The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Siege dots damage through cloak + random single target attacks break it. Working as intended?

Master_Kas
Master_Kas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I can't find any info on this in the recent patch notes.

- Random singletarget abilities break cloak (lightattacks, player abilities, NPC abilities)
- Siege dots (like coldfire / fire ballista / oil) do damage through cloak.

Working as intended/ninja nerf or broken ?

Surprised not seeing alot of QQ about this here.
EU | PC
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me, was about Time to fix this permastealth in combat.

Hopefully it’s intended 😁
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much seems like Cloak lost its ability to force a miss on DoTs and single target abilities. Everything now breaks it.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Pretty much seems like Cloak lost its ability to force a miss on DoTs and single target abilities. Everything now breaks it.

Well it makes sense and it was really annoying to play against cloakspammers, now you have chance to get them out of it, I like it
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »

Well it makes sense and it was really annoying to play against cloakspammers, now you have chance to get them out of it, I like it

struggling with cloak just means you have a l2p issue. every class/mag/stam in the game has an ability that can break cloak stealth built into their best possible build to run. so if you do not have an ability such as this slotted essentially youre playing your class wrong. also you can buy detect pots as well that render stealth completely useless. l2p issue players qq'ing on the forums instead of learning how to play the game are how nightblades got nerfed to borderline unplayability in the first place. thankfully i believe zos understands this at this point and isnt listening.

but yea i heard that cloak is bugged along with a ton of other abilities this patch. hopefully they figure it out before the new expansion.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »

struggling with cloak just means you have a l2p issue. every class/mag/stam in the game has an ability that can break cloak stealth built into their best possible build to run. so if you do not have an ability such as this slotted essentially youre playing your class wrong. also you can buy detect pots as well that render stealth completely useless. l2p issue players qq'ing on the forums instead of learning how to play the game are how nightblades got nerfed to borderline unplayability in the first place. thankfully i believe zos understands this at this point and isnt listening.

but yea i heard that cloak is bugged along with a ton of other abilities this patch. hopefully they figure it out before the new expansion.

Where did I say I struggle with cloak ? I said it’s annoying and yes it is annoying...yes I start chasing a nb down and spam graveyards on him, sounds fun to me :) I could slot magelight and rebuild my whole bars... using a stealth detect pot to lose the sorcpot? Should the little cloak have so much impact that it makes me do that ? Maybe you learn what balance means and how much impact a single skill should have on others...

Beeing able to get them out of cloak easier especially on Range makes the gameplay against it just less annoying.
    Cloak is why nb took all the nerfs so maybe making it less annoying to play against will result in them giving nb the needed Love in all other not stealth aspects...
    Edited by Lole on March 18, 2020 9:36PM
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

Where did I say I struggle with cloak ? I said it’s annoying and yes it is annoying...yes I start chasing a nb down and spam graveyards on him, sounds fun to me :) I could slot magelight and rebuild my whole bars... using a stealth detect pot to lose the sorcpot? Should the little cloak have so much impact that it makes me do that ? Maybe you learn what balance means and how much impact a single skill should have on others...

Beeing able to get them out of cloak easier especially on Range makes the gameplay against it just less annoying.
    Cloak is why nb took all the nerfs so maybe making it less annoying to play against will result in them giving nb the needed Love in all other not stealth aspects...

Yes, you should change your playstyle to deal with different builds. Nothing says fotm more than what you just commented on. Cookie cutter builds I assume you use and don't like change. One build should not be able to win everything.

Use different pots to deal with it like most people that l2p. Took me a while but now that I use them it makes a night to day difference dealing with NBs.

As other people mentioned, l2p issue, nothing more.
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    fbours wrote: »

Yes, you should change your playstyle to deal with different builds. Nothing says fotm more than what you just commented on. Cookie cutter builds I assume you use and don't like change. One build should not be able to win everything.

Use different pots to deal with it like most people that l2p. Took me a while but now that I use them it makes a night to day difference dealing with NBs.

not like most nbs are a threat anyway
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me, was about Time to fix this permastealth in combat.

Hopefully it’s intended 😁
    Cloak is easy to counter if your having problems with cloak now even in it’s bugged state then no amount of nerfing to cloak is going to help you kill a nb anyways l2p.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

When did I say I can’t deal with nbs? I am saying it’s annoying... don’t turn what i am saying up side down, I never said I struggle killing nightblades at all...and yes the cloak in itself is extremly powerful and that resulted into nightblade getting nerfed over and over again in all other aspects. see the bigger picture and ask yourself why nb is in such a horrible spot
    btw I also Play nightblade and I don’t like beeing forced to play with cloak cuz everything outside of cloak is garbage
    Oh and no i don’t Play a copy Pasta Build sry

[Snip]

[Edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 19, 2020 1:41PM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When did I say I can’t deal with nbs? I am saying it’s annoying... don’t turn what i am saying up side down, I never said I struggle killing nightblades at all...and yes the cloak in itself is extremly powerful and that resulted into nightblade getting nerfed over and over again in all other aspects. see the bigger picture and ask yourself why nb is in such a horrible spot
    btw I also Play nightblade and I don’t like beeing forced to play with cloak cuz everything outside of cloak is garbage
    Oh and no i don’t Play a copy Pasta Build sry

[Snip]
    [Edited for baiting]

LOL

[Snip]

[Edited for baiting]

Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 19, 2020 1:54PM
    EU | PC
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    i can confirm, coldfire ballista cannot be blocked, which is not supposed to be
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

not like most nbs are a threat anyway

I'll have to agree, but most NBs still want to play the old way and have not adjusted, cloak and one shot everything, rinse and repeat. I've seen NBs that can face tank vx and still do pretty high burst dmg, both mag and Stam. That said, I do not play my nightblade for that playstyle..
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hunting nightblades is fun, i like it but i must admit its sometimes really annoying. Combination of speedblade, Los and cloak can be insane and most of aoes don't have that reach to be reliable to deal with it. Also, countering that cloak of yours cost me more magicka/stamina then casting it unless I know where you are

But i think it wasnt because of this why nightblade was nerfed. nightblade is responsible for this tank meta whats here now because of ganking and thats also why it was nerfed.

Nobody wants to die
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »

Hunting nightblades is fun, i like it but i must admit its sometimes really annoying. Combination of speedblade, Los and cloak can be insane and most of aoes don't have that reach to be reliable to deal with it. Also, countering that cloak of yours cost me more magicka/stamina then casting it unless I know where you are

But i think it wasnt because of this why nightblade was nerfed. nightblade is responsible for this tank meta whats here now because of ganking and thats also why it was nerfed.

Nobody wants to die

Most likely nerf due to too many desync and bugs, as well as by increasing the overall WD/SD cap that allow you to use NB to attack in Solo target. What you call tanky meta is associated with increased overall healing and increased overall WD and SD. The increase in overall healing was due to the appearance of a new class that is able to control mass Defile. So people who are begging for the removal of Defile simply do not understand the entire chain of development and balancing of the game as a whole. At the current overall numbers, this is almost the same as asking to remove Major Fracture from Noxious Breath and Subterranean Assault. Replacing it with something is also not an option, when everyone has their own specific kit.
    P. S. In my opinion, NBs will remain dependent on ganking style and cloak until its core is extended with the ability to use AoE class skills. Although this may not happen, since devs are guided by class identity, so ganking builds are the most effective.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 19, 2020 3:46PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So stuff should get nerfed (or left buggy) because you think it's annoying to not have a free kill on Nbs? It's not like that Nb was already trash before the recent patch.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not only you OP, cloak is bugged currently. Literally everything cancels your cloak / invisiblity. The only dmg - dealing skills that should do it are AEO. Currently everything breaks it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515698/enemy-wb-hit-me-while-cloaked
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515185/gap-closer-breaking-nb-cloak
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/514916/nb-cloak-broke/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6635276#Comment_6635276
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515274/nightblades-have-it-bad-and-cloak-is-now-nearly-unusable-previous-thread-expanded/p1

Now, just before some one types something salty / trolling that this is good, this is how it should be, death to all NB etc. :

It is an equivalent of "any skills" cancelling steak for example and pulling you back where you were before. I know there is a lot of sorcs too, so I used this as an example, just to compare how serious this bug / issue is.

Also cloak was the only NB skill that I was using on my NB. "Was" because of this bug I was forced to replace it with some other skill... non-class skill, which means I am currently using ZERO class skill on my NB, that is how awesome NB is currently lol.
    ^ On the other hand, I am nerf-proof now LOL....

Also, OP, there was a lot of topics about this issue, but becouse of snipe haters those decayed fast. IKR, snipe is not a NB skills, just minor detail... :joy:
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

So stuff should get nerfed (or left buggy) because you think it's annoying to not have a free kill on Nbs? It's not like that Nb was already trash before the recent patch.

Its not about having a freekill mate, and as I said before it’s also not about making nb even worse than it is and I would never ask for cloak getting nerfed by myself :)
    In the end I would like to see nb getting buffed but I would like to see it buffed outside their stealth so they are actually able to stand their ground without it...currently the whole kit is pretty much crap besides cloak. Will they buff nb while cloak is as strong as it is ? I don’t think so cuz every buff they give to the outsidekit also impacts their gank firepower

And still some classes have a tough time to get them out of stealth on longer range... so would it be that bad to be able to get them out of stealth with lmb of destrostaffs?

Maybe you explain me how exactly you are going to counter a high range nightblade pounding on your mates from 30 meters with snipe while they can safely vanish over and over again ? Pots don’t help on that range. My only options is to spam boneyards on 28 Meter range for 4K magicka each to actually have the chance to reveal him ? Besides that the ground ability’s feel kinda awkward to use on higher range
    Edited by Lole on March 19, 2020 1:14PM
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭

In the end I would like to see nb getting buffed but I would like to see it buffed outside their stealth so they are actually able to stand their ground without it...currently the whole kit is pretty much crap besides cloak. Will they buff nb while cloak is as strong as it is ? I don’t think so cuz every buff they give to the outsidekit also impacts their gank firepower

this ^. That's why I tried to suggest reworking the mechanics of Lifestealing. Perhaps this could create builds with the new tanky line and use its own feature and identity. I like the theme of NBs as a master of the dark arts associated with blood, but I don't feel it in ganking styles. Although this is not a panacea, I just wish the kit was something more.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 19, 2020 1:21PM
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know cloak only gets broken, if the enemy started his attack before you cloaked.
    Before Mondays patch that meant that pets pulled you out of cloak constantly because they were summoned before you actually cloaked, so they could see you, was pretty annoying, but is fixed.

Also random light attacks are not pulling you out of cloak, at least not as long as there is no lag, only skills do that, as long as they were cast before you actually went invisible. Thats why you don't just cloak, you always do Dodgerole -> CLoak, that eliminates most skills hitting you afterwards, except AoE of course.

Dots as far as I was concerned don't pull you out of cloak if they don't connect back to the enemy, thats why Entropy and Degeneration pull you out, because the enemy gets something back. And all Dots applied to you will deal damage while you cloak without pulling you out, not like before where they just missed.

And there is no crying about it, because NBs are busy celebrating the return of incap stun, its the best thing ever, mainly because sliding enemies that can't cast are pretty funny to watch.
    Edited by L_Nici on March 19, 2020 3:48PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this while playing last night. Dots I can understand but direct damage ability should miss.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 19, 2020 8:50PM