Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone else burnt out from questing?

• Abusabus
    Abusabus
    crush83 wrote: »
    Is there some rule that says you MUST always be advancing at the same rate no matter what you do in the game?

No but there should be.

Why is questing the only viable option for good xp levelling? More options....always a good thing.
    Edited by Abusabus on April 18, 2014 5:21PM
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    The only questline I'm tired of is the Silvenar. Good god could that thing finally end, please.
  • Tajich
    Tajich
    ✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    Im only lvl 8 and feel so burnt out running back and forth. Wish we could lvl through pvp.

To be honest I prefer more freedom in an mmorpg. If there isn't an alternative way to level soon, I'll probably unsub; some quests I like, some bore me to death.

I never enjoy being forced down a quest-line in order to level up and the idea for grinding out 50+ levels through questing alone is too daunting for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game engine, graphics and most everything else, but the quests are burning me out and I do not care for a level system to begin with.
  • imperialyap_ESO
    If your tired of the quests, there's a lot of other tasks that the game does offer. Although I do skim over the quests, I don't find them boring. There's a lot of mixed objectives, and I would recommend reading them to some degree, even if it's a quick skim so you get the story behind why your running from point A to B, or why you have to catch a frog, etc.

On days you don't feel like doing a quest, go out a grind on some creatures, or go exploring and find chests/harvest mats. In a week, I spend at least 2 days going around harvesting strictly, and crafting. I usually do a lot of PVP on those days too to break up things.
    Edited by imperialyap_ESO on April 18, 2014 9:06PM
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abusabus wrote: »
    No but there should be.

Why is questing the only viable option for good xp levelling? More options....always a good thing.

Why is it important that other tasks level you up? I mean, the content in the area is geared towards your current level, not higher levels. So, doesn't it make sense that while doing that content, you wouldn't gain levels that you make that content worthless?

What if I wanted to be a lifetime level 20 player, and Banished Cells was my end-game?
  • Parthrax7744
    Parthrax7744
    ✭✭✭
    In many other MMOs I was rushed to get to endgame content, But ESO, I take my time, Enjoy the story, Read some books, Every 25-50 quest or so I do get a little bored with questing so I go to PVP and Destroy some people, Cook so new food, Anyways, My answer is... No.
    Edited by Parthrax7744 on April 18, 2014 9:26PM
    Fus Ro Dah!