game using 2 different currencies in in-game shops but it's not normally my thing to begin with.

I can see making the crates & how they *could* be fun for some if someone had the disposable income. I don't have that luxury. You raise a really good point, that instead, perhaps these would make a good ESO Plus exclusive. Personally, I don't care about "costumes" or dyes or any of that kind of thing. I'm more a mount/pet person if I'm even going to part with my money haha. I'm entirely down for paying a sub to support a game, no problem; but the message I'm already getting is "never enough money". I don't think that's the intention, but I did want to say, objectively, I can now see how & why it's being construed that way. It seems distasteful to put things up on the store for one vs. another kind of currency. I'm not really sure what kind of thing wouldn't come across that way in crates, but maybe they could put two prices, one in Crowns & a price in gems; that way, it doesn't appear to favour those who spend the most money. (As it stands, I now get how it looks that way after understanding how much you'd have to spend to get that many gems). That sends a certain kind of message to the customers. Especially if you're already paying a sub and buying crowns just to show some support to the game. It comes across as being double or even triple hit in the wallet.

Being a new player, you are just seeing the tip o' the iceberg. Players are seen as wallets to be drained in the most unscrupulous ways😂
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy crates with in-game gold through Crown gifting, @Adriius.

That way you’re not out-of-pocket.

If you choose this route, it’s nice to do it through a trusted broker such as Tamriel Crown Exchange.

I’ve never bought crates with real life money ... but have several Apex mounts and one Radiant Apex.

That doesn’t diminish what Crown crates represent to some players ... but it is an option.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 22, 2020 2:07AM
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭

If you choose this route, it’s nice to do it through a trusted broker such as Tamriel Crown Exchange.

ZOS should at this point simply be adding an in-game crown merchant selling crowns for gold and selling gold for crowns. That way the actual game links the in-game currency with the crown currency and items from the crown store.

It would cause ZOS a lot less headaches as they won't have to deal with people getting ripped off and opening tickets.

It is more immersive as it actually links the crown store into the actual game world.

It would allow ZOS to create a small house percentage to act as a gold/crown sink. AKA crowns sell for 160 gold for each crown, but if you spend crowns on gold you get 150 gold for each crown.

In a monetized game it is vastly preferable for both the game company and the players to simply have this handled in-game.
  • Adriius
    Adriius

I’ve never bought crates with real life money ... but have several Apex mounts and one Radiant Apex.

That doesn’t diminish what Crown crates represent to some players ... but it is an option.

Oh! Thank for that insight, much appreciated!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really hoping to see how it sounds in game and running. It seems no one is brave enough or rich enough and dumb to be the guinea pig as no one in game has it either. I COULD afford it but it's a gamble and my odds are always terrible.
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointed that this mount is for gems. Would have been a instant buy from me if it had been for crowns.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm down everyone! It’s only the equivalent of something around $200+.

Yup, nothing wrong with that..... :unamused:
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I grabbed the horse but it fit one of my existing characters so well it was like they were made for each other. However no unique summons but the horses neigh and sounds are deeper and a little slower and more evil sounding than a normal horse. Damn good looking mount but I was inspired long ago to try make a granny rags (dishonored) character but no mount fit her until now. Granny Wither shins + crones from witcher 3 makes one unique looking and evil necromancer.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    I grabbed the horse but it fit one of my existing characters so well it was like they were made for each other. However no unique summons but the horses neigh and sounds are deeper and a little slower and more evil sounding than a normal horse. Damn good looking mount but I was inspired long ago to try make a granny rags (dishonored) character but no mount fit her until now. Granny Wither shins + crones from witcher 3 makes one unique looking and evil necromancer.

@Aptonoth screenshot?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve never bought crates with real life money

With your real life money ;) Other people still paid real life money to get you all the crates.
    I grabbed the horse but it fit one of my existing characters so well it was like they were made for each other. However no unique summons but the horses neigh and sounds are deeper and a little slower and more evil sounding than a normal horse.

Thank you for being brave enough to buy this horse and confirm some details about it :)
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I am disappointed after I've previewed this horse in game :/

The idea, and some parts of the body are really great (face is wicked, branches on the chest and back actually have shape, cool saddle and stamina upgrade). But most of body looks like a simple horse with a new texture - all the little branches and mane/tail don't have any shape, they are simply painted on the flat horse body...

I wonder if somebody will make any showcase video of this mount. From what I see in preview, this mount doesn't even have special summoning animation :| When you preview it, it simply appears without any sound and effect, like any ordinary mount :/

This is exactly what I think of it. Too solid, not wicker looking enough. If it had been something like below, with the more grey color scheme and using the twine in some spot, that would have been a totally different story.
    27359926325_828760d076_b.jpg
    The implementation of it is just too blocky and lazy for a special mount, especially compared to things like the storm atro mounts. Such a greedy shame for a mount so expensive.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a little excited when I saw the "500" in the Store, thinking: "Oh wow, they gave out the paired pet as a daily reward and now they're giving out the Mount for 500 Crowns? That's cool!"

Then I saw the Crown Gems symbol.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice looking Mount.

But would I spend 500 Gems on this, when most Crown Crate Apex Mounts look WAY cooler and are 100 Gems cheaper? No.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    @Aptonoth screenshot?

Indeed! There is a whole thread for that in the general section of the forum just for Vampire looks! That one sounds cool.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    when most Crown Crate Apex Mounts look WAY cooler and are 100 Gems cheaper? No.

I would say this mount is cooler looking and will be far rarer than most apex mounts. It does not have the flashy lit up "look at me!" lighting of an apex mount, but it is far more distinct and fits many characters far better than most of those mounts would. Once it is gone we will not see it again for 2+ years most likely and the few people who buy it now will have a pretty rare mount to trot around town in.

If I was looking at a choice between 400 gems for an apex vs 500 gems for this I would take the wicker horse for sure for that 100 gems more. Are either worth it? Not sure on that, all of the rare mounts cost an arm and a leg if you use real life money to get the gems.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay here is screenshot as requested. She has mount speed 1 upgraded but not stamina or inventory as I was on the fence about deleting her as an alt. Now she has a permanent spot on my roster. Behold Granny-Wither Skins and her horse I named Whispess. A5lLi1F.jpg

Her town clothing.
    mjvz1Pg.jpg
    Edited by Aptonoth on May 22, 2020 8:04PM
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Okay here is screenshot as requested. She has mount speed 1 upgraded but not stamina or inventory as I was on the fence about deleting her as an alt. Now she has a permanent spot on my roster. Behold Granny-Wither Skins and her horse I named Whispess.

That is super cool, she looks epic in the second picture.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    First time I encounter a mount costing gems that's not a part of the crates. Is this a new thing or have they done *** like this before?